Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ - page 45. (Read 922846 times)

global moderator
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
I made a translation to german: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inoffizielle-bitcointalkorg-regelnrichtlinienfaq-767079

The guidelines for threads are still in english, I will translate them tomorrow or so.
Added to the credits, thanks.
Activity: 533
Merit: 539
I made a translation to german: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inoffizielle-bitcointalkorg-regelnrichtlinienfaq-767079

The guidelines for threads are still in english, I will translate them tomorrow or so.
global moderator
Great work. Thanks.

You can add to rule Nr.18, that it´s forbidden to evade a ban with another account.
It can result in a permanent ban for all related accounts to this user.

If you are banned for a few days/weeks, you have to sit it out.
That's kind of intuitive, but I'll think about it (whether to add it to the FAQ or the rules).
Activity: 533
Merit: 539
Great work. Thanks.

You can add to rule Nr.18, that it´s forbidden to evade a ban with another account.
It can result in a permanent ban for all related accounts to this user.

If you are banned for a few days/weeks, you have to sit it out.
global moderator
The list very much, i just know some bitcointalk.org rules  Smiley

Actually i have few question (i don't want to open new thread) :
1. What should we do if we don't get paid after do signature-ad campaign
should we give negative trust / not Huh
2. Some provider in my country use Dynamic IP (the IP changed every time we connect to internet)
What will happen with my account if i got banned IP ?

And i think you should add post/activity, example : you become member if you have 60 activity
Regarding the IPs, if there was an IP ban issued, usually both the IP and the account get banned. When an IP gets banned, it gains "units of evil". I'll quote that part from the FAQ:

Q: Why is my IP banned? What are those units of evil?
A: Your IP might be banned because it was used by a user that got perma banned. Don't worry - IP bans decay over time if there's not too many of them during a small period. If you register using a banned IP, are using TOR, VPNs or well known proxies, you will have to pay a small fee. This is to prevent spammers while allowing legitimate members to post without many restrictions.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500

Apart from giving a negative trust, you should also create a new thread in scam accusations https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 with details provided.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
2. Some provider in my country use Dynamic IP (the IP changed every time we connect to internet)

And i think you should add post/activity, example : you become member if you have 60 activity

Trust system is not moderated. You can give positive or negative trust, there's no problem as long as you don't spam trust system. In this case you should write why they didn't pay you in a post and add that messages link for Reference.

Forum ranks are written in here: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?)
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
The list very much, i just know some bitcointalk.org rules  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
Also need to consider that someone with a compromised forum account, it's possible that they lost control of their private keys as well. It can get complicated quickly, and sometimes the only thing to do is nothing.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
PMs can't be edited and remain in the database as long as at least one party doesn't delete it. Since DefaultTrust isn't going to delete received PMs (theymos sayeth) and they can't be edited, that makes for a reasonably safe way to set your address in stone.

If a user hasn't sent it before and then their account is compromised and the hacker sends all the information to the DefaultTrust account, then it apears that the hacker is the owner of the account although that's wrong. I'm sure BadBear has mentioned before that it may not be accepted under certain circumstances. (may be wrong)

What I pointed out above is only one scenario, there are many which it could be abused some which I probably haven't even thought of. Also,  with people selling their accounts and sent their address to DefaultTrust prior to the deal and then once the money has been transfered and they try to reclaim their account by signing their address, then what would you do in this scenario? Who is the rightful owner? How would you even tell that this has occurred? If you even had a hint that this had happended you have to completely reject this as evidence.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
I was under the impression that sending a message to DefaultTrust is simply a precaution and may or may not be accepted as evidence.

PMs can't be edited and remain in the database as long as at least one party doesn't delete it. Since DefaultTrust isn't going to delete received PMs (theymos sayeth) and they can't be edited, that makes for a reasonably safe way to set your address in stone.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
I was under the impression that sending a message to DefaultTrust is simply a precaution and may or may not be accepted as evidence.
legendary
In regards to account recovery,did theymos or someone say somewhere to message Default trust with you address or something?
I did that a while ago. Would Stunna's confirmation that address xxx (listed on profile) was used for payout + me signing a message from it be enough?
I like to be prepared.
The address in your profile can easily be edited if you have lost your account. So can be posts. E.g. I could "quote" one of your posts saying that you own address X and use that later to hijack your account.

The PM to DefaultTrust is probably the only method that can not be manipulated later. As long as DefaultTrust does not delete your PM (not likely since this was suggested by theymos) its still on the server, but can not be edited.
I know that, this is why I'm asking would Stunna's confirmation be enough.
I've been with PD a while and have gotten a few payments; he could easily confirm that the address was owned by Lauda i.e. me. I was input from BB on this matter.

It's best to not have to rely on third parties, not only would one have to trust you, one would have to trust Stunna as well, and there is already enough to consider without having to throw that into the mix.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
I've been with PD a while and have gotten a few payments; he could easily confirm that the address was owned by Lauda i.e. me. I was input from BB on this matter.

Biggest problem with this is, as legit as it may seem, it still doesn't have to be accepted as proof. PM DT and forget about it.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
In regards to account recovery,did theymos or someone say somewhere to message Default trust with you address or something?
I did that a while ago. Would Stunna's confirmation that address xxx (listed on profile) was used for payout + me signing a message from it be enough?
I like to be prepared.
The address in your profile can easily be edited if you have lost your account. So can be posts. E.g. I could "quote" one of your posts saying that you own address X and use that later to hijack your account.

The PM to DefaultTrust is probably the only method that can not be manipulated later. As long as DefaultTrust does not delete your PM (not likely since this was suggested by theymos) its still on the server, but can not be edited.
I know that, this is why I'm asking would Stunna's confirmation be enough.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
Yeah that's fine, be careful who you trust with your account though, don't count on getting help if the other party steals it, sells it, or loses control of it somehow.  
I like to be prepared.

legendary
Terminated.
Yeah that's fine, be careful who you trust with your account though, don't count on getting help if the other party steals it, sells it, or loses control of it somehow.  
I like to be prepared.
legendary
legendary
Terminated.
Since I don't want to open a new thread just because of a single question (yet many tend to).
This might have been asked but I'm not sure.
What's the policy per 1 account; are 2 or more persons allowed to use on?
I mean only theymos and The Bear could see the IPs, but still. I'm curious.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
Would you by any chance be using any kind of script blocker, like the NoScript plugin for Firefox or ScriptSafe for Chrome?

Ah, that may be it. For me, the last nail in the coffin was the cosbycoin forum hack, so I'm not enabling JS in the forum even a minute in order to test that Smiley.

I can confirm it does show automatically no matter the settings if javascript from bitcointalk.org is blocked (e.g. with NoScript). If JS is enabled it changes depending on the settings.

Pages:
Jump to: