Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks) - page 9. (Read 10972 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin sounds like a name pimps and/or strippers might adopt in the future, Id advise against

Activity: 154
Merit: 14
I have no idea why people seem to think that their childs name is some kind of creative space to be filled by their parents.

Call her Doge.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
dont do it. call your dog Bitcoin.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Bitcoin sounds like a name pimps and/or strippers might adopt in the future, Id advise against
legendary
Activity: 1344
Anyone with Bitcoin in their name is a legend Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
Go for it, OP, when she's older she'll appreciate it. That's almost like sharing a common name with a celebrity.

You could also consider getting her a tattoo with a QR code but I would wait with this until she's older and can consent to this.

Would you have been happy if your parents had name you 'Dollar'?

Get a grip man. Giving her bitcoins: yes, cool, go for it. Naming her 'Bitcoin': not so much.

My grandma calls her cat "Dollar", and the cat doesn't seem to be raising any objections.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I have 2 children and figuring out names for them took months.  It's akin to getting a tattoo; you really need to like the idea for a long period of time beforehand, because the novelty will wear off eventually.  Make sure you do not make a foolish decision on a whim.  At the same time you can name you kid whatever you want and all these banned names list are just the nanny state doing it's thing.  

My personal opinion is if you really want to name her after a cryptocurrency then go with Litecoin as it sounds more feminine.
Activity: 868
Merit: 508
Would you have been happy if your parents had name you 'Dollar'?

Get a grip man. Giving her bitcoins: yes, cool, go for it. Naming her 'Bitcoin': not so much.
I'd be happy if my parents gave me the middle name of Billiondollar.

Anyway, I think it's a bad idea. The time span of technology moves way too fast - the likelihood of bitcoin existing as we know it 20 years from now is dismal (not to say it won't succeed, but a lot will change in the next 20 years).
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
If you think naming your child Bitcoin is appropriate, you shouldn't be having a child in the first place.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
What a dumbass!! Why dont u change YOUR name to Btc?!

Omg....
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
call her Milli...
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
Personally I would name her Litecoin and not Bitchcoin...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Please don't do this >_< In fact, where's the mother in all this? I'm surprised she hasn't kicked the shit out of you lol.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174
Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist
shame  shame on you.  exploiting your unborn child  abhorrent

Totally! Like all those spanish speakers naming their kids "Jesus". Thats right, stealing Jesus's thunder. How dare you!

Seriously, who cares. It's not like she won't grow up to be a wonderful person. Her best friends will call her "bit". OP it will be fine. IT's not like you're naming her "dollazzzz". :-)

Too many rum dipped carrots you.
Activity: 95
might seem a nice idea at the beginning, but  naming a child should not be made with an impulsive decision
Activity: 112
Please, no.  But honestly, how about Satoshi for a middle name?

Or nakamoto? Tongue
Activity: 70
do it go on you know it makes sence
Activity: 70
You got to be a troll! Shocked

If not, dont do it! Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Nowww....
IF YOU SAID.....
Im naming my baby boy....
中本哲史
Satoshi Nakamoto

Satoshi already happened a while ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/satoshi-is-born-219039
Pages:
Jump to: