Pages:
Author

Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam - page 24. (Read 69410 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Sigh, I just finished reading the whole thread... After some pages it just gets a waste of time because the same arguments are being brought up everytime in a slightly new form. Pretty frustrating to see all this energy put into defending against accusations instead of making the coin better.

I can't conclude anything else that literally every accusation ('hypothesis') has been debunked / countered with valid arguments. Only commentary which holds truth is the monero code/project being far from done. This though, is actually something the devteam keeps saying, the project is in alpha.

It's a shame that for 'ordinairy' people (as in outsiders) it's getting too much time consuming to keep up with all this drama. I was listening to Let's Talk Bitcoin, and noticed they couldn't form a opinion because of all mud throwing. It seems that the crapload of BS is clogging people's view (exactly the goal iyam). If I weren't personally invested and brought in some other participants as well, I wouldn't invest the time/effort to try to keep up with all this BS and see if there's more truths than monero being alpha-stage. A shame, like I said, because it is a very promising project. People could be missing out because of this, and that means the shills/FUDsters are (partly) succesful.

What I'm taking from all this:
- Monero is a legit project. The most legit one out (t)here.
- There is a LOT at stake for some people catapulting this FUD-campagin into overdrive. Makes me more confident about the disruptive potential.
- I made a good call investing in this as well as notifying people around me. Whether it turns out profitable or not, it is worth the shot/gamble (if you will).
- An expanded ignorelist
- a strong belief that the devteam should stop responding to these acquisitions. Maybe some of the prominent members can take up this role, and sometimes being backed by a dev if necessary. But the main goal of the dev's must be DEV, and not DEF (defending Smiley

Yes my account is new, I have been lurking around here from feb 2013 tho.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
see the more you look the more it stinks..

The 82% premine they're talking about belongs to Bytecoin.

it's kinda funny to watch the trolls say "Monero is a stupid clone ... should use the original" & then "Bytecoin scam 82% premine"

no way to win this one  Roll Eyes

The worst part is that Monero is comprised of so many people who would have otherwise supported Bytecoin if not for the 82% premine. Mindfuck.

Will take months to sort out, likely to be resolved before Dec 6th IIRC Smiley

This is what pisses me off so bad.  Cryptonote is the ONLY alt I've actually been excited about.  But the energy behind it was largely wasted - it would've had enough inertia by now to likely have unseated ltc if it had been a fair launch from the beginning.  And the original creators would've been much better off than they are left holding bags of their mega scam.

It set the entire possibility of a legit solid anon coin back ... a long way

I agree with you. I would have preferred a legitimate launch of Bytecoin (or whatever it would have been called) with no hidden primine, no lies and fraud, and no sea of shill clone coins. It wasn't to be though. Monero is unfortunately the best we can do.

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

what's dec 6th?

Just part of the same sequence that the coin has adhered to within ~90% since its inception. Time will tell me if i'm wrong, and in fact I've actually lost money on trying to prove myself wrong doing so.

This is what pisses me off so bad.  Cryptonote is the ONLY alt I've actually been excited about.  But the energy behind it was largely wasted - it would've had enough inertia by now to likely have unseated ltc if it had been a fair launch from the beginning.  And the original creators would've been much better off than they are left holding bags of their mega scam.

Let it piss you off. I've said it from about the first ten posts since I've been here, they only want your tears. Nothing more.

Consider the stunted excitement as part of a process that otherwise would have been premature. You know this, just as well as anyone buying this knows this. Without it, I would have walked away months ago.

Remember, CZ himself made the statement that most likely the creators of the technology were paid by the  ones who wanted the technology. The conclusion this leads me to is that the creators of the technology found out about the plans of the ones paying them prematurely and reacted. This would explain why he needs to remain anonymous, for fear of his life or extortion. Money and world-changing events do not always invite the best of company, perhaps in this case some of the better ones took a chance on intervening..

If this is what quite a few people think it really is, then a few months are nothing to wait for. Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens around 90%, measured in days of December 6th to see the next (add: Price) event. Just me though.
legendary

Hexah, the exposed sock puppet, is that you?

Your font is too small bro.

legendary

I think this was more like a accident and they didn't know how to fix or what to do after that...like Darkcoin had...

Premining 82% by accident doesnt happen like every day, does it?

It's just, it is to stupid to think who made a new type of coin and then to premine it like ripple which would never go higher then some random alts.
There is definitely more behind it then greed.

Greed can and does make otherwise smart people do stupid things.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

it's kinda funny to watch the trolls say "Monero is a stupid clone ... should use the original" & then "Bytecoin scam 82% premine"

no way to win this one  Roll Eyes

The worst part is that Monero is comprised of so many people who would have otherwise supported Bytecoin if not for the 82% premine. Mindfuck.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

what's dec 6th?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

no way to win this one  Roll Eyes

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

no way to win this one  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

I think this was more like a accident and they didn't know how to fix or what to do after that...like Darkcoin had...

Premining 82% by accident doesnt happen like every day, does it?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Yeah, actually it says that Bytecoin is a sure scam and that monero community took over the development from the same scammers that created bitmonero. And that there are allegations that although monero seems good there isnt as big community as it is showing. Dunno number 4 volume for days or weeks and anyway in top ten volumes like from forever looks like enough people are interested. But you can keep up attacking monero in order to have your premined scamcoin have 5-10btc volume.

I really cant understand you guys. Why premine bytecoin when it was solid tech. how greedy can someone be?
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
what is to unveil ? it's rather obvious..  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Love this thread.

I would love it if an honest trusted dev would assess the submitted code of the top 20 alt coins and give a baddass-dev score to each.

I want to invest in coins that are truly backed coders that understand crypto and can code the lights out. That is all I really care about.

Then maybe you need to start paying more attention to the Monero core team, of which I am a member, rather than reading silly threads filled with FUD where I've already decimated OPs comments, demonstrating that BCN took code from Monero and merged it without attribution.

You'd do well, too, to look at some of our other projects: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768499.0;all
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
Love this thread.

I would love it if an honest trusted dev would assess the submitted code of the top 20 alt coins and give a baddass-dev score to each.

I want to invest in coins that are truly backed coders that understand crypto and can code the lights out. That is all I really care about.

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
isnt cryptonote a big coming thing?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
This is just what he admits too.  I would consider it to be much more.
11 mins ago   rpietila   Somebody wanted to know this so here you go - my xmr trading since it first hit 470 (about 1.5days ago)
10 mins ago   rpietila   has made 1.6 btc profit before fees

Remember having said that. Right after the others were asking if I really don't have better things to do than spending 1.5 days glued to the keyboard to earn about €500. I needed to defend myself saying that if I did not, the Monero liquidity would be much less than it is now, and proceeded by saying that 35% of the bids above the recent bottom were actually mine, because nobody else had had time to fill his.

I have also had 25% of the bids in BTC China, and there we were talking about 50x bigger money.

Monero to me is currently nothing that I plan to support me financially. I support Monero, with providing support to the devs, liquidity to the markets, marketing, even technology.

But the enemies are trembling - Monero is like a battle line where the largest battleships of Bitcoin are taking their place, loaded and constantly loading with more coins, ready to unleash the financial privacy upon everyone who might be interested.

You're full of it, and as convincing as a Bridge Salesman in London.

But people fall for it ... so very sad
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1150
I removed it because I meant to say "much of" - the Tweet as originally written gave the inaccurate impression that Cryptonote is written exclusively in C, which just isn't true. I removed it pretty quickly, within about an hour.

In fact the only part that is written in C are the crypto libraries, most of which probably came from other projects (though much the history is not visible to us).

Yup, which is a pretty serious problem because you need to be able to audit that those libraries were actually copied over correctly, are up to date, and actually do what they claim to do; sounds like there's even real reasons to suspect that the codebase may even have backdoors and other flaws deliberately added by the original CN team, let alone more prosaic flaws. While Bitcoin's use of OpenSSL had it's own set of problems, it did ensure that the huge C codebase of OpenSSL was at least the same huge C codebase everyone else used, flaws and all.

But again to be clear, like I've said elsewhere, these are all fixable problems and the Monero team is working on fixing them.
Pages:
Jump to: