Pages:
Author

Topic: Unstoppable wallet {User experiences} - page 10. (Read 3013 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 22, 2023, 10:42:45 PM
I was just guessing that could be the reason. Since you still have it installed on your phone, can you try with Tron or USDT over Tron? I tested that a few moths ago when I downloaded the wallet, but I don't remember if there was an error message like on your end or if I just couldn't find those assets listed.

Same error as doge, can't add with 12 word wallet.

AtomicDEX.io might be one more alternative you can use for dogecoin, it also supports Bitcoin and other shitcoins, and you can even exchange coins if there is enough volume.
I don't like that for Bitcoin they are still using old style addresses starting with 1, and wallet is still in beta phase, but it works fine.
Probably best option for multicoin wallet is combination with some hardware wallets, but I saw other wallet called Stack also supports doge.

There are a couple of options for multicoin wallets, each have their own good and bad things. Although I don't like them in general, for a few dollars of coins they
work well enough. As I said, storing real amounts in a hot wallet is just asking for trouble. I tried atomicDEX.io it did work with no issues, didn't do something I needed, don't remember what. But no problems with it not working.

Other than being closed source, I don't know last time Coinomi developers updated their desktop wallet, not sure if similar situation is with their mobile app.

March of 2022.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
January 22, 2023, 06:44:00 PM
Please reply only after downloading and use that wallet.
I download and used Unstoppable wallet for some time and it works fine for me.
For someone who is not using bunch of shitcoins and likes privacy this is very good option for mobile wallet, but it can be improved in many areas and they should add list of supported coins.

Not a bad wallet if it works for you, but since it did not work for me I passed. But in the little time I had it that is what I noticed. I just tried again when I saw this post and the screen shots for the can't add just came from now so it's still an issue.
AtomicDEX.io might be one more alternative you can use for dogecoin, it also supports Bitcoin and other shitcoins, and you can even exchange coins if there is enough volume.
I don't like that for Bitcoin they are still using old style addresses starting with 1, and wallet is still in beta phase, but it works fine.
Probably best option for multicoin wallet is combination with some hardware wallets, but I saw other wallet called Stack also supports doge.

I am using Coinomi
Other than being closed source, I don't know last time Coinomi developers updated their desktop wallet, not sure if similar situation is with their mobile app.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
January 22, 2023, 10:43:01 AM
I am using Coinomi [yes I know all the issues with it but at the moment even with the increase in crypto prices over the last week it has a whopping $202 in it] the time and effort and everything else to either use separate wallets for all the coins is just not worth it for the amounts involved in a hot insecure wallet.
The vulnerabilities with Coinomi only concerned the desktop version of the software. Allegedly, of course. No one can verify or check anything anyway. Assuming you mean the issue with seeds ending up on Google servers for spellchecking. 

As for it not being supported, if that is the case then don't display the option to add it.
I was just guessing that could be the reason. Since you still have it installed on your phone, can you try with Tron or USDT over Tron? I tested that a few moths ago when I downloaded the wallet, but I don't remember if there was an error message like on your end or if I just couldn't find those assets listed.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 22, 2023, 10:27:23 AM
I was trying to replace my current multicoin wallet with it a while ago and kept running into issues.
Which multicoin wallet are you currently using? Just for the record.

Maybe Dogecoin isn't even supported yet.
Someone asked if DOGE was supported by Unstoppable two years ago, and according to reddit it wasn't at the time. And looking at your picture, I don't see a enable/disable switch next to DOGE. The same type of switch that is visible for DOLA, DORA, and the other alts there.

I am using Coinomi [yes I know all the issues with it but at the moment even with the increase in crypto prices over the last week it has a whopping $202 in it] the time and effort and everything else to either use separate wallets for all the coins is just not worth it for the amounts involved in a hot insecure wallet. Because ANY wallet on a phone is hot and not at all secure.

As for it not being supported, if that is the case then don't display the option to add it. I can see that being an issue as people try different things to see if they can get it to work before they give up and search for help so now they have created a bunch of wallets with a bunch of seeds for no reason.

-Dave
legendary
January 22, 2023, 10:06:24 AM
I was trying to replace my current multicoin wallet with it a while ago and kept running into issues.
Which multicoin wallet are you currently using? Just for the record.

Maybe Dogecoin isn't even supported yet.
Someone asked if DOGE was supported by Unstoppable two years ago, and according to reddit it wasn't at the time. And looking at your picture, I don't see a enable/disable switch next to DOGE. The same type of switch that is visible for DOLA, DORA, and the other alts there.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 22, 2023, 09:28:16 AM
1) Some issues with adding alts:

But it does not say what to use. Just that this one does not work.

2) If there is a way, I could not find it to have more then 1 account per coin. Might just be a Dave thing but I have BTC1 and BTC 2 and BTC 3 along with LTC 1 and LTC 2 and so on all on my phone. All small amounts since it's a hot wallet but it helps with the disaster I call accounting. (mining goes here, raffles go there, other sales go someplace else and so on)

3) As others have mentioned it can be slow.

Not a bad wallet if it works for you, but since it did not work for me I passed. But in the little time I had it that is what I noticed. I just tried again when I saw this post and the screen shots for the can't add just came from now so it's still an issue.

-Dave
legendary
January 22, 2023, 08:44:46 AM
I downloaded and installed the wallet a few months ago to see what all the fuss was about.
I remember that it gives you a choice on the length of your seed. You can use any of the standard number or words from 12 to 24. There is a button to enable and disable TOR and seeds can be extended with passphrases.

I didn't like that you can skip the seed backup step because lazy people can lose their money that way. And then they will blame Bitcoin, Unstoppable wallet, the world, and their mothers for making them the way they are. However, before you can generate a new BTC address to receive coins, the software asks you to backup your seed. I didn't check how this works exactly, but I am guessing the words will be displayed to you and you will have to prove you wrote them down by entering them back into the software.

Some other things I noticed is long sync times with the servers. I only tried it with bitcoin and it took several minutes to sync. If I was using this as a multicurrency wallet with 5 or 10 different coins, where each new coin requires 5-10 mins of syncing, it becomes a problem for people with slow internet and old phones.

The wallet doesn't support the same number of alts as closed-source clients. It can happen that the coin or token you want to use this wallet with isn't supported. The official website doesn't mention which assets are supported and it really should.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
January 21, 2023, 11:29:00 AM
Since the main topic is no longer active (Unstoppable Wallet,) I decided to create this topic to encourage members to download this wallet, conduct discussions about it, and then build on it. It is recommended instead of closed-source and poorly programmed wallets, which are often the first choice for everyone who wants to download a multi-crypto wallet.

Links:

Features:
  • Non Custodial: Have exclusive control over funds without relying on a custodian entity.
  • Multi Wallet: Safely manage multiple wallets capable of storing any token in a single app.
  • TOR Enabled: Keep the context of your connection private even from your internet provider.
  • Genuinely Private: There are no servers keeping user accounts or any kind of identifiers.
  • DeFi Enabled: Swap assets, stake assets and interact with any DeFi service via WalletConnect.
  • Action Alerts: Be among the first to react to price-impacting market events. Coming soon!

YouTube Links:

Please reply only after downloading and use that wallet.
You can email the team if there are any bugs or future recommendations.
Pages:
Jump to: