Pages:
Author

Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- ***NEW UPDATES*** - page 12. (Read 12708 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I own one titan BTC with priv key afixed to the coin. Read some of you guys so understood it was a scam.
Does this also affect non 2FA coin or did the guy just scammed all customers?

Last check ive made 1 year ago show the coin was funded with 1 BTC.

As far as I know there are no know issues (so far!) with private-key coins.
I'd also recommend you download an address tracker software, so you can have your public keys checked by just looking in your app.

For iOS: https://satpile.com/
Android: https://samouraiwallet.com/sentinel

Ty, really appreciate

I saw that BTCcollector19 redeemed a priv key coin loaded with 0.01 BTC not so far ago.

Sorry  for this question but never heard of address tracking sofware. I guess it work with the coin id number and i don't have any access to it right now (and a least not before a big couple of month)

If it were me, I’m redeeming any I own. I know some people don’t like that I’m saying this as it’s devaluing the coins (not necessarily me alone but as a collective of those who recommend doing the same thing). I don’t think any of us trust Tim at this point (why the hell should we), so me personally I’m not trusting that he doesn’t have copies of the private keys. I’m especially encouraging this if you’ve got a higher amount such as 1BTC. Once you peel them, they will still have collector value/premium, plus you ensure you own that bitcoin and not have to hope that the shady creator doesn’t rug pull. Just my two Satoshis.

If Tim is as evil as ppl says, then it makes no sense to rob 2FA and not the whole bag. My guess is PK stickers were made by a subcontractor (as the physical coin too). The guy then put the stickers on the coins then sold them. Tim have no access to PK for non 2FA coins!!!
Quite confident with that.

Anyway, i have the code available on the certificate (7 or 8 digits) but not the public key (and site is down)!

Activity: 599
Merit: 272
They are still cool coins and interesting collector's pieces as a part of bitcoin history, but they are definitely "tainted" by scandal now. I would definitely redeem any Titan coins even if they were privkey. I mean can you even tell? I didn't even know my coin was 2FA until I unpeeled it.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I own one titan BTC with priv key afixed to the coin. Read some of you guys so understood it was a scam.

I'd also recommend you download an address tracker software, so you can have your public keys checked by just looking in your app.

Ty, really appreciate

I saw that BTCcollector19 redeemed a priv key coin loaded with 0.01 BTC not so far ago.

Sorry  for this question but never heard of address tracking sofware. I guess it work with the coin id number and i don't have any access to it right now (and a least not before a big couple of month)

If it were me, I’m redeeming any I own. I know some people don’t like that I’m saying this as it’s devaluing the coins (not necessarily me alone but as a collective of those who recommend doing the same thing). I don’t think any of us trust Tim at this point (why the hell should we), so me personally I’m not trusting that he doesn’t have copies of the private keys. I’m especially encouraging this if you’ve got a higher amount such as 1BTC. Once you peel them, they will still have collector value/premium, plus you ensure you own that bitcoin and not have to hope that the shady creator doesn’t rug pull. Just my two Satoshis.

Ty, really appreciate

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.

Activity: 354
Merit: 23
  Keep in mind that statute of limitations on federal crime is 5 years. Since there isn't really a hard date that the theft occurred. Make sure its presented as an ongoing crime and not something that happened prior to 2018

From my perspective, the theft took place the moment Tim swept the bitcoin from my 2FA Coin to another wallet that I have no access to.  And according to the blockchain, that took place 2022-11-16 03:12:04.

Here is the address my bitcoin was swept to: bc1qx6u6v7xxx9q7l42wr3vx6e28c2ftkj8220vruu. 

If you search that address (here ya go--https://www.walletexplorer.com/address/bc1qx6u6v7xxx9q7l42wr3vx6e28c2ftkj8220vruu), mine is one of the 117 ~1BTC transactions in this list.  My guess is that these are all 2FA coins that where swept on November 16th, 2022.  Prior to that, we didn't have "access" to our bitcoin...but it wasn't stolen.  Now...it's stolen.  Game on mother fucker.  Excuse my three martini French.  Wink

copper member
Activity: 952
Merit: 397
Did someone contact the FBI? They have a whole division dedicated to Crypto crime. Id say also, that most BTC theft originates from oversees so the FBI's hands are tied and its difficult to get resolution. But in this case since most of the victims and the suspect are on US soil it may get bumped up to priority.

I am driving to the San Diego FBI field office tomorrow.  I live about an hour north.  If anyone else is interested in joining me, drop me a PM.

I contacted a crypto-tracing company called Cipher Blade and spoke with them about tracking our stolen bitcoin.  They said they could, but are generally hired by a law firms and used as subject matter expert witnesses in court cases.  They advised me to go to an FBI field office directly and forego the IC3 website, but only if it was convenient.  And in my case, it definitely is.  Otherwise, just file online.

This is great. I just googled and found a field office really close to where I'm at, too (northern California). I might be able to pop by on Friday.
  Keep in mind that statute of limitations on federal crime is 5 years. Since there isn't really a hard date that the theft occurred. Make sure its presented as an ongoing crime and not something that happened prior to 2018
Activity: 18
Merit: 4
Did someone contact the FBI? They have a whole division dedicated to Crypto crime. Id say also, that most BTC theft originates from oversees so the FBI's hands are tied and its difficult to get resolution. But in this case since most of the victims and the suspect are on US soil it may get bumped up to priority.

I am driving to the San Diego FBI field office tomorrow.  I live about an hour north.  If anyone else is interested in joining me, drop me a PM.

I contacted a crypto-tracing company called Cipher Blade and spoke with them about tracking our stolen bitcoin.  They said they could, but are generally hired by a law firms and used as subject matter expert witnesses in court cases.  They advised me to go to an FBI field office directly and forego the IC3 website, but only if it was convenient.  And in my case, it definitely is.  Otherwise, just file online.

This is great. I just googled and found a field office really close to where I'm at, too (northern California). I might be able to pop by on Friday.

copper member
Did someone contact the FBI? They have a whole division dedicated to Crypto crime. Id say also, that most BTC theft originates from oversees so the FBI's hands are tied and its difficult to get resolution. But in this case since most of the victims and the suspect are on US soil it may get bumped up to priority. Plus they are not hampered by state lines and have extra resources to track him down. I do think someone should organize a list of US victims, total losses for each person, contact info, a written synopsis of everything that happened, and  most recent suspect info. Id start calling them immediately or go down to local field office before statute of limitations expires.

THE ABOVE.

Additionally, what I think makes this case different that just 'cyber crime' is that we have actual physical products with an ascribed cyber value. His actual signature is on the certificates of authenticity, as well...
  The evidence is overwhelming. I would imagine its a slam dunk. A lot of times the theft to the btc wallet is hard to tie to the theif. In this case money was held by his company and held hostage by his website. The FBI wants to close cases.  They are reluctant  to spend resources on a case that may never get solved. But in this case once evidence is presented they will see it can be solved. Im confident they will look into it.
Did someone contact the FBI? They have a whole division dedicated to Crypto crime. Id say also, that most BTC theft originates from oversees so the FBI's hands are tied and its difficult to get resolution. But in this case since most of the victims and the suspect are on US soil it may get bumped up to priority. Plus they are not hampered by state lines and have extra resources to track him down. I do think someone should organize a list of US victims, total losses for each person, contact info, a written synopsis of everything that happened, and  most recent suspect info. Id start calling them immediately or go down to local field office before statute of limitations expires.

THE ABOVE.

Additionally, what I think makes this case different that just 'cyber crime' is that we have actual physical products with an ascribed cyber value. His actual signature is on the certificates of authenticity, as well...
copper member
You two have said your peace, now please let’s move on. If you want to continue to discuss your issues with each other, please do so privately via DM.  More and more victims of Titan mint continue to find this thread and its important that we keep everything completely on topic. You guys have gone through all this multiple times now..please guys.

@everyone.. I think a good course of action at this point is to draw up a summary of what happened, and where everything currently stands. I will add this to the OP so that when new people come in, they can easily find out what’s going on without having to go through 20+ pages. If anyone is willing to assist with this, that of course would be very helpful!

Can we possibly put it all in a new thread? Maybe top post could be the summary and useful info? I can help if necessary...DM and I'll give it a go.

What I would propose is creating some sort of list of all affected...I know I only created my account *yesterday*, so I don't expect anyone to trust me, but I can create a google form or something if y'all want so we can gather some contact details and know who has a vested stake and the scope of the actual issue. I spoke with a lawyer today as well and I think having an actual summary and being able to put some numbers to the issue might be able to build some momentum...
Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
I mentioned this many pages ago but will bring it up again here since this thread is so voluminous.

Small claims court is a short cut or a 'hack' to many complicated legal processes; maybe in this case one person taking a small claim against Tim could be the first stone turned to get something rolling. Ultimately the FBI, FinCen a class action and everyone else could be involved in this but it is slow, costly and hard to actually get this trainwreck rolling towards any resolution at all. A win in small claims court could be something to start some momentum.

Anyone with a claim of $10,000 or less can present to a small claims court and the court will hear it. Small claims are manageable without a lawyer, in fact a lawyer is not allowed to assist in court. Most victims of the Titan fiasco are accounting for losses above $10,000 (full Titans and half titans); however someone with a 1-3 2FA tenths could take Tim to small claims court and he would be required to plead his defense.

Here is a guide on California Small Claims Court:

Small claims basics
Small claims court allows you to sue a person, business, or government agency that you think owes you money. Generally, you can only sue for up to $10,000 in small claims court (or up to $5,000 if you’re a business). You can ask a lawyer for advice before you go to court, but you can't have one with you in court.

Calendar
How long to go to court. Once you file papers to start a case, you typically have a court date (trial) in about 1-2 months.

There are some limits on small claims
You can’t have a lawyer represent you.
You have to collect the money if you win your case. The court does not do it for you. (My note - With a win in court you can seek help of the Sheriff to garner wages or place a lien on property if the defendant is still unwilling to pay)
If you started the case, you can't appeal if you lose your case. The judge’s decision is final. You can appeal if you are sued, or the other side sues you back, and you lose.

That's unfortunate news but I would suggest you INSIST they take the police report even if they don't assess that the DA will act at this time, and reference FINSEC case #883150 for theft and fraud via unlicensed money transmission service. Tell them that it was an actual physical product that you were sold, by a registered Califoria LLC, not an "internet crime", per se. What you were sold technically was also a fraudulent security and/or money transmitter service, which is why we should keep hammering at FINSEC to take action also. I'm still open to the idea of a class-action civil suit also, but it will be much better for the civil suit if we can get criminal indictments and regulatory action against Tim / Titan first.

Well, good point.  I'll admit, I just sort of rolled over when the officer stopped me in the middle of my explanation.  I'll try again with some of the information you just mentioned.  Thanks.

I spoke with the La Habra Police Department today and as soon as I mentioned Bitcoin theft they told me they do not handle cyber-crimes and referred me to the FBI.  Ugh.

That's unfortunate news but I would suggest you INSIST they take the police report even if they don't assess that the DA will act at this time, and reference FINCEN case #883150 for theft and fraud via unlicensed money transmission service. Tell them that it was an actual physical product that you were sold, by a registered Califoria LLC, not an "internet crime", per se. What you were sold technically was also a fraudulent security and/or money transmitter service, which is why we should keep hammering at FINCEN to take action also. I'm still open to the idea of a class-action civil suit also, but it will be much better for the civil suit if we can get criminal indictments and regulatory action against Tim / Titan first.

Well...I have some unfortunate, though not unsurprising, news.

I spoke with the La Habra Police Department today and as soon as I mentioned Bitcoin theft they told me they do not handle cyber-crimes and referred me to the FBI.  Ugh.

So here are the FBI Internet Crimes Division websites again:
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber
https://www.ic3.gov/

I will file a report later today and suggest everyone do the same, if you haven't done so already.

@everyone.. I think a good course of action at this point is to draw up a summary of what happened, and where everything currently stands. I will add this to the OP so that when new people come in, they can easily find out what’s going on without having to go through 20+ pages. If anyone is willing to assist with this, that of course would be very helpful!

I think that's a great idea and it can act as a repository of leads and information related to Titan Mint and Tim Fillmore.  I will include this forum post in my report to the FBI so they will have access to all the information we have gather so far.

You two have said your peace, now please let’s move on. If you want to continue to discuss your issues with each other, please do so privately via DM.  More and more victims of Titan mint continue to find this thread and its important that we keep everything completely on topic. You guys have gone through all this multiple times now..please guys.

Agreed.  We all appreciate the help and input of everyone, but hopefully the new post could remain free of personal conflict messages for the good of the community and those affected.  It just cloudies and confuses the issue.  Someone please be the bigger person and break the cycle.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

Here's another rundown in simplified terms of what happened:

2016: I try to redeem a Titan Coin. It has no privkey! Only a 2FA linked to a password/email I have no access to. Turns out Tim sold this coin to a member of this forum but never funded it! It was status "Not Yet Funded". Tim explains, his database of "redeemed" tokens is corrupted and blah blah blah whatever other bullshit. I say, "Hey Tim, I think you are scamming and I called the police". Tim tries to pay me off to stay quiet, unsuccessfully.

2022: Rando psycho stalker MoparMiningLLC shows up "hey I think it was all a big misunderstanding guys." I say, who the fuck are you, Tim's friend? I'm gonna add your name to the police report as accomplice. MoparMiningLLC screams "No, I doxxed Tim at his house and harassed his mother! I'm calling my lawyer because you accused me of a crime!"

2022: Many other people show up, robbed by Tim. I help them find the right place to file a police report and I contact FINCEN and get them to start an investigation of Tim for running an unlicensed money transmitter business. MoparMiningLLC shows up again to slander me and I remind everyone he is an accomplice.

lol
Pages:
Jump to: