Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 356. (Read 85485 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
October 20, 2021, 05:31:24 AM
What do you think about Izzy vs Romero fight ? Wasnt it 5 round of running? During 25minutes they threw only 89 (Romero) and 132 (Izzy) strikes. They did not wrestle.

Costa has not fought for more than a year. Hope he did not lose all his skills, or havent traded it for booze.

Check out how Izzy roasted his former two opponents https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOx3MFEptXk (you dont have to watch whole video, first 40sec are hilarious).
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 20, 2021, 04:51:37 AM
UFC Fight Night: Paulo Costa VS Marvin Vettori

Finally a fight worth watching.

Do you guy think that Costa will use his bjj skills against striker Vettori? Not in vain did Costa throw a belt in Adesanya Smiley
This is actually strange, Costa is black belt in BJJ, but 11 out of 13 wins are by KO. Vettori is brown belt only. But I think these two will spend all the time landing strikes. I cant even predict who will win. Costa is huge, but likes to drink wine before fight Cheesy Vettori I see as a very loaded fighter and will for a KO, completely forgetting about game plan and not listening what his corner says.

I think Costa is aware of how good Israel Adesanya is when it comes to takedown defense and so Paulo Costa sure know what may come to him if he tries and he surely know-how of a genius Izzy when it comes to takedown defense, and Israel Adesanya is aware and confident that he can take on Paulo Costa despite their difference in physical appearance If we look carefully the technique and genius inside the ring, every fighter in the middleweight has a problem with Izzy's takedown defense, that is why these two well build fighters, Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori doesn't take a chance on Izzy's defensive strategy, they can call it as running away but that how a real genius works inside the ring.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 19, 2021, 05:38:31 PM

Do you guy think that Costa will use his bjj skills against striker Vettori? Not in vain did Costa throw a belt in Adesanya Smiley
This is actually strange, Costa is black belt in BJJ, but 11 out of 13 wins are by KO. Vettori is brown belt only. But I think these two will spend all the time landing strikes. I cant even predict who will win. Costa is huge, but likes to drink wine before fight Cheesy Vettori I see as a very loaded fighter and will for a KO, completely forgetting about game plan and not listening what his corner says.
I don't recommend basing any predictions on the colour of belt they have achieved. There's no standard to belts, and therefore there's a wide range of different abilities that have achieved the higher belts. This is why belts awarded by the more famous instructors are more respected. Even then, I wouldn't recommend basing that on your predictions.

I basically only judge a fighter on what they've shown, and for Costa we haven't see an awful lot of BJJ, and therefore I'm not going to factor that in, except I don't think Vettori is going to find it as easier to get him to the ground, and be able to submit him easily. I see this fight staying on the feet, which you have to favour Costa then surely. Costa has shown decent takedown defense when needed, and we know he at least knows BJJ, however his level is yet to be determined in the public eye, at least in the UFC.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 19, 2021, 09:58:56 AM
^  Khama Worthy, no chin.  I really wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was starched by Herbert early.  And yeah, Grant Dawson is Glory MMA’s prospect.  He’s good but it remains to be seen if he’s really gonna be a contender for the belt.  155 at the UFC is full of killers.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
October 19, 2021, 09:29:47 AM
I laughed when Vettori vs Costa was announced as the main event.

Costa blamed a bottle of wine for his loss to Adesanya. Vettori refuses to acknowledge both losses to Adesanya. Their reaction to losing are similar enough they could be MMA twins.   Cheesy

Interested to see Jessica Rose Clark fight. She seems to be improving her kickboxing. It will be cool to see how far she has come.

Alex Caceres came to the UFC from florida's street fighting circuit with Kimbo Slice and Jorge Masvidal. Its too bad Caceres couldn't make more of his career in the UFC. He's always had good potential but never been able to fully realize it.

I like Laureano Staropoli's kickboxing technique and stance switching. That's another name who started out strong in the UFC and underperformed IMO. The same may also be said of Khama "Deathstar" Worthy.

Francisco "Massarunduba" Trinaldo is 43 years old. Its crazy how some of these guys continue to compete longer than anyone thought possible.

Grant Dawson is 17-1. A really good record for MMA. Wonder if he can hang on to it.
legendary
October 19, 2021, 09:13:21 AM

Yup, love that main event..  And at first glance, there’s like a couple of decent matches in there.  Caceres vs Seung Woo Choi and Jun Yong Park vs Rodrigues should be good matches for pure fans.

Here are a couple of tapes for you guys to watch.  Enjoy.  Wink

UFC Free Fight:  Costa vs Romero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1zVP2MOiWc

UFC Free Fight:  Vettori vs Roberson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkokoWpkbY

There are more replays at MMA Core of you want more replays.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 19, 2021, 04:42:37 AM

Here is another great event because I am only waiting for the Gane VS Ngannou fight, and I think nothing is greater than that, but these two have failed to beat Izzy, and now competing against one another,

Main Card

Middleweight   Paulo Costa   vs.   Marvin Vettori   
Lightweight   Grant Dawson   vs.   Rick Glenn            
Women's Bantamweight   Jessica-Rose Clark   vs.   Joselyne Edwards            
Featherweight   Alex Caceres   vs.   Seung Woo Choi            
Welterweight   Dwight Grant   vs.   Francisco Trinaldo            
Light Heavyweight   Nicolae Negumereanu   vs.   Ike Villanueva      

Preliminary card

Middleweight   Jun Yong Park   vs.   Gregory Rodrigues            
Lightweight   Alan Patrick   vs.   Mason Jones            
Women's Strawweight   Tabatha Ricci   vs.   Maria de Oliveira Neta            
Middleweight   Jamie Pickett   vs.   Laureano Staropoli            
Lightweight   Khama Worthy   vs.   Jai Herbert            
Flyweight   Jeff Molina   vs.   Daniel Lacerda            
Women's Strawweight   Lívia Renata Souza   vs.   Randa Markos   

Info was from wikipedia.

Ah, Vettori still thinks he was better than Adesanya in their fight. Love the man's enthusiasm, can't wait to see what excuses he will come up with for this fight, and will he have his shorts turned in the right direction. Alex Caceres is always fun and on a winning streak, let's see if he can keep it up.
legendary
October 19, 2021, 04:19:59 AM

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
October 18, 2021, 07:32:15 PM
Whenever I see this two guys Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori I remember how easy Israel Adesanya beat both of them, so this will be fight of the losers and the winner could again challenge Adesanya in future, but I think that outcome would be the same.
For the hype Israel Adesanya and Paulo Costa fight had, Paulo Costa was an easy fight for him but you cannot say the same against Marvin Vettori. The first fight between Marvin Vettori and Israel Adesanya was really close and it was a split decision victory for Israel Adesanya and one of the toughest fights he had in his MMA career and the second fight was not a cake walk either.

This should be much more interesting fight card than previous one for me, but I will have to switch and watch legendary Fedor Emelianenko, that is happening in similar time like this UFC event.
I am very excited for this upcoming MMA weekend!
There was a time i wanted to see Fedor Emelianenko make a comeback but now a days when i see his name, i feel he should have never returned back as he is not the same fighter anymore and hopefully this will be his last fight.
staff
October 18, 2021, 04:51:00 PM
I'll probably be routing for Paulo Costa, since I think he'll have the most interesting of fights in the future. Vettori, has become a little stale of late, and I don't normally critic on a wrestling base, but I just find he uses it, gets a decent position, and then doesn't really do an awful lot with it recently. Whereas, Costa despite losing to Izzy looked very good before that, and looked like a real problem for the division, and naturally he's in most exciting fights due to his striking.

I think we might see Paulo dominate for a little while, and get another shot at the title again. I think Whitaker, and Izzy will bash it out again, and I genuinely feel that Whitaker is the most probable to dethrone Adesanya.
legendary
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
October 18, 2021, 02:20:09 PM
Whenever I see this two guys Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori I remember how easy Israel Adesanya beat both of them, so this will be fight of the losers and the winner could again challenge Adesanya in future, but I think that outcome would be the same.
This should be much more interesting fight card than previous one for me, but I will have to switch and watch legendary Fedor Emelianenko, that is happening in similar time like this UFC event.
I am very excited for this upcoming MMA weekend!
legendary
October 18, 2021, 04:53:12 AM

Here is another great event because I am only waiting for the Gane VS Ngannou fight, and I think nothing is greater than that, but these two have failed to beat Izzy, and now competing against one another,

Main Card

Middleweight   Paulo Costa   vs.   Marvin Vettori   
Lightweight   Grant Dawson   vs.   Rick Glenn            
Women's Bantamweight   Jessica-Rose Clark   vs.   Joselyne Edwards            
Featherweight   Alex Caceres   vs.   Seung Woo Choi            
Welterweight   Dwight Grant   vs.   Francisco Trinaldo            
Light Heavyweight   Nicolae Negumereanu   vs.   Ike Villanueva      

Preliminary card

Middleweight   Jun Yong Park   vs.   Gregory Rodrigues            
Lightweight   Alan Patrick   vs.   Mason Jones            
Women's Strawweight   Tabatha Ricci   vs.   Maria de Oliveira Neta            
Middleweight   Jamie Pickett   vs.   Laureano Staropoli            
Lightweight   Khama Worthy   vs.   Jai Herbert            
Flyweight   Jeff Molina   vs.   Daniel Lacerda            
Women's Strawweight   Lívia Renata Souza   vs.   Randa Markos   

Info was from wikipedia.
legendary
October 18, 2021, 04:30:00 AM
The guy is just built like a brick shithouse. 42 yo and still actually making sense when fighting. And yes, HW fighters tend to have longer careers than lighter weights, but I always wonder how that many punches to the head will alter him over time. It may not at all, but time will tell if staying so long in the game was a good decision. He might not be sparing any more so maybe he as at least doing that to soften the blow (pun intended)

Or there are few heavyweights in UFC that can show an interesting fight and you can not make tops fight each other often, as they will get tired soon or injured.

I would not say that Arlovski is like a brick. Back in his prime, he often falls asleep after just 1 punch in the jaw. And again, age is nothing. I've already posted here, that Randy Couture became UFC heavyweight champ at the age of 43. Cant imagine Arlovski beating Ngannou or Gane.

But, a lot of respect to this guy!
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 17, 2021, 03:23:33 PM
Arlovski hides an anvil in his beard. As soon as he started to fight the beard, it somehow absorbs damage. He has taken several good punches, but managed to survive. His power in is the beard  Grin

P.s. Main event was kinda boring. This is the rare case when Bellator was way better than UFC event this weekend.

The guy is just built like a brick shithouse. 42 yo and still actually making sense when fighting. And yes, HW fighters tend to have longer careers than lighter weights, but I always wonder how that many punches to the head will alter him over time. It may not at all, but time will tell if staying so long in the game was a good decision. He might not be sparing any more so maybe he as at least doing that to soften the blow (pun intended)
staff
October 17, 2021, 01:59:30 PM
Too early to start talking about the Sugar Show's upcoming fight?  I'm a fan of his knockouts and not sure he's got the overall fighting skills for a real long run in the UFC, but I'm having fun watching him win while it's going.  What do the real UFC fans think?  Does he have what it takes to win this next fight?  Seems like it was a bit of a setup for him to get a win to me, but I'm not all that familiar with the fighter.  It would be great (although unlikely) to see the Sugar Show and Paddy the Baddy go at it someday.  I hope they can both keep winning.
He'll likely never be a champion in my eyes, however he'll definitely be one of the main talked about fighters, just because of his style, and personality. Though, he's probably expected to win the next fight, I wouldn't say he's been fed a easy opponent per say. The last fight you could have definitely made that point with Kris Moutinho, however that turned into a better fighter than most was expecting, at least by the determination of Kris.

I don't know what to make of Sean yet, he's an exciting striker, but we really haven't got to see him tested on the ground. In a pure stand up fight, I'd put money on him all day. Although, I'm still not convinced he's ready for a gunfight, if Kris Moutinho actually was landing back at a decent rate I think he wouldn't have liked it.

He has been somewhat spoon fed so far in my opinion, and I just want to see him in a real tough fight where it's actually competitive, then I'll make my decision on him. At the moment, I feel the hype behind him is talking more than his actual skills. No doubt, one of the better strikers in the game, but his overall skills haven't been tested.
legendary
October 17, 2021, 11:25:28 AM
Nate Landwehr won!  I kneeeww ittt!!!  Yeeesss!!!  And I didn’t pull the trigger of course.  I chickened out from a small bet.  -_-

And Andrew Sanchez was winning the match til he gassed at R3...  Never again.  At least Arlovski won.  Lol.  But look out for Bruno Silva’s next opponent.  If it’s a good wrestler who doesn’t gas, put money on the wrestler.

Andrew Sanchez really gas out but kudos to Bruno Silva for stopping Sanchez from progressing with his takedown and that bad low knee was a great time to just relax and rest, but hitting that part again, I know it is not Sanchez fault but with bad timing, that 1st round was all on low blow, but yes Sanchez is more on the wrestling side and may win if this ends with a decision, that many takedowns that Andrew Sanchez have performed, but yes, I agree Bruno Silva could really lose to a more stamina wrestler, then your bet should be on the wrestler.
legendary
October 17, 2021, 10:15:50 AM
Nate Landwehr won!  I kneeeww ittt!!!  Yeeesss!!!  And I didn’t pull the trigger of course.  I chickened out from a small bet.  -_-

And Andrew Sanchez was winning the match til he gassed at R3...  Never again.  At least Arlovski won.  Lol.  But look out for Bruno Silva’s next opponent.  If it’s a good wrestler who doesn’t gas, put money on the wrestler.
Merit: 535
October 17, 2021, 08:10:20 AM
Arlovski hides an anvil in his beard. As soon as he started to fight the beard, it somehow absorbs damage. He has taken several good punches, but managed to survive. His power in is the beard  Grin
May be Andrei Arlovski grew a bread to hide his chin as some of the fighters were landing it flush and he usually goes down and now with the cover of beard he was able to somehow survive some hard punches Cheesy.

Haha, lol. But Carlos Felipe's "fats" is also protecting him like an armor. Those sidekicks of Arlovski are not that effective while Felipe just shakes it off.  Grin
Felipe has that one shot lights out but at the end of 2nd round he is already breathing heavily and slowing down a bit. Landing a good blow will be difficult if you can't keep up with the speed of your opponent. 10 points differential, it's not that bad but if he have more stamina it could have been different.
The advantage of Andrei Arlovski is that he is having the condition to go all the rounds and Carlos Felipe was not in good condition as he swing wildly and gassed himself out.
legendary
October 17, 2021, 07:42:34 AM
Aspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumont

1st round was all calm and Dumont was keeping their distance with an accurate jab to the face of Ladd, and in this round, Aspen Ladd can not close the distance and many strikes from Dumont keeps on hitting Aspen Ladd's face, but yes Ladd is still conserving her energy as well, ready for the takedowns, But Dumont is making a lead with the Jabs, 2nd round still no luck for Aspen Ladd for her takedown and Dumont had defended Ladd's attempt, now Ladd's coaches are saying to keep up the pace in making a score because right now Dumont has 2 rounds on her, but I think that is not the real gameplay so Norma Dumont is controlling the fight with her jabs, again Aspen Ladd with no success with the takedowns, Ladd, is getting frustrated and her face was brutally hurt because of Dumonts jabs, I think Aspen Ladd is not ready with her debut in the featherweight division, she surely needs to be aggressive and needs to train the explosiveness on her takedown, at first I though that Norma Dumont was the one to go down a division but after realizing it that Aspen Ladd was the one to step on Dumont's territory I am pretty sure Ladd needs a full training and another shot in this division.

Lupita Godinez vs. Luana Carolina

I think Godinez isn't ready yet and needs rest in a while, Gudinez is struggling in taking down Luana Carolina, maybe she is just too tired or Carolina is pretty good with her takedown defense, but that was one terrible fight for Godinez, she should have rest for a while, and not a wise decision in taking Carolina in just under 7 days or 1 week, preparation, well I have lost my bet because of it.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1115
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
October 17, 2021, 06:42:04 AM

P.s. Main event was kinda boring. This is the rare case when Bellator was way better than UFC event this weekend.
Haha, lol. But Carlos Felipe's "fats" is also protecting him like an armor. Those sidekicks of Arlovski are not that effective while Felipe just shakes it off.  Grin
Felipe has that one shot lights out but at the end of 2nd round he is already breathing heavily and slowing down a bit. Landing a good blow will be difficult if you can't keep up with the speed of your opponent. 10 points differential, it's not that bad but if he have more stamina it could have been different.
Jump to: