Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 8. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 274
May 16, 2019, 10:08:49 PM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

It cannot be impossible done actually. There are exchange that already implements this kind of verification process. But not actually a video call, they are using a live phone camera test in order to see the real person behind an account. It is quite better but I think using video is not that effective.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
May 16, 2019, 09:44:56 PM
KYC is basically to gather information about a customer and find means of verifying those information gathered. Doing ordinary Skype video can not be a better way for KYC because there wouldn't be information that is going to be verified.

It will only verify the existence of that person. Because the documents, someone can falsify it but the actual existence of that person would be hard to fake by video call. But such step is not a sustainable one in the long run. Maybe, if that exchange has further doubts with the submitted documents, they can proceed with this step.
It's a dual identity check, maybe it will just changed the holding of ID thru pictures, into sending first your ID and doing Skype later. To rally know its you. It's better that to send holding ID and sending proof of residency.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
May 16, 2019, 07:59:55 PM
Nothing is impossible under the sun, so far as we can think about that, we can achieve it but this is really time consuming and requires some substantial amount of money to verify all bounty hunters plus investors as well, I don't think any team or bounty manager is ready for this tiresome work.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
May 16, 2019, 07:16:18 PM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call
if it possible it will be more really the secured way to make the verification more stronger to trust a person who is really perfect in his own identity and there is no other documents needed for that.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 16, 2019, 07:06:20 PM
KYC is basically to gather information about a customer and find means of verifying those information gathered. Doing ordinary Skype video can not be a better way for KYC because there wouldn't be information that is going to be verified.

It will only verify the existence of that person. Because the documents, someone can falsify it but the actual existence of that person would be hard to fake by video call. But such step is not a sustainable one in the long run. Maybe, if that exchange has further doubts with the submitted documents, they can proceed with this step.
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
May 16, 2019, 06:56:23 PM
I don't even believe in kyc, so introducing kyc requiring video verification is indeed not a good idea, hunters will have a lot of issues with video kyc
copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 3
May 16, 2019, 05:53:39 PM
This form of KYC is also quite solid looking at the fact that you would be having a real live video with the bounty participant. Aside the fact that it would consme unecessary amount of time i think it's good because many people do invade the rules against cheating as they are able to submit details of other people's documents.
Activity: 138
May 16, 2019, 12:13:34 PM
I consider that the video call for KYC verification is less effective because it makes the KYC approval process long. Even though many will become partners for a project that uses KYC so that it is less effective and time-efficient too. I agree more if KYC is used using documents only so that the verification process can be carried out as soon as possible. If you use a video call, you also need the same time for both parties to verify.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
May 16, 2019, 12:10:23 PM
You forget that KYC is provided by the legislation in many countries in order to regulate investors. And it follows that if the video call is allowed for the procedure of user identification by law, then it is possible. But I agree that it would simplify the procedure and the time required to check the documents.
If you think that the KYC check, and even more so the video call during such a check, is stipulated by the legislation of many countries, call these countries and the names of these laws. Many people write about it, but no one ever says anything concrete. If this were, then someone has already written about it. I am primarily interested in the legality of the requirements for KYC verification by participants in ICO bounty campaigns. I believe that such a requirement is illegal. If there is a similar law, name it.
Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
May 16, 2019, 11:59:25 AM
On the Binance Exchange, I had to go through the KYC video. I am not a supporter of KYC, however I like this exchange and I am ready to go through KYC for the opportunity to trade on it, as well as to participate in the IEO held on the exchange.
Video KYC was easy to go through and I even liked to wriggle in front of the camera and repeat the movements from the pictures. It was an interesting experience.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
May 16, 2019, 11:58:38 AM
Activity: 7
Merit: 2
May 16, 2019, 11:56:47 AM
I think this is the best way because most of the time people feel insecure to give their personal information. So it is far more secure and most of the people will eagerly do this because most of the people has mobile phone with front camera so it will be a easy process and no extra element needed to buy. But the problem is a person has to give time for this and always active is not possible. So I think It will be a slow process.
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
May 16, 2019, 11:44:50 AM
I don't buy into a Video call for KYC and I equally hate when I have to take a selfie with my ID card held and a handwritten note, all these are just too strict and unnecessary. They should find a way around to verify the submitted document
Activity: 483
Merit: 10
terra-credit.com
May 16, 2019, 11:44:15 AM
Videocall KYC will still require some submission first of Identification card before they about to verify it through Videocall which is a recorded videocall, much better for fast transaction just make sure it's a legit company
if I'm not mistaken, only a few exchanges have requested verification of KYC with a video call. the liquid exchange from singapore if I'm not mistaken also applies KYC verification using a video call. but that is only done if there are some problems with the document being sent.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
May 16, 2019, 11:40:43 AM
I also think is good to have video call when do kyc and asking documents or to ask to upload a video, because no one can use our documents to do it and have trouble, if somehow someone get our documents.
I agree it is a good thing because a video call to kyc will make the KYC process easy when the information and documents needed are always clearly confirmed by us but it is probably only suitable for large and reputable exchanges, but they should only request a video call to verify KYC for large assets, too small assets are unnecessary. For investment, I really don't like this KYC process because the projects don't have guarantee, I don't want to send any personal information to them, fake projects can steal our property from this information
Videocall KYC will still require some submission first of Identification card before they about to verify it through Videocall which is a recorded videocall, much better for fast transaction just make sure it's a legit company
Activity: 464
Merit: 10
May 16, 2019, 11:37:08 AM
For my experience, I have done KYC on exchanges, not on bounty or ICO. Why at that time I did KYC with sure videos to be faster verified and processed. But that is actually not required unless you ask the admin who is there. For me to do KYC via video using the WhatsApp app. It seems not only that, because you can also use Skype.
its really complicated to pass KYC via video call.usually our internet connection will has influence on this process.but personally i am prefer to pass usually methode.by sending document via email or scanning.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
May 16, 2019, 11:26:28 AM
I also think is good to have video call when do kyc and asking documents or to ask to upload a video, because no one can use our documents to do it and have trouble, if somehow someone get our documents.
I agree it is a good thing because a video call to kyc will make the KYC process easy when the information and documents needed are always clearly confirmed by us but it is probably only suitable for large and reputable exchanges, but they should only request a video call to verify KYC for large assets, too small assets are unnecessary. For investment, I really don't like this KYC process because the projects don't have guarantee, I don't want to send any personal information to them, fake projects can steal our property from this information
Activity: 145
May 16, 2019, 10:56:44 AM
In my opinion, making a video call for KYC verification is a very interesting idea. This will be a breakthrough in crypto currencies so that crypto currencies are further away from the word fraud. I think this is very possible. If indeed the purpose is good then in my opinion it must indeed be tried. Later we will compare KYC developments with video calls or without video calls. Indeed KYC is very important to do to avoid cheating. The problem of the application that is suitable for doing this video call is that we can create a new special platform.
Activity: 308
May 16, 2019, 10:56:00 AM
That's the best kyc process and the best way to tackle Fake users who upload Fake documents for kyc. And most of all to deal with all this guy's who has phobia for kyc
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
May 16, 2019, 10:50:08 AM
For my experience, I have done KYC on exchanges, not on bounty or ICO. Why at that time I did KYC with sure videos to be faster verified and processed. But that is actually not required unless you ask the admin who is there. For me to do KYC via video using the WhatsApp app. It seems not only that, because you can also use Skype.
Pages:
Jump to: