Pages:
Author

Topic: Unstoppable wallet {User experiences} - page 7. (Read 2894 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
September 18, 2023, 03:12:51 PM
I've never seen a crypto wallet that basically tells me to give up on crypto Cheesy
I have this option disabled because I don't care about current fiat values and analytics so much, and it is just a distraction for me.
And why would you even care about default settings for anything you use?
Do you buy smartphone, car, tv and other crap and just use default settings or you set it up like it fits you.
This is basically just like buying a new car but not changing seat position to fit your height, or turning on air conditioning to hot during summertime...  Tongue

Easy ''fix'':
Appearance - Tab Settings - Markets Tab - Switch Off.

Activity: 322
Merit: 306
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o
September 14, 2023, 12:15:43 AM
It is not suggesting you to give up your coins, they are technical indicators.

By default, the timeframe is 1 day. That means it is giving the information based on one day analyses which can only be useful for day traders. It has 1 hours, 4 hours, 1 day and a week indicator. 1, 4 hours and 1 day are useful for days traders while 1 week is useful for swing traders. Indicators may also not be accurate and that makes trading to be dangerous. As a holder, you will not bother to check something like that.

As a new user of the unstoppable wallet, I agree that the technical indicators contained in the unstoppable wallet will not be the user's focus because trading users have their own strategies in determining when to buy and sell.
At least with the availability of hang technical indicators containing periods of 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day and 1 week, unstoppable wallet users who often carry out routine transactions get an idea that can strengthen their plans for that time when trading on other exchanges.

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
September 12, 2023, 12:37:07 PM
But you are right, wallets should not be for trading. Although, those are not the real indicators, it is only suggesting buy or sell but not indicating it in candle sticks that will tell the information in charts instead of suggesting it. In my opinion, I do not see it useful and candle sticks indicators would be better and not misleading.

I wonder where they are getting this data from ?

My guess is that they get this data from the trading view which also shows similar type of technicals.

What if you're a Newbie, got this wallet recommended, bought your first Bitcoin, and then the wallet tells you "sell"! I'm not sure yet if I'll be recommending this wallet.

A Newbie will not buy and sell based on this indication because he wouldn't know how to use the swap option in the unstoppable wallet. By the time he learns the swapping coins, he should be familiar with basic trading and know what he is doing (when to buy/sell). If he just experiments with different options in the wallet without learning, then it is only his mistake.
Don't know why people won't drive a car on the highway until they have sufficient experience, but they will experiment with their crypto with incomplete knowledge. Sad
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
September 12, 2023, 06:10:51 AM
I know what it says, my point is it's a weird thing to see when I was hoping to see my transaction history.

But you are right, wallets should not be for trading. Although, those are not the real indicators, it is only suggesting buy or sell
What if you're a Newbie, got this wallet recommended, bought your first Bitcoin, and then the wallet tells you "sell"! I'm not sure yet if I'll be recommending this wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
September 12, 2023, 04:26:14 AM
I've never seen a crypto wallet that basically tells me to give up on crypto Cheesy

By default, the timeframe is 1 day. That means it is giving the information based on one day analyses which can only be useful for day traders. It has 1 hours, 4 hours, 1 day and a week indicator. 1, 4 hours and 1 day are useful for days traders while 1 week is useful for swing traders. Indicators may also not be accurate and that makes trading to be dangerous. As a holder, you will not bother to check something like that.

But you are right, wallets should not be for trading. Although, those are not the real indicators, it is only suggesting buy or sell but not indicating it in candle sticks that will tell the information in charts instead of suggesting it. In my opinion, I do not see it useful and candle sticks indicators would be better and not misleading.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
September 12, 2023, 03:35:25 AM
I now have 4 coins in Unstoppable Wallet, and discovered the Analytics tab. All 4 coins show exactly the same:
Technical Indicators
Summary: Strong Sell
Moving Averages: Strong Sell
Oscillators: Sell

The Wallet is separate from the Transactions. I'd expect to see all Transactions "under" each coin, instead of on a separate tab where I either see all coins, or have to select one again.
All in all there are some design choices in Unstoppable Wallet that I would not have made myself.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
September 03, 2023, 09:00:17 AM
I agree. Maybe it's not useful on its own right now but as they integrate more exchanges to the app, it would definitely be worth it. I don't see why would someone check each exchange app he has individually when he can do it in one app.
You are right. If they have plans to integrate at least 5-10 of the most-used exchanges, then Unstoppable Wallet becomes useful for its portfolio overview as well.

Isn't this how all the wallets out there work? Trustwallet, Electrum, etc. you have to load each wallet individually. I don't think it makes a lot of sense from a user experience perspective to sync all the wallets (which is a time-consuming process) when you're not really sure if the user is going to open them later or not.
virasog was probably talking about individual crypto assets and not separate wallets. If you have one wallet on Unstoppable Wallet with a few coins in it, you are going to have to sync each of the blockchains and download data to your phone. It takes time.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
September 03, 2023, 03:42:33 AM
If you are using Binance on a smartphone, I am assuming you work with either Binance's iOS or Android app. A portfolio and wallet overview is available there. Unstoppable Wallet is a mobile wallet only. It doesn't have a desktop version. I don't see the point of looking at your Binance portfolio through a second app, like the Unstoppable Wallet if you can and already use the exchange's dedicated app. But that's for each individual to decide.

I agree. Maybe it's not useful on its own right now but as they integrate more exchanges to the app, it would definitely be worth it. I don't see why would someone check each exchange app he has individually when he can do it in one app.

Well, this sync probelm is not a big deal, the real problem comes if you have multiple wallets on Unstoppable wallet and you have to open each wallet to get it sync. Would it be better if the unstoppable wallet could sync all the wallets at same time.

Isn't this how all the wallets out there work? Trustwallet, Electrum, etc. you have to load each wallet individually. I don't think it makes a lot of sense from a user experience perspective to sync all the wallets (which is a time-consuming process) when you're not really sure if the user is going to open them later or not.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
September 03, 2023, 03:34:38 AM
- You can link your Binance account (read-only mode) to keep track of your balances (basically something like CoinStat, Delta, etc.). I'm hoping to see this added to other exchanges.
If you are using Binance on a smartphone, I am assuming you work with either Binance's iOS or Android app. A portfolio and wallet overview is available there. Unstoppable Wallet is a mobile wallet only. It doesn't have a desktop version. I don't see the point of looking at your Binance portfolio through a second app, like the Unstoppable Wallet if you can and already use the exchange's dedicated app. But that's for each individual to decide.
legendary
September 02, 2023, 01:15:59 PM
Well, this sync probelm is not a big deal, the real problem comes if you have multiple wallets on Unstoppable wallet and you have to open each wallet to get it sync. Would it be better if the unstoppable wallet could sync all the wallets at same time.
I noticed it as well. But I also noticed that if the synching is taking long, you can be doing other things on your device, like open another app and the synching will still continue and be completed.
legendary
September 02, 2023, 12:34:27 PM
I currently have 0.33.3 version and the only issue which i face is the syncing of the wallet. It takes a lot of time in synchronization. If you do not open wallet daily and open after a few days/weeks it takes considerable time. Specially the ZEC blockchain on my phone is still downloading the blocks on this wallet  Sad

Has this sync issue been addressed in this release, and should i update my wallet?

Not sure if things have changed since 0.33.3, but I don't believe so since there's nothing on the released page and this is the latest post I found from the team regarding this issue[1]. Apparently, there's nothing much they can do about it.

Do you know any other wallets that are faster? if so, maybe you should send them its name as they asked, that might help them.

[1] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/issues/6057#issuecomment-1529504444

I was using trust wallet before and there were no sync issues there for most of the coins which i had there in that wallet. It was after that FTX hack and this theymos post Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts, i stopped believing the exchanges and moved my funds to the Electrum and Unstoppable wallet.

That post is specifically asking for the ZEC wallet which sync real time and i had no idea of it because before that all my ZEC were on the binance exchange.

Has this sync issue been addressed in this release, and should i update my wallet?
I am using version 0.34.0 which is the latest version. I still notice the synching issue. Not often, but if I do not open the wallet for sometimes or a long time.

legendary
September 02, 2023, 12:19:16 PM
I am using version 0.34.0 which is the latest version. I still notice the synching issue. Not often, but if I do not open the wallet for sometimes or a long time.
staff
September 02, 2023, 12:18:36 PM
I currently have 0.33.3 version and the only issue which i face is the syncing of the wallet. It takes a lot of time in synchronization. If you do not open wallet daily and open after a few days/weeks it takes considerable time. Specially the ZEC blockchain on my phone is still downloading the blocks on this wallet  Sad

Not sure if things have changed since 0.33.3, but I don't believe so since there's nothing on the released page and this is the latest post I found from the team regarding this issue[1]. Apparently, there's nothing much they can do about it.

Do you know any other wallets that are faster? if so, maybe you should send them its name as they asked, that might help them.

[1] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/issues/6057#issuecomment-1529504444
legendary
September 02, 2023, 12:06:16 PM
So the 0.34.0 is now out. I was expecting more than this, but still, good features to have (the ones ones)[1]:

I currently have 0.33.3 version and the only issue which i face is the syncing of the wallet. It takes a lot of time in synchronization. If you do not open wallet daily and open after a few days/weeks it takes considerable time. Specially the ZEC blockchain on my phone is still downloading the blocks on this wallet  Sad

staff
September 02, 2023, 11:14:35 AM
So the 0.34.0 is now out. I was expecting more than this, but still, good features to have (the ones ones)[1]:

- You can now get support using Telegram.
- You can link your Binance account (read-only mode) to keep track of your balances (basically something like CoinStat, Delta, etc.). I'm hoping to see this added to other exchanges.
- And they also changed the way they estimate the fees.

And you can also now donate to the developers through the app settings.

@dkbit98 @Charles-Tim both Monero and Algorand are the roadmap[2][3].

[1] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/releases
[2] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/issues/6064
[3] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/issues/5743
legendary
Cashback 15%
August 29, 2023, 04:24:24 PM
Some altcoins that are on the wallet are shitcoins. Not supporting Algorand, Quantum and many other coins and it is supporting just the peg of some coins, or supporting tokens. The only reason I prefer the wallet is that it is open source and support passphrase, but there are some shit tokens on the wallet.
I don't know what you wanted to say really...
All coins except Bitcoin are shitcoins, especially that examples you mentioned, they are one of the worst shitcoins and it does not matter to me on what blockchain they are on.
Only usable altcoin that is missing is maybe monero for it's privacy, but all coins are disabled by default so you don't even see them if you don't use them.

I do not know much about altcoins.
You certainly know more than me...I never even heard about Quantum  Cheesy
legendary
August 29, 2023, 03:35:06 AM
Do we have any other wallet (apart from hardware wallets) that is better than the Unstoppable wallet for the altcoins ?
I do not know much about altcoins.

No that I know, except maybe Komodo Wallet (ex AtomicDEX) that can be used both as wallet and decentralized exchange.
But let's stay on topic Unstoppable wallet, no need to talk about other wallets here or to experiment with bunch of shitcoins.
What I noticed about Unstoppable wallet is that it has tokens (coin existing on another coin blockchain) or those coins that are pegged. The doge it has is on BSC, not on doge blockchain. Some altcoins that are on the wallet are shitcoins. Not supporting Algorand, Quantum and many other coins and it is supporting just the peg of some coins, or supporting tokens. The only reason I prefer the wallet is that it is open source and support passphrase, but there are some shit tokens on the wallet.
legendary
Cashback 15%
August 28, 2023, 05:54:26 PM
Do we have any other wallet (apart from hardware wallets) that is better than the Unstoppable wallet for the altcoins ?
No that I know, except maybe Komodo Wallet (ex AtomicDEX) that can be used both as wallet and decentralized exchange.
But let's stay on topic Unstoppable wallet, no need to talk about other wallets here or to experiment with bunch of shitcoins.
legendary
August 27, 2023, 02:30:13 PM
Open source, Non-custodial, Private, and support for many coins are the reasons I chose this wallet including available charts to analyze the market.
It is a good altcoins wallet. For Bitcoin, it supoort native segwit and pay-to-taproot addresses, but it is not supporting many other features. The one I most consider is to support replace-by-fee, but not supporting it.

If you need better bitcoin wallet, use Electrum, Sparrow or Bluewallet. Others are Blockstream Green, Samourai and Specter.

Usually when we talk about using the Unstoppable wallet, the main purpose is to store our altcoins in that wallet. For Bitcoin storage, Electrum is recommended.

By the way, currently i know that Trust Wallet is most widely used to store the altcoins but as it is closed source, i prefer unstoppable wallet.
legendary
August 13, 2023, 01:14:17 PM
I've heard about the bluewallet wallet, maybe I'll try using it when I'm ready to make a transaction.
In bluewallet is it available to do bitcoin testnet (sending and receiving)?
It is only supporting mainnet.
Pages:
Jump to: