Pages:
Author

Topic: Transgender - page 7. (Read 9766 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
July 26, 2015, 01:38:55 PM
Is it a crime to misgender somebody?  No, and it never will be (hopefully).  Is it dickish?  Yes, but that's your right as long as it's only words and nobody gets physical. 
Words kill too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth
Bullying among youth is a totally different issue, and shouldn't be treated different than bullying based on any other factor.  Unless it's reaching to the extreme of harassment or cyber harassment (which there are laws against for both adults and children), just send them to the principal's office and tell them to stop being a dick.  No need to get law enforcement involved.

Misgendering someone one time really isn't going to do anything.  Compared to some of the harassment transpeople get, it will be forgotten about in 5 minutes.  What we really need to focus on is the physical attacks, stalking and harassment cases, etc. 

Yes, there's a huge difference between calling someone the gender they were born, compared to those who attack, stalk, harass, bully, etc. Those are clearly wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
July 26, 2015, 01:31:31 PM
Is it a crime to misgender somebody?  No, and it never will be (hopefully).  Is it dickish?  Yes, but that's your right as long as it's only words and nobody gets physical. 
Bullying among youth is a totally different issue, and shouldn't be treated different than bullying based on any other factor.  Unless it's reaching to the extreme of harassment or cyber harassment (which there are laws against for both adults and children), just send them to the principal's office and tell them to stop being a dick.  No need to get law enforcement involved.

Misgendering someone one time really isn't going to do anything.  Compared to some of the harassment transpeople get, it will be forgotten about in 5 minutes.  What we really need to focus on is the physical attacks, stalking and harassment cases, etc. 
Activity: 504
July 26, 2015, 01:05:54 PM

People have to be very unstable to feel like they should commit suicide if you call them the gender they were born.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
July 26, 2015, 12:30:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
July 26, 2015, 02:35:04 AM
A transgender individual may have characteristics that are normally associated with a particular gender and identify elsewhere on the traditional gender continuum, or exist outside of it as other, agender, gender-neutral, genderqueer, non-binary, third gender, etc.
Transgender people may also identify as bigender, pangender, or along several places on either the traditional transgender continuum or the more encompassing continuums that have been developed in response to recent, significantly more detailed studies.
Furthermore, many transgender people experience a period of identity development that includes better understanding one's self-image, self-reflection, and self-expression.
More specifically, the degree to which individuals feel genuine, authentic, and comfortable within their external appearance and accept their genuine identity is referred to as transgender congruence.

That looks like a copy and paste. But now I am interested whats a "pangender"?

Would it be a crime if I say "Sir" if the transgender wants to be known as a female? Wonder if that will ever come about.

Pangender is pretty much "Fuck it all, I'm everything, even genders we don't know exist yet".  Or for the technical definition:

Pangender (and/or Omnigender) is a non-binary gender experience which refers to a wide multiplicity of genders that can (or not) tend to the infinite (meaning that this experience can go beyond the current knowledge of genders). This experience can be either simultaneously or over time.

Being pangender does not require that one knows everything about all the established genders nowadays; being pangender goes beyond the known genders. Pangender can express gender fluidity or not; for example, a pangender person can manifest a genderflux, flowing from pangender to agender.

Panflux is a gender identity consisting of pangender + genderflux.

Pangender = binary genders (100% female and 100% male) + known genders + unknown genders.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
July 25, 2015, 09:07:52 PM
I need 5 more dicks added to me by tax payers money and soon I will have them  Smiley
Okay, just don't be a dick.
July 25, 2015, 07:21:41 PM
For those just tuning in to the thread who may have missed it:

Activity: 616
July 25, 2015, 05:06:18 PM
I need 5 more dicks added to me by tax payers money and soon I will have them  Smiley
Activity: 728
Never ending parties are what Im into.
July 25, 2015, 03:22:21 PM
A transgender individual may have characteristics that are normally associated with a particular gender and identify elsewhere on the traditional gender continuum, or exist outside of it as other, agender, gender-neutral, genderqueer, non-binary, third gender, etc.
Transgender people may also identify as bigender, pangender, or along several places on either the traditional transgender continuum or the more encompassing continuums that have been developed in response to recent, significantly more detailed studies.
Furthermore, many transgender people experience a period of identity development that includes better understanding one's self-image, self-reflection, and self-expression.
More specifically, the degree to which individuals feel genuine, authentic, and comfortable within their external appearance and accept their genuine identity is referred to as transgender congruence.

That looks like a copy and paste. But now I am interested whats a "pangender"?

Would it be a crime if I say "Sir" if the transgender wants to be known as a female? Wonder if that will ever come about.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
July 25, 2015, 03:16:13 PM
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
July 25, 2015, 07:54:06 AM
You have none, and every time I ask for a scientific study you have either some personal attack, red herring, or other fallacy to talk about.

Beliathon works in mysterious ways, homeslice. Adapt.

I am not interested in adapting to your destructive dogmas devoid of scientific reason and backing. Get back to me when you learn how to read and understand peer reviewed studies.
What a crock of shit.  Personal attacks and other logical fallacies are the marks of a loser in an argument.

And what do losers do?  They lose.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
July 24, 2015, 07:53:21 PM
This seems to be a big hot topic lately and I still can not understand it. ....

Because if continually, enough crappy non issues like this are tossed into the public arena, and they are told this is very important, nobody can ever get around to the real issues.

Like all the money they are printing.

+1 Trillion Dollars, for the truth:
I remember how much "gay marriage" dominated the 2004 election (Bush was frequently talking against it to rally "the base"), when they should have been debating more important issues. 
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
July 24, 2015, 07:49:41 PM
You have none, and every time I ask for a scientific study you have either some personal attack, red herring, or other fallacy to talk about.

I am not interested in adapting to your destructive dogmas devoid of scientific reason and backing. Get back to me when you learn how to read and understand peer reviewed studies.
July 24, 2015, 07:19:15 PM

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
July 24, 2015, 07:01:32 PM
Any real scientist, or anyone educated in scientific method will tell you that true science is never settled. Science is a never ending process of reexamination and correction of data.
Correct. A scientific view is always asymptotically approaching perfect objective universal truth. Science is a kind of organism, an evolving reasoned consensus by living peers. The truth is always there, waiting. Modern science is a bunch of clever folks sniffing it out together.

By contrast, religion/superstition isn't even attempting to understand the world accurately. Just as science is a living organism, religion is death - the death of reason. It's not about finding truth, because they make it up. Religion is fiction / myth / make-believe / denial of self-evident bodily experience (pleasure) / fantasy / falsehood / lies.

And every scientist knows this. You are tragically intellectually stunted adults, dear theists. Because I'm a compassionate human being, I'm here selflessly and valiantly fighting to liberate your mind from the unethical brainwashed bastards who vandalized it with superstition when you were an innocent child. That's reality.

I love how you selectively edit my quotes to leave out the parts that don't jive with your revisionism and claims to have scientific backing for your arguments. You have none, and every time I ask for a scientific study you have either some personal attack, red herring, or other fallacy to talk about.

You make claims about the science being settled yet can never even meet the bare standard of producing peer reviewed studies to back up your arguments. Pretending like you agree with me an understand and observe scientific method does not cover up this fact. In your case "science" is a belief system no more logical than any religion.
Activity: 728
Never ending parties are what Im into.
July 24, 2015, 06:41:59 PM
This is the "Whats with dem Transgenders" thread.

So my local pride parade is not welcoming any politicians that do not sign on to give transgenders special protections. Interesting thing is the local government says they are already protected under the act and do not need to be singled out. Should be interesting to see play out. Will find a link if any one is interested in reading.
July 24, 2015, 06:00:40 PM
Any real scientist, or anyone educated in scientific method will tell you that true science is never settled. Science is a never ending process of reexamination and correction of data.
Correct. A scientific view is always asymptotically approaching perfect objective universal truth. Science is a kind of organism, an evolving reasoned consensus by living peers. The truth is always there, waiting. Modern science is a bunch of clever folks sniffing it out together.

By contrast, religion/superstition isn't even attempting to understand the world accurately. Just as science is a living organism, religion is death - the death of reason. It's not about finding truth, because they make it up. Religion is fiction / myth / make-believe / denial of self-evident bodily experience (pleasure) / fantasy / falsehood / lies.

And every scientist knows this. You are tragically intellectually stunted adults, dear theists. Because I'm a compassionate human being, I'm here selflessly and valiantly fighting to liberate your mind from the unethical brainwashed bastards who vandalized it with superstition when you were an innocent child. That's reality.
July 24, 2015, 05:56:27 PM
Claim:
The problem is that most "science" is taught in a religious manner, using textbooks (...) which are literally modern bible equivalents.
Evidence?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
July 24, 2015, 05:09:55 PM
Any real scientist, or anyone educated in scientific method will tell you that true science is never settled. Science is a never ending process of reexamination and correction of data. The moment you pretend to know something is for sure is the moment you are surely incorrect.
Activity: 775
July 24, 2015, 02:29:26 PM
Claim:

you (and some other people too) have faith in it like one.

Evidence to support claim?

"Have faith in science" is an oxymoron.

Actually no, it's not.

Real science is a quest for knowledge and understanding, and it's based on a few things like curiosity and passion.

The problem is that most "science" is taught in a religious manner, using textbooks and mind-numbingly boring methodologies and rote learning. The textbooks are literally modern bible equivalents. They provide things like instructions and answers, much like the Christian bible does, so that the learner is brainwashed into remembering a tonne of shitty formulae. It should really be called the Religious Method, not the Scientific Method.

However, modern scientific findings seem to come about as a result of open-ended inquiry and experimentation. Asking questions, and when a scientist gets a result, they use their intellect to interpret those results. And, just like lay people have faith that the scientists know what they're doing, the scientists themselves also have faith in their own abilities.

Faith (superstition) and science (reason) exist as a zero-sum game with one another. They cannot occupy the same space. When one wanes, the other waxes.
Yeah yeah.
Pages:
Jump to: