Pages:
Author

Topic: This can be addictive!! - page 29. (Read 3779 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 04:39:19 PM
First thing in the morning I open my eyes and check how things are doing on my cell phone.
It is very addictive. But checking many times daily is not necessary, but I'm still doing it Smiley
Activity: 231
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 04:33:37 PM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.
Search a coin with good and stable price, usually you can find it on top altcoin in coinmarketcap. Don't use your emotion when you trade, it will make you lose more.Always do your own research when buying a certain coin and update your self with your current portfolio so you would know if it is the right time to buy or sell
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
January 26, 2018, 04:27:09 PM
Yeah I agree it's addictive but you should manage your time remember addiction is consider noe as a mind disorder that is base on research. So you take break time to time don't focus your whole day in to crypto go outside for leisure, bonding your family and lastly don't greedy on your profit. Make your time table to work so that you have schedule for the day.
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
January 26, 2018, 04:12:26 PM
Control your emotions as stated: "Good things come to those who wait".
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 26, 2018, 02:58:16 PM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.
It's very addictive I must agree, specially if you are seeing your money is growing inside your wallet. However, there's the problem when the market crashes, you will check the prices and you have been tempted to sell it because your funds is going down as well.

But you have to be emotional strong and control yourself not to push the sell button. Just look at the financial gains later if you going to hold on it. Just keep calm and have patience and I'm sure that you will be happy if you see the price of bitcoin recovered and glad that you made the right decision.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
January 26, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
Crypto is a very addictive thing. My advice to you: don't rush thing and learn more about it. Sometimes it's better to abstain rather than to lose everything

Since you are newbie, you should rush in the forum and outside all here to gather many information buddy. How it is possible to get the knowledge without rushing out for that. So you should be like that. When the projects are not pleasant recent in ICO side. You should increase your knowledge to confirm which one is the best project.
One place trading investment where you should rush to invest on the cryptos. You have to be careful in that.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
January 26, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
Unfortunately, everything is addictive. Many people spend a lot of time on reading about new altcoins or watching exchange rates. I think that many newbies have this problem. i have managed to get over it after some time. Now I use alerts and read news online twice a day or when I am stuck in a traffic jam. At least our addiction has some positive impact on our wallets (in most cases).
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 26, 2018, 02:38:47 PM
When you start to look at blockfolio every 5 minutes then you are classified as an addict! Lots of apps mean it is easy to track of things at all times, both at home and at work Wink but pace yourself, remember the real world. Crypto can be fun but when it all goes red like it has done this past week it is not so fun Sad
The most important thing is to have something outside cryptocurrencies that takes your attention away, if you are a day trader that is going to be very difficult to accomplish but it will need to be done, the problem is this is getting harder to do since people are getting too used to look at a screen all day, they stare a to computers for hours in their job and stare at their smartphones as well when they are looking to entertain themselves.

We know that here lies the money, and we see that money going
from one place to another and we wish to have more and more. I
agree that is highly addictive.
   It is all about the money, without that this would not have much
sense. And value is increasing, so many missed opportunities are
making us to come here more often, and to try more things.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 26, 2018, 02:34:27 PM
When you start to look at blockfolio every 5 minutes then you are classified as an addict! Lots of apps mean it is easy to track of things at all times, both at home and at work Wink but pace yourself, remember the real world. Crypto can be fun but when it all goes red like it has done this past week it is not so fun Sad
The most important thing is to have something outside cryptocurrencies that takes your attention away, if you are a day trader that is going to be very difficult to accomplish but it will need to be done, the problem is this is getting harder to do since people are getting too used to look at a screen all day, they stare a to computers for hours in their job and stare at their smartphones as well when they are looking to entertain themselves.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
January 26, 2018, 02:07:59 PM
Crypto is a very addictive thing. My advice to you: don't rush thing and learn more about it. Sometimes it's better to abstain rather than to lose everything
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
January 26, 2018, 02:01:28 PM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.
I am happy that you actaully took the advise, because there are many people who don't understand the fact that cryptocurrency is a very volitale market and unstable and unpredictibale, and checking the price very seconde is not going to change that, in fact it might lead you to making stupid decesions that you will regret doing in the future, the key to being a good trader is being paitient and not watching the prices all day which is not addictive but also stressfull and not good for your health.
Activity: 308
January 26, 2018, 01:51:52 PM

Now is a very good opportunity to buy coins at a very low price!
Next month the price will rise, you need to wait a little)
Activity: 70
January 26, 2018, 01:41:27 PM
YES the trill is definitely awesome, the hard part is staying strong during the dips! And patience is KEY!
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
January 26, 2018, 01:35:36 PM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.
And that should be our attitude when dealing with our investments. If you are a long term holder, monitoring regularly is not advisable because you might commit unnecessary decisions seeing the price in dips. Its important to have plans with your coins on when to trade it with your target price or set how long you want to hold it.

I understand that there are times its hard to refrain ourselves to monitor the value but this is a good practice to avoid sudden mistakes that can turn out to losses.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
January 26, 2018, 01:14:35 PM
Yes, I agree that crypto can be addictive. I used to spend a lot of my time in crypto every day. Until my family and friends advise me not to be so obsessed. I still check prices a few times everyday but I am having a better balance between life and crypto now.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
January 26, 2018, 01:09:52 PM
I also got into this situation when I started trading months ago. I had too many sleepless nights and it's hard to control emotions. But then you will realize that the market is continuously growing so if you will hold for long term, you will gain great profits especially if the potential of the coin and the platform behind it is high.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
January 26, 2018, 01:08:35 PM

If you like yourself, the best is to stick to investing longterm and for those who advises such, its not because they are not conscious of the happenings around the ceypto world, but because checking regularly would not only give you unnecessary stress, it could also make you take some decision that you would not have ordinarily taken if you had been more relaxed and those decisions are not always the best.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
January 26, 2018, 01:00:55 PM
Woah. Then I'm starting to get addicted in checking the trades. Since it's my first time to earn from a bounty campaign and still waiting for the devs to give my earnings, I always check the price of a specific coin. But before that, a friend told me that this coin reached about $10 per coin so I'm very happy about it. But since the recent news about China, it plummeted to about $4 per coin. Since that day, I always check the trades, hoping that it will rise again to $10.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 12:51:27 PM
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be too says the Bible. In so far as you have invested in this market and knowing the volatility, you will always check on it time after time.

If you feel dependent, you need to form a discipline.
Because excessive stress spends your resources and you can not be effective in the long run.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
January 26, 2018, 11:33:18 AM

just enjoy it, it can be very addict if u reallyy focus on it. make it just a part pf ur job, not a main job. sometime take a look at market, just for reference. cause market always up and down, it can make u depresed if u always follow it.
Pages:
Jump to: