Pages:
Author

Topic: Unstoppable wallet {User experiences} - page 6. (Read 2894 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 01, 2023, 07:32:51 AM
I've noticed it before but never really paid attention until now: I sent a small LTC transaction to my own Unstoppable Wallet, and it didn't show up. Most wallets would show an unconfirmed transaction within seconds. By now, it has 2 confirmations, and it's still not visible. That's not good.

Update: At 27 confirmations, the transaction was still missing. I switched from "From Blockchain" to "API" and it showed up. Something isn't working correctly.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
September 30, 2023, 01:58:48 AM
I found a difference in synchronization when opening the unstoppable wallet app after updating. In version 0.35.1, synchronization is quite fast compared to previous versions.
Maybe. But I did not notice any difference. I finally concluded that I did not noticed any difference when I opened the second wallet that I left unopened for a long time, bitcoin was very slow to finally synchronized as usual which we have talked about on one or two of our previous posts. The same for litecoin.

Tor on the wallet application must be activated when we want it to work on an unstoppable wallet in the security section.
In this screenshot, I didn't activate it.
You are correct, but this is not my question. I was asking if I also need to enable Orbot or not. LoyceV and dkbit98 answered it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 306
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o
September 30, 2023, 01:19:44 AM

I found a difference in synchronization when opening the unstoppable wallet app after updating. In version 0.35.1, synchronization is quite fast compared to previous versions.

Anytime I connect Orbot, it always still fail Tor, but if I did not connect Orbot, it did not fail again as it was in version 0.35.0. Is Unstoppable having inbuilt Tor?

Tor on the wallet application must be activated when we want it to work on an unstoppable wallet in the security section.
In this screenshot, I didn't activate it.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
September 29, 2023, 03:39:09 PM
Anytime I connect Orbot, it always still fail Tor, but if I did not connect Orbot, it did not fail again as it was in version 0.35.0. Is Unstoppable having inbuilt Tor?
Yes it does but you have to enable it in settings because it's not enabled by default.
I can confirm that previous version 0.35 really had a problem with Tor connection, so I had to get back using previous version, now I can switch to 0.35.1
I hope they didn't break something again  Tongue
legendary
September 27, 2023, 09:05:35 AM
Good news, I can sync again Cheesy

Is Unstoppable having inbuilt Tor?
It must have it, I don't use Orbot.

My initial estimate of long-term bandwidth consumption was way off. It's "only" 1.4 GB in a few weeks now. Not great, not terrible.
legendary
September 27, 2023, 08:56:49 AM
Version 0.35.1 released, to resolve Tor issue: https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/releases

legendary
September 21, 2023, 07:15:16 AM
I don't know how it works and my knowledge of timelocks is non-existent. I won't use things that I don't know that could pose a risk of loss. Maybe I need to learn about timelocks before trying this.
There is nothing hard about lock time. But I see it better on wallets like Electrum or using Coinb.in for it. On the wallet I just mentioned, you can decide to also use a specific date and time, or you can use blockheight instead. On Electrum, you can even use unix time if you want.

On Unstoppable wallet, once you have enabled timelock under settings, and you want to make bitcoin transaction, you can set the time you want the bitcoin transaction to be broadcasted.

I do not like how the time lock is on Unstoppable for now, but some people may like as is it.

I do not see how it can lead to loss of coins, it can not. But it is possible that the time lock may not work as expected which might be the experimental Unstoppable wallet developers are referring to.

I will prefer to know the version they introduced timelock.
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o
September 21, 2023, 06:44:24 AM
I have tried to download the wallet today, I like the features in the market where if you want to know which coins are up and which coins are down like gainers and losers in coinmarketcap,

It seems that it is not recommended by them to use features such as market indicators in the unstoppable wallet in trading. It is impossible for us to buy coins when the display there says buy while the personal decision to buy cannot be made at that time.

have anyone tried the timelock, it says experimental at the moment, it also has news which, I think also helps when you want to see which coins will have an uptrend because of news good features, ill try later to transfer funds.

I don't know how it works and my knowledge of timelocks is non-existent. I won't use things that I don't know that could pose a risk of loss. Maybe I need to learn about timelocks before trying this.
This cannot be separated from what Joniboini said, that I am not familiar with timelocks.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 20, 2023, 08:31:03 PM
ave anyone tried the timelock, it says experimental at the moment, it also has news which, I think also helps when you want to see which coins will have an uptrend because of news good features, ill try later to transfer funds.
Are you familiar with timelock transactions or not? Maybe you should read some threads related to it before you try it. I don't see the point of making an experiment with it unless you have some need to make timelock-related transactions, especially if you're not that familiar with how it works. Not to mention they labeled it as an experimental feature. I'd rather wait and see until it becomes stable.
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o
September 20, 2023, 04:06:43 AM
In the SEAMLESS DONATIONS section of the version 0.35 update highlights, what does this mean?
On version 0.34.1. If you click on donate, you will see three addresses (bitcoin, ethereum and binance smart chain address) that you can copy and use for donation.

On version 0.35. If you click on donate, you will see the lists of coins that you enabled and the amount each has and you can click on any coin and proceed to donate directly.

I have seen the donation display in the version 0.35 update after I updated the application. It turns out that the coins I activated actually appeared in the donation section, because for bitcoin I only activated two BIP84 and BIP44.

When I was on version 0.34.1, before version 0.35, I didn't pay attention to the types of coins available in the donation section.
Thanks for you.
Activity: 532
Merit: 125
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
September 19, 2023, 08:58:21 PM
I have tried to download the wallet today, I like the features in the market where if you want to know which coins are up and which coins are down like gainers and losers in coinmarketcap, the seed phrase where you can choose how many words, 15, 18, 21, and 24, have anyone tried the timelock, it says experimental at the moment, it also has news which, I think also helps when you want to see which coins will have an uptrend because of news good features, ill try later to transfer funds.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 19, 2023, 08:41:39 PM
I have this weird issue where sometimes Unstoppable Wallet is very slow on syncing or even fails when there is no change with my internet connection. I also failed to connect to Tor. One solution is to restart the app but sometimes it does not work. Not sure what exactly is the issue here. Is there any way to see the logs to figure out what is wrong with the app?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
September 19, 2023, 07:03:49 PM
How? I can just not click the "bar graph icon", but I haven't found where to remove it.
I just clicked hexagonal settings icon, than in Appearance I disabled Market Tab.
After that I only have three icons on the bottom, first for coin balance, second for transactions, and third one for settings.
I was using wallet version 0.34.1 and no issues for me so far.

Version 0.35 shows "Failed to Connect Tor".
I never had issue with Tor on older versions, and I always keep it turned ON in settings.
I will wait a bit before updating to latest version 0.35, current one works just fine for me.
legendary
September 19, 2023, 02:54:16 PM
In the SEAMLESS DONATIONS section of the version 0.35 update highlights, what does this mean?
On version 0.34.1. If you click on donate, you will see three addresses (bitcoin, ethereum and binance smart chain address) that you can copy and use for donation.

On version 0.35. If you click on donate, you will see the lists of coins that you enabled and the amount each has and you can click on any coin and proceed to donate directly.
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o
September 19, 2023, 02:24:49 PM
Unstoppable wallet version 0.35 released: https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/releases
✂️

I almost missed the update info to version 0.35 and the application I'm using is still at version 0.34.1. I will update soon after this.

Of the three new updates to the unstoppable wallet version via github.com/horizontalsystems, there is a good sentence in the BUG FIXES section,
Stay tuned for more updates as we strive to make our wallet the best it can be.
There will be other updates that will be carried out by Unstoppable.

legendary
September 19, 2023, 01:18:38 PM
I have not used it with Tor (Orbot to be specific) before, but it failed when I tested it. I am surprised that the last update before version 0.35 also failed when I tested it just right now

I used Tor with Electrum wallet and it showed the blue ball at the upper right corner. I hope Unstoppable wallet developers will look into this.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
September 19, 2023, 12:34:01 PM
Unstoppable wallet version 0.35 released: https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/releases

The Wallet is separate from the Transactions. I'd expect to see all Transactions "under" each coin, instead of on a separate tab where I either see all coins, or have to select one again.
This feature is on the new version. Click on the coin and you will see the transaction history.

Edit:
I am unable to see the technical indicator again, but also on the older version. Am I correct? I think the analytic tab is replaced by 'overview'. I am not that using Unstoppable wallet until now, the reason I forgot about this easily.

Just updated my Unstoppable Wallet to the latest version. Below is the key highlights shown of this update when I was downloading it.

In the markets tab, i see only Overview, News and Watchlist. The transaction tab will show all the transactions. Don't remember how it was before the upgrade as i don't actively use the wallet. Only using it mainly for storing the altcoins for the mid to long term.  Anyway i like the new interface.

Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
September 19, 2023, 07:35:46 AM
legendary
September 19, 2023, 06:58:37 AM

The Wallet is separate from the Transactions. I'd expect to see all Transactions "under" each coin, instead of on a separate tab where I either see all coins, or have to select one again.
This feature is on the new version. Click on the coin and you will see the transaction history.

Edit:
I am unable to see the technical indicator again, but also on the older version. Am I correct? I think the analytic tab is replaced by 'overview'. I am not that using Unstoppable wallet until now, the reason I forgot about this easily.
legendary
September 19, 2023, 03:10:30 AM
I've never seen a crypto wallet that basically tells me to give up on crypto Cheesy
I have this option disabled
How? I can just not click the "bar graph icon", but I haven't found where to remove it.

And why would you even care about default settings for anything you use?
Good point. I guess I had higher expectations after the many good things I've read about Unstoppable Wallet.

Easy ''fix'':
Appearance - Tab Settings - Markets Tab - Switch Off.
I did, that removes the tab on the bottom of the wallet. But the "bar graph icon" is still there. If I click it, I can Hide Indicators, but that doesn't seem to change anything.
Pages:
Jump to: