Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 14. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 1
January 19, 2019, 12:16:10 PM
It is a good idea to replace traditional identity verification. We may know the participants are real with video calls. It helps us avoid cheaters with high photoshop levels . But it should be applied appropriately and ensure data safety.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
January 19, 2019, 12:08:27 PM
I think it's quite effective if used, KYC is very helpful if someone wants to cheat. the application that I think is good for video calls is telegram. I like some of the features of this telegram.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 19, 2019, 11:58:01 AM
Yes it's possible and some months ago a bounty campaign required that using whatsapp.. I don't remember campaign but it was a very quick video-call where I had to show my ID card with me.
January 19, 2019, 11:55:56 AM
For me i think it can be possible and it is good and favor to both parties. I mean instead of document only it is better video call so that face to face we can talk upon verifying and every time there's a problem it can be easily to handle and fixed immediately.
Activity: 574
January 19, 2019, 11:54:20 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

I think a video call for KYC verification is possible. But I don't think this is the best way to pass KYC. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not yet seen suitable applications.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
January 19, 2019, 11:48:53 AM
For some exchanges they require a video call if you want to reach the highest tier for deposits and withdrawals.
For bounties and airdrops, I feel it's totally unnecessary.
Also, any form of kyc for bounties and airdrops is ridiculous.

I've never done a bounty that requires kyc.
If they ask for it after the bounty ends, then I just refuse and don't get paid.
I only do signature campaigns, so it doesn't take too much of my time.
And it's just not worth it to compromise my security on any level.
There are so many icos and bounties that we don't have to listen to every single one.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 64
January 19, 2019, 11:43:22 AM
It is possible but I don't think any project will go through a video KYC verification for their investors or bounty members! Recently IDEX wanted video KYC verification to list coins in their exchange, it is possible! But for ICO or bounty, video KYC will take such a huge time! Though there have some procedure to verify perfectly! Like a project can take Civic KYC verification services, this is the best KYC service I have ever seen! ICOSID also good but Civic is the best!

Slightly not correct statement. ICOSID uses the services of CIVIC and similar services; ICOSID itself does not check documents/personal data etc.
In any case, such a manner of requesting personal data will be very specific and will definitely influence popularity. I mean to negatively influence the development of the project or the attraction of investments.
I don't agree. Nowadays, when the era of STO comes, user verification will become commonplace, and quality verification will be one of the defining characteristics. One can argue about this for a long time, but this topic is not about that.
Activity: 644
Merit: 107
January 18, 2019, 05:21:44 PM
With Bounty campaign using KYC VideoCall, i think "why is it increasingly difficult to join campaign  Undecided ?" I admit it's a good idea to reduce cheating. but for me it's too complicated. if it is implemented then should be those who join bounty / ICO must be given more value. because the  our privacy   more opened, and more difficult to get bounty.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
January 18, 2019, 04:49:38 PM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

Video calls or photos using the webcam have been widely used in the latest months as a means to avoid fraud.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
January 18, 2019, 04:33:50 PM
I think that this is quite possible, since such a system exists and it works, but so far I have not seen it applied to cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 256
January 18, 2019, 04:30:54 PM

Plenty of ICO-s have required both documents and a video call verification. Vetri for example comes to mind... I'm sure there was more...
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
January 18, 2019, 04:26:16 PM
I don't think video call for KYC is achievable, it will take a long time and a lot of effort from team members to achieve this.
Activity: 448
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico
January 18, 2019, 04:17:53 PM
I think that this will be able to save the project from a variety of multi-accounts. But I'm not ready for this kind of verification. I do not like it.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1176
Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!
January 18, 2019, 03:56:42 PM
Live video call for kyc while it's a nice alternative, it will require a lot of man power to actually pull it off and this is where the problem lies, an average ICO won't have the resources to actually carry it out.

I think this is a very good idea! Even more, I can say that this will truly remove a huge amount of multi-drives from the forum. Of course, many people will not like this idea, but I really like it. The language barrier may be a problem, but I think this is a solvable problem.
Activity: 546
January 18, 2019, 03:52:59 PM
Live video call for kyc while it's a nice alternative, it will require a lot of man power to actually pull it off and this is where the problem lies, an average ICO won't have the resources to actually carry it out.
January 18, 2019, 12:39:25 PM
It is possible but I don't think any project will go through a video KYC verification for their investors or bounty members! Recently IDEX wanted video KYC verification to list coins in their exchange, it is possible! But for ICO or bounty, video KYC will take such a huge time! Though there have some procedure to verify perfectly! Like a project can take Civic KYC verification services, this is the best KYC service I have ever seen! ICOSID also good but Civic is the best!

Slightly not correct statement. ICOSID uses the services of CIVIC and similar services; ICOSID itself does not check documents/personal data etc.
In any case, such a manner of requesting personal data will be very specific and will definitely influence popularity. I mean to negatively influence the development of the project or the attraction of investments.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 64
January 18, 2019, 12:37:12 PM

Activity: 431
Merit: 18
January 17, 2019, 07:23:59 PM
I think this is not a good idea. The present KYC format that is mostly used by projects is already giving away too much information while it defeats the true purpose of the anonymity associated with the blockchain.
I think KYC procedures should be decentralized, automated and the data stored on the blockchain as a one time thing, in which any project can be linked to for KYC verification instead of people having to go through the process over and over again.

Video call KYC is a bad idea to me
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
January 17, 2019, 09:31:25 AM
I think this is convenient, and most importantly, you do not need to provide your documents anywhere and they will not be stored anywhere!
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
January 17, 2019, 09:10:54 AM

This is certainly going to be a long process and not to mention it will probably add some more cost to the project owners and even with this, I don't think this will stop anything besides, I think it will even create more room for scammers as anyone can sit in for that call except with you providing your documents still in the video which still comes back to documents.
Pages:
Jump to: