Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 351. (Read 85485 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
October 31, 2021, 02:31:57 PM
I don't think that Glover Teixeira will stay champion for a long time, he was much better than Blachowicz but both of them are not that young anymore (42 and 38).
Younger fighters are nocking on doors like Jiri Prochazka, Aleksandar Rakic or Magomed Ankalaev and it's only question of time when we are going to see new light heavyweight champion.
We can see now how Jon Jones was so dominating, and I think that Magomed Ankalaev will be serious challenger soon.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 31, 2021, 01:28:05 PM
Well, I didn't manage to get any predictions up since I didn't realise how early this fight night started. I basically, went from watching football, to the Welsh rugby straight to the main card as I missed basically all the prelims. Ah well, I don't know about the prelims, but the main card was decent. I'm particularly impressed by Glover, and I'm glad after 20 years he finally gets that belt. Felt like a fairy tale ending, well I say ending it seems he's going to continue fighting.

I'm gutted for Cory I thought he was doing brilliantly, and he didn't fight a bad fight at all. Petr Yan was just getting the more significant strikes. What I didn't like about Cory's game plan is after the 4th round where it could have arguably been 2-2, his corner said to keep touching him, and don't load up, but honestly at that point of the fight I felt if Cory could have sat down on his punches more potentially the judges may have changed their mind with the close round 2.

I don't know I think he'll be kicking himself over that loss, because I think Yan despite how good he was on the night, was there for the taking.

A huge upset for Jan Blachowicz and the 2nd oldest fighter winning a belt, I really thought that Jan Blachowicz will win this every punch and kicks was really hitting Glover Teixeira, and what I see from this fight when Glover Teixeira is inside or in close range Glover is dangerous, but when Jan Blachowicz has his distance, Teixeira is slow at moving his head, from Blachowicz punches, right now I think that Jan Blachowicz takedown defense really improves unfortunately that attempt of Glover with the Kimora lock, was really the setup, Blachowicz really defended that at first but suddenly he panicked and giving away his backside and his neck for Glover to tap on the rear naked choke, it was really a crazy fight.

Those are the guys that are influenced by the grappling skills of Khabib that when a fighter is already grabbed, they can't just get escape without bruises, choked or limbs got twisted.  

Many of us must have lost to this Blachowicz fight. Doesn't look good when some heavyweight like Glover presses him down flat back. It's got to be the worse loss.

They call it a wrestling combo when they execute a takedown they are already anticipating or realizing in their minds what is next prior to that move, and situation, I guess this is really lethal wrestling to learn, that is why Dagestan Wrestling, in my opinion, is pretty much effective,

Blachowicz is really winning at first but he panicked when on the ground and gave his back to Glover, but I think he is doing great with his takedown defense, but it is really not enough I had a 3 out of 4 wins so I am OK with it, you can never really get it all.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
October 31, 2021, 12:24:13 PM
Those are the guys that are influenced by the grappling skills of Khabib that when a fighter is already grabbed, they can't just get escape without bruises, choked or limbs got twisted.  
Elite fighters from Chechnya and Dagestan have a strong wrestling base and that is how they fight and Khamzat Chimaev is really fast in his transition and really aggressive and have legit one punch knockout power unlike Khabib Nurmagomedov or Islam Makhachev which makes him more dangerous.

Many of us must have lost to this Blachowicz fight. Doesn't look good when some heavyweight like Glover presses him down flat back. It's got to be the worse loss.
I picked Glover Teixeira to win the fight and the odds were above 3 because it was his last chance to grab the belt and i knew he will be well prepared and he showcased his ground skills and he is not a Heavy Weight, he fought his entire career at Light Heavyweight but his ground skills were far superior than Jan Błachowicz could handle.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
October 31, 2021, 08:47:55 AM
Li Jingliang vs Khamzat Chimaev

The Return of Khamzat Chimaev the fight was really amazing, in just a snap, he secures a takedown by faking his strike, then the savage part here is he then carries Li Jingliang to talk to Dana White to get a closer look at what is about to happen, then striking and get a betting Submission on Li Jingliang, that was really great performance and with just a snap he did secure a Technical Submission to Li Jingliang, the hype is real, and will continue to look on any performance Khamzat Chimaev will take.

Islam Makhachev vs Dan Hooker

Just like Khamzat Chimaev, they have finished the fight on the 1st round, and here in this fight we can see the real difference of the usual wrestling to the Dagestan Wrestling even though Dan Hooker has leaned to the cage and this is a wrong move to go with a wrestler that has the same style as Khabib Nurmagomenodov, it is now too easy for Makhachev to apply his Dagestan Wrestling, and I think Khabib is telling him something because Khabib Nurmagomenodov is pretty close to them, and Islam Makhachev executed the Kimura lock then Dan Hooker can not do a thing, this performance was really awesome and I can not wait to see more of this Dagestan Wresting in another fight.

These two fights really are something and my bet was really a good one, with Petr Yan but no thanks to Jan Blachowicz.

Merit: 535
October 31, 2021, 08:45:35 AM
Paddy Pimblett is no comparison to Chimaev Cheesy The kid is new bright star probably, but Chimaev has more charisma. I dont get why Paddy gets so much attention? He has only one UFC fight, and before that, he is not in winning streak. To me, he is just a regular fighter who has a good record made in a cage warrior. But I dont know how he will perform in other top promotions.
Paddy Pimblett is a character and talks a lot and so is the reason we are talking about him and so does Khamzat Chimaev but he is backing up and his skills are evident and he might fast track to a title if he is active next year.

From the Internet: "More than Cory Sandhagens mom and his team, cheering for his victory was Aljamain Sterling, because if Petr wins, he would have to take another beating." Cheesy
Aljamain Sterling has nowhere to hide now, he will be facing Petr Yan next and i am rooting for Petr Yan to win.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 31, 2021, 08:05:17 AM
Well, I didn't manage to get any predictions up since I didn't realise how early this fight night started. I basically, went from watching football, to the Welsh rugby straight to the main card as I missed basically all the prelims. Ah well, I don't know about the prelims, but the main card was decent. I'm particularly impressed by Glover, and I'm glad after 20 years he finally gets that belt. Felt like a fairy tale ending, well I say ending it seems he's going to continue fighting.

I'm gutted for Cory I thought he was doing brilliantly, and he didn't fight a bad fight at all. Petr Yan was just getting the more significant strikes. What I didn't like about Cory's game plan is after the 4th round where it could have arguably been 2-2, his corner said to keep touching him, and don't load up, but honestly at that point of the fight I felt if Cory could have sat down on his punches more potentially the judges may have changed their mind with the close round 2.

I don't know I think he'll be kicking himself over that loss, because I think Yan despite how good he was on the night, was there for the taking.
legendary
October 31, 2021, 08:02:28 AM
Li Jingliang vs Khamzat Chimaev

The Return of Khamzat Chimaev the fight was really amazing, in just a snap, he secures a takedown by faking his strike, then the savage part here is he then carries Li Jingliang to talk to Dana White to get a closer look at what is about to happen, then striking and get a betting Submission on Li Jingliang, that was really great performance and with just a snap he did secure a Technical Submission to Li Jingliang, the hype is real, and will continue to look on any performance Khamzat Chimaev will take.

Islam Makhachev vs Dan Hooker

Just like Khamzat Chimaev, they have finished the fight on the 1st round, and here in this fight we can see the real difference of the usual wrestling to the Dagestan Wrestling even though Dan Hooker has leaned to the cage and this is a wrong move to go with a wrestler that has the same style as Khabib Nurmagomenodov, it is now too easy for Makhachev to apply his Dagestan Wrestling, and I think Khabib is telling him something because Khabib Nurmagomenodov is pretty close to them, and Islam Makhachev executed the Kimura lock then Dan Hooker can not do a thing, this performance was really awesome and I can not wait to see more of this Dagestan Wresting in another fight.

These two fights really are something and my bet was really a good one, with Petr Yan but no thanks to Jan Blachowicz.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
October 31, 2021, 05:06:13 AM
Paddy Pimblett is no comparison to Chimaev Cheesy The kid is new bright star probably, but Chimaev has more charisma. I dont get why Paddy gets so much attention? He has only one UFC fight, and before that, he is not in winning streak. To me, he is just a regular fighter who has a good record made in a cage warrior. But I dont know how he will perform in other top promotions.

From the Internet: "More than Cory Sandhagens mom and his team, cheering for his victory was Aljamain Sterling, because if Petr wins, he would have to take another beating." Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
October 31, 2021, 04:40:16 AM
Glover Teixeira heart of a champion hehehe. He was very much underestimated because everyone speculated that the Polish power knockout would be a certainty. He cannot use it if he is lying down on the ground hehe.

In any case, uncle Dana might have a new pet to replace Conor. It is not Paddy the baddy. It is Borz Khamzat Chimaev! Everyone in welterweight division appears now to be quiet hehehehe.

Chimaev Sends Message To Nate Diaz & Wants Masvidal’s BMF Title

Much like he did with his first three UFC victims, rising UFC star Khamzat Chimaev easily disposed of Li Jingliang at UFC 267. “Borz” has made no secret that he is always down to “kill” anyone and everyone, but there were two specific names he had on his tongue after his latest feast.

“Hey, Diaz, let’s go, brother. Let’s go. You gonna get some smoke, bro?” Chimaev said during a UFC 267 post-fight media scrum.

It was in this same time frame that he also called out Jorge Masvidal. He would then do so again on Saturday immediately after the Nick Diaz callout.

“Let’s see who is the real gangster. Masvidal….he has some belt, I don’t know, motherfucker belt, something. I’m gonna take everything from this UFC, brother. Now, I am UFC, brother.

Source https://www.mmanews.com/2021/10/chimaev-message-diaz-masvidal/
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 31, 2021, 04:23:32 AM
Here are the full results of the event

Long story short, Jan shit the bed, Yan is, as expected, a god damn machine (the Rodtang of MMA), Makachev and Chimaev are killers and I will be watching everything they do from now on. And as for Glover...good for him, the guy has been longer in MMA than the whole card combined XD. congrats champ.
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
October 31, 2021, 04:20:00 AM
Glover Teixeira dominated in main event with his great tactics, takedowns from start and Blachowicz was just a shadow of a fighter we saw in previous fights.
Good night for many fighters from Russia and Khabib team seems to be undestructible.
Glover Teixeira finally won the title and anyone who followed his career know how he struggled to get to the UFC during his prime age because of visa issues and he debuted when he was 34 years of age and finally at 42 he is able to rejuvenate his career and win the belt, it is a rocky story and i am really glad to see him win the belt.

All the favorites won the fights and only the main event the underdog won.
legendary
October 30, 2021, 05:39:04 PM
Just finished watching... what can I say, impressive performance from Petr Yan who should be the real champion of Bantamweight division, not actor Aljamain Sterling.
Glover Teixeira dominated in main event with his great tactics, takedowns from start and Blachowicz was just a shadow of a fighter we saw in previous fights.
Good night for many fighters from Russia and Khabib team seems to be undestructible.
legendary
October 30, 2021, 05:05:22 PM
Khamzat Chimaev will be a champion in a couple of fights if he continues his domination like this

Do you think he could win Usman? I am not doubting your post, but Usman a strong guy. Chimaev is not even in top right now. I think after this fight he will be in top10 and face Leon Eswards, then or before Edwars someone else, and after Usman or Covington.

The one, who has fought this evening, that is going to be champ - Islam Makhachev. Quite an easy fight for him tonight.

Fantastic. Jan tapped too quickly. I think that he did not recovered from that standing knockdown, because Glover moved him to ground too easy and quickly.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 30, 2021, 03:52:25 PM
~
Next fight is Khamzat Chimaev and i am expecting an easy win for him Smiley .

Edit: Khamzat Chimaev finished the fight as it started. Li Jingliang slept.
Khamzat Chimaev will be a champion in a couple of fights if he continues his domination like this, in this fight his opponent did not even land a strike and in his last 4 fights total strikes he received is 2 which is really crazy and to have a finishing record in all of his fights and not getting hit is a talent in itself. I thought Li Jingliang will be a good opponent but he defeated him without any struggle, he needs to fight Leon Edwards and then for the title.

He did good on this one, stacking up wins like that. But I am not surprised knowing he is coming from the famous Allstar gym in Sweden, and they had their fair share of quality fighters. He just needs to pace himself with how he jumps in the rankings. But a bright future in front of him.
legendary
Merit: 1023
October 30, 2021, 03:13:52 PM
~

Khamzat Chimaev will be a champion in a couple of fights if he continues his domination like this, in this fight his opponent did not even land a strike and in his last 4 fights total strikes he received is 2 which is really crazy and to have a finishing record in all of his fights and not getting hit is a talent in itself. I thought Li Jingliang will be a good opponent but he defeated him without any struggle, he needs to fight Leon Edwards and then for the title.
legendary
October 30, 2021, 02:45:15 PM
^  ^  The comments in that video are hilariously LOL.  Cheesy 

And same, I got Blachowicz too.  Teixeira needs to get into boxing range for him to dominate Blachowicz but then he’d have Blachowicz‘s leg and hard body kicks to worry about.  And by the time he’s in, Blachowicz is ready.  It’s gonna be Blachowicz via left hook.  Grin

They are talking about the guy next to her is rubbing the tip of his, (will not going to say it)  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy but a gorgeous Amanda Ribas, and after posting this, Amanda Ribas won via decision, I will watch the replay later, just doing some extra work, well I think I will post who's won

Preliminary Card

Amanda Ribas
Zubaira Tukhugov
Albert Duraev
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Michal Oleksiejczuk
Lerone Murphy
Andre Petroski
Tagir Ulanbekov

Main Card
Magomed Ankalaev

Right now the next fight will be between Li Jingliang VS Khamzat Chimaev and I am betting for Chimaev.
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
October 30, 2021, 02:40:10 PM
My bets for UFC 267 are Glover Teixeira and the most beautiful, the sexiest fighting kitten Amanda Ribas! Why did no one mention her before? No one knows her? Let me introduce you hehehehe.
The main event started and Amanda Ribas won her fight and i am also rooting for Glover Teixeira to win the fight as this is the last opportunity for him to win the title and i remember him when he was fighting outside the UFC and was knocking out everyone and during his prime he was having visa issues to get to the US and when the faced Jon Jones he was not able to do anything as he overcame him easily.

legendary
October 30, 2021, 12:45:31 PM
What fighter would look if they take Paulo Costa diet:

I got some beer and several donner-kebabs. I am on Costa diet and watching prelims. I think I am gonna run out of food when Main card starts.
Lerone Murphy landed a nice knee. He was loosing the fight, but boom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij1k0mV7rLM
legendary
October 30, 2021, 12:19:51 PM
Guys I forgot that this UFC is starting early in Abu Dhabi and I only missed 4 fights from prelims, tuning in now for Benoit Saint-Denis vs Elizeu Zaleski.
This card is stacked with great fights so I am ready for some KOs maybe even in main event, or in fight Alexander Volkov vs Marcin Tybura.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 30, 2021, 10:35:13 AM
^  ^  The comments in that video are hilariously LOL.  Cheesy 

And same, I got Blachowicz too.  Teixeira needs to get into boxing range for him to dominate Blachowicz but then he’d have Blachowicz‘s leg and hard body kicks to worry about.  And by the time he’s in, Blachowicz is ready.  It’s gonna be Blachowicz via left hook.  Grin
Jump to: