Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 3. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
July 03, 2019, 09:35:04 AM
I think the KYC is much better than sending documents. Since I can not trust everyone. And they called me on the video call, made sure that I was not a robot, I showed my passport to the camera, I was sure that it was me. I think this KYC we should not be afraid.

Then how sure are you, that pointing your international passport or national ID at the camera will not result in your details being captured and later used in a fraudulent activity.

However, the video calls may have it's merits but the downside is the cost to project managers, lead time and probable misuse of our data. Thus for now feasibility is near 0.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
July 03, 2019, 06:48:20 AM
This way is more reliable. This method is better than the standard in which you need to upload your documents and these files go do not understand where. It does not suit me, I'll gladly be a part of this strategy, And its way cool .
Activity: 639
Merit: 18
July 03, 2019, 06:36:30 AM
In my opinion, so far the bounty has not applied for verification of KYC through video calls. they still use the steps in verifying Kyc through uploading documents.
copper member
Activity: 462
July 03, 2019, 06:26:13 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call
I have never had problems with kyc, but I have read and seen a lot of talk about kyc system on this forum and how many detest conducting kyc. Many went as far as providing fake docs so I think the video verification is a great move in my own opinion
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
July 03, 2019, 06:17:29 AM
KYC that involves making a video, which most times is live video. The first time I came across it, the process was very tedious. I had to do it multiple times, before it was approved. That aside, this is a decentralized system that involves anonymity. Why then should we go as far as that, for the sake of kyc.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
July 03, 2019, 06:06:55 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

This is not new practice in general , it used by mobile banks in EU, but it is new for ICO world because it is much more expensive process and usually it is done in their specific application not using third party services like whatsapp or Skype because of security reasons.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
July 03, 2019, 06:03:39 AM
Video call is way too much in my opinion. I undestand the need for a selfie with the document and the piece of paper with the current date. A lot of people are using other people's IDs to cheat the system. I just don't get what the video call is giving more than the selfie.
The number of scammers that can photoshop and edit a picture to mislead is very low. Scammers are dumb usually.
Activity: 294
July 02, 2019, 12:28:58 PM
This process is much more efficient than a regular KYC process. You can just make a skype discussion for several minutes and you KYC gets approved without any further actions. I have already done some of those, and it saves a lot of time.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 22
July 02, 2019, 12:27:04 PM

Some Exchange Platforms ask  requirements   to  verification like that. Most of them also ask our personal data such as passports, identity cards and driving licenses for the validity and verification of their data, almost is not all immediately accepted, because of several error factors.
For applications for KYC  use Skype. Sound and Images Support all.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
July 02, 2019, 10:51:22 AM
I think it will be very useful, but who will do it?
make video calls with thousands of investors Cheesy that's sounds a little ridiculous

Certainly, the number of employees for a project is very limited while the number of investors can say is too crowded, making a video call for each investor is really a big deal, the staff will probably be exhausted by this impossible task. Therefore, using personal information files to verify KYC may be more appropriate, agree that some people may cheat in this process but the number will be negligible if we have reasonable checks, should not have too complicated requirements as a video call to KYC, investors are very uncomfortable with this issue
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 02, 2019, 06:03:27 AM
I think Video is better way for both parties, but the problem is that is going be a stressful process and it will cost a lot more than the normal way of uploading necessary documents.
I don't thinm Video call will be as effective as documents uploading, documents can be used anytime for referrence purposes while, and there is no way you can tell if a user is from a restricted country only a video call.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
July 02, 2019, 06:01:48 AM
That is terrible, we are investors, we are paying our money to buy something and spending a lot of fees on it. These fees made exchanges and wallets rich, but now they want our valuable time. What would be next? Physical KYC verification?  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 1120
Merit: 2
July 02, 2019, 05:39:59 AM

It's actually hard for Hunters. I think. Because recently I noticed that a campaign was not used without a video call. Their requrement had to be called first. Need video. After reviewing 5 times, I saw it with the video afterwards. I think it is better to arrange the video without re-updating.
Activity: 546
July 02, 2019, 05:16:23 AM
Video call maybe for investors who invested more than 1 Bitcoin, KYC is very important to prevent money laundering.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
July 01, 2019, 03:53:31 PM

i think that a lot off people are a little scared to send such sensitive information as document's , i know that an older ICO also worked with video verification , feels a lot safer to me too
Activity: 195
July 01, 2019, 03:34:21 PM
It will not be that easy. think about 1000s of investors and bounty hunters KYC interviewing using video call. It will take a very long time and there will be many problems such as poor internet connections, poor video qualities, and language problems. in practical use, there will be many more other problems.
Activity: 316
July 01, 2019, 01:03:36 PM
T his happens to me when I participated in one bounty and there was such a test was very of course convenient, however it is not very convenient to call, for me it is better to throw the documents, although it could not be trusted but a way more effective.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
June 30, 2019, 01:44:10 PM
It seems to me that this is of course through the dibs,as imagine for a moment that is not always convenient,or even have the opportunity to take a video call,or just do not see it,so that the very simple and normal, when applied documents,and it gave the most effect,as the account was checked,and the robots were removed,and people are not so many problems,but in my experience I will say that because of KYC he lost enough tokens,as during I did not see what you need to pass KYC and missed it
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
June 30, 2019, 01:22:57 PM
by submitting our document using live webcam is enough, we don't need to video call for KYC.
i remember in 2014 are trending called POD (Proof of Developer) when developer from few altcoin are do this for verifying their identity.
A live confirmation is much better than sending photos of your documents. I believe that this check is more effective and less dangerous for users.
This verification does make it easy and process to be quickly approved by our KYC. But basically there are not many who do this even though no one else does KYC with Video calls. All of our processes only send documents for review.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
June 30, 2019, 01:17:54 PM
by submitting our document using live webcam is enough, we don't need to video call for KYC.
i remember in 2014 are trending called POD (Proof of Developer) when developer from few altcoin are do this for verifying their identity.
A live confirmation is much better than sending photos of your documents. I believe that this check is more effective and less dangerous for users.
Pages:
Jump to: