Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks) - page 11. (Read 10972 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
If you're looking for fame, you will get more media coverage if you call her Asshole.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
The Apple/Goldie thing was a joke, btw. Just making sure not to destroy some innocent life with a post, ha ha..

I have a friend who's mother's name translates literally to "Bring Gold."  Presumably it referred to a hoped for bride price.  She was Chinese, but I forgot what region she was from.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Personally I think it would be detrimental to her and is not a good idea at all.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I wouldnt do it. Currency of all types stirs a lot of emotion in people, good and bad. I'd say it'd cause a lot more problems for her than it will help her in life. Just look at how many wars and fights have been caused by money.

Being a name it'll have all the negatives without having any positives that'll actually help. "gee are you rich from bitcoins?" "no. my parents had one once." --> then either "and it failed and they lost their money but im stuck with the name" or "and it succeeded but they only had one, so good for him but nothing to do with me".  Im all for bitcoins, but as a name I wouldnt.

if you want to hedge your bets it'll work out for her put the bitcoin in a an off line paper wallet and give it to her on her 18th.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
No, I don't see how this could be beneficial for her. Don't do it.

If you want to name her after a sweet asset, I would suggest Apple. Or Goldie.

thanks but I can see the media flooding on this? 'even a middle name?  to help btc?? I have no donations yet..

Ok, if that's your thing, a middle name that's not really mentioned except in the birth certificate or so sounds a bit better.

I would feel like selling my daughter though.

The Apple/Goldie thing was a joke, btw. Just making sure not to destroy some innocent life with a post, ha ha..

Congrats on your little girl!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

thanks but I can see the media flooding on this? 'even a middle name?  to help btc?? I have no donations yet..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@
Pages:
Jump to: