Pages:
Author

Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- ***NEW UPDATES*** - page 4. (Read 12708 times)

Activity: 1101
Merit: 512

I'm lucky enough to hold a real one.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
still not gonna peel mine, I'm sure most others agree.  No issues with non-2fa coins. Whoever chose to buy the 2fa's made a poor decision. he didn't keep keys and sweep funds. Maybe i'm so used to seeing scams in crypto that this doesn't seem like anything at all to me, hahaha.

I don't believe Tim is a scammer, I don't believe it was ever his intention to scam. But if you leave your funds in anyone else's hands, things can happen.

I don't believe "most others" would agree. Quite the opposite actually.
Personally, with the experience gathered over the last few months and years (regarding other crypto scammers who had such a great reputation and surely wouldn't hurt a fly) I would advise anyone to strongly consider peeling or bearing in mind that the crypto funds stored on the priv-key coins should be considered "at risk", meaning only don't peel if you can live with the potential loss.

You can believe whatever you want. There is a mountain of evidence that Tim acted in harmful ways towards his customers, putting funds at risk, losing funds, lying over a period of more than 6 years etcetc. If you want to trust such a person, all I have to say is you are very naive.
How can you say "he didn't keep keys"? - Yes, possibly not, I really hope so. But you cannot know this, and given all things that happened so far it also seems like a possibility.

Full disclaimer, I still own one of his lowest denom priv-key coins and haven't peeled yet, just because I hate destroying a collectible and also *HOPE* the funds will not be sweped. However, at this point I would mostly blame myself if I end up losing the funds and I am still most likely going to peel it soon, as much as it saddens me to do so.

Also... what ChiBitCTy and owlcatz said.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
still not gonna peel mine, I'm sure most others agree.  No issues with non-2fa coins. Whoever chose to buy the 2fa's made a poor decision. he didn't keep keys and sweep funds. Maybe i'm so used to seeing scams in crypto that this doesn't seem like anything at all to me, hahaha.

I don't believe Tim is a scammer, I don't believe it was ever his intention to scam. But if you leave your funds in anyone else's hands, things can happen.

There’s nothing to believe or not believe, he stole funds from people, over a million dollars worth. You also don’t know if he kept the PK’s or not. He kept the 2FA PK’s, what’s to say he didn’t keep these? You trust this guy..Lol okay then.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Here's the rub... He lost those coins to Mt. Gox... WAAAAAY before selling any of the 2017 series etc etc..

That's just fucked to me... It reminds me of Yogg... "Oh, hai, just honest dude here, but keep trying to catch up"! when you aren't being honest about the hole you are in.  

Fuck Dat.  Grin
Activity: 107
Merit: 15
still not gonna peel mine, I'm sure most others agree.  No issues with non-2fa coins. Whoever chose to buy the 2fa's made a poor decision. he didn't keep keys and sweep funds. Maybe i'm so used to seeing scams in crypto that this doesn't seem like anything at all to me, hahaha.

legendary
I should also add I have now received the 0.4574 BTC from titan for my unfunded (2fa) 1BTC silver coin as well.

Thanks for sharing. Afaik you are the first to confirm this. With the known caveat of 45 cents on the dollar, this is the first 2fa coin I know of to be redeemed in years. I know others are in the process of looking over and signing the required waivers.

I just successfully redeemed two coins as well. 45 cents on the dollar. glad to be done with this mess.

I'm glad to hear this.  This is of course what this thread has been all about, helping people get their money (albeit at a fraction of what it should actually be).

Is there still no one who can share what was discussed on the second webinar? Would be really helpful if someone had a recording, I know (or belive) Tim said he would have recording of each one available...
Activity: 18
Merit: 4
I should also add I have now received the 0.4574 BTC from titan for my unfunded (2fa) 1BTC silver coin as well.

Thanks for sharing. Afaik you are the first to confirm this. With the known caveat of 45 cents on the dollar, this is the first 2fa coin I know of to be redeemed in years. I know others are in the process of looking over and signing the required waivers.

I just successfully redeemed two coins as well. 45 cents on the dollar. glad to be done with this mess.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Regarding the Private Key (non-2FA funds) coins..you are INSANE to think those funds are safe and sound.  Tim has beyond proven he can't be trusted.  If you want to say a hope and a prayer that those coins will be there when it comes time to peel..by all means, just keep in mind you're insane (IMHO) for doing so. 

Also, there HAVE been issues with PK keys, as not all of them were actually even funded. 

Again..why trust him?  But hey, it's your own money, do with it what you want. 

this has been addressed -  the 2fa coins funds were at risk because Tim held the funds - they were never loaded to the coins until someone went to redeem them.

for the pk ones, the coins were loaded directly - those that were not were ones that where the recipient never confirmed it or the coins were "lost" in shipping.

with no other issues around pk coins, I would say they are most like safe - that said, would I risk it? nah, I would peel as well.
legendary
Regarding the Private Key (non-2FA funds) coins..you are INSANE to think those funds are safe and sound.  Tim has beyond proven he can't be trusted.  If you want to say a hope and a prayer that those coins will be there when it comes time to peel..by all means, just keep in mind you're insane (IMHO) for doing so. 

Also, there HAVE been issues with PK keys, as not all of them were actually even funded. 

Again..why trust him?  But hey, it's your own money, do with it what you want. 
Activity: 4
Merit: 3

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Activity: 5

It was theoretical question  Wink  btw - is there quick way to tell pk vs 2fa coin on first glance ?  And Thx again for sharing knowledge that couldn’t be found anywhere else !

Just spoke with Tim as it happens. He said that if you have the Item # from your order and it ends in PK, that's a private key coin. Up to you what you want to do with that info of course.

I peeled mine (which was a PK) anyway and transferred the funds away to be on the safe side. I kind of regret it now, because it worked - it was fully funded. But I would have regretted it more if I didn't do it now, and when I tried later it didn't work. So it is what it is - at least I know where I stand now.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
personally I think the PK ones are fine as they were loaded and I believe he did not keep the keys.

the 2fa on the other hand - I believe those were never "funded" until you redeemed them - so those funds were in Titan's control and thus they misused those funds - in the way that Tim has already stated.

They totally mismanaged 2fa funds - there is a way to have done it properly where the funds would also have been safe.

Titan also profited in this method as when you would redeem the 2fa, you got the bitcoin at the time of redemption, not from the time of purchase. This allowed Titan to also be able to keep all the forks.

He should have stayed with PK coins.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Good to know. Thanks 4 sharing your feedback.

AFAIK, nobody has seen any issues with PK funded coins, but better safe than sorry.

If I'm not mistaken, this guy has admitted serious crimes on a webinar. lmfao. wtf... Huh

Made the point months ago : there is no reason for the PK coins to be hacked in the future. If it has not  happened with bitcoin at 60k-70k, why the hell should i be concerned now?
A few remember that a 1 BTC Titan was around 600 USD a few yeaars ago.
Pretending this PK coins are unsure is quite weird  regarding they have passed the test of time ie 600 to 60kUSD.

Feedback from PK owners are more than welcome
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

AFAIK, nobody has seen any issues with PK funded coins, but better safe than sorry.

If I'm not mistaken, this guy has admitted serious crimes on a webinar. lmfao. wtf... Huh
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
What a wild turn of events.

Anyways in case anyone cares I'll also throw my hat in here and say I redeemed a PK 2017 0.1BTC Titan coin recently with no issue whatsoever. I hated cracking the slab and peeling the hologram as I really loved the coin but didn't want to risk it. At least I secured the sats.

legendary

Anyways in case anyone cares I'll also throw my hat in here and say I redeemed a PK 2017 0.1BTC Titan coin recently with no issue whatsoever. I hated cracking the slab and peeling the hologram as I really loved the coin but didn't want to risk it. At least I secured the sats.

It just not worth the risk.  I am glad to see Tim doing what he's doing now, at least he's attempting to correct his wrongdoings, but he fucked over a lot of people, and has obviously shown he absolutely can't be trusted.  I think anyone not redeeming their Ttitan PK coins are nuts.  I know a lot of collectors here are filthy rich and the loss of the btc wouldn't hurt them in any manner, but still..it gets taken that's money that could have gone to a charity or something.  Obviously for those that would take a big hit if they lost their Titan PK bitcoins, it's just a no brainer.  This hobby is taking a turn and I wish people would wake up to that (not that many haven't). 

Anyone join the webinar yesterday.  Has anyone gotten a link to the recording?  Please share if you've got any info!
Activity: 13

Activity: 18
Merit: 4
Hey guys...I hear both of your frustrations with each other, but this topic is supposed to be here to help provide information to those who really need it.  This back and forth thing makes it tougher to read through and get that information.  I'm thinking about the new guy who just found this forum/topic, as well as those of us following it closely.  For the good of the community, can we call a truce or just chill a bit or take it to pm's? 

Thanks gents.  Wink

I second this...please take it to PM's so we don't have to wade through this to get the information we're looking for
Activity: 599
Merit: 272
Hey, I'm the original victim of Tim Fillmore who uncovered his fraud.

I found out that Tim had a "corrupted database" of which 2FA coins were funded, when he refused to fund my "not yet funded" coin. I went to the police and notified the other users of this site, and refused to take a payout from Tim at that time, as the dispute was over $400 worth of bitcoin, I wanted to see it play out in criminal or civil courts rather than take a payoff from Tim, whom I considered to be a scammer. I didn't want to take a payout which could later turn into a legal / financial liability. Consider if I took that 1btc payout from Tim back in 2016 and then he goes to criminal trial in 2028 over a $1.5B fraud charge, and I am asked to "claw back" part or all of my payment. I would have essentially unlimited liability. So I opted to wait for the police and the courts to make a decision, and I'm still doing that.

I have posted the web URL address of the FINSEC complaint form and the FBI cybercrime complaint form and also turned people towards the local La Habra Police department, for help.

MoparMiningLLC has, on the other hand, filled pages and pages with harassment, of me, personally. I'm the original victim of this scam who warned everyone else, and he has admittedly SINGLED ME OUT, for abuse and harassment. Think about that. That's what an accomplice to the scam would do.

I didn't post any addresses to this forum, MoparMiningLLC did. I didn't try to settle any scores in person outside of the law, MoparMiningLLC did. This is a guy who wants to be in the escrow business.

So, for future reference:

DON'T TAKE MONEY FROM TIM FILLMORE or you could face UNLIMITED FINANCIAL LIABILITY to "clawback" in criminal and civil courts in the future, when he is inevitably indicted, arraigned, and tried for this scam.

DO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH SEC, FINSEC, THE FBI, AND THE LA HABRA POLICE DEPARTMENT, naming Tim Fillmore for interstate wire fraud, grand theft by fraud, money laundering, and running an unauthorized money transmitter business.

DONT GIVE MoparMiningLLC your physical address, because he might dox you or show up at your house. Mopar, I'm not going to shut up about you. As I have said I am going to fucking haunt you forever and tell everyone I can that you are a scammer low-life POS and an accomplice to the Titan Mint Scam. Just keep commenting here, to remind me to go to another one of your escrow threads and call you a scammer again.
Pages:
Jump to: