Author

Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod] - page 688. (Read 124912 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
After watching first two days play now we can say England is very well prepared for this very important series they are playing very confidently against Indian spinners Root is specially player to watch in this match and for coming matches 550 is really good foundation for their start of series now Indian batsmen also feel some pressure because they have to do some hard work for staying in hunt for this series and WTC Final.
The spinners were bowling well but the pitch was not help them and still Ashwin was able to deceive the players and pick wickets and in the final two sessions the pitch started to show signs of turn and Shahbaz Nadeem was able to pick two wickets but Washington Sundar was disappointing.

In this match Pakistan is still in some good position because we have already 200+ leade 4 wickets left any thing above 250+ is good in fourth inning Rizwan is on crease with Hassan Ali hopefully these tail enders can do some better but sadly in last few innings all top order batsmen completely fail to give any impression its really matter of worry for management and selectors they are doing very bad experiments.
If Pakistan is able to make a lead of above 250 runs then they have the bowlers to restrict South Africa until someone rises above and performs an outstanding innings.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 323
-snip-
Joe Root is getting better and better, what an extraordinary inning to be honest and also he is scoring at good strike rate as well throughout the match but finally Nadeem managed to take his wicket. Even if they score 580 still it is going to be a big task for Indian batsmen, hope they will play as deep as possible and they have to cross the follow on first then can think about the leading runs.
Before going to back to pavilion Joe Root delivered a thrilling innings, score a record double century. Joe Root has demonstrated that he is the current best test batsman. Overall great collaboration lead England stumps 555/8 on day two, Indian home conditions are not supporting Indains bowler?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
Joe Root leading from the front and everyone chipped in with their performance and they were able to reach 550 runs which is a really great score considering India had three spinners and the England batsman were able to counter everything and was able to score runs. Kohli will be under pressure to perform and save the match as India performed well without his presence and if India is defeated then you will hear voices about changing Kohli as a captain.
Root was exceptional as expected. Without his contribution, England would have been in a pinch. They will probably end up posting a target close to 600 unless the Indian bowlers pick the tail-enders off quickly.

Sharma and Bumrah impressed me the most since they took 2 wickets each and were very economical when compared to the rest. I agree with your statement about Kohli getting in trouble if India loses this series.
Joe Root is getting better and better, what an extraordinary inning to be honest and also he is scoring at good strike rate as well throughout the match but finally Nadeem managed to take his wicket. Even if they score 580 still it is going to be a big task for Indian batsmen, hope they will play as deep as possible and they have to cross the follow on first then can think about the leading runs.
Activity: 896
Merit: 236
Although Pakistan did not bat well yesterday but they have bowled very well and managed to take 5 wickets for South Africa cheaply. If they could make bowl out south africa quickly, they have a good chance to get hold of this test match also.

If Pakistan had managed to score in excess of 300, then I would have said that they have the advantage in this match. But they managed only 272. South Africa is not in a good state, but if they can score above 200, then the outcome will depend on the second innings. Pakistan is very inconsistent and I am not sure whether they will be able to get a good score when they come out to bat latter today.

I thought pakistani team were in control of the match when they bowled out south africa for only 201 runs but our batsmen played irresponsibly in the 2nd innings and now pakistani team in a danger of losing this test match. You rightly said that pakistani team in very inconsistent and they could lose any match which they should have won easily.
In this match Pakistan is still in some good position because we have already 200+ leade 4 wickets left any thing above 250+ is good in fourth inning Rizwan is on crease with Hassan Ali hopefully these tail enders can do some better but sadly in last few innings all top order batsmen completely fail to give any impression its really matter of worry for management and selectors they are doing very bad experiments.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
Although Pakistan did not bat well yesterday but they have bowled very well and managed to take 5 wickets for South Africa cheaply. If they could make bowl out south africa quickly, they have a good chance to get hold of this test match also.

If Pakistan had managed to score in excess of 300, then I would have said that they have the advantage in this match. But they managed only 272. South Africa is not in a good state, but if they can score above 200, then the outcome will depend on the second innings. Pakistan is very inconsistent and I am not sure whether they will be able to get a good score when they come out to bat latter today.

I thought pakistani team were in control of the match when they bowled out south africa for only 201 runs but our batsmen played irresponsibly in the 2nd innings and now pakistani team in a danger of losing this test match. You rightly said that pakistani team in very inconsistent and they could lose any match which they should have won easily.
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
After watching first two days play now we can say England is very well prepared for this very important series they are playing very confidently against Indian spinners Root is specially player to watch in this match and for coming matches 550 is really good foundation for their start of series now Indian batsmen also feel some pressure because they have to do some hard work for staying in hunt for this series and WTC Final.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 969
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Joe Root leading from the front and everyone chipped in with their performance and they were able to reach 550 runs which is a really great score considering India had three spinners and the England batsman were able to counter everything and was able to score runs. Kohli will be under pressure to perform and save the match as India performed well without his presence and if India is defeated then you will hear voices about changing Kohli as a captain.
Root was exceptional as expected. Without his contribution, England would have been in a pinch. They will probably end up posting a target close to 600 unless the Indian bowlers pick the tail-enders off quickly.

Sharma and Bumrah impressed me the most since they took 2 wickets each and were very economical when compared to the rest. I agree with your statement about Kohli getting in trouble if India loses this series.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
Right now his figures stand at 39-151-2. India went to the match with three off-spinners (two right-armers and one left-armer). Kuldeep with his wrist spin could have added more variety to the attack.
We can speculate that Kuldeep Yadav could have made a difference, i was not expecting Shahbaz Nadeem in the team but the pitch was not helping the spinners either, if India would have batted first i do think that they could have batted like this and once the pitch starts to wear and tear it will start helping the spinners. Ishant Sharma bowled well even though he did not pick much wickets his line and length were outstanding and did not give away runs .
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I missed Joe Root scoring his double ton, as I was away for some emergency. But congratulations to him. This is his second double ton in three matches (in the third match he fell marginally before 200, as he got out for 186). Right now England seems to be having an advantage. In case they can get to a total of 600, then they will be having a solid chance of winning this match.

He was selected on a fact that England players are weak in playing Left-arm spinner but it doesn't seem like that. They have played him well. Kuldeep could have added more experience to the side.

Right now his figures stand at 39-151-2. India went to the match with three off-spinners (two right-armers and one left-armer). Kuldeep with his wrist spin could have added more variety to the attack.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Finally India was able to pick the wicket of Joe Root and Shahbaz Nadeem could trap him in front of the wicket but it looks like the damage has been done and Rishab Pant is at again dropping catches behind the wicket and i wonder how many dropped chances were there in this innings as i just saw Pant dropping Buttler . Pant is constantly chirping behind the stumps usually Sri Lanka was known to constantly chirp to distract the batsman and now Pant is doing it full time Cheesy.
Activity: 896
Merit: 236
England is in a really strong position and Joe Root is just 16 short of his double century and it is going to be a battle for India to change their fortunes as England literally dominated India in their home. I was checking the old matches that is played in this ground and it turns out the pitches will deteriorate in the final two days and if England can post well over 550 to 600 runs then India will find it difficult.

Jos Buttler is yet to come to the crease and if he plays a quick innings then it will be a great position for England to win the match and make a statement. Grin
Second day second session ends with score of 454/4 Root 209 and Pope 24 Buttler still to come mean England is is going good for their target of 600+ and if they done this surely its going to be very good for them and really poor from Indian point of view because this target mean for result they have to bat for 2 days as well which is not good for result of this match Root doing really good in this Sub-Continent tour until now 633 runs with the average of 158 extra ordinary for any English batsment in recent years.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
England is in a really strong position and Joe Root is just 16 short of his double century and it is going to be a battle for India to change their fortunes as England literally dominated India in their home. I was checking the old matches that is played in this ground and it turns out the pitches will deteriorate in the final two days and if England can post well over 550 to 600 runs then India will find it difficult.

Jos Buttler is yet to come to the crease and if he plays a quick innings then it will be a great position for England to win the match and make a statement. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
Shahbaz Nadeem got the wicket of Ben Stokes, but that doesn't take away the fact that he was the weak link in the Indian bowling lineup for this match. Kohli/Shastri preferred him over Kuldeep Yadav, and it turned out to be another disastrous decision from the duo.

He was selected on a fact that England players are weak in playing Left-arm spinner but it doesn't seem like that. They have played him well. Kuldeep could have added more experience to the side.
Ben Stokes got out before he could get his century and now Ollie Pope has come to the crease to provide company to Joe Root. I am waiting impatiently for Root to reach his double ton.. he seems to have slowed down a bit during the last 10-15 overs. Shahbaz Nadeem got the wicket of Ben Stokes, but that doesn't take away the fact that he was the weak link in the Indian bowling lineup for this match. Kohli/Shastri preferred him over Kuldeep Yadav, and it turned out to be another disastrous decision from the duo.

~
I didn't expect Sibley or openers to score runs tho.

Yup.. Sibley laid the foundation. In hot and humid conditions, he batted for more than 6 hours and we need to appreciate that.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536
Did anyone expected England to start the test so well against India ? I never expected this England batting performance to happen in Indian home ground. Their captain Joe Root has made 150+ and i hope he makes his double century in this innings. It will be interesting to see how India will chase this massive total and whether or not they will lose quick wickets due to a lot of runs pressure.
Yup.. it was expected when they won the toss and if we are talking about Joe Root then yeah, my hopes were high for him.

I didn't expect Sibley or openers to score runs tho.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
South Africa is struggling and if they could bat longer they can score runs but they lack the batsman that have the temperament to stay in the crease with patience and rebuild the innings, Pakistan will win the match unless they under perform in the second innings with bat and ball.

England is countering the Indian bowlers with ease and toss made all the changes as the spinners are not getting that much assistance from the pitch and Joe Root is leading from the front and he might go on to score more than a double century and if they set out a score of above 500 then it will be a great battle to see how India will counter the situation.

Did anyone expected England to start the test so well against India ? I never expected this England batting performance to happen in Indian home ground. Their captain Joe Root has made 150+ and i hope he makes his double century in this innings. It will be interesting to see how India will chase this massive total and whether or not they will lose quick wickets due to a lot of runs pressure.

BTW, Joe Root is batting at 154, with Ben Stokes giving him company. It is just unbelievable the way this guy plays. Back in Sri Lanka last month, he had scores of 228 and 1 in the first test, and then 186 and 11 in the second test. And once again, he is going to make a big contribution in this test match.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
South Africa is struggling and if they could bat longer they can score runs but they lack the batsman that have the temperament to stay in the crease with patience and rebuild the innings, Pakistan will win the match unless they under perform in the second innings with bat and ball.

England is countering the Indian bowlers with ease and toss made all the changes as the spinners are not getting that much assistance from the pitch and Joe Root is leading from the front and he might go on to score more than a double century and if they set out a score of above 500 then it will be a great battle to see how India will counter the situation.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
This is his 100th test and I am expecting something special.
I am counting on his ton. England need big inning from him and at least 350-400 runs on the board otherwise Indians going to take away the game far from their reach.
-----
Meanwhile lost the another bet on Babar, Again. Safe to say no century for him in this series.

Nowadays most of the teams are dependent on one or two players. India is dependent on Virat Kohli (although the situation is changing), England is dependent on Joe Root/Ben Stokes, Pakistan is like one-man army of Babar Azam, Steve Smith/Marnus Labuschagne for Australia, Kane Williamson for New Zealand.etc. The problem is that the team morale goes down whenever these players get out for low scores.

And sad to see Pakistan wasting the recovery they made yesterday. Expected Babar Azam to make a century, but he got out for 77. Keshav Maharaj and Anrich Nortje have taken all the wickets in the innings till now. And the good news for South Africa is that George Linde seems to be fit again to bowl.

Jump to: