Pages:
Author

Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- ***NEW UPDATES*** - page 3. (Read 12708 times)

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
FYI to all - I was able to redeem the Titan BTC PK version I was initially trying to auction on this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62592650

https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/addresses/btc/1N2iTvqupttDDUHtfnRLFwtrWM7p4mfUb

Yep. Not too surprised, never been an issue with PK coins, just the 2FA so far(?)
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
FYI to all - I was able to redeem the Titan BTC PK version I was initially trying to auction on this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62592650

https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/addresses/btc/1N2iTvqupttDDUHtfnRLFwtrWM7p4mfUb
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
I can confirm that Tim did pay me at the stated percentage from his presentation for 9 2FA coins. I just no longer could justify waiting and hoping that Titan would come across more funds and be able to reimburse at a higher value.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3209
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Ohhhh-kayyy guys... Help?
It seems I messed up and I'd like to know how much. And yes, I've been (repeatedly) warned.

I've recently bought a 2014 Titan Tenth:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-2014-titan-tenth-01-btc-alloy-pk-private-key-version-5466987

As a response to my questions during the auction the original owner sent a screenshot (still there) with public address of the coin. I know screenshots can be easily faked, but under the circumstances it seemed like a best available option and I pulled the trigger. Thing is I always liked the Titans design, always wanted one and as a result I've been less than properly cautious.

It took some time, but I finally properly checked the address. And yes, funds are there, but the funding transaction is actually from 2017. Again, it's 2014 Titan.
Otherwise the tx kinda seems related, next unspent funds are again used to fund precisely 0.1 and so forth (as opposed to funding more coins in one tx).
Coin, holo and CoA seem otherwise alright and intact.

Best case scenarios I could come up were that the coin was funded just before the sale and it was sold late, but according to CoA it's no. 47 - that should not have to wait 3 years to be sold.
Other was it might be one of the peeled and "restored" coins as in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reopening-orders-titan-mint-gold-coins-2014-and-2016-5210516 but seems unlikely since it's just ordinary alloy coin.

Or the screenshot is fake and that public address is simply for some other 2017 Titan or even totally unrelated.
One way or another it doesn't look good. I can live with the loss and I'm not peeling (not that it would even help without real public address anyway), yet I'd love to hear alternate theories please.
So, how fucked I am in your opinion..?

Appears just to be a late funded coin
Numerous makers fund coins after their creation dates. This usually happens due to some kind of distribution/sales agreement between the maker and seller.
There are Casascius coins out there that were funded in 2016 even they were stopped being made in 2013

Thats one thing I do not like about different loading dates....if a coin is marked for a certain year then the loaded Bitcoin should match that year. That my personal preference when I buy collectables period. I do not like to have a coin minting date be different than the loading date of the bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 285
Merit: 56
That's actually what I'm still very much hoping for, only seemed to me a little weird that such low number should be sold/loaded so late. Probably should have phrased that post differently, I was just running all the options that occured to me after I looked at that date (while being already a bit paranoid about Titans due to this thread).

Numerous makers fund coins after their creation dates. This usually happens due to some kind of distribution/sales agreement between the maker and seller.
There are Casascius coins out there that were funded in 2016 even they were stopped being made in 2013
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 3591
It seems I messed up and I'd like to know how much. And yes, I've been (repeatedly) warned.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-2014-titan-tenth-01-btc-alloy-pk-private-key-version-5466987

As a response to my questions during the auction the original owner sent a screenshot (still there) with public address of the coin. I know screenshots can be easily faked, but under the circumstances it seemed like a best available option and I pulled the trigger. Thing is I always liked the Titans design, always wanted one and as a result I've been less than properly cautious.

It took some time, but I finally properly checked the address. And yes, funds are there, but the funding transaction is actually from 2017. Again, it's 2014 Titan.
Otherwise the tx kinda seems related, next unspent funds are again used to fund precisely 0.1 and so forth (as opposed to funding more coins in one tx).

Best case scenarios I could come up were that the coin was funded just before the sale and it was sold late, but according to CoA it's no. 47 - that should not have to wait 3 years to be sold.
Other was it might be one of the peeled and "restored" coins as in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reopening-orders-titan-mint-gold-coins-2014-and-2016-5210516 but seems unlikely since it's just ordinary alloy coin.

Or the screenshot is fake and that public address is simply for some other 2017 Titan or even totally unrelated.
One way or another it doesn't look good. I can live with the loss and I'm not peeling (not that it would even help without real public address anyway), yet I'd love to hear alternate theories please.

copper member

legendary
Not sure what prompted me to check but I am getting a 521 website down error when going to https://titanbtc.com/ now.
Is everyone else getting the same message? And does anyone know when it actually went down.

Not really important but just interesting that he was pointing it someplace else and even that is now offline,

-Dave

It looks like he has it on cloudflare but it's misconfigured or just offline.

I don't know the full story but it's probably documented in this thread at some point...
legendary
Oh I understand there's a certain risk involved...
I got a PK version, I got the address and there's bitcoin on that address.
So I only have to trust he hasn't got the private keys stored and won't use them after all these years.
I took that risk, I guess we'll see how it goes.

Edit - Tim is not trustworthy Read the thread lol... :

My '2013 goldline PK' appears to have been compromised in March 2018 - so this may not be limited to 2FA coins.

Wow sorry to hear that That's a new one. Can you post the TXid or take a look up stream to see if others were swept at the same time that might have been funded in the same batch? 🤔
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
So I only have to trust he hasn't got the private keys stored and won't use them after all these years.

EDIT: I was wrong - the sticker re-applies much more cleanly than one would expect, and i re-peeled a coin like a dummy.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Not sure what prompted me to check but I am getting a 521 website down error when going to https://titanbtc.com/ now.
Is everyone else getting the same message? And does anyone know when it actually went down.

Not really important but just interesting that he was pointing it someplace else and even that is now offline,

-Dave
copper member

legendary
Checked out titanmint.com - was there a redesign?
There's "© 2023. All Rights Reserved." at the bottom.

And out of curiosity, have anyone tried the contact form there?

PS: Just bought 2014 Titan Tenth - on a certificate it says "Edition number: 47 of 10.000", which seems kinda disproportionate - does anybody know if there were really that many minted?

I really do not think that many were minted at all.. otherwise we'd have seen way more here for sale IMO. Tongue

copper member
Checked out titanmint.com - was there a redesign?
There's "© 2023. All Rights Reserved." at the bottom.

And out of curiosity, have anyone tried the contact form there?

PS: Just bought 2014 Titan Tenth - on a certificate it says "Edition number: 47 of 10.000", which seems kinda disproportionate - does anybody know if there were really that many minted?
legendary
Most ridiculous scam ever. You guys are trying to get millions of bucks out of a guy who can't afford domain registration upkeep fees for this 'business'.

Did you get your .48 cents on the dollar yet for your coin, or still suing? Huh
Activity: 599
Merit: 272
Hey Tim why are you hocking TuitionManager, a product of Tuition.io, at your site titanbtc.com now? I contacted the CEO of Tuition.io to ask about it, for you.

Most ridiculous scam ever. You guys are trying to get millions of bucks out of a guy who can't afford domain registration upkeep fees for this 'business'.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Thanks to a renowned forum member, I've re-learnt how to paste pic on the forum.

The official website of www.titanbtc.com has become a student loan site. What the fuck!  Angry

Someone reported this happening some time ago. I want to say a few weeks backs. I wonder what this means exactly, or why he would have either let the web address lapse, or if it was sold?

I’ve heard that there was a third webinar recently. Did anyone attend or able to provide some knowledge on it? Would be much appreciated.

Looks like he is leasing / renting it out.

Code:
Domain Name: TITANBTC.COM
Registry Domain ID: 9004240
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.hostmonster.com
Registrar URL: http://www.hostmonster.com/
Updated Date: 2023-05-15T15:18:11Z
Creation Date: 2013-04-05T05:44:17Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2025-04-05T05:44:17Z
Registrar: FastDomain Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1154
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 888-210-3278
Reseller: HostMonster.Com
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: TITAN MINT INC. TITAN MINT INC.
Registrant Organization: TITAN MINT INC.
Registrant Street: 9251 GORDON AVE.  
Registrant City: LA HABRA
Registrant State/Province: CALIFORNIA
Registrant Postal Code: 90631
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8006535071
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: TITAN MINT INC. TITAN MINT INC.
Admin Organization: TITAN MINT INC.
Admin Street: 9251 GORDON AVE.  
Admin City: LA HABRA
Admin State/Province: CALIFORNIA
Admin Postal Code: 90631
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.8006535071
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: HOSTMONSTER INC
Tech Organization: HOSTMONSTER.COM
Tech Street: 5335 GATE PKWY.  
Tech City: JACKSONVILLE
Tech State/Province: FLORIDA
Tech Postal Code: 32256
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.8014948462
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.8017651992
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: DANA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: IVAN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2023-05-15T15:18:11Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

The data in the HostMonster.Com WHOIS database is provided
to you by HostMonster.Com for information purposes only,
that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or related to
a domain name registration record. HostMonster.Com makes
this information available "as is," and does not guarantee its
accuracy.  By submitting a WHOIS query, you  agree that you will use
this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances
will you use this data to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support
the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or
solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail, or by telephone; or
(2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply
to HostMonster.Com (or its systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of
HostMonster.Com. HostMonster.Com reserves the
right to modify these terms at any time.  By submitting this query,
you agree to abide by these terms.

UNLIMITED storage, bandwidth and domains on one account. Also receive a *FREE* domain for one year when you host with http://www.hostmonster.com/
**complete**

If it was sold it would be showing different owners or private registration.
If he can make money doing it and use it to pay people back it's not a horrible idea.
Usually the amount you can make doing it is fairly small, but you never know.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Thanks to a renowned forum member, I've re-learnt how to paste pic on the forum.

The official website of www.titanbtc.com has become a student loan site. What the fuck!  Angry

Someone reported this happening some time ago. I want to say a few weeks backs. I wonder what this means exactly, or why he would have either let the web address lapse, or if it was sold?

I’ve heard that there was a third webinar recently. Did anyone attend or able to provide some knowledge on it? Would be much appreciated.
Activity: 1101
Merit: 512

The official website of www.titanbtc.com has become a student loan site. What the fuck!  Angry
Activity: 1101
Merit: 512
Pages:
Jump to: