Pages:
Author

Topic: The Thai Baht (฿) has always been the most frequently used Bitcoin symbol right? - page 9. (Read 30401 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Uh, guys... what am I missing here?

A working web browser, perhaps. Or maybe it's a font issue with your system.
Not everyone enjoys Windows loading several gigabytes of fonts on startup. I am running the latest Chrome on a minimal WinXP Pro, and these are boxes for me:
Ƀ
Ƀ

The Thai Baht works for me. So does the custom font BTC, but that's a silly thing for a standard, unless I'm the only one who uses IRC, Wikipedia, plaintext email...
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Luke-Jr, if you go to Tools/Encoding in your Chrome browser while in Wikipedia, you should have the UTF-8 option checked. Is that so?
I'm not the one having problems...

This guy is a nut. Plain and simple. Awhile back he added a Tonal number section to the Bitcoin article.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Yes, I believe there is something wrong in the configuration of the UTF-8 encoding/charset in the users' browser. HowardStrong's proposal looks fine on both my Internet Explorer and Chrome. Luke-Jr's proposal looks OK in my Internet Explorer, but doesn't look right in Chrome.

Luke-Jr, if you go to Tools/Encoding in your Chrome browser while in Wikipedia, you should have the UTF-8 option checked. Is that so?

Just to be sure, I've gone through ALL character encodings in Chrome. Lukes character is displayed in none.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

is that a general statement?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608
Yes, I believe there is something wrong in the configuration of the UTF-8 encoding/charset in the users' browser. HowardStrong's proposal looks fine on both my Internet Explorer and Chrome. Luke-Jr's proposal looks OK in my Internet Explorer, but doesn't look right in Chrome.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
I kinda like Ƀ

Alt +0243

Ƀ

There hasn't been much disagreement that Ƀ, the "Latin capital letter B with stroke" (Alt+0243) is a pretty decent symbol to use going forward.

- http://www.ecogex.com/bitcoin/
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_symbol

legendary

A working web browser, perhaps.

Explain to me how Chrome 22.0.1229.79 m is not a working browser?
Chromium 21.0.1180.89 works fine here.

More to the point, I can see the other symbols here just fine.  If B⃦ is supposed to be the best symbol, and I (and others) cannot see it properly on standard systems, perhaps it would be better to move to a different symbol that IS displayed properly on a standard system.
Images seem to be working fine until mainstream fonts are updated. Thankfully, we also have webfonts now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

More to the point, I can see the other symbols here just fine.  If B⃦ is supposed to be the best symbol, and I (and others) cannot see it properly on standard systems, perhaps it would be better to move to a different symbol that IS displayed properly on a standard system.

I am on Firefox BTW.

legendary

A working web browser, perhaps. Or maybe it's a font issue with your system.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
firstbits.com/1kznfw
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Nice to see that now my 2 fav trolls keep each other entertained in a wiki-edit-war.

This looks pretty dumb. Is it a Bbox ?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
legendary
My vote is for the Thai Baht. It's clean, elegant and standard.
This isn't a vote; B⃦ has been the standard symbol since the beginning, and there is no good reason to change that. This is just Atlas trying to turn Bitcoin into mere "Silk Road currency".
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
My vote is for the Thai Baht. It's clean, elegant and standard.
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
legendary
Luke-Jr keeps changing it to some weird Russian symbol nobody uses on Wikipedia. It probably shows up as the Baht for him or something.
Um, no, I changed it to the symbol every major Bitcoin website uses - including bitcoin.org, bitcoincharts, and these forums - at least in their favicon: B⃦
This is the standard Unicode symbol used for the B with double vertical strokes.

The forum has BTC using some CSS (embedded fonts) to workaround the fact that major fonts don't render it as nice, but it is the same symbol.

Anyways, we generally use the Thai Baht for Bitcoins, right?

฿ <- that right there
You must be confusing Bitcoin with Silk Road.
Pages:
Jump to: