Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks) - page 8. (Read 10972 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Dah Faq is wrong with you dude?

It could be worse....

the thread could be "Baby for sale in bitcoin"

or worse yet: "Baby named Bitcoin for sale for bitcoin"
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
ICO is evil
Dah Faq is wrong with you dude?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Would you have been okay if your parents had named you Microsoft?

Also, there is no way your wife would be okay with this idea.

This is what I was thinking. (unless the mother also happens to bear a bitcoin or QR code tattoo..... in which case, poor little girl)

Someone has to put the brakes on this!

Nah let it go, Can't wait to make a donation to the baby's fake QR code after i see it on tv, like you can't name a baby Bitcoin without the QR code right ? It will be great for Bitcoin no pun intended and I'm sure we could see a $500 dollar rally out of it depending on how the price has been going until the story breaks.

This is what I was thinking. (unless the mother also happens to bear a bitcoin or QR code tattoo..... in which case, poor little girl)

Someone has to put the brakes on this!
legendary
Sounds like a lotta peeps here really ready to name their kid Bitcoin and hoping to dissuade this person from reaping the profits.

LoL its pretty obvious you just change the name after the Hype dies down, you could even just scan and alter the birth certificate and

just let the registrar know if anyone from the media calls that your girl is named bitcoin right, i rekon a photoshopped QR code on the baby pics

will turn you some nice profits too.
legendary
Activity: 1540
If you think naming your child Bitcoin is appropriate, you shouldn't be having a child in the first place.

I'm one of the most inappropriate and crazy people out there and I think naming a child something like that is just being mean so that says a lot lol.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrency is my new obsession

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Girl.. bitcoin? Hmm, maybe.
Name her Satoshi Smiley
legendary
How about changing your own name to bitcoin

Bitcoin Bob sounds better  
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
Getting back to the purpose of this idea, OP wants to create press coverage.

Can anyone think of a better way to create press than naming his daughter Bitcoin?

I think there must about a billion better ideas for press coverage.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
How about changing your own name to bitcoin
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
If you hate your wife and the idea of having a child, *and* have a lot of bitcoins hidden to help pay child-support and alimony, then go ahead and do it. Seriously, it's probably ok to nickname her that because the rally started 9 months ago and brought us all a lot of luck!
Activity: 476
Excellent idea but only if you tattoo her with a QR code for her birthday
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
I would'nt do this..

We dont know how Bitcoin will stand in the future..  And it is a mean of exchange, no good for a name, even a middle name.  Instead, buy some bumper sticker and put them on your car !
Activity: 364
First of all  CONGRATULATIONS!  Nice life changing event.

It's not my place to gabe name suggestions to someones baby,  however I would agree with some others that calling your child something like Bitcoin opens up the flood gates for them being teased later in life.  Imagine if you went to school with  girl name mastercard because he mom was obessed with shopping Smiley .  Imagine if bitcoin killed mastercard one day  ,  go figure!
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Lol @ all the shaming in here. Name your kid what you're gonna name 'er, but you'd better be ready for the backlash if you pick something retarded. Like pretty much any other parenting choice, eh.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Nice thinking, and you could also tattoo a QR code in her forehead so when you get press coverage you can also get donations! And maybe even sell her to a circus after you're done exploiting her! Roll Eyes

Really sad stuff, what kind of person even considers doing that to a child?   AngrySad
*sigh*

Don't name your child Bitcoin.
legendary
Please absolutely don't do that, not even as a middle name! Your child is not responsible for your beliefs and he/she will need to carry it for the entire life. It's a good name for a pet, not for a human being

please, give us a break from your bleeding heart story
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Please absolutely don't do that, not even as a middle name! Your child is not responsible for your beliefs and he/she will need to carry it for the entire life. It's a good name for a pet, not for a human being
Pages:
Jump to: