Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks) - page 4. (Read 10972 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 101
Listen to me, call her something else, and put some Bitcoins aside for her to use when she grows up.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Just name her Satoshi Nakamoto ___________

lol
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
You shouldn't name her Bitcoin. You should give her your first name. Although I'm not sure naming her Dumbass is much better.
wow thanks, I actually already named her, starts with a G and is no where near them but thanks
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
You shouldn't name her Bitcoin. You should give her your first name. Although I'm not sure naming her Dumbass is much better.
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Disrupt the banking system!
Give your daughter a name she can grow up with. Might I suggest, Monica, Erin, Chelsea, Lindsey, Ashley, Alexandra, Christina.. I don't have a kid myself, but those are some names that come to mind.. way better than "bitcoin".
not one donation, even for me not too lol.. its ok everyone I AM NOT NAMING HER THAT!!!

So you where just trying to scam some money off people in pity?

no, just making note, I really wanted to know what people thought, Once sobered up I slapped myself after my wife did lol...
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
not one donation, even for me not too lol.. its ok everyone I AM NOT NAMING HER THAT!!!

So you where just trying to scam some money off people in pity?
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

I just remembered some people who lived in my area in the 20's and 30's.  My area is still pretty backwater now, but even more back in those days.

These people named their kids after the cities the kid was born in, and it formed a record of their migration across the country.  A boy was named 'Baltimore' and went by 'Baldy' (even though he had a pretty good head of hair.)  A girl was named 'Los Angeles' and went by 'Lossy'.

There is no indication that the kids suffered extensive emotional damage on account of their names even though there was at least one newspaper report on the matter.

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
So is anyone going to name their kid Sana or what?
Activity: 275
Would you have been happy if your parents had name you 'Dollar'?

Get a grip man. Giving her bitcoins: yes, cool, go for it. Naming her 'Bitcoin': not so much.

lolz

no do not do it man!
after all bitcoin may never succeed or the next cryptocoin that your grown up girl will use will be something entirely different, with another name!
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
OP you should change your own name to "Bitcoin".
Or if you want less thrills, start off with a bitcoin tattoo and see how you like that. A tattoo is easier is hide.
Activity: 476
Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@
I'm not sure if you are being remotely serious, but this "idea" is so void from logic and sanity I don't even know what to make of it. I will reserve making personal judgements because it's the wrong thing to do, but this is just ridiculous, I can't even take it seriously as a joke.

I genuinely hope you would never consider such a thing, even in jest. I don't care how obsessed you are over the bitcoin phenomenon or how clever you may think it is.

You are 100% correct but for one thing:

" I will reserve making personal judgements because it's the wrong thing to do..."

No, no and no!

We make judgements everyday and making those judgements is precisely the RIGHT thing to do!

In some respects we have become so open-minded that our brains have fallen out!

My $.02.

Wink
Activity: 15
Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@
I'm not sure if you are being remotely serious, but this "idea" is so void from logic and sanity I don't even know what to make of it. I will reserve making personal judgements because it's the wrong thing to do, but this is just ridiculous, I can't even take it seriously as a joke.

I genuinely hope you would never consider such a thing, even in jest. I don't care how obsessed you are over the bitcoin phenomenon or how clever you may think it is.
Activity: 22
Please no!!!!

I agree with Satoshi.
Activity: 10
Please, no.  But honestly, how about Satoshi for a middle name?

I like this answer Cool
Activity: 476
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
Name her coin agnostic like cripta (criptah..) something like that.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
How about Bitbaby.
What about whe she grows up? She won't be a baby forever.
Pages:
Jump to: