Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 121. (Read 415431 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
https://vertcoin.org/wp/ann-vertcoin-elasticity/

it is now a matter of implementation

Share some details please, otherwise it sounds like block reward will rely on exchange api/price.

As far as I understand; no demand and low price results in small blocks and vice versa.

How the hell coin can know that demand is low and price is low?
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

Share some details please, otherwise it sounds like block reward will rely on exchange api/price.

As far as I understand; no demand and low price results in small blocks and vice versa. So, first I set my miners on VTC, then immediately buy the coins on exchanges, then block reward goes skyhigh, then I mine even more coins. Everyone wakes up and starts buying VTC, then I mine even more and then I sell all VTC for nice price.
legendary
Activity: 1904

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Only just noticed the new development roadmap, for which I apologise.

To make it up, I wrote a small new article, which can be found here.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hi, what's going on with your sister coin zerovert? is it abandoned or are the devs working on improving it / bringing it over to lyra2re as originally proposed.

Please advise what the next steps are for zerovert as simple ignoring it doesn't boost confidence for vertcoin either as the devs are linked to both projects and the PR image of one will effect the other.

Thanks

ZeroVert is Bushido's project and has no real link to VTC besides its (ex)mergeminability. It is up to Bushido whether he wants to maintain it, the rest of the dev team have no control over such things.

James, thanks for making things a little clearer, is Bushido still an active dev in vertcoin though or has he completely left for zerovert / other projects.

He is still around, but no where near as active as he used to be. Adam has been the project leader for quite a while now.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi, what's going on with your sister coin zerovert? is it abandoned or are the devs working on improving it / bringing it over to lyra2re as originally proposed.

Please advise what the next steps are for zerovert as simple ignoring it doesn't boost confidence for vertcoin either as the devs are linked to both projects and the PR image of one will effect the other.

Thanks

ZeroVert is Bushido's project and has no real link to VTC besides its (ex)mergeminability. It is up to Bushido whether he wants to maintain it, the rest of the dev team have no control over such things.

James, thanks for making things a little clearer, is Bushido still an active dev in vertcoin though or has he completely left for zerovert / other projects.
legendary
Activity: 1120
someone should explain to me why you this great coin with innovation is such a price level?

Thanks

Activity: 14

Thanks
So ive been thinking about what needs to be done to turn this coin around... i'm going to be stating the obvious, we need uses for the coin like others have stated but just as importantly we need to support busineses that accept vert...

1) Have you ever purchased something with Vert and if so what was it and where?
2) Is there an index of businesses that accept vert? If so go there and buy the hell out it Smiley

We really need to get people spending Vert or this is all a waste of time.

1) Yes, many times. I regularly pay for my server rent and most recently purchased my Christmas gifts via purse.io (all using VertVerser).
2) Yes - http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2kgl3w/merchant_monday_october_27_2014/
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
So ive been thinking about what needs to be done to turn this coin around... i'm going to be stating the obvious, we need uses for the coin like others have stated but just as importantly we need to support busineses that accept vert...

1) Have you ever purchased something with Vert and if so what was it and where?
2) Is there an index of businesses that accept vert? If so go there and buy the hell out it Smiley

We really need to get people spending Vert or this is all a waste of time.
Activity: 378
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Vertcoin?
new thread again?
legendary
Activity: 3164
just transfered 65 VTC to an exchange, that was over a week GPU-mining, no cent profit at all, think relation earnings to costs is around 20 %, I am in it not for the money, but for what ?

That's exactly what I was saying...  Grin
if it isn't profitable don't sell... wait...  what can I say  Grin
sure it can get worst (or not), but that won't change a lot for you that you sell them or not...
seriously 3$ do you really need them now ?
The main problem is that all miner tends to think like that... then price decreases...

I am not a big trader, but what's clear is don't sell if you don't need too...

Not all miners think like that. And what do you mine?  Grin
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Hi to all.
Please, help me with ccminer config. Got ccminer from official source, trying to run with cmdline:

ccminer.exe -a lyra2 -o stratum+tcp://pool.verters.com:4444 -u snpminer.1 -p x

ccminer runs, connects to pool, periodically showing some statistics from GPU0, but no accepted shares during a few hours of mining Sad Found some info about forcing of diff setting, tried --diff 50, --diff 128, but no effect Sad
Please, help to get the miner work.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Hardware is GT 630.
what is the compute version of the gt 630
Activity: 378
Hi, I used to hold VTC long ago and held the coin for a long time, finally I sold couple months ago.
Now reading this and the previous topic, I come to only one conclusion. Full concentration has to be on acceptance.
Maybe XPY ( allthough, I think chances are greaty that it's scam and will quickly crash) is a nice example what the public wants. All XPI buyers are entering because they made a nice website with walmart and macy accepting XPY.
At the moment investors only want to invest in coins that manage or seem to manage a width acceptance. People are not interested in premine, algo or whatever anymore. Noone cares about premine anymore, look at XRP and STR.
At the moment I am considering buying a lot of VTC because I think the coin is cheap, but I am not really sure if there any chance at all that VTC can omplete with other coins in the acceptance aspect. I like the aspect very much to have the option to pay  with VTC everywhere BTC is accepted, it's fantastic, but there is some campaign needed to make people do spend VTC.

Still considering....I need someone who convinces me to buy.

make your own decisions. But I think VTC is a good buy atm because we see a bottom imo. With the low supply available there will be higher prices in the future i think. We should not wait till devs work for more market acceptance. everyone can go to a merchant he likes and ask if it was possible to buy with VTC or BTC. then use the app.

As VTC has a great algo which can be changed quickly devs have more time to work on different apps. so I think in the next year we will see some new things.

As mentioned on the blog: Vertans should help and say what development would be good. This is a great possibility to change something. Devs hear what you say. So pls think about changes that could be helpfull.

legendary
Activity: 1292
Akvilon_v, дpyжищe!
Tы cдeлaл мoй вeчep!))
бpocaй этy кyxню нa пepвoм жe пaмпe - oни eщe пoлгoдa peшaть бyдyт чтo им дeлaть дaльшe, и кaк вceгдa пpидyмaют кaкyю-нибyдь никoмy нe нyжнyю xpeнaтeнь, и бyдyт гoвopить :  "Дa пox нaм нa цeнy, глaвнoe жы иннoвaции, блeaть!"
этo peaльнo мoнeтa для гикoв, a нe для инвecтopoв.
Я cкидывaть нe бyдy в любoм cлyчae, тaк для ceбя peшил. Пoтepяю вcё - xyй c ним, xoть дeньги и нeмaлыe. Ecли я cкинy, вepтoлeт тyт жe oтпpaвитcя штypмoвaть нoвыe нeизвeдaнныe глyбины.  Grin

Ha caмoм дeлe, из вceй кpипты я бoльшe вceгo вepю имeннo в вepт пo цeлoмy pядy пpичин. Eдинcтвeннoe oпaceниe - чтo paзpaбы бpocят caппopт пpи низкoй кaпитaлизaции, т.к. в этoм cлyчae в фoнд ниxyя coбpaть нe yдacтcя.
Bo вceм ocтaльнoм, в пpинципe, вce нopмaльнo:
мaйнинг нe выгoдeн - cдoxнeт эннoe кoл-вo мaйнepoв, a нe вepт;
yпaдeт цeнa - cдoxнeт гope-cпeкyлянт, a нe вepт;
a вoт ecли paзpaбы бpocят мoнeтy - тyт yж пиздa вepтy. Имeннo этoт eдинcтвeнный мoмeнт и бecпoкoит.

мoлoдцы, english please
Activity: 40
Akvilon_v, дpyжищe!
Tы cдeлaл мoй вeчep!))
бpocaй этy кyxню нa пepвoм жe пaмпe - oни eщe пoлгoдa peшaть бyдyт чтo им дeлaть дaльшe, и кaк вceгдa пpидyмaют кaкyю-нибyдь никoмy нe нyжнyю xpeнaтeнь, и бyдyт гoвopить :  "Дa пox нaм нa цeнy, глaвнoe жы иннoвaции, блeaть!"
этo peaльнo мoнeтa для гикoв, a нe для инвecтopoв.
Я cкидывaть нe бyдy в любoм cлyчae, тaк для ceбя peшил. Пoтepяю вcё - xyй c ним, xoть дeньги и нeмaлыe. Ecли я cкинy, вepтoлeт тyт жe oтпpaвитcя штypмoвaть нoвыe нeизвeдaнныe глyбины.  Grin

Ha caмoм дeлe, из вceй кpипты я бoльшe вceгo вepю имeннo в вepт пo цeлoмy pядy пpичин. Eдинcтвeннoe oпaceниe - чтo paзpaбы бpocят caппopт пpи низкoй кaпитaлизaции, т.к. в этoм cлyчae в фoнд ниxyя coбpaть нe yдacтcя.
Bo вceм ocтaльнoм, в пpинципe, вce нopмaльнo:
мaйнинг нe выгoдeн - cдoxнeт эннoe кoл-вo мaйнepoв, a нe вepт;
yпaдeт цeнa - cдoxнeт гope-cпeкyлянт, a нe вepт;
a вoт ecли paзpaбы бpocят мoнeтy - тyт yж пиздa вepтy. Имeннo этoт eдинcтвeнный мoмeнт и бecпoкoит.

Jump to: