Author

Topic: TV Series Top 10 Power Rankings (previously TV series Recommendations...) - page 166. (Read 619697 times)

Activity: 624
Merit: 500
Anyone like Homicide - Life on the Street? I do. Smiley I recommend it to all of you who are saying The Wire (and the one or two of you who mentioned The Corner). Baltimore, baby!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
anything from shonen jump
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
The ones that come to mind are The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
"Halt and Catch Fire" Season Finale is on tonight.   That series was a good surprise.   I wasn't expecting too much, but I ended up really liking it.

I am still kind of watching "The Leftovers"  still not much of a plot developing.   It is kind of losing my attention pretty quickly...
Activity: 56
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Did anyone watched the series FARGO and can recommend it?
(The movie wasnt bad so i thought ill give it a try)

Yes its very good. It has one of the most interesting and menacing bad guys I've seen in any TV show. Plus the dark humor and accents are very funny!

Fargo was one of the best made series in a long time.   It was great that they only made it 10 episodes so that it didn't drag on and on like most series do nowadays.   Billy Bob plays the perfect villain in that show

i guess you liked it more than i did.. i thought it was okay to good, but not great. can't quite put my finger on it, but it just felt like something in the series was missing.
Activity: 295

Yes its very good. It has one of the most interesting and menacing bad guys I've seen in any TV show. Plus the dark humor and accents are very funny!

Fargo was one of the best made series in a long time.   It was great that they only made it 10 episodes so that it didn't drag on and on like most series do nowadays.   Billy Bob plays the perfect villain in that show

Thanks a lot guys! You convinced me to watch it!

@TrueDetective-Cast-Speculations;
I would really like Colin Farrel more then Christian Bale...dont know why...maybe cause i watched "In Bruges" lately and really liked it...here you can vote for it(for fun): http://arindamb.hubpages.com/hub/10-actors-for-True-Detective-Season-2
Keanu Reeves or Sean Penn would be nice too :-)
legendary

Fargo was one of the best made series in a long time.   It was great that they only made it 10 episodes so that it didn't drag on and on like most series do nowadays.   Billy Bob plays the perfect villain in that show
legendary
Best Series i watched lately was TRUE DETECTIVE!
Matthew McConaughey is such a cool dude in that Series and Woody Harrelson is good as always.
The music, story, atmosphere, pictures/shots and its philosophical/ironical touch was really nice to watch. Before that i watched THE WALKING DEAD...wasnt bad...but i liked BREAKING BAD more...or DEADWOOD is a really nice Series too if you like the old wild west. And if you like some Serialkillerstuff give DEXTER a try...pretty long series with very much episodes!

Found this useful.
I'm about to finish Breaking Bad.I think I'll start True Detective next.

Thanks for saying that! Makes me happy to inspired someone to watch it!
If you finished it you can tell here if i was worth it - i bet so.

Matthew McConaughey is such a cool dude in that Series and Woody Harrelson is good as always.
The music, story, atmosphere, pictures/shots and its philosophical/ironical touch was really nice to watch. Before that i watched THE WALKING DEAD...wasnt bad...but i liked BREAKING BAD more...or DEADWOOD is a really nice Series too if you like the old wild west. And if you like some Serialkillerstuff give DEXTER a try...pretty long series with very much episodes!

Found this useful.

True Detective was a very well made show.   I am curious to see who the detectives are for Season 2

I read about Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp but that were all rumors...here is some more legit news:
"True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto has confirmed that he is halfway through writing True Detective's Season 2 episodes, and that this new storyline will center on 4 lead characters as they traverse the lesser-known parts of California. No one has been cast just yet, and the plot may not revolve around the secret occult history of the transportation system as previously rumored."

So 4 main characters and 2 of them will be maybe Colin Farrell & Taylor Kitsch:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/colin-farrell-taylor-kitsch-eyed-true-detective-season-2-report-article-1.1866220

Hopefully one out of that 4 will be Matthew McConaughey again - i really liked his role/character in that series.

I believe I also heard that Christian Bale and Morgan Freeman were also being considered to play the main detective roles for season 2 as well.   Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt made for a good combo in Se7en.   Colin Farrell could be pretty cool (like you mentioned above)
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1240
Thank God I'm an atheist

Found this useful.

Thanks for saying that! Makes me happy to inspired someone to watch it!
If you finished it you can tell here if i was worth it - i bet so.

Found this useful.

True Detective was a very well made show.   I am curious to see who the detectives are for Season 2

I read about Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp but that were all rumors...here is some more legit news:
"True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto has confirmed that he is halfway through writing True Detective's Season 2 episodes, and that this new storyline will center on 4 lead characters as they traverse the lesser-known parts of California. No one has been cast just yet, and the plot may not revolve around the secret occult history of the transportation system as previously rumored."

So 4 main characters and 2 of them will be maybe Colin Farrell & Taylor Kitsch:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/colin-farrell-taylor-kitsch-eyed-true-detective-season-2-report-article-1.1866220

Hopefully one out of that 4 will be Matthew McConaughey again - i really liked his role/character in that series.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Garbochock
If you guys like anime/cartoonish things avatar the last airbender and legend of korra are two amazing series. I know plenty of people in their 20's and 30's who enjoy this show. It really is great and lots of connection with nature.
Avatar: The last airbender was awesome I remember! I followed it when I was younger. Maybe I should watch it again?
Activity: 51
~~So for the time I watch HIMYM, CHUCK, Agents of SHIELD, ARROW,
would be cool if someone could so many other similar series recommended
or other SUPERHERO based series, best relatively new,
but my favorite would suit me something like, EUREKA Shocked Grin Roll Eyes Cheesy Wink~~
Activity: 266
If you guys like anime/cartoonish things avatar the last airbender and legend of korra are two amazing series. I know plenty of people in their 20's and 30's who enjoy this show. It really is great and lots of connection with nature.
legendary
just watched the honourable woman, and i don't like it. it has this fake veneer that doesn't feel real to me.

I still watch Big Brother (US version).   I have also watched the UK version, but I think the US version is better because there is more strategy and game play.   It is the best reality show IMO

man, you must be a king of tv.. you watch even more shows than i do.

I can't fall asleep until late at night...so I watch a bunch of shows at night...
Jump to: