Pages:
Author

Topic: The Thai Baht (฿) has always been the most frequently used Bitcoin symbol right? - page 10. (Read 30401 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Lead Core BitKitty Developer
I kinda like Ƀ

Is this part of standard fonts?

If it is, I like it and let use it!

Is that an official TBF statement? Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
when you use the thai baht my wife has to ask what it is...

The US Dollar came out of the same evolution:

"The [$] sign is first attested in British, American, Canadian, Mexican and other Spanish American business correspondence in the 1770s, referring to the Spanish American peso,[1][2] also known as "Spanish dollar" or "piece of eight" in British North America, which provided the model for the currency that the United States later adopted in 1785 and the larger coins of the new Spanish American republics such as the Mexican peso, Peruvian eight-real and Bolivian eight-sol coins.

The best documented explanation reveals that the sign evolved out of the Spanish and Spanish American scribal abbreviation "ps" for pesos. A study of late eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century manuscripts shows that the s gradually came to be written over the p developing a close equivalent to the "$" mark.[3][4][5][6][7]"

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I kinda like Ƀ

Is this part of standard fonts?

If it is, I like it and let use it!
This doesn't look same to me.
vs
There is no identical unicode symbol. The Thai Baht is the closest however and The Silk Road (the largest Bitcoin marketplace) uses it.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Firstbits: 19e3fc
This doesn't look same to me.
vs
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
That's what I prefer.  There's also this one: BTC
That's not standard unicode though. If Luke-Jr is trying to pushing a custom font on top of another symbol, that's just not going to fly on Wikipedia.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
That's what I prefer.  There's also this one: BTC
Luke-Jr keeps changing it to some weird Russian symbol nobody uses on Wikipedia. It probably shows up as the Baht for him or something.

Anyways, we generally use the Thai Baht for Bitcoins, right?

฿ <- that right there

Pages:
Jump to: