Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 353. (Read 85073 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 22, 2021, 03:48:13 PM
^ Pretty much Paulo Costa had snapped his brain out after his fight against, Israel Adesanya, That fight had really gotten inside his head, the total humiliation inside the octagon, and the dominance of Izzy over Paulo Costa, pretty much both these men didn't really believe that they have a loss against Adesanya, but Costa is still not himself, but Marvin Vettori totally focuses in the match against Costa,

Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori

My take here is just like I have said and what Israel Adesanya has said, Paulo Costa isn't really stable right now he has changed and Adesanya really get inside his brain, after that fight, Costa didn't believe that Adesanya has dominated him inside the Octagon, and his not really focus with the fight ahead of him, but Marvin Vettori really focuses in this fight and really want to win, I guess Vettori can surely be mixed the striking with his wrestling, and pretty much Vettori has a big amount of cardio, and a good chin that can withstand punches, While Paulo Costa can gas out more easily, I think that Marvin Vettori is a well-rounded fighter here, and that is why I am going with Marvin Vettori.

Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards

I really think that Joselyne Edwards has good striking with her kicks and punches, and a little bit of wrestling to get on the pressure on her opponent, I can say Edwards has a slight advantage over Jessica-Rose Clark, but Edwards is the underdog here having 2.40 with odds, while Clark has 1.60 in stake.com, well even though Edwards has some advantage over Clark, I am still going with the lovely Jessica-Rose Clark, this is the risk I will be taking by betting on Clark.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 22, 2021, 03:37:29 PM

Paulo Costa did not make weight to fit in middleweight division. His weight is around 211 pounds and he cant make it to 185 before the fight. Marvin Vettori told that he is ok with, and both fighters agreed on the weight of 195 pounds. Costa will have to give a percentage of his earnings.

source: https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-mma-news-paulo-costa-to-forfeit-percentage-of-money-to-marvin-vettori-for-missing-weight/

What is this? Is Costa too lazy to cut? Or he did not train enough and did not have much time to cut weight? Weight difference is a lot. Knowing that fighter cut weight, and day before fight gain tens of pounds back, Costa will be super heavy during this fight. Like lightheavy perhaps, if not more.

P.S. Costa was rather calm to claim that he weight more than needed. Almost not feeling sorry. That is not professional.

Btw, Costa always weight a lot. He should more to other division.

I heard about Costa walking around saying that he was weighing over 200 lbs.  But I didn’t think much about it and thought he was prolly just fooling around.  Lol.  Turned out to be true.  -_-  

And I think it changes everything now and the match could favor Costa with him being able to have a higher chance of knocking Vettori out early.  The under 4.5 went from 1.75 to 1.60...  That Costa win at R3 prop lined at 16 looks good.  That’s prolly worth a sprinkle.

UFC Vegas FN 196:  Weigh In Results

Paulo Costa (204.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (204)
Grant Dawson (156) vs. Ricky Glenn (155.5)
Jessica-Rose Clark (135.5) vs. Joselyne Edwards (134.5)
Alex Caceres (146) vs. Seungwoo Choi (145.5)
Dwight Grant (170) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (169.5)
Nicolae Negumereanu (204.5) vs. Ike Villanueva (205)
Jun Yong Park (185.5) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (185.5)
Mason Jones (156) vs. David Onama (153.5)
Maria Oliveira (115) vs. Tabatha Ricci (115)
Jamie Pickett (184.5) vs. Laureano Staropoli (185.5)
Jai Herbert (155) vs. Khama Worthy (155)
Daniel da Silva (125) vs. Jeff Molina (125)
Randa Markos (115) vs. Livinha Souza (115)
Zviad Lazishvili (135) vs. Jonathan Martinez (135)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1435
October 22, 2021, 03:07:53 PM
I was quite amazed that instead of trying to cut weight, Costa was smiling and telling that huge weight is ok. That after weigh-ins, every fighter weigh much more, that he was never scared to fight a bigger guy, he did not care about how much his opponent weigh and etc (watch here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8Avuctzqw).

Specially I like: "One week before the fight, and you are so heavy?" @Marvin. "I am usually heavy at the fight day, do you have problem with that?" @Paulo. This is like asking are you scare of me? If not then fight me in any weight
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 22, 2021, 02:41:18 PM
What is this? Is Costa too lazy to cut? Or he did not train enough and did not have much time to cut weight? Weight difference is a lot. Knowing that fighter cut weight, and day before fight gain tens of pounds back, Costa will be super heavy during this fight. Like lightheavy perhaps, if not more.

P.S. Costa was rather calm to claim that he weight more than needed. Almost not feeling sorry. That is not professional.

Glad that Marvin Vettori is still willing to fight despite the fact that Paulo Costa missed weight by a huge margin and there were rumors that they are planning to fight at 205 pounds which was ridiculous and now they are fighting at a catch weight at 190 pounds, no idea how much Paulo Costa is weighing right now and Dana White should ask him to move to 205 pounds if he is not able prepare for 185 pounds.
legendary
October 22, 2021, 02:07:04 PM
Also, Marvin Vettori is having a fourth fight in last 10 months, while Costa has fought more than a year ago, and both were stopped by Adesanya.

I think Vettori would win. Costa has a lot of wins by TKO. TKO, and only one KO. His strategy is to pressure his opponent with kicks till he is close to fence, than explode with combos. But, this works only for 1-2 rounds, then Costa runs out of stamina. Vettori likes to put pressure by himself. If he survives first round, he will win. His only weakness is that he keeps his hands low. Btw, Vettori likes to do takedowns, while Costa is black belt in BJJ, but I never seen him using these skills. Vettori will clinch first round, wait for Costa to run out of stamina and TKO.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
October 22, 2021, 01:04:55 PM
I first wanted to bet on Costa to win against Vettori but I can't do that anymore after he missed cutting weight a lot, with his unprofessional behavior and pushing fight to light heavyweight category just few days before a fight.
After watching pre fight press conference and some interviews I am switching my bet for Marvin Vettori to win, and Costa showed that he is not ready for top level mma fighting,
after this and drinking bottle of wine night before his last fight with Adesanya.
Official weigh-in live stream and face-offs now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0dDN2lhKg
legendary
October 22, 2021, 11:17:03 AM

Paulo Costa did not make weight to fit in middleweight division. His weight is around 211 pounds and he cant make it to 185 before the fight. Marvin Vettori told that he is ok with, and both fighters agreed on the weight of 195 pounds. Costa will have to give a percentage of his earnings.

source: https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-mma-news-paulo-costa-to-forfeit-percentage-of-money-to-marvin-vettori-for-missing-weight/

legendary
October 22, 2021, 07:21:57 AM
I really think that Jan Blachowicz has far more advantages than Israel Adesanya, we can say that Blachowicz has the build to take on Adesanya, and yes the division pretty much has an advantage for Blachowicz, and pretty much Adesanya is not really ready yet for this division, I really like the way Israel Adesanya fight and I don't have any problem with it, it is all good if you can keep on winning.

Sure, whatever works for him, whatever get's him the W in the end. Izzy is a really smart fighter that just needs to figure out how to approach the LHW division if he plans on staying there constantly at all. Don't know if he has it in him to go from division to division as he pleases, a different approach is needed. And not taking away anything from Jan, he has matured into one hell of a fighter, can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

I think if he would go with the LightWeight Division, I think he needs to start with the fighter who is lower than Jan Blachowicz or start from scratch, he would need to put up the challenge first and take a feel on the win with other fighters in that division, he can try out his skills with Dominick Reyes, or Glover Teixeira first before another fight with Jan Blachowicz, I really think if he wants another shot at the Lightweight Division I think he needs to start with a lesser badest in the Division.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 22, 2021, 04:46:16 AM
I really think that Jan Blachowicz has far more advantages than Israel Adesanya, we can say that Blachowicz has the build to take on Adesanya, and yes the division pretty much has an advantage for Blachowicz, and pretty much Adesanya is not really ready yet for this division, I really like the way Israel Adesanya fight and I don't have any problem with it, it is all good if you can keep on winning.

Sure, whatever works for him, whatever get's him the W in the end. Izzy is a really smart fighter that just needs to figure out how to approach the LHW division if he plans on staying there constantly at all. Don't know if he has it in him to go from division to division as he pleases, a different approach is needed. And not taking away anything from Jan, he has matured into one hell of a fighter, can't wait to see what he brings to the table.
legendary
October 21, 2021, 02:44:11 PM
^ ^  She can have my child...  Cheesy  Looking forward seeing her in the cage.

And the the more I look into Caceres vs Choi, I think I’m starting to like Caceres enough to put a little something something with him as the underdog at 3.35...  That’s good value imho.  The books could be way off.  

She can also have my cute child, I really think that her opponent Joselyne Edwards is pretty much close to her capabilities, both have good striking, and have some wrestling and submission lock, this will surely be an interesting fight but I really like to support Jessica-Rose Clark here,

Alex Caceres VS Choi Seung-Woo I think that Alex Caceres may have some advantage with experience, and I had to say Caceres has a good record than Woo, but I will keep my speculation to myself for now will be looking at this and research more.

Izzy uses it combined with his reach advantage (in his division), but that strategy did not work very well when fighting Blachowicz as Jan could make up the distance very well. If I had to dissect it, I would say that the run and gun technique would work best in lower categories due to their speed and then not taking up so much space in the octagon, but again, Gustafsson dit it perfectly so there's that.

staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 21, 2021, 01:42:27 PM
Joselyne Edwards at 2.22, I feel like Edwards is better than Clark in the striking dept.  She’s also taller and has the reach advantage.

Mind you, these are just first impressions of underdogs that ‘could win’. 
Joselyne Edwards is one of my most confident picks within the >2.00 odds. I think she'll do a great job here, and has looked very good in her previous fights. Also looking forward to the Mason Jones fight, though I'll hold off realistic predictions, because I might be a little bias in selecting him for the win. Though, I do think he has a great chance here.
October 21, 2021, 10:18:47 AM
Well, we had a different opinion regarding this technique, well fighters can surely use it, and it is not banned that it can not be used inside the cage or ring, and if it is OK then fighters are allowed and OK for fighters in use it, but I don't think Israel Adesanya is not really overusing it so I am good with it, and yes when push comes to shove every fighter can use it when they are in a difficult position. for Adesanya, I think he is using it more brilliantly.

Izzy uses it combined with his reach advantage (in his division), but that strategy did not work very well when fighting Blachowicz as Jan could make up the distance very well. If I had to dissect it, I would say that the run and gun technique would work best in lower categories due to their speed and then not taking up so much space in the octagon, but again, Gustafsson dit it perfectly so there's that.
legendary
October 21, 2021, 10:18:28 AM
^ ^  She can have my child...  Cheesy  Looking forward seeing her in the cage.

And the the more I look into Caceres vs Choi, I think I’m starting to like Caceres enough to put a little something something with him as the underdog at 3.35...  That’s good value imho.  The books could be way off.  
legendary
October 21, 2021, 05:57:19 AM

Similar to you, I am also very interested to see Jessica Rose Clark. She is the our cute sexy fighting kitten for this UFC event hehehe. Tabatha Ricci might also be a sexy fighting kitten, however, she is a little teapot, short and stout if we compare to Jessica Clark.

Her uterus is ready to bear Superman’s child!

I like this photo of her here, this is one sweet looking hottie, and she reminds me of Alex Blake, please don't google it, because it is NSFW, and recently there are reports that her Fiancee Julian Wallace has threatened her on social media that he will post her nude photo's and videos it was a low for Wallace to do such a thing and he also violated her violently and Jessica Rose have described the detail of the incident to the cops, Well, she doesn't deserve a man like that and try to move on with her upcoming fight,

In cage running gets a bad rep imho. Gustafsson comes to mind when thinking of good running implementation into his style. Sure, sometimes it get's overused by some fighters but it's a very effective tool to have in your belt when push comes to shove.

Well, we had a different opinion regarding this technique, well fighters can surely use it, and it is not banned that it can not be used inside the cage or ring, and if it is OK then fighters are allowed and OK for fighters in use it, but I don't think Israel Adesanya is not really overusing it so I am good with it, and yes when push comes to shove every fighter can use it when they are in a difficult position. for Adesanya, I think he is using it more brilliantly.
October 21, 2021, 03:08:54 AM
What do you think about Izzy vs Romero fight ? Wasnt it 5 round of running? During 25minutes they threw only 89 (Romero) and 132 (Izzy) strikes. They did not wrestle.

Costa has not fought for more than a year. Hope he did not lose all his skills, or havent traded it for booze.

Check out how Izzy roasted his former two opponents https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOx3MFEptXk (you dont have to watch whole video, first 40sec are hilarious).

That Running part was Israel Adesanya's style, but both men are pretty much good with the technique's in my opinion, they are both thinking about what to do, and I should say Israel Adesanya is really struggling against Yael Romero, but I think if these two fight again, I am guessing that Israel Adesanya would give him a good fight now, That is what I am seeing right now, Yeah they did not wrestle indeed,

That is great about Adesanya getting his prediction on two guys he just fought and his picks on what may happen and Marvin Vettori really have a great chin than Paulo Costa, but yeah it is really hilarious to watch.

In cage running gets a bad rep imho. Gustafsson comes to mind when thinking of good running implementation into his style. Sure, sometimes it get's overused by some fighters but it's a very effective tool to have in your belt when push comes to shove.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
October 20, 2021, 10:25:46 PM
I laughed when Vettori vs Costa was announced as the main event.

Costa blamed a bottle of wine for his loss to Adesanya. Vettori refuses to acknowledge both losses to Adesanya. Their reaction to losing are similar enough they could be MMA twins.   Cheesy

Interested to see Jessica Rose Clark fight. She seems to be improving her kickboxing. It will be cool to see how far she has come.

Alex Caceres came to the UFC from florida's street fighting circuit with Kimbo Slice and Jorge Masvidal. Its too bad Caceres couldn't make more of his career in the UFC. He's always had good potential but never been able to fully realize it.

I like Laureano Staropoli's kickboxing technique and stance switching. That's another name who started out strong in the UFC and underperformed IMO. The same may also be said of Khama "Deathstar" Worthy.

Francisco "Massarunduba" Trinaldo is 43 years old. Its crazy how some of these guys continue to compete longer than anyone thought possible.

Grant Dawson is 17-1. A really good record for MMA. Wonder if he can hang on to it.

Similar to you, I am also very interested to see Jessica Rose Clark. She is the our cute sexy fighting kitten for this UFC event hehehe. Tabatha Ricci might also be a sexy fighting kitten, however, she is a little teapot, short and stout if we compare to Jessica Clark.

Her uterus is ready to bear Superman’s child!

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
October 20, 2021, 01:11:21 PM
I just check the odds and Martin Vettori is big favorite to win the fight against Paulo Costa and I am not sure why exactly.
Vettori does have slight reach advantage but Costa has much better striking stats and his takedown defense is very good, in addition Costa lost only one time in his carrier.
Vettori is very good with submissions but Costa KO/TKO record is amazing 85%
My early predictions is to bet on underdog Costa to win but lets see some interviews before making final decision.

UFC just signed four new fighters, and I am very interested about lightheavyweight category fighter Armen Petrosyan after he won in his fight with Kaloyan Kolev in Dana White Contender Series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJbQwkYYnE4

legendary
October 20, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
What do you think about Izzy vs Romero fight ? Wasnt it 5 round of running? During 25minutes they threw only 89 (Romero) and 132 (Izzy) strikes. They did not wrestle.

Costa has not fought for more than a year. Hope he did not lose all his skills, or havent traded it for booze.

Check out how Izzy roasted his former two opponents https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOx3MFEptXk (you dont have to watch whole video, first 40sec are hilarious).

That Running part was Israel Adesanya's style, but both men are pretty much good with the technique's in my opinion, they are both thinking about what to do, and I should say Israel Adesanya is really struggling against Yael Romero, but I think if these two fight again, I am guessing that Israel Adesanya would give him a good fight now, That is what I am seeing right now, Yeah they did not wrestle indeed,

That is great about Adesanya getting his prediction on two guys he just fought and his picks on what may happen and Marvin Vettori really have a great chin than Paulo Costa, but yeah it is really hilarious to watch.
legendary
October 20, 2021, 12:27:14 PM
Here are some underdogs for the event that could win:  Khama Worthy at 2.50.  Yeah I said he has no chin but really the match is a toss up.  Worthy could knock Herbert out early too. 

Jaime Pickett at 2.95.  Just cos of the size difference.  Pickett is the bigger guy who seems like he’s cutting a lot of weight to fight in MW. 

Dwight Grant at 2.07.  His opponent is ooold. 

Alex Caceres at 3.35, more experience. 

Joselyne Edwards at 2.22, I feel like Edwards is better than Clark in the striking dept.  She’s also taller and has the reach advantage.

Mind you, these are just first impressions of underdogs that ‘could win’. 
October 20, 2021, 08:07:28 AM
I laughed when Vettori vs Costa was announced as the main event.

Costa blamed a bottle of wine for his loss to Adesanya. Vettori refuses to acknowledge both losses to Adesanya. Their reaction to losing are similar enough they could be MMA twins.   Cheesy

Oh, snap, I forgot about that relation, of them both trying to come up with the most absurd reasons why they lost and sticking to it. So we can safely say that this is a prime-time circus event with two clowns fighting for laughs from the audience. Give Costa all the roids and give Vettori some pants that are turned the right way and we got ourselves a fight.
Jump to: