Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 197. (Read 381007 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Thanks.
I will update my wallets now that the Ultracoin management made that announce. And thanks Kracko for the work.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Hello members of the Ultracoin community,

Its been a long night, and we are still working on hammering out the fix. Rest assured that Kracko is in charge of the wallet development and has full backing of the Ultracoin team, including myself. I will put up a mediafire link when I can and work with xwebnetwork to get the official website updated. For now, anything that Kracko puts out specifically will be considered valid and official by the Ultracoin team. The reason for the version jump is because of certain protocol updates done to the wallet, but are all semantic.

Kracko had to work as quickly as possible that is why the files were uploaded on his Github account. I have been in direct contact with Kracko and we are working at all angles to get the situation addressed. A hard fork has been deemed necessary due to the network stalling from the difficulty adjustment. Transactions will not be able to take place and exchanges will not be able to process transactions until a successful hard fork can be achieved everyone updates to the new version. Keep checking back for updates.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]  

ok then Smiley
thank you
Activity: 416
Wallets are safe!
The problem now is mining Sad
 Абв туй само ное го копамв майCheesy
Activity: 476
Hello members of the Ultracoin community,

Its been a long night, and we are still working on hammering out the fix. Rest assured that Kracko is in charge of the wallet development and has full backing of the Ultracoin team, including myself. I will put up a mediafire link when I can and work with xwebnetwork to get the official website updated. For now, anything that Kracko puts out specifically will be considered valid and official by the Ultracoin team. The reason for the version jump is because of certain protocol updates done to the wallet, but are all semantic.

Kracko had to work as quickly as possible that is why the files were uploaded on his Github account. I have been in direct contact with Kracko and we are working at all angles to get the situation addressed. A hard fork has been deemed necessary due to the network stalling from the difficulty adjustment. Transactions will not be able to take place and exchanges will not be able to process transactions until a successful hard fork can be achieved everyone updates to the new version. Keep checking back for updates.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]  
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
When will the difficulty normalize???

I would also like to know.
It seems that nethash readings on poolside are somehow wrong and that causing inacurate diff (to high or to low)
ok... i have launched the "new" wallet with lower version... it is doing something with the blockchain database (blk-v2-0001.dat) for one hour already and still not started...
is that normal?

hope this will not ruin my wallet...
Activity: 416
When will the difficulty normalize???
I want to mine some, I bough enough today... Smiley Smiley
Activity: 829
Only YOU are insiniuting something. I'm just saying to NOT USE theses sources or wallet. If Kracko's work is APPROUVED by the entire dev team (and not only one member), it should be announced here, on official home page and could be downloaded via trusted links. Nothing less, nothing more.

That's how Ultracoin worked before, that's how is should continue to work. It's not just a minor update, it's a hard fork, something really serious.

@King_Pin

No problem, I am used to working under pressure! And I have considered setting up a phone line for just such a purpose. Maybe Skype messaging at a minimum?

Essentially the pool was simulating a time-warp, which is why the difficulty was yo-yo'ing, although without the actual exploit.

Also, Kracko has been working on the Android wallet and things are looking increasingly successful, so stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]

What else do you need about Kracko?
Extreme situations brings fast solutions, and noone works 24/7 so I'm sure new wallet will find it's place in official anns and web, OP, ...
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Only YOU are insiniuting something. I'm just saying to NOT USE theses sources or wallet. If Kracko's work is APPROUVED by the entire dev team (and not only one member), it should be announced here, on official home page and could be downloaded via trusted links. Nothing less, nothing more.

That's how Ultracoin worked before, that's how is should continue to work. It's not just a minor update, it's a hard fork, something really serious.

You know that the situation asked for an immediate solution right. I told you to research because you called Kracko the pool owner, not knowing he is one of the devs, doing tremendous things for UTC.. So if you don,t trust the links he posted, don't download, the ones following UTC for a while have no trust issues with it..
legendary
Activity: 910

Rude.   Undecided

Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Kracko is member of Ultracoin dev team. So what is the problem? Ultracoin team is doing a lot. Maybe you should read this forum?
No, Kracko is publishing sources from his own site with a different version numbers. Dont pretend it's the work of the official dev team.

Please research before you speak out nonsense.. Kracko is one of the devs!! You know the situation asked for an immediate solution, perhaps thats a reaseon its not released on the official page.. So stop your insiniuations..
Kracko is member of Ultracoin dev team. So what is the problem? Ultracoin team is doing a lot. Maybe you should read this forum?
No, Kracko is publishing sources from his own site with a different version numbers. Dont pretend it's the work of the official dev team.
Never trust unofficial sources. That's rule everyone should follow. I put the two official link where official wallets could be downloaded. Everything else is shit.
My new wallet is synching perfectly. Thanks Kracko!

question is if the "new" wallet is really new official one...
but it is definitely messing with the network, which is not nice.
legendary
Activity: 910
My new wallet is synching perfectly. Thanks Kracko!
like two dev teams working on one coin separately...
man this is messy!
you should unify the versioning!
you should announce officially if the update is mandatory or not!

my wallet version 1.0.4.1 wont sync now...
Activity: 307
Here is the latest wallet source:

https://github.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git
I dont understand why a pool owner will publish the new wallet sources while Ultracoin team is still not doing it...
I will never get sources from a non official site, either https://github.com/dx11/ultracoin-2/tree/dev or http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html

i can not use source, i need binary!
as pbbly a lot of other users...

#1337 look Krackos post

but hey... why the "new" wallet says version 7.3.3 if the "official" one is 1.0.4.1?!

Its seems working right. If I am not understand something wrong this "New" is the new official wallet and ultracoin dev team is doing new web pages so old wont get update. Why that version number .. Kracko knows...
Here is the latest wallet source:

https://github.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git
I dont understand why a pool owner will publish the new wallet sources while Ultracoin team is still not doing it...
I will never get sources from a non official site, either https://github.com/dx11/ultracoin-2/tree/dev or http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html

i can not use source, i need binary!
as pbbly a lot of other users...

#1337 look Krackos post

but hey... why the "new" wallet says version 7.3.3 if the "official" one is 1.0.4.1?!
Jump to: