Pages:
Author

Topic: Unstoppable wallet {User experiences} - page 5. (Read 2894 times)

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
October 29, 2023, 10:37:51 AM
Obviously, if they unlock it to find $50 inside, they will know there must be something else.
We're talking about hot wallets here, $50 is acceptable but I wouldn't want a lot in it anyway.

These ideas of an attacker and decoy wallets becomes quite complicated for regular people and even for people who are just trying to be practical and spend their bitcoin in various ways having some hot wallets and some cold wallets, but sometimes moving coins from hot wallets to cold wallets and sometimes the other way around, and surely maybe there are ways to mix coins and to make the decoy wallets seem more plausible, but how much time do we want to be spending on the matters of making our decoys more and more plausible. 

For example, we go through various efforts to make our decoys plausible, and then if it ends up that the attacker happens to have information about 3 out of 10 of our wallets, and we give him our decoy wallet #6, then at that point s/he has information about 4 out of 10 of our wallets... and we might not even know, until we are being beaten with the $5 wrench, about which wallets s/he has information and which ones not...and if we are being beaten, our thinking might not be as clear as we wished as it would have been under such scenario.

Surely one of the best defenses may well to be attempting to not be telling the whole world about our bitcoin wallets, and so if we are interacting and transacting, there may be ways to get used to rotating through hot wallets and decoy wallets so that there are no real ways for the attacker to really know about the other ones that may or may not exist, and so yeah, how persistent is s/he and is s/he trying to get us to give over bitcoin that we don't have.. but s/he has "good reasons" to believe that we might have more than what we are proclaiming to have during the waterboarding process.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
October 29, 2023, 09:15:29 AM
We're talking about hot wallets here, $50 is acceptable but I wouldn't want a lot in it anyway.
Sure, but in that case, why go through the trouble of creating multiple dummy wallets to protect small sums of money if you are already holding something insignificant there, and your priority should gravitate more towards usability and quick access instead of multiple security layers, hidden wallets, and such!? 
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 29, 2023, 08:22:25 AM
Obviously, if they unlock it to find $50 inside, they will know there must be something else.
legendary
October 29, 2023, 05:11:51 AM
"We'll just keep hitting him with a $5 wrench until he shares at least 5 wallets!".
Why just 5? How about 10? Hit him until you get all 10. We will then switch our focus to the other kneecap and ask him about his multi-sig setups and cold wallets. There are surely at least 5 of those.
Joking aside, if the attackers are that persistent, it doesn't matter how strong your security is because your health and that of your family is the priority.

The attackers should never know about the existence of multiple wallets, meaning you shouldn't have told anyone about it. If you go through the trouble of setting them up, then they should contain a sum that is worth protecting. Obviously, if they unlock it to find $50 inside, they will know there must be something else.   
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
October 29, 2023, 04:03:31 AM
Password 12345 will let you see the whole wallet (1, 2 and 3) as usual as it was
Password 11111 will only let you see wallet 1
Password 22222 will only let you see wallet 2
Password 33333 will only let you see wallet 3
"We'll just keep hitting him with a $5 wrench until he shares at least 5 wallets!".

They should consider adding the  Peacemaker into their next upgrade package to counter the threat of a $5 wrench attack.

Banter aside, I would add  into wallet  something like a panic combination (which resembles a password) for sending a location-aware GPS alarm to relevant security service when user faces a $5 wrench.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
October 28, 2023, 05:51:28 PM
Password 12345 will let you see the whole wallet (1, 2 and 3) as usual as it was

That surely could be one of the factors about $5 wrench attacks coming from a private party or maybe even from an institution or a state.  The attacker might believe that they have uncontroversial information about the existence of 5 wallets, when ONLY three exist, so no matter what the BTC HODLer strives to achieve, he may well find himself in an impossible situation in which he is likely going to get beaten over and over and over based on the wannabe know-it-all's wrong information.
legendary
October 28, 2023, 10:02:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
October 28, 2023, 06:27:38 AM
It has been 5 days ago, but I have just known about the new update today, Unstoppable wallet version 0.36.0

What is added in the update:

1. Security enhancements: Auto-Lock, Random Numpad and Duress Mode.
2. Full app backup, means users would be able to backup not just individual wallets but the entire app with an option to include or exclude desired wallets. Read more about it.
3. Zcash upgrade
4. AI-genersated project descriptions. Read more about it
5. Other fixes: updated Unstoppable Domains SDK, updated 1inch API, redesigned app Status screen, performance improvements, UI improvements in various places

What I like more about this upgrade is the Duress Mode. I have only noticed something like this on Bluewallet before, in a way you can have a fake wallet if you enter the fake wallet password and the real wallet will not be seen (no wallet is fake but I think you understand what I mean). Duress mode on Unstoppable wallet makes this possible, and you can set different password for your different wallet to be only seen.

Assuming I am having wallet 1, 2 and 3.
My password is 12345
I set duress wallet 1 password as 11111
Duress wallet 2 password as 22222
Maybe wallet 3 is having just little amount of coins (fake wallet). Not fake wallet but I think you understand what I am implying. And the duress password is 33333

I think this is good. I use weak password for illustrating it, not recommended. Use better passwords.
legendary
October 17, 2023, 12:14:34 PM
I thought I was not understanding what Pmalek posted until I went to Coinmarketcap site to confirm it and I saw 1.8 million plus cryptocurrencies. Although, on the app, I saw 26923 cryptocurrencies. Both are lies.
At the same time, CoinGecko shows a total number of only 10.4k coins and tokens. I am guessing CMC counts one token available on multiple blockchains several times. For instance, tether is a token you can find all over the place, so CMC will say there are 7 tether tokens (or whatever number of blockchains they can be found on). They might do the same for all wrapped, liquid, or 2nd-layer assets. 
legendary
October 17, 2023, 05:10:15 AM
[Yeah, that is true. Considering how common it is for shitcoin projects to fail or be abandoned by their development teams, I reckon that happens regularly.
New projects are modernized ponzi schemes. Some failed from the beginning. Some remain as shitcoins, become old and still fail.

Interesting! I never noticed that. CMC indeed shows "1.8M+" in the top-left corner. But if I scroll down and go to page 89, there are "only" 8884, and none of them show anything under "Volume (24h)".
I thought I was not understanding what Pmalek posted until I went to Coinmarketcap site to confirm it and I saw 1.8 million plus cryptocurrencies. Although, on the app, I saw 26923 cryptocurrencies. Both are lies.
legendary
October 17, 2023, 04:05:09 AM
Easy solution: just add them all, and see what pops up.
That's going to be fun. Grin I am looking at Trust Wallet's asset page where they claim they have support for +10 million assets. At the same time, CMC shows 1.8 million available cryptos in their database. Have I been asleep in the last years or since when do we count coins and tokens in the millions?
Interesting! I never noticed that. CMC indeed shows "1.8M+" in the top-left corner. But if I scroll down and go to page 89, there are "only" 8884, and none of them show anything under "Volume (24h)".
It looks like they're trying to impress gullible users by breaking the record. Just like phone screen protectors: it started with "2.5D", then went up to 3D, 4D, 5D, 9D, 10D, 12D, 100D, 999D, 10000D, 30000D, 50000D and 999999D. The marketing BS has reached ridiculous levels Cheesy

It becomes much more tricky if the wallet delisted one of your coins.
Yeah, that is true. Considering how common it is for shitcoin projects to fail or be abandoned by their development teams, I reckon that happens regularly.
In the same way, I still "own" Forkcoins that are absolutely worthless (and shouldn't have existed in the first place). I don't mind that my wallet doesn't support them, there's no point.
legendary
October 16, 2023, 02:32:55 PM
Easy solution: just add them all, and see what pops up.
That's going to be fun. Grin I am looking at Trust Wallet's asset page where they claim they have support for +10 million assets. At the same time, CMC shows 1.8 million available cryptos in their database. Have I been asleep in the last years or since when do we count coins and tokens in the millions?

It becomes much more tricky if the wallet delisted one of your coins.
Yeah, that is true. Considering how common it is for shitcoin projects to fail or be abandoned by their development teams, I reckon that happens regularly.
legendary
October 16, 2023, 01:07:23 PM
Does anyone know if they able to successfully recover all your assets without further input by the user regarding what blockchains to scan?
Easy solution: just add them all, and see what pops up. It becomes much more tricky if the wallet delisted one of your coins.
legendary
October 16, 2023, 11:35:11 AM
So this problem is not only with Unstoppable Wallet but with Ledger too. I am sure then there will be no way to scan all the blockchain in the trust wallet too.

This leaves us with only one option and that is to write the altcoins on a piece of paper or digitally somewhere, so if the coins are removed from the portfolio view, you know you have which coins in your portfolio.
I think that if you were to open a website like CoinMarketCap and read the names of coins from top to bottom, you would remember some or maybe all of the assets you put on your wallet. It doesn't help your heirs, though, who can't know what you have if you didn't write it down somewhere. I don't know how it is with closed-source multicoin wallets like Trust Wallet, Exodus, or some of the other brands. Does anyone know if they are able to successfully recover all your assets without further input by the user regarding what blockchains to scan?

By the way, I do not know why these wallets do not have such features and no one ever talked about it as we should have this feature  Huh
I am sure it's a time-consuming task to check all coins, tokens, and blockchains. We probably have tens of thousands by now.
Activity: 966
Merit: 280
October 15, 2023, 11:17:31 AM
Yes, i know that part, my question is that if i have a lot of altcoins on my wallet, how can i know which altcoins i have ?
I understand what you are asking. I played around with Unstoppable Wallet very briefly in the beginning and don't remember its interface at all now. You are worried that if you delete a coin/token from the portfolio view, that you won't know or might forget that you had it there in the first place. It's a valid question.

Does Unstoppable have a "scan all blockchains" feature or something like that, where the software will go through all supported assets to see if there are any transaction records that correspond to your portfolio? I highly doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Or can you access the complete transaction history associated with your wallets without adding individual coins to the software?

You better remember or take note of what you transfer there. That's the safest way. Going back to Ledger Live, when you install the software, its portfolio view is completely empty and doesn't show any balance either. You have to add the coins and tokens to it and let it scan the blockchain before it can display your balance. It's the same thing. If you forgot you moved a certain altcoin to your Ledger and don't have the app installed on the device or the coin added to your portfolio, you wouldn't know it's there. What I don't know, though, is if your wallet's transaction history will show records of transactions you performed that currently aren't part of your portfolio view. Huh

So this problem is not only with Unstoppable Wallet but with Ledger too. I am sure then there will be no way to scan all the blockchain in the trust wallet too.

This leaves us with only one option and that is to write the altcoins on a piece of paper or digitally somewhere, so if the coins are removed from the portfolio view, you know you have which coins in your portfolio.

By the way, I do not know why these wallets do not have such features and no one ever talked about it as we should have this feature  Huh
legendary
October 14, 2023, 04:18:53 AM
Yes, i know that part, my question is that if i have a lot of altcoins on my wallet, how can i know which altcoins i have ?
I understand what you are asking. I played around with Unstoppable Wallet very briefly in the beginning and don't remember its interface at all now. You are worried that if you delete a coin/token from the portfolio view, that you won't know or might forget that you had it there in the first place. It's a valid question.

Does Unstoppable have a "scan all blockchains" feature or something like that, where the software will go through all supported assets to see if there are any transaction records that correspond to your portfolio? I highly doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Or can you access the complete transaction history associated with your wallets without adding individual coins to the software?

You better remember or take note of what you transfer there. That's the safest way. Going back to Ledger Live, when you install the software, its portfolio view is completely empty and doesn't show any balance either. You have to add the coins and tokens to it and let it scan the blockchain before it can display your balance. It's the same thing. If you forgot you moved a certain altcoin to your Ledger and don't have the app installed on the device or the coin added to your portfolio, you wouldn't know it's there. What I don't know, though, is if your wallet's transaction history will show records of transactions you performed that currently aren't part of your portfolio view. Huh
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
October 09, 2023, 11:04:15 PM
Let's suppose, i have many different altcoins stored in the Unstoppable wallet and I accidentally removed some of the wallets from the main screen. Now how can I check through Blockchain (web), that my wallet contains which altcoins that have a balance?
Just like how you go through bitcoin blockchain explorer to track your transaction through txid. If you want to know the blockchain explorer that you can use for the altcoins, click on the coin on Unstoppable wallet, click on the coin that you received, you will see the txid and the block explorer that you can use to track it on a browser. Those explorers are what you can know offhand.

Example, in the metamask extension, we can have a lot of Eth based tokens and sometimes we do not add that particular token in the wallet but it do exist. So now i have many tokens, i don't remember which one i have so i go to https://etherscan.io/ , enter my ETH address and it will show all tokens along with their quantity.

Do we have the same thing for the Unstoppable wallet?

There is no explorer where you can find all the Unstoppable wallets coins and their balances listed in once place. You have to copy the bitcoin address and check its balance blockchian.info. Similarly, for Ethereum and eth related tokens can be found at Etherscan. Same goes for BSC based tokens (https://bscscan.com/). Litecoin has its own explorer and so there are many coins having their own block explorers.

I understand your point of view and i will suggest you that when you deposit in any new altcoins in unstoppable wallet, make a note of that altcoin in your diary or somewhere. So in case you do delete the altcoins from the main screen, you always know in which altcoins you have balance. There may be any better way but i can only think of this way right now.
October 08, 2023, 05:18:45 PM
Let's suppose, i have many different altcoins stored in the Unstoppable wallet and I accidentally removed some of the wallets from the main screen. Now how can I check through Blockchain (web), that my wallet contains which altcoins that have a balance?
Just like how you go through bitcoin blockchain explorer to track your transaction through txid. If you want to know the blockchain explorer that you can use for the altcoins, click on the coin on Unstoppable wallet, click on the coin that you received, you will see the txid and the block explorer that you can use to track it on a browser. Those explorers are what you can know offhand.

Example, in the metamask extension, we can have a lot of Eth based tokens and sometimes we do not add that particular token in the wallet but it do exist. So now i have many tokens, i don't remember which one i have so i go to https://etherscan.io/ , enter my ETH address and it will show all tokens along with their quantity.

Do we have the same thing for the Unstoppable wallet?
legendary
October 08, 2023, 05:06:51 PM
October 08, 2023, 04:54:19 PM
I have been using Unstoppable Wallet for a while now and have had a very good experience. However, i have one query and that is how can we check through the blockchain (web) that our wallet contains which tokens and their quantity?

A bit of explanation is here. We need to first add the crypto to our wallet and then get its deposit address and then we can deposit that crypto to our unstoppable wallet. Now we can even remove the crypto from the interface but the amount of coins still remains in our wallet (in blockchain).
Pages:
Jump to: