Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 17. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
January 16, 2019, 03:17:31 PM
I think a video call to remove a lot of scams! I am a supporter of KYC! But, it seems to me that the team which will be engaged in it won't be able to accept so many applications. Perhaps there will be a big queue and it will lead to a system failure! While I think it's a difficult maneuver!
Activity: 434
Merit: 38
January 16, 2019, 03:03:40 PM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

it is a bit more uncomfortable as a KYC verification method, but at least once the video call is over the KYC has already been verified and the procedure is finished.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
January 16, 2019, 02:57:59 PM
I think it's a good idea, but it's difficult to implement. because is the tool for testing validity from VC results reliable? like face detection? Which camera version is used? etc. need to be studied more deeply before it is wil realize
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
January 16, 2019, 02:20:27 PM
I am thinking how that is going to work, if it is what i am thinking then it means the ICO team will have to attend to every ICO investor video call and bounty hunters as well? Video call for KYC in my own opinion is not achievable.
This video call idea for KYC testing is technically not feasible in many cases for many potential investors and headhunters. I think that the ICO project, where the video call will be entered, will not collect even the minimum amount, regardless of the prospects of the project itself. The easier it is to invest in an ICO project and bounty hunters participate in it, the more likely it is to succeed.
Activity: 490
Merit: 1
January 16, 2019, 01:05:01 PM
That is possible. I participated in the blockchain identity verification program. It requires users to make a video call at the last authentication step. I find it really interesting and this makes cheaters removed.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 64
January 16, 2019, 01:02:43 PM
There is no need for this, especially modern verification tools such as CIVIC (for example) provide the necessary and sufficient level.
Moreover, KYC through a video call is not at all a comfortable case for checking a person, taking into account the time costs, low quality of the video connection for reliable verification and so on.
Activity: 212
January 16, 2019, 12:55:19 PM
It seems to me that a video call for an KYC is not at all a necessary action.. There is quite enough photo with your personal document and a piece of paper on which the name of the project and today's date is written. It is simple and reliable.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
January 16, 2019, 12:23:13 PM
Sure it is possible. You get a call per skype, whatsapp or facetime and show your ID and your face. It is pretty simple and I find this process much more comfortable as uploading my files to an unsecured server.
Activity: 365
January 16, 2019, 12:19:54 PM
I think KYC is itself not a good option for crypto world. KYC kills the whole idea of crypto which was to make it easier, faster and anonymous but with KYC all these options are gone. Its more like govts and institutions trying to gain control over crypto.
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
January 16, 2019, 12:02:11 PM
In general, the idea seems to me quite normal, you can also see the developers who will be involved in verification. You can also tell them to start the verification process. It seems to me that this is true.
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
January 14, 2019, 10:43:59 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

yes of course.... this is possible. But, the questios is ?
"do they have time to do it?"
and maybe they have to spend a little bit money for that.

You are right. Considering that the project has a huge community and only small people are up for this task for verifying user. It would take so much time to fulfill that. But it is the most reliable solution.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
January 12, 2019, 04:37:08 AM
Of course it is impossible mate, because the team does not have much time to do video call with all participants ... uploading documents is the best way and does't require a lot of time to verify

I am agree, Uploading our document is more than enough for KYC. I think KYC is good when implemented in ICOs but ICOs should be regulated. Doing KYC with video call will be good because its eliminating scammer that stealing others people document
Activity: 1414
Merit: 255
January 12, 2019, 03:31:48 AM
Of course it is impossible mate, because the team does not have much time to do video call with all participants ... uploading documents is the best way and does't require a lot of time to verify
Activity: 259
Merit: 17
January 12, 2019, 02:55:52 AM
I have verified my account for two exchanges, I don't think it's necessary to have an application you can use your cell to upload the video to their website I can verify in exchange but I don't want to do it in an ICO.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
January 12, 2019, 01:41:43 AM
Video call for KYC is quit okay,but feel it might be cubersome for  the  team to coordinate, I feel document verification is still the best mechanism to useas a means to guard against countries restricted from participating in ICO. Video call can be formated and  edited by scammers.

Agree on you but even i.d's can also be fake and they are more easier to photoshoped than making an edited video  . we must not hate kyc because they are only doing it for our own good and for their company also  because there is already a law about it .

kyc can make them legal but it doesnt mean that we are now safe from potential scams and fraudelent acts   .  thats why me must still secure our selves before doing any kind of serious act same as kyc  .
Activity: 84
January 12, 2019, 01:32:04 AM
I haven't heard of companies doing video calls for kyc, usually they just ask for id or passport photos, but it makes sense since nowadays its easy to fake this information.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
January 12, 2019, 01:29:41 AM
Not everyone has the technical ability to use a video call, and this will mean that the ICO team will lose both investors and bounty hunters. That is, if someone introduces such an innovation, they risk not raising the necessary funds. Therefore, let them do it, maybe those who want to check KYC will then diminish. Now such a test for bounty hunters is a big problem, as it just takes a lot of time and nerves. In addition, many bounty hunters can not provide some of the required documents, such as proof of residence at the place of registration or a certificate from the bank. If such a KYC check is carried out at the end of the ICO, they, it turns out, work for free. Therefore, a KYC check should be conducted at the same time as joining an ICO bounty campaign.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
January 12, 2019, 12:42:41 AM

In principle, I consider this technology really useful and real in the modern crypto market. But you need to understand that such changes and innovations may not please every user. After all, not everyone is ready to show their face, given the differences in legislation and religions of different countries of the world.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
January 03, 2019, 06:33:52 PM
I worked back in the days when KYC was out of the question and everything was fine. Projects raised money, bounty hunters worked quietly and everyone was satisfied. Now you are trying to improve and break the working system.

Sooner or later any system is changed by another if (or when) it becomes inefficient. It's not the matter if you personally like it or not, it's only the matter of efficiency. If something doesn't make any sense for the society it will die. This market doesn't have any sense except for trading and it's not enough. It's the sunset of unregulated ICOs.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
January 03, 2019, 05:19:12 PM
Video call for KYC is quit okay,but feel it might be cubersome for  the  team to coordinate, I feel document verification is still the best mechanism to useas a means to guard against countries restricted from participating in ICO. Video call can be formated and  edited by scammers.
Pages:
Jump to: