Pages:
Author

Topic: The Fascists That Surround You - page 5. (Read 9691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
December 05, 2012, 02:16:34 AM
OP updated to include part 3.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
December 04, 2012, 03:25:04 PM
The Dunning-Kruger experiments (mentioned in the first video) show that people who are bad at something not only grossly overestimate their own abilities but also miss the meta-cognitive skills to recognize their mistakes and fail to recognize competence in their peers.

While the plants in the garden worship the roses, they fail to recognize the wisdom of the trees. If they did, the garden could blossom into a forest, creating a complex ecosystem where many more species could develop and thrive.

I guess the roses are not the real problem. The plants are.

Well said.

Yes, well done, the analogy became more stupid than before!

Plants do not worship roses and gardens are not made to become forests.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
December 04, 2012, 02:33:55 PM
These two videos discuss the prevalence of sociopaths in society, how they disguise themselves, and the lengths they'll go to in order to avoid detection.

The Fascists That Surround You - Part 1
The Fascists That Surround You - Part 2: Sociopaths

What fascism have anything to do with sociopaths?
Fascism:Sociopaths::Garden:Roses.

The Dunning-Kruger experiments (mentioned in the first video) show that people who are bad at something not only grossly overestimate their own abilities but also miss the meta-cognitive skills to recognize their mistakes and fail to recognize competence in their peers.

While the plants in the garden worship the roses, they fail to recognize the wisdom of the trees. If they did, the garden could blossom into a forest, creating a complex ecosystem where many more species could develop and thrive.

Well said.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
December 04, 2012, 09:43:21 AM
These two videos discuss the prevalence of sociopaths in society, how they disguise themselves, and the lengths they'll go to in order to avoid detection.

Fascism:Sociopaths::Garden:Roses.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 03, 2012, 05:18:39 PM
I love these threads, two more for my ignore list: FirstAscent and augustocroppo.

Hooray!

I also love these threads because they cause the sociopaths to identify themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
December 03, 2012, 05:25:44 AM
I love these threads, two more for my ignore list: FirstAscent and augustocroppo.
vip
December 02, 2012, 06:54:15 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
December 02, 2012, 06:48:56 PM
I know someone who acts like a sociopath. He has the following qualities:

- Denies his past behavior when it is inconvenient for him
- Takes people to court all the time to sue for petty issues
- Vandalizes the property of people he has disputes with
- Has no empathy for other people's feelings
- Never maintains a friendship with people once they discover what he's really like
- Always makes sure he pays less than the other guy in mutual outings
- Pesters eternally until the other party gives in to his demands
- Has poisoned animals as revenge for deals or arguments that didn't go his way
- Mistreats pets
- Abuses family
- Does not ever care if his actions inconvenience others
- Is tighter beyond belief with his money
- Does not care how others perceive him or his actions
- Forces other people to do things against their will if he has leverage
I'm glad you've decided to finally admit you have a problem.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 02, 2012, 06:33:00 PM
I know someone who acts like a sociopath. He has the following qualities:

- Denies his past behavior when it is inconvenient for him
- Takes people to court all the time to sue for petty issues
- Vandalizes the property of people he has disputes with
- Has no empathy for other people's feelings
- Never maintains a friendship with people once they discover what he's really like
- Always makes sure he pays less than the other guy in mutual outings
- Pesters eternally until the other party gives in to his demands
- Has poisoned animals as revenge for deals or arguments that didn't go his way
- Mistreats pets
- Abuses family
- Does not ever care if his actions inconvenience others
- Is tighter beyond belief with his money
- Does not care how others perceive him or his actions
- Forces other people to do things against their will if he has leverage
vip
December 02, 2012, 06:17:57 PM
You quoted a dictionary. Good for you. That doesn't argue against the fact that you will find Sociopaths in governments, and that fascist governments provide a very tempting target for sociopaths to seek, since it offers them quite a bit of control over others, which is exactly what they like.

There is no target, there is no tempting. Sociopaths are individuals afflicted by a psychological disorder, which does affect them and the people around them. Sociopaths are not the occasional liars. Politicians are the occasional liars.

Your assertion that sociopaths couldn't get elected because they can't stop lying is particularly laughable. Plug this into Google: "How do you know when a politician is lying?"

That is the first entry...

Where, exactly, did I ask the moderators to delete your threads?

At no moment did  you ask the moderators to delete threads. That is called moderation, not censorship. I did not suggest that. You started a thread in the forum section asking: 'Can we stop this sort of idiocy?'

Who is 'we'? Were you not expecting the moderators to read your humble appeal?

It's not free speech, it's trolling. And isn't Meta supposed to be about the forum, and not the forum members?

Good try.

I did explain it. Fascism attracts sociopaths. Thus, you will find sociopaths in fascistic power structures.

You did not... You did not even explain in 'great details' the small detail:

Of course they do. But where roses exist inside a garden, they are the centerpiece (leadership, in our analogy), or often the entire theme of the garden (the entire power structure, in our example). You can have a garden without roses,  but the temptation to add a rosebush is constant (Fascistic governments attract sociopaths), and once you have one rosebush, you're well on your way to having a rose garden (sociopaths tend to take over any fascistic power structure they are introduced to).

This begs the question: who is the subject under the 'temptation' to add political leaders sociopaths to the political structure? Where does this 'temptation' come from?
December 02, 2012, 04:37:15 PM
Ignore the walkie stalkie augustocreepo.  He feeds on attention.  Don't feed him.
I use the ignore feature more like a downvote. I occasionally interact with people on my "shit-list," but having them on ignore gives me the option of not even seeing their drivel unless I want to, which is nice.

Well, the thing is, when you interact with them, they (and possibly others) interpret your behavior as validation of their shitty conduct.  Not to mention that the thread becomes about THEIR garbage, rather than the topic at hand.  That's why it's superior, more effective, better on your time expenditure, to ignore them, and then making short notes warning other people not to interact with the shitheads.

Good point.
You choose.
My vote is the latter option. Crappo can't even parse an analogy right.
December 02, 2012, 04:29:07 PM
Ignore the walkie stalkie augustocreepo.  He feeds on attention.  Don't feed him.
I use the ignore feature more like a downvote. I occasionally interact with people on my "shit-list," but having them on ignore gives me the option of not even seeing their drivel unless I want to, which is nice.

Well, the thing is, when you interact with them, they (and possibly others) interpret your behavior as validation of their shitty conduct.  Not to mention that the thread becomes about THEIR garbage, rather than the topic at hand.  That's why it's superior, more effective, better on your time expenditure, to ignore them, and then making short notes warning other people not to interact with the shitheads.
December 02, 2012, 04:27:10 PM
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
December 02, 2012, 04:24:22 PM

or

You choose.
December 02, 2012, 04:21:42 PM
Ignore the walkie stalkie augustocreepo.  He feeds on attention.  Don't feed him.  Your life is far too valuable to be reading the garbage they spew.  Simply add him to your ignore list, and then (whenever he posts on any thread you've posted) make a one-line note saying you're ignoring him because he's a provocateur / asshole / saboteur / et cetera, and inviting others to do the same.
December 02, 2012, 03:38:50 PM
Ooooh, that's a threat. I'm scared, now. Roll Eyes Whatever will I do if you make a thread about me?

Willful ignorance, huh? Like refusing to watch a video before commenting on it's content?

You are intentionally refusing to prove that your allegation is right. Moreover, I already provided quotes from references to substantiate this debate. This is completely different than ask to someone watch a video or read a whole book. Different from you, I raise arguments based on reliable evidence, which anyone can verify easily.
You quoted a dictionary. Good for you. That doesn't argue against the fact that you will find Sociopaths in governments, and that fascist governments provide a very tempting target for sociopaths to seek, since it offers them quite a bit of control over others, which is exactly what they like.

Your assertion that sociopaths couldn't get elected because they can't stop lying is particularly laughable. Plug this into Google: "How do you know when a politician is lying?"

You can pretend that you are not scared, but you know that if I do a thread for you like I did for Rudd-O you will be affected. You know this because you have already appealed to the moderators intervene for Rudd-O.
Where, exactly, did I ask the moderators to delete your threads?

That means the debate is not about the video content, but about a relationship of fascism and sociopathy which you failed to explain.
I did explain it. Fascism attracts sociopaths. Thus, you will find sociopaths in fascistic power structures.
vip
December 02, 2012, 03:31:03 PM
Ooooh, that's a threat. I'm scared, now. Roll Eyes Whatever will I do if you make a thread about me?

Willful ignorance, huh? Like refusing to watch a video before commenting on it's content?

Oh, my initial questions do not have anything to do with the video content, but the implication made by the original poster:

I required an explanation from an user and your intervened with a stupid analogy which did not explained the relationship of fascism and sociopathy. When I deconstructed your analogy, you proceeded to stir up the discussion with an allegation of logical fallacy. That means the debate is not about the video content, but about a relationship of fascism and sociopathy which you failed to explain.
vip
December 02, 2012, 03:22:19 PM

You are intentionally refusing to prove that your allegation is right. Moreover, I already provided quotes from references to substantiate this debate. This is completely different than ask to someone watch a video or read a whole book. Different from you, I raise arguments based on reliable evidence, which anyone can easily verify.

You can pretend that you are not scared, but you know that if I do a thread for you like I did for Rudd-O you will be affected. You know this because you have already appealed to the moderators to intervene for Rudd-O.
vip
December 02, 2012, 03:14:30 PM
You've now made four posts in a row like that. One or two wouldn't call too much attention to yourself, but you've made four in a row. In each, you never actually demonstrate any substantive thought process, argument, logic, or provision of fact.

That is why I made a special thread to expose Rudd-O:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rudd-o-the-hypocrite-125825
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/can-we-stop-this-sort-of-idiocy-126403

Thank you by the free publicity! I had more people reading the threads after your failed attempt to censor my expression.
December 02, 2012, 03:13:31 PM
Whoah! That one was the biggest of them all! I think we need to crack a window or something, or we may suffocate.

Especially this part:
Please, just admit that you stuck your foot in your mouth by responding without watching the video, and for fuck's sake, stop chewing!

You can beg as much you wish, but I will not admit anything at all.
The whole post, just so much hot, stinky wind.

This is willful ignorance. I suggest you at least prove that I made a straw argument. Otherwise, I will have a reason to expose you as I had made with Rudd-O.

Pages:
Jump to: