Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks) - page 6. (Read 10972 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Don't do it!

I can already think of some jokes she'll face because of her name

Hey bitcoin, let us hash you a little ?
Hey bitcoin , did your transactions grow ?
It is true that you don't know your father?
Do you have a mother or your father got pregnant ?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
you are an inhuman monster. do not do this.

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.

Jesus people, lighten up!  Different cultures use all kinds of things for names.  Yes, it's a bad idea, and probably a troll joke, but it's not that big a deal.  It's just a name.  The kid could use any name she wants when she gets old enough to speak, and she'd probably have a nickname anyway.  God knows how many hippy kids I've known have been given some crazy natural name (e.g., Catkin) and they turned out fine.

If my last name was 'Miner' I'd be sorely tempted to name my kid Bitcoin.  Except that I've never had much interest in mining and the meaning would probably be lost to history by the time the kid is old enough to speak anyway.  If the kid turns out to be a cool person in adulthood she'd probably have fun explaining the name, and the eccentricity of her parents would be self-evident which is also kind of cool.  IMHO.

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.

Jesus people, lighten up!  Different cultures use all kinds of things for names.  Yes, it's a bad idea, and probably a troll joke, but it's not that big a deal.  It's just a name.  The kid could use any name she wants when she gets old enough to speak, and she'd probably have a nickname anyway.  God knows how many hippy kids I've known have been given some crazy natural name (e.g., Catkin) and they turned out fine.

If my last name was 'Miner' I'd be sorely tempted to name my kid Bitcoin.  Except that I've never had much interest in mining and the meaning would probably be lost to history by the time the kid is old enough to speak anyway.  If the kid turns out to be a cool person in adulthood she'd probably have fun explaining the name, and the eccentricity of her parents would be self-evident which is also kind of cool.  IMHO.

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.

I already said I WAS NOT doing it, please send your .02 to my BTC address in my signature, thanks Dutchie.

Well, I only read the OP in which YOU asked the qustion.

I only answered the question you posted.

I would suggest that you seek medical attention for even having considered such a heinous act.

My $.02.

I was drunk, I am considering AA thanks..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.

I already said I WAS NOT doing it, please send your .02 to my BTC address in my signature, thanks Dutchie.

He said fiat, not bitcoin...

The "inhuman monster" one made me laugh.
Activity: 476

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.

Well, I only read the OP in which YOU asked the qustion.

I only answered the question you posted.

I would suggest that you seek medical attention for even having considered such a heinous act.

My $.02.

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.

Thank you for your post!

You are 100% spot on!

My $.02.

Dutchie.
Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@

Now you asked the question so do not blame me for my very well considered reply.

Should you name your child "Bitcoin" it would be my sincere hope that whatever passes for Child Protective Services in your area would immediately remove such child from the home and I would further hope that a Guardian Ad Litem would be appointed to the benefit of the child, that you would be deprived of all parental rights, that the child would be placed in a loving, sane home and renamed to anything which would not brand the child for life as some sort of anomaly.

I would further hope that you would be court ordered for treatment for whatever mental illness that the court psychiatrist finds of which you are possessed as indicated by the fact that you would even consider such a monstorous act.

Hint:

Never ask a question:

(1) To which you do not already know the answer.

(2) The answer to which you think you may not like.

My $.02.

Tongue
Activity: 434
I dont mean to be judgmental, but using your baby as a marketing tool is fucked up.
Activity: 336
If you really loved your child you would have done this.

Lol, best comment ever and a worthy closing word for this thread!
Activity: 321
Merit: 251
If you really loved your child you would have done this.
Ive decided not to, plus wife yelled at me after I suggested it, even as a middle name lol. THanks for all the input though, Im sure someone one day will name their kid that.
Ive decided not to
Ive decided not to

Please stop insulting him. He has already made a decision.

THANK YOU!!! I realize it was dumb, after about 8 beers it sounded ok but I woke up and realized I was an idiot.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Ive decided not to, plus wife yelled at me after I suggested it, even as a middle name lol. THanks for all the input though, Im sure someone one day will name their kid that.
Ive decided not to
Ive decided not to

Please stop insulting him. He has already made a decision.
Activity: 399
Steve / OP,

Solution 1:
You can change your own name to Bitcoin in stead? :-) !
( Just like "Kim Dotcom" did? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom )

Exactly! Change your own name, but for f**** sake don't do this to a child who has no say in the matter.

Tattoo it on your forehead too while your at it. That would make people look twice and gain you some extra (mostly negative) attention.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
If it's a girl, why not just go with Bitcoinica? Wink
Sounds good.
Activity: 70
Arrr why not, crack on then.
Activity: 77
Don't you dare name a child Bitcoin.