Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 120. (Read 381003 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
should go into effect sometime around November 1st

Any quote on this? Thanx! Smiley

When does the NF change takes effect?

Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Any quote on this? Thanx! Smiley

When does the NF change takes effect?

legendary
good idea - it took 3 days to sync for me

There is a link to database synchronization ? Very long sync block ..
legendary
I am trying to stake with a new wallet just over a week old.  Coin age is not much.

But it says "you have mature coins for staking" Expected time to reward is 5mins.

Been staking it for 8hrs but no stake as yet.

I expect its because the coin age is not competitive in the staking pool.

I would not worry just yet

Stevan, is there a bug in the new wallet ?

... i did the download of the update v7418 a view days ago and tested it.

The wallet seems working ok with deposits and witdrawals.

But i think i see a bug, can you (all) check this please if i am right  ?

The problem i think is with staking.

If i start the wallet it gives the info "there are mature coins for staking"

But when i enable stake minting and keep the wallet open for many hours there are zero staked coins transactions ?

I did this during a view days, so zero staked coin transactions came in ?

I geuss something is wrong or do i miss something ?

Thanks for everbodys help...

Activity: 155
There is a link to database synchronization ? Very long sync block ..
Activity: 554
Merit: 10

Stevan, is there a bug in the new wallet ?

... i did the download of the update v7418 a view days ago and tested it.

The wallet seems working ok with deposits and witdrawals.

But i think i see a bug, can you (all) check this please if i am right  ?

The problem i think is with staking.

If i start the wallet it gives the info "there are mature coins for staking"

But when i enable stake minting and keep the wallet open for many hours there are zero staked coins transactions ?

I did this during a view days, so zero staked coin transactions came in ?

I geuss something is wrong or do i miss something ?

Thanks for everbodys help...

Activity: 776
Merit: 557
There will be a resurgence of crypto soon or later. When there is we need to make UTC attractive to potential investors. Make them believe in Ultracoin over other coins. What can we offer that no other coin can, what is different about our 'product'.
Confidence is everything for the cryptoworld. If confidence is shown and a community spirit others will join in and the community will grow. Its all about community. Crypto is still very young. Many coins in the next 2 years will die. FORGET PRICE & MARKETCAP, this will come over time. The main priority is gaining trust in new investors and growing a community. I'm aware if marketcap is low people become uninterested and moral becomes low and tend not to visit here that much or visit the twitter and facebook pages, but if we all group together in these hard times when the next 'wave' of investors come it will be worth it. They will see an active community all pushing in the same direction wanting a crypto to succeed.

Note to management;

The community leader on here seems to have disappeared. We need weekly goals and challenges please to get involved with, facebook giveaways etc etc . Meet up on Cryptsy chat every Thursday for 30 minutes to discuss with new investors why UTC is a good idea for example. If this was done every week for the last 20 month imagine! the size of the community!!

When Bumface left we were told communication was a huge problem with him and he didnt do enough of it. Well we are in the same boat now. You promised a lot of things at the start of the year and if we shown you are not trying to achieve these goals naturally people will lose confidence and leave/sell. Crypto is new, and takes longer to achieve things than anticipated, so even if some goals are unrealistic after trying to pursue them tell us so we can we an effort is been made. We don't except perfection, we just like to see things are been done. Keep us all in the circle of trust and share with us your findings/successes/failures. This sharing of information is vital.

legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Many exchanges are starting to get rid of coins with hardly any volume, if this isn't marketed soon we will be delisted for every exchange within 6months, and before u all say I should do more I invested lots of money in UTC & have never sold.

compared with rest UTC even with low price is mostly in top 10 volume coin @cryptsy!

this is time to acomulate for the brave Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
Many exchanges are starting to get rid of coins with hardly any volume, if this isn't marketed soon we will be delisted for every exchange within 6months, and before u all say I should do more I invested lots of money in UTC & have never sold.
legendary
yeah that was a bummer (but look how cheap they are now! - good chance to buy 40k back for less than 0.2 BTC) - keep them off exchanges and under your control at all times - except for a quick trade - in and out fast

even Cryptsy has a few issues at present changing over to KYC requirements but should come right (big problems with withdrawals and withdrawal limits for their retrospectively applied tiers)

Damn mintpal stole my 40k coins Sad I hope they choke on it.
Activity: 837
Merit: 505
Damn mintpal stole my 40k coins Sad I hope they choke on it.
legendary
just means putting your password on it.  Add password.

It means if anyone were to compromise your comuter and manage to steal your wallet.dat file - they would need to know the password to be able to steal your coins.

If you have no password (ie not encrypted) anyone with your wallet.dat file can reconstruct your wallet in a few minutes and steal your coins.

Make sure you back up - save your wallet AFTER you add your password (not before).  Otherwise your backup won't work.

Usukan, Why encrypt the wallet?
Activity: 837
Merit: 505
Usukan, Why encrypt the wallet?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I'm also selling 4 x R9 280X Sapphire GPU's with aftermarket coolers (Arctic Accelero's) which bring the temperature and noise down CONSIDERABLY over stock. I have upgraded to R9 290X's so I no longer have any need for them (they've been sitting around for almost a year). I'll even throw in an UTC t-shirt in the deal, asking $500 for the set of 4 plus shipping.

P.S. Ultracoin t-shirts are still available for those interested.
legendary
Good one Steven

Cheers - usukan

@barbados-fs

Yes, this is the same update that has been up for a couple of days. I just wanted to wait until the GitHub repository was up before making the official announcement. So there is no need to update if you did indeed install latest version.

@usukan

You're absolutely right, I did contact the exchanges plus coinpayments this morning to have them update their wallet software. Cryptsy is notorious for taking a long time to inspect new wallet software and have them go live. Last time was around 2 weeks, I will do whatever I can to have them finish it on time, even if it means driving all the way up to West Palm Beach and buying the whole team dinner just to get them to expedite it.

Activity: 275
Activity: 476
@barbados-fs

Yes, this is the same update that has been up for a couple of days. I just wanted to wait until the GitHub repository was up before making the official announcement. So there is no need to update if you did indeed install latest version.

@usukan

You're absolutely right, I did contact the exchanges plus coinpayments this morning to have them update their wallet software. Cryptsy is notorious for taking a long time to inspect new wallet software and have them go live. Last time was around 2 weeks, I will do whatever I can to have them finish it on time, even if it means driving all the way up to West Palm Beach and buying the whole team dinner just to get them to expedite it.
legendary
@Steven

You are probably already on to this:

But you need to have a chat to Cryptsy (and the other exchanges - BUT especially Cryptsy) about the new wallet and Nov 1 changes to UTC.  Mullick is generally the person at Cryptsy in charge of this.

No doubt Cryptsy will do their normal "wallet down for maintenance" trick around 1 Nov.  With a new wallet out already - they could do it sooner.

Cryptsy have a very poor reputation for getting wallets back online fast. 2-3 weeks is fast for them. Staking wallets are longer cos they can stake a profit while sleeping and extending delays.  DEM is now down 4-5 months or maybe more with working wallets available and used on other exchanges.

UTC holders need to think about if they want to risk having UTC trapped on Cryptsy.  Generally its a negative.

Maybe this will come to nothing - but at least be aware of the potential happenings over the next few weeks/months.

legendary
They seem to be identical - from a check of the file list and sizes (I downloaded it 5 days ago and it checks against the one released yesterday).

So I don't think you need to reinstall again - but Steven may confirm.

Steven, hello. Update 7.4.1-8 I downloaded a few days ago. It's the same thing that you're talking about now? Or do I need to download it and install again?
Activity: 139
Very thorough response...thank you very much for the advice Usukan...Smiley
Jump to: