Pages:
Author

Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- ***NEW UPDATES*** - page 10. (Read 12708 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3209
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
any opinions on what type of premium a peeled 1oz gold Titan would bring over and above the current rate of 1oz gold spot price? 

Can you please post photos of front and back of your coin alongside a piece of paper with your username and also todays date as proof of ownership?

Then we can see the condition your coin is in and thus can say what kind of offer we can give?  Thanks!

copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 40
any opinions on what type of premium a peeled 1oz gold Titan would bring over and above the current rate of 1oz gold spot price? 
legendary

I bought a 1BTC 2013 from Titan Mint. I peeled it when Tim replied to me, with bullshit regarding the forks.

Im looking at the coin as i type. Would this even sell at auction?

I am sure it will. You can either do a WTS thread asking for people to PM you for a price offer or an auction.

Start your price at what you think you would want to sell the coin at. Post pictures of the coin front and back by using IMGUR.com

Make sure to also post a pic with proof of ownership by placing your username and date on paper next to the coin.

Read this excellent thread by Satslife about the right way to post and sell here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5277761
Activity: 23
Merit: 3
Somebody  try PM detector on their coins? Like Sigma Metalytics?

I own a pk silver Titan  coin so i do not really care if it is silver.
But gold coin bought from an individual with such a terrible feedback, mmmm i would be cautious and test it.

I bought two gold coins from Tim when he came here a few years back and was selling some gold coins.

All coins were sold without any holograms. I sent them both to MinerJones to confirm they were pure gold.

Both came as gold with no issues. Gotta say I love his coin designs...especially the gold ones.

Too bad this shit is happening.
I bought a 1BTC 2013 from Titan Mint. I peeled it when Tim replied to me, with bullshit regarding the forks.

Im looking at the coin as i type. Would this even sell at auction?
legendary

But gold coin bought from an individual with such a terrible feedback, mmmm i would be cautious and test it.

I bought two gold coins from Tim when he came here a few years back and was selling some gold coins.

All coins were sold without any holograms. I sent them both to MinerJones to confirm they were pure gold.

Both came as gold with no issues. Gotta say I love his coin designs...especially the gold ones.

Too bad this shit is happening.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
[...]this is most likely what i will end up doing, but dont you think if this a "rug pull" its one of the slowest rug pulls of all time? [...]

I get the point, but then again scammers are usually not the brightest folks out there. I think a slow random peel is actually as likely as a coordinated full-sweep.
You can check my yogg-scam reference for some info on how things happened and also some suggestions on how to keep track of funds etc. (see: helpful resources): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61612749
copper member
thank you all, have a great weekend =)
Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
to show how green i am to all this, what would be a good wallet to use to swipe the coin of its btc? i have never swiped a coin before only collected. lol ty

Safest way....I wrote about it a few years ago is this way

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55941150

I have used Mycelium wallet as well

If you use a hot wallet like Mycelium...make sure your computer or cell phone is malware and virus free
Cause if it is infected then it's a race between you and the malware on who sweeps the BTC first

copper member
to show how green i am to all this, what would be a good wallet to use to swipe the coin of its btc? i have never swiped a coin before only collected. lol ty
legendary
i completely understand what you are saying krogothmanhattan, thank you for the response, this is most likely what i will end up doing, but dont you think if this a "rug pull" its one of the slowest rug pulls of all time? i know nothing about this Tim guy and i have read up on this thread but for sure im not saying i know the whole story but from the outside looking in my theory on Tim is maybe he made a mistake and lost files on a hard drive or lost control of his hosting or website, maybe had a health or family issue and thats why everyone with a 2FA got F'd in this situation, have anyone with 2FA coins who had their btc address to their coins posted about their funds being taken off thier coins btc address or are they just not able to access them? (i guess kind of the same thing) and i still wonder if anyone has had their funds taken who had a private key titan coin.   im at a loss on what to do, my coin is graded by Anacs as a MS69 DCAM and i have the COA with it, showings its coin78 out of 100.  what to do , what to do. lol. ty

Why take a chance? Now is the time to sweep your Bitcoin while you still have the chance.

I owned a few Titans and the minute I heard about this I swept.

I sleep better now knowing the Bitcoin is safely in my Trezor.

I also get to keep the coins as well...which I love too.

copper member
i completely understand what you are saying krogothmanhattan, thank you for the response, this is most likely what i will end up doing, but dont you think if this a "rug pull" its one of the slowest rug pulls of all time? i know nothing about this Tim guy and i have read up on this thread but for sure im not saying i know the whole story but from the outside looking in my theory on Tim is maybe he made a mistake and lost files on a hard drive or lost control of his hosting or website, maybe had a health or family issue and thats why everyone with a 2FA got F'd in this situation, have anyone with 2FA coins who had their btc address to their coins posted about their funds being taken off thier coins btc address or are they just not able to access them? (i guess kind of the same thing) and i still wonder if anyone has had their funds taken who had a private key titan coin.   im at a loss on what to do, my coin is graded by Anacs as a MS69 DCAM and i have the COA with it, showings its coin78 out of 100.  what to do , what to do. lol. ty
legendary
good day, asking the OG's of this page a question, so i bought 2. 1oz. gold titans with private keys several years ago,  besides there being obvious issues with the 2FA coins (and i feel so bad for those people who own them =(   has anyone had issues with not being able to redeem private key coins or noticed that the funds have been taken off of them without consent of the owners of the coins, im on the fence about what to do with these, peel them or leave them in their Anacs cases.  thank you all for your help, knowledge  and opinions.  rs.

If I were you you...I would peel right away! With what has happened with Titan why take the chance of losing your btc?

We are not talking about $100 here, but over $60000 in BTC.

Better to have the Bitcoin safely in your hardware wallet and a collectable coin, (yes peeled) than to lose your BTC and just have the gold coin!

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
good day, asking the OG's of this page a question, so i bought 2. 1oz. gold titans with private keys several years ago,  besides there being obvious issues with the 2FA coins (and i feel so bad for those people who own them =(   has anyone had issues with not being able to redeem private key coins or noticed that the funds have been taken off of them without consent of the owners of the coins, im on the fence about what to do with these, peel them or leave them in their Anacs cases.  thank you all for your help, knowledge  and opinions.  rs.

To my knowledge none of the PK coins have been affected... so far....  I wouldn't take a chance.
I would 100% crack the slabs and peel the coins.
Any premium that may have been there in the past is now gone due to the actions of the maker.
This.*

Not one of the OGs here, but here's my take anyway: if you read up on the yogg issue it's a very clear lesson that not acting when trust is already damaged will most likely lead to financial loss and lots of head- and maybe even heartache.
So it's your choice ofc, personally I don't think it's black and white, most two important things to consider for me are
a) How much would the loss of the funds on the items affect your financial situation? Is it less than 1% of your liquidity or is it maybe 10 or even 50%+? [Don't answer me, just for yourself to think about.]
b) Given previous experience and current behaviour of the maker, how likely is it that they can be trusted NOW?

Just try to make a rational decision, don't keep coins unpeeled because of sentimental value, unless an untouched hologram really outweighs the potential monetary loss for you.

Given the recent lessens learnd with the yoggup and the way this Tim guy communicates (or rather doesn't) and the total neglect to keep the fundamentals of his business, incl. the 2fa-redeeming service running on his website don't leave much hope imho.

*Except I think premiums did clearly take a hit but are not fully void.
Even coldscamkeys still have some collector value, even if peeled, sweeped or otherwise just trust-fucked.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 3591
good day, asking the OG's of this page a question, so i bought 2. 1oz. gold titans with private keys several years ago,  besides there being obvious issues with the 2FA coins (and i feel so bad for those people who own them =(   has anyone had issues with not being able to redeem private key coins or noticed that the funds have been taken off of them without consent of the owners of the coins, im on the fence about what to do with these, peel them or leave them in their Anacs cases.  thank you all for your help, knowledge  and opinions.  rs.

To my knowledge none of the PK coins have been affected... so far....  I wouldn't take a chance.
I would 100% crack the slabs and peel the coins.
Any premium that may have been there in the past is now gone due to the actions of the maker.
copper member
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I reached out to Tim on March 14th via the email he sent me when I originally purchased the coin(s), just before I found this thread.

He responded on March 16th, saying:

Hi,

Can you provide the coin IDs?  I'm sure you know the website is down right now and has been for some time, so if you have 2FA coins we'll need to redeem them manually.  Private keys coins can be redeemed in most wallets without our involvement.

Tim

I responded immediately with the info he requested, plus a few follow-ups, but I haven't heard from him since.

Thank you for sharing this. I feel for all of you whom have skin in the game with these nonsense 2FA coins. In building a case against Tim, I’d say it’s pretty damn clear at this point he’s a proven scammer and in my opinion this 2FA ordeal was either a scam from the start or set up to become one if they so chose to (for whatever reason, which is of course besides the point).

Everyone keep fighting to hold him accountable.
Activity: 18
Merit: 4
I reached out to Tim on March 14th via the email he sent me when I originally purchased the coin(s), just before I found this thread.

He responded on March 16th, saying:

Hi,

Can you provide the coin IDs?  I'm sure you know the website is down right now and has been for some time, so if you have 2FA coins we'll need to redeem them manually.  Private keys coins can be redeemed in most wallets without our involvement.

Tim

I responded immediately with the info he requested, plus a few follow-ups, but I haven't heard from him since.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I emailed all required redemption info they asked for to a couple different emails I had for Tim and the titan team over a month ago and never got a response. Fortunately the coin I peeled to test this process with is still funded but figured I'd post here to let everyone know I tried

Unbelievable ( well I guess not really).  So they moved the coins they apparently didn't have access to, to another wallet so they clearly have them, yet they are pulling this nonsense.  One month is more than enough time to get back to you at least with a response.  Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated on the situation if you don't mind bud.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried to go through the "new" redemption process.  Also if there's any update with getting law enforcement of some kind involved.
copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
I emailed all required redemption info they asked for to a couple different emails I had for Tim and the titan team over a month ago and never got a response. Fortunately the coin I peeled to test this process with is still funded but figured I'd post here to let everyone know I tried
Pages:
Jump to: