Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 347. (Read 85485 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
November 09, 2021, 04:52:11 PM
@YuginKadoya. Agreed. Khamzat is presently now included in the top 10 in the rankings of the welterweight division. I speculate that he might be given an opportunity to fight Jorge Masvidal or Leon Edwards before given the opportunity to fight Kamaru.

Frankie Edgar was also leading the fight before he was transformed into a bored ape NFT. I was very disappointed.

Nothing to be disappointed about. Edgar put on a decent fight, comparable to his milage and age, I mean, the guy has been fighting top opponents since 2010, he's clearly over the hill and there is nothing bad about it. He gave his best in the fight but his best is not enough anymore. Time for Frankie to hang 'em up, time to pursue other avenues.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
November 09, 2021, 10:56:23 AM
We can’t really complain after being spoiled for a couple of weekends.  Grin

UFC is giving us an opportunity to save money for betting on a bigger event. Or let us doing something else than spending whole weekend on event, reading predictions, news and discussing results Cheesy

Damn, I am trying to clean windows in my flat for nearly a months Cheesy It is starting to get dark early and with dirty windows, I have to switch on the light after 15:00 Cheesy But, I am probably gonna skip that again and re-watch some fight or watch highlight  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 09, 2021, 10:45:18 AM
^  You can’t really compare two back to back PPV events with the next one.  And for a ordinary filler event, it’s slightly above average imo.  Other than the main event I think Song Yadong vs Arce, Moises vs Alvarez and Baeza vs Williams will be good...  

We can’t really complain after being spoiled for a couple of weekends.  Grin
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
November 09, 2021, 10:34:59 AM
Next card looks alright, nothing too spectacular. I don't think the Max Holloway fight is going to be competitive enough to get excited about. Think Max runs away with the win, and probably gets a finish.

The big fuss over last weekends fights is not the results themselves, but whether Colby got a takedown on Usman. What do you guys think? Based on the rulebooks from several different competitions there's arguments for both ways, I think on the night it was mentioned that is wasn't officially registered as a takedown, and was more of a trip.

I'm undecided on the exact definition. Colby most certainly took him down onto the ground, but only briefly didn't exactly have any prolonged control, since Usman popped up right away. There was also another grappling exchange where technically Colby did put him down, but Usman managed to get on top via rolling.
legendary
November 09, 2021, 08:48:03 AM
The Last fight UFC 268 was a rollercoaster fun to watch, and I am really thrilled to watch more of that great even, and all we got to do is move on to a new event, I say this next event in my opinion is not really that exciting and for me, the Holloway vs Rodriguez fight is the one that I am anticipating to watch,

UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez
Date: November 13, 2021
Place: UFC Apex Las Vegas Metropolitan Area, United States

Main Card

Featherweight   Max Holloway   vs.   Yair Rodríguez            
Heavyweight   Ben Rothwell   vs.   Marcos Rogério de Lima            
Women's Featherweight   Felicia Spencer   vs.   Leah Letson            
Bantamweight   Song Yadong   vs.   Julio Arce

Preliminary Card

Lightweight   Thiago Moisés   vs.   Joel Álvarez            
Women's Flyweight   Cynthia Calvillo   vs.   Andrea Lee            
Welterweight   Miguel Baeza   vs.   Khaos Williams            
Featherweight   Sean Woodson   vs.   Collin Anglin            
Women's Flyweight   Cortney Casey   vs.   Liana Jojua            
Lightweight   Marc Diakiese   vs.   Rafael Alves            
Light Heavyweight   Kennedy Nzechukwu   vs.   Da Un Jung

All information was from Wikipedia.

From the top of my head, I like Nzechukwu, Alves, Khaos Williams, Calvillo, Alvarez and matbe Marcos de Lima.  I kinda scanned Best Fight Odds a couple of hours ago and I’m pretty sure they’re all slight underdogs except for Calvillo.  The dogs are barking.

Edit:  Alvarez is 3.10.  I think it’s value.

https://www.bestfightodds.com/#
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
November 09, 2021, 04:45:11 AM
Damn @bbc.reporter, I couldn't even recognize him in that pic Grin The man already lost his chin.

UFC Fight night - I wasn't expecting the odds for Holloway (1.14) vs. Rodriguez (5.4). Okay, Max won his last fight back in January which shows he still has it after losing 2 title fights in a row but Rodriguez isn't that bad.

Anyway, I'll wait for the official weigh in before betting. Stats comparison http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/147e984aa34e3028
legendary
November 09, 2021, 04:26:40 AM
Kamaru Usman could surely try a different weight class if he prefers a double Championship belt, he can surely try a shot for the Middleweight division and have a shot for Israel Adesanya if he would dare, but I think Kamaru Usman is more focused on his offense than his defense while Adesanya prefer to fight on a safer way but in my opinion, Israel Adesanya for me is a better striker

They are friends. They are both from Nigeria. I doubt that they will agree to fight. They might fight each other just to find who is stronger, but it wont be a title fight. Imagine loosing a title to friend Cheesy

I doubt that Usman could cut enough to fit in lightweight. Cutting 7kg is a lot. And moving to light heavy does not look achievable also. Gain 16kg will be even harder. We all remember how a middleweight Adesanya look little against Blachowicz, how easy it was for Jan to throw Israel and how hard it was for Israel to stand up from parter.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
November 09, 2021, 01:33:11 AM
@YuginKadoya. Agreed. Khamzat is presently now included in the top 10 in the rankings of the welterweight division. I speculate that he might be given an opportunity to fight Jorge Masvidal or Leon Edwards before given the opportunity to fight Kamaru.

Frankie Edgar was also leading the fight before he was transformed into a bored ape NFT. I was very disappointed.

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
November 08, 2021, 03:40:00 PM
Kamaru Usman has become a legend in Welterweight category and he is currently best pound-for-pound UFC fighter in the world!
I can't see anyone in that division who can beat him, so it is possible that we will try to fight in different weight category trying to hold title in two categories.
Rose Namajunas deserved this win but this was a war like I expected and I was not surprised with split decision.

Kamaru Usman could surely try a different weight class if he prefers a double Championship belt, he can surely try a shot for the Middleweight division and have a shot for Israel Adesanya if he would dare, but I think Kamaru Usman is more focused on his offense than his defense while Adesanya prefer to fight on a safer way but in my opinion, Israel Adesanya for me is a better striker

And in the welterweight division, I think if given an opportunity for me Khamzat Chimaev but I think a Colby Covington fight is more appropriate for now,

For Rose Namajunas, I think she became more cautious with the fight, The fact that Zhang Weili can anticipate her moves and faints is possible so a safer approach is a better approach.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
November 08, 2021, 11:08:15 AM
Kamaru Usman has become a legend in Welterweight category and he is currently best pound-for-pound UFC fighter in the world!
I can't see anyone in that division who can beat him, so it is possible that we will try to fight in different weight category trying to hold title in two categories.
Rose Namajunas deserved this win but this was a war like I expected and I was not surprised with split decision.
legendary
November 08, 2021, 10:31:24 AM
Have you seen Alex Pereira flying knee knockout? This guy has nice technics, but 100% he needs more experience in mix martial arts. He connected a knee, and moved away, like he is used in kickboxing, KO or TKO and the ref sends him to the corner Cheesy He connected, moved away, but then remembered that this is MMA and went to ground and pound Cheesy

Check this how donut Chris Barnett made a spinning wheel kick - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=927940007927040 hilarious guy Cheesy

It felt like Villante didn’t even train and took the dive to collect his money.  That was his last bout in the UFC as he’s retiring.

Anyway, I can’t figure out how Gaethje vs Chandler went to the decision.  Lol.  It’s pretty impressive how Chandler’s chin held up against those hard blows.  I guess the fight to make if McGregor returns should be vs Chandler...?
legendary
November 08, 2021, 07:25:23 AM
I say this next event in my opinion is not really that exciting and for me

After UFC 268, all the next events till UFC 269 are not as exciting as 267-268. And this is good. "We" need some rest from such cool events. Otherwise it will be hard to impress us Cheesy

Did you guys saw, how Nhannou passed by his former team and Gane on the way to his seat at UFC 268? Not even said hello. As he is not familiar with them. What is this, trying to be bad guy to raise more interest to their fight, bad manners, disagreements between them?

I surely need the rest but I am just really excited for the next amazing fights that surely await us, especially the Ciryl Gane VS Francis Ngannou fight, that is the fight that I am really anticipating watching,

Well, about that I have seen the video, and Francis Ngannou doesn't really give a damn about Ciryl Gane even though they are previous sparing partners, there should be a slight gesture but no Francis Ngannou totally ignores Gane, and I really like the look on Ciryl Gane's face and the professionalism on Ngannou's action, Ciryl Gane is just chill, but you can really never take it down to Francis Ngannou because he is the champion here and he has a lot of pride,

Indeed. I bet on Weili Zhang because I thought she was much stronger, with more experience and almost 2 times more wins in the past than Rose Namajunas, and in the beginning it looked like Zhang was going to win the fight, she was very aggressive and pretty successful with some kicks. But Rose has endured, and finally won the fight.

My Verdict on the fight is Rose Namajunas simply is a thug and more skilled than Zhang Weili, no doubt about it, as I said in their previous fight she is more agile and flexible because of her past taekwondo training her kicks despite not so many it is really lethal and accurate, and on their 2nd clash overall, Zhang Weili is more cautious now because of what happened in their 1st fight, but Rose Namajunas still have the edge and advantage over her.

and here's my preditcions:

14) Kamaru Usman  V
13) Weili Zhang -
12)  Justin Gaethje V
11)  Billy Quarantillo -
10)  Frankie Edgar -
9)  Andreas Michailidis -
8 )  Bobby Green V
7)  Chris Curtis V
6)  Nassourdine Imavov V
5)  Ian Garry V
4)  Gian Villante -
3)  Dustin Jacoby V
2)  Melsik Baghdasaryan V
1)  Carlos Vergara -

I got 8 of them right.

In my opinion, 8 victory is a great thing, and not all bets could surely get in what you want, I think it turns out profitable for you in this event.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
November 08, 2021, 05:53:53 AM
The Last fight UFC 268 was a rollercoaster fun to watch, ~

Indeed. I bet on Weili Zhang because I thought she was much stronger, with more experience and almost 2 times more wins in the past than Rose Namajunas, and in the beginning it looked like Zhang was going to win the fight, she was very aggressive and pretty successful with some kicks. But Rose has endured, and finally won the fight.

Yet, overall my predictions for the UFC 268 Multi Master Challenge weren't that bad this time.

Here's the results:

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_268

and here's my preditcions:

14) Kamaru Usman  V
13) Weili Zhang -
12)  Justin Gaethje V
11)  Billy Quarantillo -
10)  Frankie Edgar -
9)  Andreas Michailidis -
8 )  Bobby Green V
7)  Chris Curtis V
6)  Nassourdine Imavov V
5)  Ian Garry V
4)  Gian Villante -
3)  Dustin Jacoby V
2)  Melsik Baghdasaryan V
1)  Carlos Vergara -

I got 8 of them right.
legendary
November 08, 2021, 05:53:30 AM
I say this next event in my opinion is not really that exciting and for me

After UFC 268, all the next events till UFC 269 are not as exciting as 267-268. And this is good. "We" need some rest from such cool events. Otherwise it will be hard to impress us Cheesy

Did you guys saw, how Nhannou passed by his former team and Gane on the way to his seat at UFC 268? Not even said hello. As he is not familiar with them. What is this, trying to be bad guy to raise more interest to their fight, bad manners, disagreements between them?
legendary
November 08, 2021, 02:59:50 AM
The Last fight UFC 268 was a rollercoaster fun to watch, and I am really thrilled to watch more of that great even, and all we got to do is move on to a new event, I say this next event in my opinion is not really that exciting and for me, the Holloway vs Rodriguez fight is the one that I am anticipating to watch,

UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez
Date: November 13, 2021
Place: UFC Apex Las Vegas Metropolitan Area, United States

Main Card

Featherweight   Max Holloway   vs.   Yair Rodríguez            
Heavyweight   Ben Rothwell   vs.   Marcos Rogério de Lima            
Women's Featherweight   Felicia Spencer   vs.   Leah Letson            
Bantamweight   Song Yadong   vs.   Julio Arce

Preliminary Card

Lightweight   Thiago Moisés   vs.   Joel Álvarez            
Women's Flyweight   Cynthia Calvillo   vs.   Andrea Lee            
Welterweight   Miguel Baeza   vs.   Khaos Williams            
Featherweight   Sean Woodson   vs.   Collin Anglin            
Women's Flyweight   Cortney Casey   vs.   Liana Jojua            
Lightweight   Marc Diakiese   vs.   Rafael Alves            
Light Heavyweight   Kennedy Nzechukwu   vs.   Da Un Jung

All information was from Wikipedia.
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
November 07, 2021, 09:13:33 PM
What a great card for UFC 268 . Enjoy it very much even did not bet on any match . if not would get a good return from the multi bet (Trevor Wittman student) win all of these match.

But what i found out that there is 1 judge is drunks . for Rose vs Weili should have been split decision (imo) extremely close fight , but given the score 49-46 damn.

Usman and Covington did not disappoint me , usman is a better fighter overall , if usman didnt did enough damage to covington in r2 , we might see a different outcome.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 07, 2021, 07:03:49 PM
Quote from: 7788bitcoin
I was expecting much more activity from Colby Covington but he was careful with the way he approached the fight and it is because of the heavy hands of Kamaru Usman and he is entering the legends status with his reign in the division. I hope Khamzat Chimaev will be a good challenger for Kamaru Usman.

Both of them had a smarter approach to this fight compared to the first. It actually made for a better fight, and both showed how well they can adapt from fight to fight. Usman being the puncher that he is, still hadn't been able to take off Colby's head, and most of it was due to him not willing to expose himself to much just to get that flashy KO. Smart move.

for spectators though its about backing up what they are saying. the pre-conference sounds tougher but usman proves his words again.

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
November 07, 2021, 06:17:11 PM
Quote from: 7788bitcoin
I was expecting much more activity from Colby Covington but he was careful with the way he approached the fight and it is because of the heavy hands of Kamaru Usman and he is entering the legends status with his reign in the division. I hope Khamzat Chimaev will be a good challenger for Kamaru Usman.

Both of them had a smarter approach to this fight compared to the first. It actually made for a better fight, and both showed how well they can adapt from fight to fight. Usman being the puncher that he is, still hadn't been able to take off Colby's head, and most of it was due to him not willing to expose himself to much just to get that flashy KO. Smart move.
legendary
Merit: 1023
November 07, 2021, 05:30:05 PM
There was an opening with the Chandler and Gaethje match. What was Gaethjen's uppercut in the 2nd round, Chandler did a one-shot on the leg despite the knockdown and just tried to hold on. Although Chandler proved his stamina in this match, Gaethje was the winner, it was a match I enjoyed.
Justin Gaethje and Michael Chandler lived up to the reputation like everyone expected and these are the fights we want to see as main events for 5 rounds rather than 3 rounds and all the fights in the main card were great.

Rose was my favorite, this girl may be my favorite athlete in UFC. Zhang analyzed she's opponent well, we could see this easily in the match, she tried to disrupt Rose's footwork with low kicks. Rose finished off Zhang with a take down in the last round. She became the winner by the referee's decision and retained the belt.
Rose Namajunas and Weili Zhang was another great fight and Rose Namajunas is the best in the division and there is no challenger that could topple her unless there is someone that is great on the ground.

Covington held up well despite a 2nd round knockdown. Even though he made a comeback towards the middle of the 3rd round, from Usman could not take the belt. I saw that Covington shook Usman with his shot during the match, these two are a good match.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1232
November 07, 2021, 12:34:40 PM
UFC was awesome last night. We watched good matches on the UFC 268 main card.

There was an opening with the Chandler and Gaethje match. What was Gaethjen's uppercut in the 2nd round, Chandler did a one-shot on the leg despite the knockdown and just tried to hold on. Although Chandler proved his stamina in this match, Gaethje was the winner, it was a match I enjoyed.

Rose was my favorite, this girl may be my favorite athlete in UFC. Zhang analyzed she's opponent well, we could see this easily in the match, she tried to disrupt Rose's footwork with low kicks. Rose finished off Zhang with a take down in the last round. She became the winner by the referee's decision and retained the belt.

Covington held up well despite a 2nd round knockdown. Even though he made a comeback towards the middle of the 3rd round, from Usman could not take the belt. I saw that Covington shook Usman with his shot during the match, these two are a good match.
Jump to: