Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 195. (Read 381007 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

Hey, explain how to download a new purse? The official website of the old version. Your link opens http://goo.gl/fljnhn http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mlod77w9ep7v87/ultracoin_733_win32.зип
A suspicious site, which I shoved erotic banners.

I need the new version's sourcecode. Where can I get it?

#1337,, look that post or  #1399  Kiss
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hey, explain how to download a new purse? The official website of the old version. Your link opens http://goo.gl/fljnhn http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mlod77w9ep7v87/ultracoin_733_win32.зип

I need the new version's sourcecode. Where can I get it?
Activity: 837
Merit: 505

Activity: 456
New wallet all working well and staking. Cheers Kracko!
+1

But mining isn't, and transactions are slow. I hope this is not some scam to make UTC go full POS, like the devs wanted to do before Wink
Why don't you stop using inflammatory words like "scam", there's a good chap.

There have been some strange goings on over the last month though........price manipulation, pump & dumps, unknown increase in nethash, now mining screwed.  

Still no clarification about mining, miners have been wasting electric for 2 days now.  Is this all down to a clock on a server out of sync somewhere, really?

I would not be surprised to next week see the coin dumped hard and then we get told there was an attack, crypto has made me very skeptical.

I am thinking the same thing. I have been giving money to the electric company for 2 day now, with not explanation from the Dev team as to why the mining is so screwed. Ill give it to the end of today then I'm pointing someplace else. I have a large farm and I cant afford to keep paying out for this coin. I don't even mind if it breaks even to support the coin but I am not going to loose money.

It was down to a clock skew.  The retarget algorithm that we had been using only uses the time between the last two blocks.  The time difference between block 855838 and 855837 is more than we've experienced in a long time- probably since the CPU/solomining days.  It was over five and half minutes.  It effectively lowered the difficulty to the point to where the coin was not minable at the pools.  http://ultrabex.tumblingblock.com/chain/Ultracoin?hi=855838.  

If you look at the overall average we are still putting out a block every 30 seconds.  It's just not consistently spread out.  The same amount of coins are being mined even with the difficulty peaks we are experiencing.  The hash rate calculation is correct, even when it shows that we are 250mh/sec because it is very possible to achieve that rate with a very low difficulty.

We need our miners and we recognize the need for a consistent block time.   We will most likely release another update in the near future to move the re-target over a much longer period to reduce the oscillations we've been experiencing.  While the current retarget system is not optimal, it is still better than having the chain completely stuck as we were.  We're working on it guys.  A new update is in testing and we're hoping to have a fix for the difficulty oscillation within the next few weeks.  It will most likely involve an even longer smoothing interval, which will stabilize everything.  What we are shooting for is system that doesn't stray much outside of +/- 20% of the block time and that isn't as reliant on accurate time.
Is the official pools: utc.tumblingblock.com and utc2.tumblingblock.com on the right chain and alright to mine at?

Right.  These two have the latest version.

Ultrablockparty is also on the same chain as well and should be back up again this weekend.

Has the source code been released for the update?

Cryptsy cannot update until it is

This is the latest release version for the update.

https://github.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
+1

But mining isn't, and transactions are slow. I hope this is not some scam to make UTC go full POS, like the devs wanted to do before Wink

There have been some strange goings on over the last month though........price manipulation, pump & dumps, unknown increase in nethash, now mining screwed.   

Still no clarification about mining, miners have been wasting electric for 2 days now.  Is this all down to a clock on a server out of sync somewhere, really?

I would not be surprised to next week see the coin dumped hard and then we get told there was an attack, crypto has made me very skeptical.

I am thinking the same thing. I have been giving money to the electric company for 2 day now, with not explanation from the Dev team as to why the mining is so screwed. Ill give it to the end of today then I'm pointing someplace else. I have a large farm and I cant afford to keep paying out for this coin. I don't even mind if it breaks even to support the coin but I am not going to loose money.
Activity: 228
Is the official pools: utc.tumblingblock.com and utc2.tumblingblock.com on the right chain and alright to mine at?
Activity: 318
+1

Still no clarification about mining, miners have been wasting electric for 2 days now.  Is this all down to a clock on a server out of sync somewhere, really?

Activity: 668
Merit: 500
Is the DNS seeder active in this version of the wallet?
Agree here

Its important that we have clear instructions on the wallet update procedure - and what to expect in terms of process and time to update/recode etc. Delete peers? reindex in command line etc etc?

urgently needed please Steven

Kracko a noob question about the wallet update. Please answe me.

I have the former version of the wallet V1041 on my laptop and i have some coins in the wallet.

Now arrived the new wallet version for an important update. http://[Suspicious link removed]/fljnhn

Can i just run this new update while the "old" V1041 is closed ?

And wil the new update run automaticly over the old version and update it the old version automaticly ?

Thanks for your answers....

Your link was removed and doesn't appear to be one of mine
Your old wallet.dat is compatible.  The new version is still using bdb v4.8.30 for that.

You have to stop the old wallet before updating to the new one.  What happens when you run the updated wallet is that it converts your blockchain already downloaded to the new version format and also reindexes all the transactions using leveldb rather than berkeley db.   Do not try to start the older wallet back up again after upgrading or you'll end up downloading the entire blockchain again.  Until we get more protocol 70055 wallets on the network you may need addnodes.  As king_pin mentioned here's how you add them to a Windows wallet

* Navigate to %Appdata%\Ultracoin.  (C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\UltraCoin).
* The AppData folder is hidden by default so you'll have to type it in manually in the path bar of the file explorer window.
* You should see your wallet.dat and a few other files too in the same folder
* Create a text file called ultracoin.conf
* Put these entries in the ultracoin.conf file:

Code:
addnode=192.99.8.7
addnode=198.27.82.163
addnode=31.220.0.203

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
+1

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Has the source code been released for the update?

Cryptsy cannot update until it is
Activity: 416
+1

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Yacuna enabled withdrawals and deposits on the fork today in the morning.

If you are tired waiting for Cryptsy and want to trade on the real chain, check us out!

https://yacuna.com/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=altcoin&utm_campaign=20%2F11%2F14%20bitcointalk%20ultracointhread
Activity: 416
The best way to install the wallet is:

1. Delete all files in %Appdata%\Ultracoin  except wallet.dat (this is whre your coins are!)
2. Install ultracoin_733_win32
3. Create a file in %Appdata%\Ultracoin called ultracoin.conf
4. Add nodes to the file (just add his text to it):
          addnode=31.220.0.203
          addnode=192.99.8.7
          addnode=198.27.82.163

This are the addresses of the pools.

If you get stuck on some block, restart the wallet, it usually helps.
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Agree here

Its important that we have clear instructions on the wallet update procedure - and what to expect in terms of process and time to update/recode etc. Delete peers? reindex in command line etc etc?

urgently needed please Steven

Kracko a noob question about the wallet update. Please answe me.

I have the former version of the wallet V1041 on my laptop and i have some coins in the wallet.

Now arrived the new wallet version for an important update. http://[Suspicious link removed]/fljnhn

Can i just run this new update while the "old" V1041 is closed ?

And wil the new update run automaticly over the old version and update it the old version automaticly ?

Thanks for your answers....

Activity: 307
So glad I pointed my rigs elsewhere the other day.  What a mess UTC is in right now, looks totally pointless to mine, diff keeps sticking really high, loads of orphans, amazed the price has remained stable.

Nobody seems bothered that mining is totally screwed.

UTC have good dev team. They will resolve all soon.
Activity: 318
So glad I pointed my rigs elsewhere the other day.  What a mess UTC is in right now, looks totally pointless to mine, diff keeps sticking really high, loads of orphans, amazed the price has remained stable.

Nobody seems bothered that mining is totally screwed.

Jump to: