Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 352. (Read 84171 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
October 12, 2021, 11:02:11 PM
UFC decided to go for one more women's main event and I am not sure how good that is for selling tickets and both Ladd and Dumont are not big known names.
Andrei Arlovski is always interesting to watch but he is near his expiration date in UFC and I would give advantage to Carlos Felipe this time, bookies odds are even for both fighters and all card is very hard to predict.

Andrei Arlovski is a prominent fighter and full of experience. He doesn't just give an easy win even though he has the disadvantage due to his age but his experience and skills will win if Carlos Felipe's strategy won't work. Andrei's performance in ONE Fighting Championship is one of the best and as soon as he returns to the ring in the UFC cage, he dominates his opponent and was victorious by defeating his opponent via split decision.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
October 12, 2021, 04:07:08 PM
UFC decided to go for one more women's main event and I am not sure how good that is for selling tickets and both Ladd and Dumont are not big known names.
Andrei Arlovski is always interesting to watch but he is near his expiration date in UFC and I would give advantage to Carlos Felipe this time, bookies odds are even for both fighters and all card is very hard to predict.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 12, 2021, 03:54:49 PM
Venue: UFC Apex

Main card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Women's Featherweight: Aspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumont            
Heavyweight: Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe            
Lightweight: Jim Miller vs. Erick Gonzalez            
Women's Flyweight: Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva            
Middleweight: Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright

Preliminary card (ESPN2 / ESPN+)
Middleweight: Andrew Sanchez vs.Bruno Silva            
Welterweight: Danny Roberts vs. Ramazan Emeev            
Women's Flyweight: Sijara Eubanks vs. Luana Carolina            
Featherweight: Nate Landwehr vs. Ľudovít Klein            
Bantamweight: Danaa Batgerel vs. Brandon Davis            
Women's Strawweight: Istela Nunes vs. Ariane Carnelossi   
I'm liking this card, as long as there's no late pull outs due to Covid19 or otherwise,  I think it'll be a competitive night across the board. Particularly interested in the  Andrew Sanchez vs Bruno Silva, glad that'll be in the Apex. I've quite liked what I've seen from Sijara Eubanks previously, and think she'll do well here. I'd say a pretty good start to the night for the preliminaries.

Main card, has some good match ups too. The main event will of course be entertaining, and I'm sure some of the more casual fans will be complaining about there being another womans fight headlining, but I've never really understood that attitude. Recently, their fights have been some of the more exicint ones.

I am definitely gonna watch Arlovski vs Felipe fight. Arlovski is experienced, but old. Once he was UFC champion, now he looks old I must say. Belly starts to appear. Felipe is young, fat and dangerous. He has a good UFC record of 3-1 (11-1 overall). This will be young vs experienced.

I'm fancying a go the distance bet here. I'll check the odds later, but them being on the heavier side, and having a oldie against a young fighter, might give us some good odds.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1430
October 12, 2021, 12:21:57 PM
I am definitely gonna watch Arlovski vs Felipe fight. Arlovski is experienced, but old. Once he was UFC champion, now he looks old I must say. Belly starts to appear. Felipe is young, fat and dangerous. He has a good UFC record of 3-1 (11-1 overall). This will be young vs experienced.

Arlovski is very unstable in last fights. He fights agains not popular opponents, and all his fights are more like a lottery. I think this is going to be another 3 round beating for him. Look on his record. He is 5-6 in last 5 years.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 12, 2021, 11:48:39 AM
UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont

Date: OCTOBER 16 , 2021
Main Card: SUN, OCT 17 / 2:00 AM EEST
Prelims: SAT, OCT 16 / 11:00 PM EEST

Main card (ESPN / ESPN+)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Ladd_vs._Dumont

^  Seeing the whole card in one post, this event isn’t as bad as I first thought.  There’s a couple of interesting match ups in there and a couple of underdog leans at first glance...  Davis and Jordan Wright.

As for the match ups, Bargerel vs Davis and Sanchez vs Silva could be interesting.  So is Landwehr vs Klein..  That’s a classic grappler vs striker match up.  You guys will def like it.  Arlovski vs Felipe could be good too.

Early leans which could become bets are Davis, Silva, Wright and Felipe.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
October 12, 2021, 10:40:06 AM

Main card (ESPN / ESPN+)

The fight between Aspen Ladd will be the main event in the UFC Vegas 40 duel this weekend, the two fighters will fight in the women featherweight class, interestingly both fighters have almost the same records Aspen Ladd (9-1-0) and Norma Dumont (6 -1-0), looking at the records of both fighters, it seems that the fight will be fairly even in my opinion, but even though Ladd has a slight advantage as a fighter who has a long career in the UFC compared with Dumont who has just joined the UFC.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1046
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 12, 2021, 10:11:18 AM
It's not easy when you are MMA fighter because you need to control your anger and it's not always easy like in case with Jon Jones, and now with Chuck Liddell who got arrested and jailed on domestic violence charge.
If both of them are so tough guys why are they always attacking their wifes like this and not someone who is more their size?
https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/11/chuck-liddell-arrested-domestic-violence/

Agreed, and there are also other fighters who have gotten very angry and it presently appears that reality does not occur or apply to them anymore. Dominick Reyes said that he knocked out Jiri Prochazka in their fight hehehe.

Former UFC light heavyweight title challenger Dominick Reyes says he knocked Jiří Procházka out cold in their main event bout at UFC Vegas 25.

During an interview with Combat Sports on Fanatics View, Reyes suggested that the #2-ranked light heavyweight was completely unconscious following the kick. The 31-year-old said Procházka’s dead weight prevented him from taking advantage of the quick KO.

Source https://www.mmanews.com/2021/10/reyes-says-he-knocked-prochazka-out-fully-in-may-bout/

domestic violence always starts with argument and when a person can't win an argument it could become to physical. temper that couldnt be controlled, losing an argument is a no-no when theyre intoxicated.

even in a bar fight sometimes will just start with simple disagreement and then turn to street fight. too bad for jones a comeback may not come anymore.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 12, 2021, 09:59:05 AM

Main card (ESPN / ESPN+)

Damn, check that out, Jim Miller and Pitbull Arlovski. Now, I'd be the first to say that fighters with such milage, but that I'd be lying if I wouldn't be excited to see some 2015 type of old guard winning streak Smiley But in all seriousness, I hope both of them do consider stepping on the brakes a bit tho. They have given so much to the martial arts world and are MMA legends, no need to put themselves and their health at risk anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1420
October 12, 2021, 02:52:57 AM
It's not easy when you are MMA fighter because you need to control your anger and it's not always easy like in case with Jon Jones, and now with Chuck Liddell who got arrested and jailed on domestic violence charge.
If both of them are so tough guys why are they always attacking their wifes like this and not someone who is more their size?

Agreed, and there are also other fighters who have gotten very angry and it presently appears that reality does not occur or apply to them anymore. Dominick Reyes said that he knocked out Jiri Prochazka in their fight hehehe.

Former UFC light heavyweight title challenger Dominick Reyes says he knocked Jiří Procházka out cold in their main event bout at UFC Vegas 25.

During an interview with Combat Sports on Fanatics View, Reyes suggested that the #2-ranked light heavyweight was completely unconscious following the kick. The 31-year-old said Procházka’s dead weight prevented him from taking advantage of the quick KO.

Source https://www.mmanews.com/2021/10/reyes-says-he-knocked-prochazka-out-fully-in-may-bout/
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1430
October 12, 2021, 02:13:05 AM

Main card (ESPN / ESPN+)

staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 11, 2021, 06:12:20 PM
Can anyone remember what the scores were for the main event? I felt like it was fairly close by the judges, right?

If you guys think last weekend’s card was full of unknowns and low level fighters then the next event is gonna be a rough one.  Lol.  Cheesy
Not just unknowns, but I just thought the match ups were pretty bad. However, that did actually make for some entertaining KO's. I'll be honest, I slightly complained about it being a rather lackluster event, and I did get to watch it because it was on at a totally different time to the boxing, and I thought it was brilliant. Well, probably not a night I'll remember for long, but it was much better than I was expecting.
legendary
October 11, 2021, 03:06:16 PM
legendary
October 11, 2021, 10:09:16 AM
If you guys think last weekend’s card was full of unknowns and low level fighters then the next event is gonna be a rough one.  Lol.  Cheesy

Marina Rodriguez made a deserved win and she is calling out for Joanna Jedrzejczyk for her inactivity, and she is hoping to get next title fight.
You can check out and watch all UFC Vegas 39 post-fight Press Conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1S3udh3IE

It appears that Marina Rodriguez was challenging the Boogeywoman since her split decision victory versus Michelle Waterson. However, would Joanna accept this fight? I reckon Joanna would not risk her name to fight a fighter who is there to build on her name and reputation hehehe.

At UFC Vegas 26, Marina Rodriguez was able to defeat the #9-ranked Michelle Waterson via unanimous decision in a hard-fought battle. Now that Rodriguez has won the first main event of her UFC career, she is looking to challenge the woman who has had her hand raised in more strawweight main events than anyone, that, of course being the one and only Joanna Jędrzejczyk.

Source https://www.mmanews.com/2021/05/marina-rodriguez-calls-out-the-boogeywoman-joanna-jedrzejczyk/

Rodriguez should be careful what she wishes for.  JJ is an elite Muay Thai martial artist with lots of experience in the octagon.  It’s a huge jump between Dern to JJ.  Intruiging match up tho.
legendary
Merit: 1169
October 11, 2021, 07:44:20 AM
^  Dern should be diving for single legs like what most wrestlers do.  Esperza did it with great success and eeked out a split decision vs Rodriguez.  But man, Dern is elite on the ground.  If she goes for TD’s instead of body locks, trips and hip throws, she’d be almost a complete fighter.

My other two bets lost but I’m still happy.  Both were really close...  It showed that the lines were way off in those two matches.

Mackenzie Dern really is a monster on the ground just like what I predicted, but yes, even with insane locks Marina Rodriguez just keeps on getting free from it, Dern should focus more on locking and punching Rodriguez instead,

Yup Congratulations to Marina Rodriguez. Out of 3, this is the only I've won.
2nd round looks very erotic when Dern uses her feet to trap Marina's arm, Dern almost had her when she mounted, it's damn chilling I almost didn't breathe that whole ground fight. And then Dern did it again on the 4th round. Rodriguez only learns to keep the distance in the 5th round but she tough to win this match.

I like it when they are erotic on the ground,  Cool but yes BJJ sure has its use, but it lacks intensity Marina Rodriguez just keeps on getting free from Dern's grip, but I really like Dern's performance, it is just that Rodriguez is really too tough to handle and is really too good at striking in keeping the count on his scores.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1420
October 10, 2021, 11:07:09 PM
Marina Rodriguez made a deserved win and she is calling out for Joanna Jedrzejczyk for her inactivity, and she is hoping to get next title fight.

It appears that Marina Rodriguez was challenging the Boogeywoman since her split decision victory versus Michelle Waterson. However, would Joanna accept this fight? I reckon Joanna would not risk her name to fight a fighter who is there to build on her name and reputation hehehe.

At UFC Vegas 26, Marina Rodriguez was able to defeat the #9-ranked Michelle Waterson via unanimous decision in a hard-fought battle. Now that Rodriguez has won the first main event of her UFC career, she is looking to challenge the woman who has had her hand raised in more strawweight main events than anyone, that, of course being the one and only Joanna Jędrzejczyk.

Source https://www.mmanews.com/2021/05/marina-rodriguez-calls-out-the-boogeywoman-joanna-jedrzejczyk/
Activity: 1890
Merit: 544
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
October 10, 2021, 02:02:16 PM
Dern should be diving for single legs like what most wrestlers do.  Esperza did it with great success and eeked out a split decision vs Rodriguez.  But man, Dern is elite on the ground.  If she goes for TD’s instead of body locks, trips and hip throws, she’d be almost a complete fighter.

My other two bets lost but I’m still happy.  Both were really close...  It showed that the lines were way off in those two matches.

First of all congrats to Maria Rodriguez for winning the fight. I somewhat thought what Dern might win if she's able to ground Marina but that has not been the case. But it was a fun fight to see, a striker vs a submission player is always an exciting match. I saw the stats of the match and Dern lost many points in strikes, she completed 80 out of 209 ones where Marina did 148 out of 284 ones and that made about 15 points difference between them. Marina is also ahead way miles in the significant strike points.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
October 10, 2021, 01:59:23 PM
^  Esparza is a way better wrestler than Dern.  Yes Dern is a grappler but she’s mostly BJJ.  Dern has to take Rodriguez first before she can do her thing...  Which I admit, if Dern does take Rodriguez down, it’s over.  But if she doesn’t, watch Rodriguez tee off on Dern’s face.  And I think the latter is more likely.

My bets thus far are Rodriguez, Elliott and Corales.  All dogs, follow at your own risk.  I’m more a degenerate than a sharp.

And last call for jeremypwr’s Multi Master.

UFC Vegas 39 Multi Master
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-vegas-39-10921-new-rules-5364124

I really think there are different techniques with Wrestling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Wrestling is more intense than BJJ mostly if you are wrestling more your cardio will likely be training as well, because of its intensity, but Submission mostly comes from BJJ I think effectivity wise, the goal is to submit your opponent and BJJ can submit your opponent in both top and bottom position, but effectiveness will sure vary and may always depend on the situation of the fight.

Well, Congratulations to Marina Rodriguez and to all that pick and bet for her, most of the time Dern really wants to throw Rodriguez to the ground but Marina Rodriguez shows great defense with Dern's takedown throw, the 2nd round was an intense round for Marina Rodriguez while Dern just caught Rodriguez arm, Mackenzie Dern's just really dominates the ground very well it just time was really not in favor with Dern, but the 3rd round was really around for Rodriguez, a really great match for both fighters, even though I think that Dern really did well, the score was for the judges to decides.

Yup Congratulations to Marina Rodriguez. Out of 3, this is the only I've won.
2nd round looks very erotic when Dern uses her feet to trap Marina's arm, Dern almost had her when she mounted, it's damn chilling I almost didn't breathe that whole ground fight. And then Dern did it again on the 4th round. Rodriguez only learns to keep the distance in the 5th round but she tough to win this match.

legendary
October 10, 2021, 01:56:17 PM
legendary
October 10, 2021, 10:07:21 AM
^  Dern should be diving for single legs like what most wrestlers do.  Esperza did it with great success and eeked out a split decision vs Rodriguez.  But man, Dern is elite on the ground.  If she goes for TD’s instead of body locks, trips and hip throws, she’d be almost a complete fighter.

legendary
Merit: 1169
October 10, 2021, 04:37:27 AM
^  Esparza is a way better wrestler than Dern.  Yes Dern is a grappler but she’s mostly BJJ.  Dern has to take Rodriguez first before she can do her thing...  Which I admit, if Dern does take Rodriguez down, it’s over.  But if she doesn’t, watch Rodriguez tee off on Dern’s face.  And I think the latter is more likely.

My bets thus far are Rodriguez, Elliott and Corales.  All dogs, follow at your own risk.  I’m more a degenerate than a sharp.

And last call for jeremypwr’s Multi Master.

UFC Vegas 39 Multi Master
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-vegas-39-10921-new-rules-5364124

I really think there are different techniques with Wrestling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Wrestling is more intense than BJJ mostly if you are wrestling more your cardio will likely be training as well, because of its intensity, but Submission mostly comes from BJJ I think effectivity wise, the goal is to submit your opponent and BJJ can submit your opponent in both top and bottom position, but effectiveness will sure vary and may always depend on the situation of the fight.

Well, Congratulations to Marina Rodriguez and to all that pick and bet for her, most of the time Dern really wants to throw Rodriguez to the ground but Marina Rodriguez shows great defense with Dern's takedown throw, the 2nd round was an intense round for Marina Rodriguez while Dern just caught Rodriguez arm, Mackenzie Dern's just really dominates the ground very well it just time was really not in favor with Dern, but the 3rd round was really around for Rodriguez, a really great match for both fighters, even though I think that Dern really did well, the score was for the judges to decides.
Jump to: