Pages:
Author

Topic: Transgender - page 6. (Read 9766 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
July 29, 2015, 02:51:04 AM
Childish? Your inability to communicate in anything but memes is not childish at all. Reason? Spongebob is pretty convincing empirical data, you got me there.
ITT: Butthurt Theistard threatens to call mom and get me in trouble; later accuses me of childishness.

Hey, at least he didn't burn me alive (yet)!

The adults are trying to have a discussion with out your constant off topic propagandizing. Propagandize your own threads and let the big kids have an actual debate. Better watch yourself, that "fucktoy" might bite your dick off. Ironically then you should have no problems staying on topic because you will have plenty of transgender issues to discuss.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
July 29, 2015, 02:37:27 AM
Childish? Your inability to communicate in anything but memes is not childish at all. Reason? Spongebob is pretty convincing empirical data, you got me there.
ITT: Butthurt Theistard threatens to call mom and get me in trouble; later accuses me of childishness.

Hey, at least he didn't burn me alive (yet)!
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
July 29, 2015, 02:27:09 AM
No one likes idiots shitting up every single thread with cultist bullshit either.

(ps, posting a picture about transgender person after your off topic post doesn't just magically make you on topic.)

Quoting for reference:

Bethalion if you can't keep your bullshit contained to threads where they are on topic I am going to start reporting your posts (I suggest others do the same). The entirety of the politics and society section is not your personal toilet to dump your ideological bullshit.

LOL! Yes, please bother the mods with your childish irrelevant whiny horseshit.

[/size]Suck it up, Princess Peach.

FYI, Politics & Society isn't my toilet, it's my personal fucktoy.

Where did you think you were? This is the internet, you come armed with Heavy Reason or you get wrecked and laughed at.

On topic:

Childish? Your inability to communicate in anything but memes is not childish at all. Reason? Spongebob is pretty convincing empirical data, you got me there. PS, I wonder if anyone else finds it ironic that a social justice cultist like you supposedly arguing for gender equality would label some one with effeminate labels as if it were an insult. Way to practice what you preach Wink
July 29, 2015, 02:24:35 AM
Bethalion if you can't keep your bullshit contained to threads where they are on topic I am going to start reporting your posts (I suggest others do the same). The entirety of the politics and society section is not your personal toilet to dump your ideological bullshit.

LOL! Yes, please bother the mods with your childish irrelevant whiny horseshit.

(image quoted below)

FYI, Politics & Society isn't my toilet, it's my personal fucktoy. Suck it up, Princess Peach.

(image quoted below)

Where did you think you were? Some Bible-belt School? This is the internet, you come armed with Deep Reason or you get wrecked and laughed at. No one will protect you here when you reveal your ignorance.

On topic:

(image quoted below)
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
July 28, 2015, 03:51:25 PM
Consensual sex doesn't hurt anybody. Altering biological sex doesn't hurt anybody. Violence hurts. Hatred hurts.

Superstition fuels ignorance which in turn powers hatred and violence.

Religion is superstition, and therefore deserves to be abolished.
We've already talked about how some Christians are more tolerant than you. Does that mean all atheists should be abolished, because they aren't tolerant?
There is only one surefire method of pattern recognition, and that is science.

You said consensual sex doesn't hurt anybody, Christians are for consensual sex. Altering biological sex doesn't hurt anybody, I totally believe it does, but people are free to do it. Violence hurts, Christians are against violence, and Hatred hurts, and Christians are against hate.

So the only thing you got going for yourself is believing that altering someone's biological sex doesn't hurt anybody, it's the only thing Christians would disagree with in that sentence. But, Christians shouldn't be stopping someone forcibly from going ahead and doing that. So that's moot too.

Your last post doesn't really argue what I was saying...it was out of place, and not really relevant. You're intolerant of a person because they're Christian when all of your previous points are moot.
July 28, 2015, 03:50:39 PM
Asimov and Shermer were/are not haters.  Or bullies.
Go cry to someone who cares, theist. Yes, I'm a hard teacher, but self-evident truth is self-evident truth. The earnest seeker must not give any consideration to it's source.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
July 28, 2015, 03:47:04 PM
We've already talked about how some Christians are more tolerant than you. Does that mean all atheists should be abolished, because they aren't tolerant?
There is only one surefire method of pattern recognition, and that is science.

Asimov and Shermer were/are not haters.  Or bullies.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
July 28, 2015, 12:40:13 PM
transgender is choice for human,
if they born woman or men, if they are not to received it from GOd cause they pleasant with their choice. i think its okey.
people having freedom and choice for life.
life rifht from they born in this world.
legendary
July 28, 2015, 11:44:22 AM
Consensual sex doesn't hurt anybody. Altering biological sex doesn't hurt anybody. Violence hurts. Hatred hurts.

Very ignorant response.  Of course surgery and hormone treatments have failure rates, rates in which patients die, catch infectious diseases, and rates for which the treatments have various side effects.

Of course consensual sex can and always has, hurted people, both emotionally and physically, a certain percent of the time.  Ever heard of STDs?

Sounds kind of .... BULLYING on your part .... to me ......
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
July 28, 2015, 11:09:52 AM

legendary
July 28, 2015, 07:57:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
July 28, 2015, 12:17:32 AM
legendary
July 27, 2015, 10:45:04 PM
legendary
July 27, 2015, 08:38:07 PM
I think it's kind of similar, an identity crisis of a sort where they can't identify with their gender. Their brain can't identify with the physical gender they've been born with and it mixes them up.
I've got a problem like this.  You see, I'm trans black.

It's a real problem, I can't identify with my physical whiteness and it mixes me up.

I'm also trans-college, trans-motorcycle, trans-acid-rock, and trans-zombie.
Come back when there's somebody that's actually depressed by the fact that their skin is white and they feel like they belong in a black body when they look at themselves.  Same with zombies.  You can make fun of the issue all you want, but the fact is nobody feels that so the point is moot.  ....
Sez who?

Where are these "crises" exactly?  They are not among the people I know who have such issues (eg gay or thinking about it, etc)

A real serious thing is, as an example, depression.  That causes suicidal tendencies in a great many people.  It has been well studied.  Many other "real" things.  Drug addiction.  Again, where exactly is this crisis and why should I worry about it?  And why right now, in the last 2 months, does it suddenly erupt as a "concern?"

NOTE:  This post may sound combative or something, I don't know.  It's not meant to be.  And it's serious.  Where are these "trans problems?"  Why should anyone be concerned with them and not other things?  Why is it suddenly "important?"  A quick look indicates about 0.3% of the population is "trans gender."   About one tenth of the gay/lesbian population.  A tiny, tiny number.

Here are some facts on axiety and depression.

Facts

*snip*

http://www.adaa.org/about-adaa/press-room/facts-statistics
When did I say anything about any other disorder?  Every thing you listed is a serious issue with it's own problems and should be dealt with.  Just because we haven't perfected everything doesn't mean we can't work on more than one issue at once.

For one, there's a massive rate of violence and sexual assault on the LGBT community.  If you check out the Anti Violence Project's study here, the numbers are pretty messed up.  This 3% of the population catches a lot of shit, so that's a nice reason to be concerned about it.  There wouldn't be so much coverage on the issues if everybody was free to just live their life.  

Transgender  women  were  4  times more likely  to  experience  police violence compared to overall survivors. 

Transgender women were 6 times more likely to experience physical violence  when interacting  with  the  police  compared  to  overall  survivors. 

Additionally,  transgender  women were  2  times  as  likely  to  experience  discrimination, 1.8  times  more  likely  to  experience  harassment, and  1.5 times  as  likely  to  experience  threats  and  intimidation  compared  to  overall  survivors.

Transgender  women were  1.8  times  more  likely  to  experience  sexual  violence  when  compared  with  other  survivors.

In  addition transgender  survivors  were  1.5  times  more  likely  to  experience  hate  violence  in  public  areas  and  1.4 times  more  likely  to  experience  hate  violence  in  shelters.
legendary
July 27, 2015, 08:08:42 PM
I think it's kind of similar, an identity crisis of a sort where they can't identify with their gender. Their brain can't identify with the physical gender they've been born with and it mixes them up.
I've got a problem like this.  You see, I'm trans black.

It's a real problem, I can't identify with my physical whiteness and it mixes me up.

Come back when there's somebody that's actually depressed by the fact that their skin is white and they feel like they belong in a black body when they look at themselves.  Same with zombies.  You can make fun of the issue all you want, but the fact is nobody feels that so the point is moot.  ....
Sez who?

Where are these "crises" exactly?  They are not among the people I know who have such issues (eg gay or thinking about it, etc)

A real serious thing is, as an example, depression.  That causes suicidal tendencies in a great many people.  It has been well studied.  Many other "real" things.  Drug addiction.  Again, where exactly is this crisis and why should I worry about it?  And why right now, in the last 2 months, does it suddenly erupt as a "concern?"

NOTE:  This post may sound combative or something, I don't know.  It's not meant to be.  And it's serious.  Where are these "trans problems?"  Why should anyone be concerned with them and not other things?  Why is it suddenly "important?"  A quick look indicates about 0.3% of the population is "trans gender."   About one tenth of the gay/lesbian population.  A tiny, tiny number.

Here are some facts on axiety and depression.

Facts

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
GAD affects 6.8 million adults, or 3.1% of the U.S. population.
Women are twice as likely to be affected as men.

Panic Disorder
6 million, 2.7%
Very high comorbidity rate with major depression.

Social Anxiety Disorder
15 million, 6.8%
Equally common among men and women, typically beginning around age 13.
According to a 2007 ADAA survey, 36% of people with social anxiety disorder report experiencing symptoms for 10 or more years before seeking help.

Specific Phobias
19 million, 8.7%
Typically begins in childhood; the median age of onset is 7.

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are closely related to anxiety disorders, which some may experience at the same time, along with depression.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
2.2 million, 1.0%
Equally common among men and women.
The median age of onset is 19, with 25 percent of cases occurring by age 14. One-third of affected adults first experienced symptoms in childhood.

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
7.7 million, 3.5%
Women are more likely to be affected than men.
Rape is the most likely trigger of PTSD: 65% of men and 45.9% of women who are raped will develop the disorder.
Childhood sexual abuse is a strong predictor of lifetime likelihood for developing PTSD.

Major Depressive Disorder
The leading cause of disability in the U.S. for ages 15 to 44.3
Affects approximately 14.8 million American adults, or about 6.7 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year.
While major depressive disorder can develop at any age, the median age at onset is 32.5
More prevalent in women than in men.

Persistent depressive disorder, or PDD, (formerly called dysthymia) is a form of depression that usually continues for at least two years.
Affects approximately 1.5 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year. (about 3.3 million American adults).
The median age of onset is 31.1

Related Illnesses
Many people with an anxiety disorder also have a co-occurring disorder or physical illness, which can make their symptoms worse and recovery more difficult. It’s essential to be treated for both disorders.

Read on to learn more about the co-occurrence of anxiety and these disorders:

Bipolar disorder
    Eating disorders
    Headaches
    Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
    Sleep disorders
    Substance abuse
    Adult ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactive disorder)
    BDD (body dysmorphic disorder)
    Chronic pain
    Fibromyalgia
    Stress

Children
Anxiety disorders affect one in eight children. Research shows that untreated children with anxiety disorders are at higher risk to perform poorly in school, miss out on important social experiences, and engage in substance abuse.

See statistics for anxiety disorders among children from the National Institute of Mental Health.

Anxiety disorders also often co-occur with other disorders such as depression, eating disorders, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

Childhood anxiety disorders
    Anxiety and depression
    Treatment
    Tips for parents and caregivers
    Anxiety disorders at school
    School refusal

http://www.adaa.org/about-adaa/press-room/facts-statistics
legendary
July 27, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
I've got a problem like this.  You see, I'm trans black.

Come back when there's somebody that's actually depressed by the fact that their skin is white and they feel like they belong in a black body when they look at themselves.  Same with zombies.  You can make fun of the issue all you want, but the fact is nobody feels that so the point is moot.  Good luck leading a fulfilling life as a zombie anyway..

As for the other things, they just don't really make sense.  Nothing stopping you from riding a motorcycle, going to college, etc.  It's not going to affect the rest of your life (besides maybe a better job for the second..).  It's not a part of your core identity as a person that's always been there and is unchangeable without a long and hard process that makes your life do a 180.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
July 27, 2015, 04:24:19 PM
I always thought "Trance-gender" was the sex of that purple "girl" in the TV series, "Andromeda."

Cheesy
legendary
July 27, 2015, 04:13:57 PM
I've got a problem like this.  You see, I'm trans black.

legendary
Activity: 1092
July 27, 2015, 12:01:39 PM
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
July 26, 2015, 03:28:23 PM
Is it a crime to misgender somebody?  No, and it never will be (hopefully).  Is it dickish?  Yes, but that's your right as long as it's only words and nobody gets physical. 
Words kill too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth

Are there any studies demonstrating that LGBT suicides are a direct result of bullying and harassment and not from hormonal imbalances which are known to cause emotional problems? Oh that's right, you just make this assumption without scientific basis and those studies don't exist.
Pages:
Jump to: