Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks) - page 2. (Read 10972 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Do it, your bitcoin holdings will double without you spending a dime.

I think the reason the OP has received no donations is because he is only "thinking" of naming his baby girl "Bitcoin".  The ultimate name he chooses is up to him, so I don't see why anyone should donate for the guy to name his daughter "Jennifer".
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Do it, your bitcoin holdings will double without you spending a dime.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I cant imagine someone having someones name or last name ending bitcoin.

Its like saying my names is Bob Dollar. lolll.

As for the beneficial part, I dont think there is much.  Tongue

There are a lot of people with the last name of "Dollar".   Just searching yellowpages.com (people finder) pulled up over 100 listings.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I cant imagine someone having someones name or last name ending bitcoin.

Its like saying my names is Bob Dollar. lolll.

As for the beneficial part, I dont think there is much.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Well surprisingly this topic is still around surprised no one mentioned it as just a symbol yet *Just came to use the BTC Symbol* Lol

Vanessa BTC LastName
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
No, I don't see how this could be beneficial for her. Don't do it.

If you want to name her after a sweet asset, I would suggest Apple. Or Goldie.

thanks but I can see the media flooding on this? 'even a middle name?  to help btc?? I have no donations yet..

How utterly fucking revolting.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I think we are "a little bit" far from the topic Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

My $.02.

No one cares about your cents and dollars round here. 

You should because crypto has no value unless converted to real-world or "fiat" currency.

My $.02.

Wink

false.

you can buy goods and services directly with crypto, without ever having to involve "fiat". its a currency in of its own.
Yes, but what LostDutchman is saying is that we still convert (in our minds) to USD or EUR to give BTC prices. This is because Bitcoin's value has changed very quickly and we as humans can't cope with such unstability.
That doesn't mean it's reliant on USD or EUR. USD and EUR could crash to worthless and the value of it could remain the same. That's what i'm saying.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

My $.02.

You should because crypto has no value unless converted to real-world or "fiat" currency.

My $.02.

Wink

false.

you can buy goods and services directly with crypto, without ever having to involve "fiat". its a currency in of its own.
Yes, but what LostDutchman is saying is that we still convert (in our minds) to USD or EUR to give BTC prices. This is because Bitcoin's value has changed very quickly and we as humans can't cope with such unstability.

My $.02.

My $.02.

Wink

false.

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
yes name her doge Grin or Shiba (e) Shocked

no seriously, i think its not a good idea. You don't know what can happen with bitcoin or any coin in the future.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Let's not tho.
I think bitcoin would be great as a middle name. First name gets too much attention.
Activity: 433
Merit: 260
"Hey, Bitcoin, sweetie, will you please come up to the blackboard and solve these differential equations?"

It doesn't really work as a male name, either.

If you are really into this idea, I wouldn't go with that name directly. Would you name your son "Dollar"?

If anything, I'd use a different language to "encode" the Bitcoin name in my baby girl's name. Something that translates as "Bit Coin" but sounds cute when pronounced in English. Or instead of "Bit Coin" the encoded term could be something like "Currency of the future".
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@

bad idea....
Pretty much sums up all responses within the thread. But seriously, how do these ideas pop into people's heads?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@

bad idea....
You should totally do it. Sure it's irresponsible and crazy but fuck, do it!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Interesting that Johnny Cash's classic A Boy Named Sue hasn't entered into the thread yet!

Yes it did.

Look back.

Wink

In the same vein, but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHGV3PhEg5c
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
don't know if anyone has suggested this but you could always have the initials BTC   Bethany Tabatha Caitlyn. Or something like that Smiley that sounds much better

What about don't do that with a child that can't protect herself?

This dad will probably put her to work for him...

What?  Families working together?  Oh, the horror!  I'm sure that such a thing has never happend before else the human race would never have survivied.

If no one has mentioned it on this thread, the book 'Freakenomics' has an extended and very amusing divergence into kids names.  IIRC, 'Bethany' is one of the very common ones in recent times.  One woman named her daughter 'Temptress' as a bit of an accident thinking it was something else and was to lazy to change it.  The name stuck, and the kid (as a teen) actually got in trouble for bringing guys to her room in the apartment for sex.

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
don't know if anyone has suggested this but you could always have the initials BTC   Bethany Tabatha Caitlyn. Or something like that Smiley that sounds much better

What about don't do that with a child that can't protect herself?

This dad will probably put her to work for him...

Pages:
Jump to: