Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 354. (Read 85485 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
October 25, 2021, 02:50:56 PM
If you didn't watch previous main event fight Marvin Vettori vs Paulo Costa, try to find recording and watch it now, it's one of the best five round fights I recently watched in UFC.
Costa punched hard with his legs and was better in last round, but Vettori was superior with movement and had much more total and significant strikes.
I had small bet on Vettori and I am happy final outcome but this fight could go either way if Vettori was not so tough, and never finished before.
Dana White said that Costa will have to fight in Lightheavyweight division from now on Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 25, 2021, 02:24:55 PM
^  Stacked card..  esp the main card.  I think even non hardcore fans could appreciate.

At first glance there are a couple of matches that are lined to wide giving the underdogs some value.  Mustafaev could be value and so are Ramos and Oezdemir.

Anyway here’s the UFC’s ‘Countdown’ vid.  Enjoy...  Wink

UFC 267:  Countdown - Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9PD2YD6_A

Abu Dhabi UAE is really stunning and the thing I like and what I miss was the fight island where the ring is at the seashore, it is really beautiful to watch and I think when fighters would surely love getting back there that vibe and feeling,

Well, the fighters that I think would dominate inside the octagon, but this is not my final pick but will still be looking at all the nook and crannies of all fighters, 1st for me is Jan Blachowicz, Islam Makhachev, Khamzat Chimaev, and lastly will be the beautiful Amanda Ribas.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 25, 2021, 12:21:48 PM
^  Stacked card..  esp the main card.  I think even non hardcore fans could appreciate.

At first glance there are a couple of matches that are lined to wide giving the underdogs some value.  Mustafaev could be value and so are Ramos and Oezdemir.

Anyway here’s the UFC’s ‘Countdown’ vid.  Enjoy...  Wink

UFC 267:  Countdown - Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9PD2YD6_A
legendary
October 25, 2021, 06:30:50 AM
I think it is time to move on with the Costa vs Vettori, fight because I think the next event is juicier, and surely want a highlight on Błachowicz vs. Teixeira and Islam Makhachev vs. Dan Hooker matches, and here it is

UFC 267
October 30, 2021, at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Main Card

Light Heavyweight   Jan Błachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira            
Bantamweight   Petr Yan vs. Cory Sandhagen            
Lightweight   Islam Makhachev vs. Dan Hooker            
Heavyweight   Alexander Volkov vs. Marcin Tybura            
Welterweight   Li Jingliang vs. Khamzat Chimaev            
Light Heavyweight   Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir

Preliminary Card

Women’s Strawweight   Amanda Ribas vs. Virna Jandiroba            
Featherweight   Ricardo Ramos vs. Zubaira Tukhugov            
Middleweight   Albert Duraev vs. Roman Kopylov            
Light Heavyweight   Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Shamil Gamzatov            
Featherweight   Makwan Amirkhani vs. Lerone Murphy            
Middleweight   Hu Yaozong vs. Andre Petroski            
Lightweight   Damir Ismagulov vs. Magomed Mustafaev            
Flyweight   Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Allan Nascimento   

Information was all in Wikipedia.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 25, 2021, 06:03:04 AM
@TheNineClub. The score the 3 judges gave is 48-46, 48-46, 48-46. If we remove the point deduction it would be 3 48-47. The fight was 3 rounds won for Marvin Vettori vs. Paulo Costa’s 2.

Also, the point deduction for the accidental eye poke was very much unfair for Costa, I reckon. I have never before seen a referee remove a point immediately from the very first accidental eye poke.

No no, you are completely right on that one, I just sometimes question judges' decisions and what might impact them, but you are completely right on that one. Maybe the refs had some pressure from UFC brass regarding eye pokes, but that just seems like a miss for the company, trying to prevent them that way rather than redesigning the glove.
legendary
October 24, 2021, 04:46:14 PM
Congratz to Marvin Vettori. He really deserves it. I feel like Costa has caught a start, when asking for a bigger cheque and refused to fight, I think against Gastelum. He was about to fight this summer. But he wanted a bigger cheque after Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley fight. Vettori has showed his real place. Vettori should fight Cannonier next, Whittaker (after his fight to Adesanya) and then a third attempt to beat Adesanya.

Here is a little trolling from Vettori https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-a5lAiYQc4 Cheesy

Brunson is already scheduled to fight Cannonier next then the title if he wins.  That would be another nice match up with some history behind it.  Adesanya and Brunson fought before a few years back.

Caceres bet cashes.  It expected the match to be close but not with Caceres winning via sub.  Lol.  The line for that one could be more than 20.
legendary
October 24, 2021, 10:44:57 AM
Congratz to Marvin Vettori. He really deserves it. I feel like Costa has caught a start, when asking for a bigger cheque and refused to fight, I think against Gastelum. He was about to fight this summer. But he wanted a bigger cheque after Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley fight. Vettori has showed his real place. Vettori should fight Cannonier next, Whittaker (after his fight to Adesanya) and then a third attempt to beat Adesanya.

Here is a little trolling from Vettori https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-a5lAiYQc4 Cheesy

Marvin Vettori really show how dedicated of a fighter he is, and Paulo Costa has shown how trashy of a fighter he is, and that attitude was after the Adesanya fight, he surely doesn't want to move on from that fight and don't really accept the facts that he lost in that fight,

And for Marvin Vettori, I don't know if he is really ready for Jared Cannonier, and that guy comes from the heavyweight division, which means he surely has his experience with the heavyweights, and from that Costa fight I think Vettori still had a hard time with Paulo Costa, and I think with Jared Cannonier he is still a way too far behind and needs another fight before Cannonier, well that is just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
October 24, 2021, 09:03:13 AM
Congratz to Marvin Vettori. He really deserves it. I feel like Costa has caught a star, when asking for a bigger cheque and refused to fight, I think against Gastelum. He was about to fight this summer. But he wanted a bigger cheque after Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley fight. Vettori has showed his real place. Vettori should fight Cannonier next, Whittaker (after his fight to Adesanya) and then a third attempt to beat Adesanya.

legendary
October 24, 2021, 05:13:37 AM
Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori

I should say Paulo Costa seems really big inside the ring with Marvin Vettori, and it is a fight of never backing down for Marvin Vettori even though he is receiving kicks from Costa, he keeps on moving and giving Costa counter punches, and we can see how to focus Marvin Vettori is against Costa, and while the fight is proceeding I could say I can see how heavy Costa is that he is showing signs of fatigue while fighting Vettori, and in the next round Paulo Costa have given so much body kicks to Vettori, but Marvin Vettori have such high durability to break down, until Paulo Decided, or Accidentally poke Vettori in the eye, that have deducted his score, I could say both men have taken their aggression at each other until the match ends, I really think that both men were at their limits but they carry on and salute to Marvin Vettori for being a professional.

Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards

I could say my decision has proven right and I have said that Edwards could be on a slight advantage against Clark but I am sticking my Nose on Jessica-Rose Clark, winning this, but what I thought was wrong because Jessica-Rose Clark has proven that she is more dominant with her wrestling against Edwards, the pressure from Clark's takedowns and clinch have proven how Clark can hold the pressure.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
October 24, 2021, 04:29:24 AM
@TheNineClub. The score the 3 judges gave is 48-46, 48-46, 48-46. If we remove the point deduction it would be 3 48-47. The fight was 3 rounds won for Marvin Vettori vs. Paulo Costa’s 2.

Also, the point deduction for the accidental eye poke was very much unfair for Costa, I reckon. I have never before seen a referee remove a point immediately from the very first accidental eye poke.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 24, 2021, 02:07:19 AM
Here are the full results

Check out the number of points deducted throughout the event. One point deduction for Costa could have swayed the decision towards a win for Vettori? Maybe? Caceres is also back in the winning column and on a solid win streak. All in all, this was a long event, a lot of matches went the distance.
legendary
Merit: 1023
October 23, 2021, 03:06:14 PM
~
Didn't Costa make up an excuse like he was drinking wine the night before? I highly doubt someone with the body he has, whether you want to excuse him of steroid abuse or not, would be so ill disciplined, because clearly he puts in a lot of work.
Yes i believe Paulo Costa came with the excuse when he lost against Israel Adesanya. There are some fighters who does not accept defeat and will always try to find excuses so that they can feel good, another prime example is Deontay Wilder. They need to understand their weakness and rectify them to improve and as long a they are not doing that, we should not expect any changes.

I've always been favouring Costa for a knockout tonight, but this makes me reconsider whether he's actually interested, and determined to win.
A knockout is always possible, may be Paulo Costa wanted to trick Marvin Vettori into thinking that he is not prepared and his plan all along was to knockout and have a good performance and call out Adesanya for the rematch  Cheesy.

My picks are Grant Dawson, Junyong Park, Marvin Vettori
legendary
October 23, 2021, 02:20:37 PM
I heard about Costa walking around saying that he was weighing over 200 lbs.  But I didn’t think much about it and thought he was prolly just fooling around.  Lol.  Turned out to be true.  -_-  

And I think it changes everything now and the match could favor Costa with him being able to have a higher chance of knocking Vettori out early.  The under 4.5 went from 1.75 to 1.60...  That Costa win at R3 prop lined at 16 looks good.  That’s prolly worth a sprinkle.

UFC Vegas FN 196:  Weigh In Results

Paulo Costa (204.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (204)
I read different analysts take about this. It might be a big change for Costa becoming a heavy hitter but what about speed? This means Vettori could easily cut more weight back and use that speed to gain the advantage while Costa will need that lights out one shot strike in a slow pace.
Looking at betting sites Vettori is still the favorite despite all this ruckus about weight management and I am also putting my money on him.
This game is for tomorrow right?

Additional information that I know Costa could only last 2 to 3 rounds because his gas tank is just limited and everyone knows that Paulo Costa is just slaking off and he surely can't cut off his weight because he doesn't really do a thing and not readying his fight with Marvin Vettori, I don't know if his underestimating Vettori because Marvin Vettori is just number 5 in the middleweight rankings, or the fight from Israel Adesanya is getting to his head, but yeah if you will watch Israel Adesanya's Youtube Channel you will see his prediction with this match and pretty much that is why the Odds on stake.com is so favorable for Vettori, and right now the odds are 2.60 for Paulo Costa, and 1.52 for Marvin Vettori, and I think it is a good decision to go for Vettori.

signing 185pounds and then after just a week move-up, the heck did costa eat the whole time and then his opponent had to suffer all these diets lol what a bully.

it's tempting to root for him though i can see big winning after all he has the knockout power. but he was out for a very long time after a defeat against adesanya, losing for the first time is hard to overcome. maybe the reason he has not fulfilled his obligation for the weight class. still depress and give excuse about covid

He must have consumed a whole pig all by himself to gain so much in just 1 week, I feel Marvin Vettori doing all that diet and cutting the pounds is really something and then he just accepts in the weight class that Costa wants, is just dedication, but I guess deep inside he is surely frustrated about it, but he just gotta what he needs to do,

Well, It is really tempting to root for Costa, because of that big increase in Vettori's odds, and looking at Costa's ranking is still 2 and yes that striking power to one punch an opponent, might still be there, but I will surely give credits to Vettori for giving an effort to the fight, but I guess I will be staying away with the betting for now.
legendary
Merit: 1435
October 23, 2021, 11:59:51 AM
signing 185pounds and then after just a week move-up, the heck did costa eat the whole time and then his opponent had to suffer all these diets lol what a bully.

LOL, he drinks Cheesy

I think it was Marvins mistake to accept fighting in a greater weight. If I were Marvin, I would insist on Paulo Costa cutting to 185 or do maximum he could. And then beat drained opponent. But now he is in danger of eating more heavy strike.

If a fighter cant make weight - move up. What is even the point of cutting, if in octagon you are always heavy and belong to a next division. Isnt it the same as being 18 y.o and competing against 12 y.o ? I think that weigh cutting is similar to cheating.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 23, 2021, 11:51:36 AM
I heard about Costa walking around saying that he was weighing over 200 lbs.  But I didn’t think much about it and thought he was prolly just fooling around.  Lol.  Turned out to be true.  -_-  

And I think it changes everything now and the match could favor Costa with him being able to have a higher chance of knocking Vettori out early.  The under 4.5 went from 1.75 to 1.60...  That Costa win at R3 prop lined at 16 looks good.  That’s prolly worth a sprinkle.

Grant Dawson (156) vs. Ricky Glenn (155.5)
Jessica-Rose Clark (135.5) vs. Joselyne Edwards (134.5)
Alex Caceres (146) vs. Seungwoo Choi (145.5)
Dwight Grant (170) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (169.5)
Nicolae Negumereanu (204.5) vs. Ike Villanueva (205)
Jun Yong Park (185.5) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (185.5)
Mason Jones (156) vs. David Onama (153.5)
Maria Oliveira (115) vs. Tabatha Ricci (115)
Jamie Pickett (184.5) vs. Laureano Staropoli (185.5)
Jai Herbert (155) vs. Khama Worthy (155)
Daniel da Silva (125) vs. Jeff Molina (125)
Randa Markos (115) vs. Livinha Souza (115)
Zviad Lazishvili (135) vs. Jonathan Martinez (135)
I'm worried about Costa, I'm not sure his heart is in it anymore, I mean coming in that heavy is a bit of a joke, and I've got to give my respect to Vettori for allowing the fight to continue, and if Vettori can win against a over weight Costa it really is a statement to the rest of the division, unless what I fear is true, and that Costa has simply become uninterested after the Izzy fight.

Didn't Costa make up an excuse like he was drinking wine the night before? I highly doubt someone with the body he has, whether you want to excuse him of steroid abuse or not, would be so ill disciplined, because clearly he puts in a lot of work.

I've always been favouring Costa for a knockout tonight, but this makes me reconsider whether he's actually interested, and determined to win.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 23, 2021, 10:32:27 AM

I read different analysts take about this. It might be a big change for Costa becoming a heavy hitter but what about speed? This means Vettori could easily cut more weight back and use that speed to gain the advantage while Costa will need that lights out one shot strike in a slow pace.
Looking at betting sites Vettori is still the favorite despite all this ruckus about weight management and I am also putting my money on him.

Additional information that I know Costa could only last 2 to 3 rounds because his gas tank is just limited and everyone knows that Paulo Costa is just slaking off and he surely can't cut off his weight because he doesn't really do a thing and not readying his fight with Marvin Vettori, I don't know if his underestimating Vettori because Marvin Vettori is just number 5 in the middleweight rankings, or the fight from Israel Adesanya is getting to his head, but yeah if you will watch Israel Adesanya's Youtube Channel you will see his prediction with this match and pretty much that is why the Odds on stake.com is so favorable for Vettori, and right now the odds are 2.60 for Paulo Costa, and 1.52 for Marvin Vettori, and I think it is a good decision to go for Vettori.

it's tempting to root for him though i can see big winning after all he has the knockout power. but he was out for a very long time after a defeat against adesanya, losing for the first time is hard to overcome. maybe the reason he has not fulfilled his obligation for the weight class. still depress and give excuse about covid
legendary
October 23, 2021, 10:07:21 AM

Which analyst are you talking about?  Lol.  Weight cutting drains a fighter.  Wtf would Vettori cut weight and allow Costa to stay fresh by not cutting his weight?

Anyway..  Pulled the trigger on Caceres.  I think it’s huge value and the books over adjusted cos Choi has been looking good as of late.  This could be another Caceres vs Hooper moment.  The books over adjusted there too.
legendary
October 23, 2021, 07:36:06 AM

Activity: 71
Merit: 2
October 23, 2021, 06:16:43 AM
these day no good promo for sports (especially ufc) for stake  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1115
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
October 22, 2021, 11:02:39 PM

Jump to: