Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 349. (Read 85485 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
November 05, 2021, 04:33:01 AM
UFC 268 Picks

Kamaru Usman vs Colby Covington 2

A rematch that I think Colby Covington deserves, but aside from that I really think Colby will be having a hard time with Usman, and back in their previous fight I think that Colby Covington won the 1st 2 rounds, but I could say both fighters can go beyond the distance, there will be no problem when it comes to their Cardio but the notable thing I have seen with Kamaru Usman is he never put much effort with his defense but gives more in his offense, or he surely focuses on his offense, and not the defense department, I think this is a window opportunity for Colby Covington, from their last fight that 2 rounds win for Covington was prominent that he can win against Usman, but apparently enter the 3rd round and the tables have been turned, because Kamaru Usman has Changed his offense instead of a straight right in the face, he shifted to body shot's that eventually slowed down and pressured Covington, I really think that Covington is a technical fighter, but Usman is one tough bastard to crack, with a power punch that can hit like a truck,

Kamaru Usman opens up to 1.33 odds and Colby Covington has 3.55 for the odds at stake.com, I think Kamaru Usman is all the way will win this and history can repeat itself.

Rose Namajunas vs Zhang Weili

I have gathered some information from their last fight and I will be judging from that fight, I think that Rose Namajunas was really awesome on what she did to Zhang Weili, and many have expected that Weili will be the dominant fighter over Namajunas, but I think Rose Namajunas has excellent speed his moving side to side that Weili doesn't really read, and base from that fight Rose is a flexible fighter Weili thinks that Namajunas will throw a body kick but eventually Namajunas had shifted very quickly into a high kick, I think Namajunas is at her advantage because of her background on the Taekwondo department she is very flexible in changing those kicks, and Weili is not used with an opponent with that kind of speed and flexibility, because she is used in Muay Thai kind of style of a fighter, I say to you Namajunas is a badass of a fighter, and I think many were not seeing how great of a fighter she is because stake.com odds, Namajunas with 2.02 and Weili with 1.87 a very close odds, but my take will be Rose Namajunas.

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
November 05, 2021, 03:19:50 AM
^  Yeah but he’s mostly a striker when he transitioned to MMA at WSOF then the UFC.  This could be not really be a good comparison but Khabib got Gaethje to the ground eaasy.  Sure Chandler ain’t no Khabib but Chandler is a decent enough wrestler.  Could even be better than Gaethje.

Usman by TKO, I just can't see Colby bringing anything more than their last fight, and I would say that Usman has significantly improved since then. So, I think it'll be a relatively easy night for him. I'm actually fancying Weili Zhang in the rematch, I think losing how she did last time will be a big motivator going into this fight, and Rose might just take the foot off the pedal now she has achieved what she wanted. Marlon Vera all day long I'd say, so that probably means he'll lose. Also, I'm going with Justin Gaethje by tko.

I'm very excited for the Andreas Michailidis vs Alex Pereira fight, I think that's going to be an absolute banger of a fight. I'm not sure which way it's going to go either.

Yeeaah I’m back and forth with Usman and Covington.  I feel like the line should be closer but it could also be a decent spot for a live bet after R1 on Usman...  And get a better price.  R1 is going to be Covington.

Yeah, I wouldn't put the Khabib takedown comparison with anyone. His takedown skills were second to none, even though he had much better cage wrestling than when the fight was mid octagon. But with Gaethje even being a really good wrestler himself, I was never amazed by that skillset when it came to his fights. And I kinda think Chadler will take advantage of it.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
November 05, 2021, 02:57:24 AM
@notblox1. Agreed. It appears everyone is still underestimating Thug Rose hehehe. She is the champion and she again is the underdog? How many fights must she prove that she is the best?

Another underestimated fighter is clearly Frankie Edgar. Everyone will need another reminder similar to Glover Teixeira hehehehehe.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
November 04, 2021, 05:54:09 PM
UFC is finally back in NYC Madison Square Garden!
Just checking the odds and I like the odds on Namajunas to win, as bookies set Zhang Weili as slight favorire this time.
Michael Chandler is also underdog and I am taking him to him at those juicy odds, and Usman should be sure win but odds are very low.
UFC 268 press conference just finished with Usman, Covington, Namajunas, Zhang, Gaethje, Chandler and Dana White speaking, but you can watch it again on yotube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I7ouCZQuO0

Make your predictions for UFC 268 Multi Master Challenge and get some FREE bets from Sportsbet:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-268-multi-master-challenge-11621-5369087
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
November 04, 2021, 03:59:40 PM
~
The thing is with Colby; if he doesn't knock out Usman with one hit or at least stun him enough for some ground, and pound then he isn't likely to out point Usman or submit him. I don't think Colby has the knockout power required to beat Usman, and Usman if he does get in trouble will go to wrestling Colby which I don't think Colby has a answer for.
I think you are underestimating the wrestling caliber of Colby Covington who was a NCAA Division I wrestler while Kamaru Usman is a NCAA Division II wrestler in college and there is a reason both did not test their wrestling skills in the first fight as both will sprawl and gas out. Colby Covington do not have knockout power but he has the stamina and is a volume puncher.

This fight will either go the way of the first fight or Usman will use more of his wrestling skills, and grind it out for a relatively non action fight. I'm split between going for a Usman KO/TKO, because of the potential of Usman just playing it a little more safe. I'm not sure yet, but I'm leaning more towards the KO. I can't see Colby winning this fight in any shape or form.
Knowing both their fighting style Kamaru Usman might win like you said but Colby Covington did not fight anyone else and he was preparing for one fight and that is Kamaru Usman and i feel like he might have a solution to win the belt because a loss here and Colby Covington might not fight for the title again, so he knows what is in stores and so is the reason he took a long lay off preparing for him with dedicated coaches he assembled as he is not part of any gym and he was not even active in social media like he used to in the past.  

Kamaru Usman is coming from Trevor Wittman camp where his three fighters are fighting in this card including Rose Namajunas, Justin Gaethje and Kamaru Usman.

legendary
November 04, 2021, 01:55:03 PM
Usman by TKO, I just can't see Colby bringing anything more than their last fight, and I would say that Usman has significantly improved since then. So, I think it'll be a relatively easy night for him. I'm actually fancying Weili Zhang in the rematch, I think losing how she did last time will be a big motivator going into this fight, and Rose might just take the foot off the pedal now she has achieved what she wanted. Marlon Vera all day long I'd say, so that probably means he'll lose. Also, I'm going with Justin Gaethje by tko.

I'm very excited for the Andreas Michailidis vs Alex Pereira fight, I think that's going to be an absolute banger of a fight. I'm not sure which way it's going to go either.

Kamaru Usman, for me aswell, but for me, Covington wouldn't become the challenger for Usman if he can not hold his own, that means he might give a hard time for Usman, but again Usman can sure win this,

I also feel that Zhang Weili has been moved by that TKO over Rose Namajunas, and could have expected a brutal comeback, and just like I have said she might be motivated by that loss, and have a comeback prepared, but for me I still want Rose Namajunas to win,

And for Marlon Vera, I might think twice but I want him to win this, but will still research and look for some opening for him if he can really do it.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4370
🤑 Free Bets have been credited 🤑
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
November 04, 2021, 01:48:22 PM
Colby will bring his A game and will rock Usman in the first, if he can't get the finish then it will be over sooner than the first fight• Usmans jab as well as his wrestling will keep Colby attentive•
Welli will have adjusted her game and strategies and believe knows how to get the finish. I do like rose but am unsure how she will have upped her game although she does have an excellent camp, will be interesting fight.
Fight of the night gathje v Chandler can't see this lasting very long. Both will come to destroy their opponent with every kick and punch thrown, both great wrestlers so I predict some basic grappling with some uppercuts on the breaks but will mostly stand and bang• gaethje for the win in the 3rd----lets go 60gs danaaa
The thing is with Colby; if he doesn't knock out Usman with one hit or at least stun him enough for some ground, and pound then he isn't likely to out point Usman or submit him. I don't think Colby has the knockout power required to beat Usman, and Usman if he does get in trouble will go to wrestling Colby which I don't think Colby has a answer for.

This fight will either go the way of the first fight or Usman will use more of his wrestling skills, and grind it out for a relatively non action fight. I'm split between going for a Usman KO/TKO, because of the potential of Usman just playing it a little more safe. I'm not sure yet, but I'm leaning more towards the KO. I can't see Colby winning this fight in any shape or form.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
November 04, 2021, 12:34:17 PM
Colby will bring his A game and will rock Usman in the first, if he can't get the finish then it will be over sooner than the first fight• Usmans jab as well as his wrestling will keep Colby attentive•
Welli will have adjusted her game and strategies and believe knows how to get the finish. I do like rose but am unsure how she will have upped her game although she does have an excellent camp, will be interesting fight.
Fight of the night gathje v Chandler can't see this lasting very long. Both will come to destroy their opponent with every kick and punch thrown, both great wrestlers so I predict some basic grappling with some uppercuts on the breaks but will mostly stand and bang• gaethje for the win in the 3rd----lets go 60gs danaaa
staff
November 04, 2021, 11:24:16 AM
Going to review some tapes on the other fighters in the card, but I must say even outside the bigger names this card is absolutely brilliant.

Cant wait to see this guy also. I know that you are Stylebenders and perhaps remember Pereira as a guy who won him 2 times (the only guy who KOed Stylebender). I bet you are excited to see if they would meet in the octagon.
It'll be nice to see if Alex can cope with MMA, and not just kickboxing. Plus, Andreas is an absolute machine to go against on his debut. I'm expecting a KO by someone, and while I quite like Andreas maybe for the sake of a story, and a little bit of hype Alex Pereira Winning would likely be the better option for the division to create some intrigue, and whether he can beat Izzy once again.

I'm looking forward to it regardless.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 04, 2021, 10:07:02 AM
^  Yeah but he’s mostly a striker when he transitioned to MMA at WSOF then the UFC.  This could be not really be a good comparison but Khabib got Gaethje to the ground eaasy.  Sure Chandler ain’t no Khabib but Chandler is a decent enough wrestler.  Could even be better than Gaethje.

Yeeaah I’m back and forth with Usman and Covington.  I feel like the line should be closer but it could also be a decent spot for a live bet after R1 on Usman...  And get a better price.  R1 is going to be Covington.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
November 04, 2021, 08:44:42 AM
Chandler has no chin tho.  Lol.  One hit by Gaethje on Chandler’s head and it’s good might sweet prince.  Cheesy  But I feel like if Chandler can get it on the ground he could finish Gaethje via sub.  

Gaethje has a wrestling base to. I dont think he would be submitted by Chandler. I think the whole fight will be in stance and strongest head wins Cheesy

Does anybody feel like Covington could make the match close?  He was ahead 3 to 2 at the first bout before Usman broke him in the fifth.  He could’ve won if he held on.  What do you guys think?

At first I thought that I am going for Covington. That he should prove what he speak or trash talk. I remembered how boring Usman was in his early. But then I've remembered that he is training boxing with Trevor Wittman, reviewed several Usman fights and realized how he advanced in boxing. One of best jab timing. Right now I am giving few chances for Covington Cheesy

Cant wait to see this guy also. I know that you are Stylebenders and perhaps remember Pereira as a guy who won him 2 times (the only guy who KOed Stylebender). I bet you are excited to see if they would meet in the octagon.
November 04, 2021, 08:24:09 AM
That's all fair, but at the end of the day, he lost to Usman already. Also, he had one fight since they last met, and Usman has been sharpening the blade on 3 occasions since then. Granted, none of his opponents are Colby, but T-Wood isn't Usman either, so there's that. At the end of the day, everything Colby does, Usman seems to do better, but as always, nothing is for sure.

Good points. But why you have chosen Chandler over Gaethje? I see Justin stronger than Michael. On the paper Gaethje looks better, he has a better record or at least shows more stable winning streaks. Chandler - he is from Bellator, and I find their fighters weaker than UFC. Chandler often losses important fight. He has gained and lost Bellator champ belts many times. Gaethje show stability more. They both are wrestler, so I dont think wrestling will be main game plan. In striking Gaethje looks better, specially his lowkicks.

You are completely right on that one, I just kinda lost faith in Gathje. I mean, I could be completely wrong, but it seems to me Justin is kinda on his way out (by his own wishes and by his own fighting style) but this one is a bit harder to predict IMHO than the MMA math would suggest. I could be really off on this one.

Chandler has no chin tho.  Lol.  One hit by Gaethje on Chandler’s head and it’s good might sweet prince.  Cheesy  But I feel like if Chandler can get it on the ground he could finish Gaethje via sub.  

Does anybody feel like Covington could make the match close?  He was ahead 3 to 2 at the first bout before Usman broke him in the fifth.  He could’ve won if he held on.  What do you guys think?

Ah, yeah, you ain't wrong about Chandler's chin, but he's a workhorse when it comes to takedowns so I am kinda banking on that Smiley

Even tho I am picking Usman to win, I still think Covington will bring it close to Usman and it's gonna be a grindy night for Usman if he wants to win. Colby will not make it easy to win. But I don't think Usman is expecting anything less than that.
staff
November 04, 2021, 07:55:34 AM

legendary
November 04, 2021, 04:29:38 AM
Kamaru Usman - I don't think anyone can stop him any time soon, but Covington can try to make fight more interesting.

I think the same, I guess Kamaru Usman deserves the title and may win against Covington, I can not see that the welterweight title would just go to a different fighter aside from Usman, but will still do some research and snipping around or Covington's training we will see.

Rose Namajunas - my favorite female fighter and I think she will win again, but rematch is going to be much harder.

I also like Rose Namajunas and regarding this rematch with Weili Zhang I think Weili will be prepared and this is going to be a hard fight for Namajunas, I think Weili will be more cautious with faints and fakes, well let's just see if Rose Namajunas will take a 2nd win against Weili,

Michael Chandler - it's time for his second UFC win, but Justin Gaethje is a beast, and this can go either way.

I like Justin Gaethje, I think he has more technicality with his striking, even though Chandler will sure give a good fight,

I will add up the Frankie Edgar VS Marlon Vera fight I will surely pick Marlon Vera here his fight with Sean O'Malley was what I like, in giving O'Malley a wobbly leg and taking him down with elbow and punches, a good one I really consider him in this division.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
November 03, 2021, 01:57:28 PM
~
This is a killer card. Right of the bat, I'm going with Usman, Weili, and, the hardest one to predict, I'd go with Chandler. As for the rest, I love Frankie and he is a God damn workhorse, but Vera is so good. Also, Raging Al will bring the chaos to Bobby. I am hoping Edmen get's back on track. Haven+t been this excited in a hot minute.
In this card i am picking Colby Covington to defeat Kamaru Usman because the first fight was a kickboxing contest and the way in which he was able to clip Kamaru Usman multiple times and they way Colby Covington fought against other opponents out striking them by a huge margin and the first fight was really close and i feel Colby Covington will find a way to win.

Weili Zhang is prone to strikes and Rose Namajunas is a precise striker and she defeated Weili Zhang in her last fight and i am expecting the same result

Justin Gaethje and Michael Chandler will be the fight of the night and Michael Chandler is prone to leg kicks in the past and Justin Gaethje has heavy leg kick in close range and that is how i am hoping he will win in the later rounds.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
November 03, 2021, 12:52:22 PM
Oh man what to say about this fantastic fight card, it has many of my favorite UFC fighters and you can imagine how great main card is Al Iaquinta is fighting in prelims with Bobby Green.
My early predictions, but I might change them in next few days:

Kamaru Usman - I don't think anyone can stop him any time soon, but Covington can try to make fight more interesting.
Rose Namajunas - my favorite female fighter and I think she will win again, but rematch is going to be much harder.
Michael Chandler - it's time for his second UFC win, but Justin Gaethje is a beast, and this can go either way.

I love watching pre-fight interviews before making my betting decision, so I just tuned watching to LIVE media day from New York City for UFC 268, but you can watch them later if you want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggZOr42Luk0
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 03, 2021, 11:00:18 AM
That's all fair, but at the end of the day, he lost to Usman already. Also, he had one fight since they last met, and Usman has been sharpening the blade on 3 occasions since then. Granted, none of his opponents are Colby, but T-Wood isn't Usman either, so there's that. At the end of the day, everything Colby does, Usman seems to do better, but as always, nothing is for sure.

Good points. But why you have chosen Chandler over Gaethje? I see Justin stronger than Michael. On the paper Gaethje looks better, he has a better record or at least shows more stable winning streaks. Chandler - he is from Bellator, and I find their fighters weaker than UFC. Chandler often losses important fight. He has gained and lost Bellator champ belts many times. Gaethje show stability more. They both are wrestler, so I dont think wrestling will be main game plan. In striking Gaethje looks better, specially his lowkicks.

You are completely right on that one, I just kinda lost faith in Gathje. I mean, I could be completely wrong, but it seems to me Justin is kinda on his way out (by his own wishes and by his own fighting style) but this one is a bit harder to predict IMHO than the MMA math would suggest. I could be really off on this one.

legendary
November 03, 2021, 10:08:01 AM
Prochazka Seems eligible, even though he only had two fights with his UFC career I think his MMA career can prove his worth.
Mark my words, Prochazka will decline soon and end up similar like Dominick Reyes, his carrier showed that he lost 3 times and that he is a reckless fighter.
You can't say that Rizin mma competition is serious anymore and that is the place where he built his carrier fighting some anonymous fighters.

Well, we had a different Decision and I have decided that I like how Jiri Prochazka fighting style, and I think that reckless movement, was part of his style and it can be unpredictable sometimes, well we will see if what may happen in the future, but maybe he is not ready to be up for a title match for now, but somehow I feel like he got the strength in doing it, maybe another fight before a title match, and maybe he can hone his movement we can never know.

All fighters have off days, just unfortunately for Jan, Glover was absolutely game on the night. I don't think he'll be too upset over the loss, he'll get his chance to win the belt back, and to be honest he's probably the favourite in that division.

I'd like to see Izzy move up the division again, but come in a little bit heavier. He got bullied with the weight, and I'm not sure he underestimated it or wasn't bothered, and just wanted to test his skills. He didn't seem too upset that he lost the undefeated record.

I'm a massive fan of Izzy, but the division has gotten a little bit stale, and only Whittaker really who's actually capable of beating him if they both turn up to fight. Obviously, Costa, Vettori, and the like have an outside chance, but I think Whittaker is the real contender.

Maybe Jan Blachowicz will not get upset over that loss to Glover Teixeira, I think he really admit that he is off that day, and his punches seem don't have power in it, he kind of admit that he really lost so I think he is OK,

looking at Israel Adesanya's build right now, he may not be ready to up a division yet, but maybe if he gets a little bulkier let say like Dominic Reyes kind of build, maybe he can pose a threat to the Light Heavyweight division,

And just like you, I am a fan of Izzy aswell, but most on the middleweight division pose no threat to him, he is just toying with them actually but maybe another shot for a Robert Whittaker match, or a rematch with Robert Whittaker, can be an appropriate thing Dana can do right now.
November 03, 2021, 10:02:22 AM

Jump to: