Pages:
Author

Topic: USB ASIC ERUPTER - Setup & Config. BCG Miner, cgminer & Hubs "Oh Pi"! - page 11. (Read 156864 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I used cgminer 3.2.1 to connect to btcguild, but I get this error:

[2013-06-16 14:14:28] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a Windows USB driver for - AMU device 2:5
[2013-06-16 14:14:28] Icarus detect (2:5) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

I did install the driver CP210x_VCP_Windows on my win8 PC, and the USB erupter works fine with Bitminter using its client.

My script is:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxx -p yyyy

can someone help please.
It tells you why exactly there. You need to install a windows usb driver. As the docs say, you DO NOT USE THE FTDI DRIVER that other software uses, when using cgminer. You'll see exact instructions for it spelt out in the ASIC-README included with cgminer.

Should I uninstall the driver CP210x_VCP_Windows ?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

[2013-06-16 14:14:28] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a Windows USB driver for - AMU device 2:5
[2013-06-16 14:14:28] Icarus detect (2:5) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

I did install the driver CP210x_VCP_Windows on my win8 PC, and the USB erupter works fine with Bitminter using its client.

My script is:

can someone help please.
It tells you why exactly there. You need to install a windows usb driver. As the docs say, you DO NOT USE THE FTDI DRIVER that other software uses, when using cgminer. You'll see exact instructions for it spelt out in the ASIC-README included with cgminer.

My script is:

can someone help please.

New cgminer version, 3.2.2, hopefully fixes a lot of bugs with the direct USB behaviour on these devices.

but is there a way to make it working? seen a few posts say it works for them...
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

My script is:

can someone help please.

New cgminer version, 3.2.2, hopefully fixes a lot of bugs with the direct USB behaviour on these devices.

My script is:

can someone help please.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
try this as an alternative

exsys ex-1177hmv

Nice. Has surge protection.
Do you know of anyone using them?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
try this as an alternative

exsys ex-1177hmv

Activity: 378
Ironically, I started playing around with the infrared temp gun yesterday and the ambient temp of the room seems to be the biggest factor. In the afternoon, the highest temp was ~120F. This morning it is ~110F. The inductor(along with the support chips) is about 5 degrees lower. I'm waiting on another Anker hub and I have an extra one plugged straight into a PC port vertically and it has a spot near the LED in the ~135F range. But the same area on the 9 in the hub is fine.
Activity: 399
Hmm - after a few hours of testing with the added heatsink, I'm seeing no significant reduction in error rate.
(This was w/ a 120mm ThermalTake fan, btw)

I'm guessing we might see some benefit from replacing the large stock heatsink w one that has a greater surface area (such as the one seen on the emerald prototypes) - but again, just a guess.  No doubt that friedcat did plenty of testing before finalizing this design - always fun to experiment tho.

I suspect that adding a heat-sink on the 'back' of the chip is not going to achieve much..., the thermal resistance is too high.

What is the temp on the inductor next to the chip and the DC/DC control chip?

Also looking at the board & it's PSU... it could do with a couple of tants. NOT ecaps...

also a bit surprised that the 'crypto' chip does not appear to be 'decoupled'...

But first point would be the temp on the inductor....
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Maybe it would help to have a cross piece added to the heatsink that hangs over the sides like a telephone pole's crosspiece.
I have a couple ideas but need to implement first...
Activity: 378
Maybe it would help to have a cross piece added to the heatsink that hangs over the sides like a telephone pole's crosspiece.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Hmm - after a few hours of testing with the added heatsink, I'm seeing no significant reduction in error rate.

I'm guessing we might see some benefit from replacing the large stock heatsink w one that has a greater surface area (such as the one seen on the emerald prototypes) - but again, just a guess.  No doubt that friedcat did plenty of testing before finalizing this design - always fun to experiment tho.

I do think the Emerald type heat sinks protrude so much they heat up the Erupter next to it in the Hub.
Hub spacings are too tight.
Activity: 299
I take it error rate % is determined by HW/A * 100 (cgminer)? Also mine is holding at 330MHs. Anyone getting better? No fans, plugged into my desktop.

Mine are holding at 335.5MHash/s. Error rate about 4.5/m but this is without any cooling.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
I take it error rate % is determined by HW/A * 100 (cgminer)? Also mine is holding at 330MHs. Anyone getting better? No fans, plugged into my desktop.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
As cool looking as these are, and as much as I want to get into ASIC, it looks like these will probably never earn you your 2BTC.  At current difficulty, it would take something like 240 days to recover your investment, but we all know difficulty is shooting through the roof.  Considering the basic chip is around $10 in bulk, the whole shebang should be going for around $50.  I know you didn't set the price Canary, but that's my .02 BTC.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

I'm guessing we might see some benefit from replacing the large stock heatsink w one that has a greater surface area (such as the one seen on the emerald prototypes) - but again, just a guess.  No doubt that friedcat did plenty of testing before finalizing this design - always fun to experiment tho.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Check out the mini heat sink mod attached right to the chip.
It's on the mail page here on bottom under ***MODS***

That would be a an excellent test to see what happens...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2326671

I'll take 10 of those please.

I plan on testing one out later today - let you know how it goes.
Stick a little peltier cooler on it and freeze it then crank up the v's!

No don't..... it is a STUPID idea......

1. Peltiers consume a MASSIVE amount of power for the cooling you get.
2. There is a significant cooling down time.
3. They fail silently.
4. You STILL need a fan....

was jk...
 Wink
Pages:
Jump to: