Pages:
Author

Topic: ✪✪✪ VIRTUAL COIN ✪✪✪ | P2P VIRTUAL MONEY | VC | X11 | ReLaunch: Date Feb 2017 ✪✪ - page 82. (Read 192532 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Please update github with these updated source files.
https://mega.co.nz/#!DdBSDJSb!t0V6y5_SasEu1Hn0GQbuxdpriKAmFLz7EY3-iQtXNRs

Also comment out following code in main, as some Linux OS have issues & end up causing forking, but MAC OS or Windows OS builds should NOT be commented out.
Code:
else {
if (nBits != GetNextWorkRequired(pindexPrev, this))
return state.DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work"));
}

Rightio.

One thing though, I am not a programmer so bare with me, there are two instances of that code in main.cpp, do they both need to be commented out? And wouldn't said commenting effect mac and win builds ?
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"
boooo!

my github : https://github.com/billotronic/vcoin now builds on *nix

Added a pull request

Thank you sir

I might get to toying with the explorer... tomorrow is another day

Thanks Billo

Just to clarify, I do not control vcoin source on github. I had requested in the past...

"
Hi linked67, that is my github ID, but if you don't mind updating vcoin code, then I won't need it.

their is an update for checkpoint.cpp file. I have posted it in thread.
I don't want to be rude but i have uploaded it on github because it was more easy to install it on my server after this. It's your job to register on github and upload/update your code.

Github is free.
"

so can't help much unless I was provided access or auther keep it updated.

back to https://github.com/billotronic/vcoin
I reviewed it, it needs to update checkpoint.cpp & some other files. I will upload changed files that you can replace it on github.

Thanks again.

ahh well that explains that then.

We can do this either way, I can easily transfer my repo to you or I can keep it updated if you get me the goods.

Thanks
ok, how about you keep the repo ownership, that way I can concentrate on other things of Virtual Coin. I want this coin to succeed like bitcoin, litecoin or doge coin. All of them have one thing common, many volunteers helped out with code improvement, promotion/marketing. It is not possible for one person to do all this. I have given it a good start with professional logo, X11 code & potential Virtual Coin name, so again I hope we all join & help out. Bitcoin is gaining ground, it is possible VC can ride that wave.

+1
Activity: 882
Merit: 515
boooo!

Added a pull request

Thank you sir

Thanks Billo

Just to clarify, I do not control vcoin source on github. I had requested in the past...

"
Hi linked67, that is my github ID, but if you don't mind updating vcoin code, then I won't need it.

I don't want to be rude but i have uploaded it on github because it was more easy to install it on my server after this. It's your job to register on github and upload/update your code.

Github is free.
"

I reviewed it, it needs to update checkpoint.cpp & some other files. I will upload changed files that you can replace it on github.

Thanks again.

We can do this either way, I can easily transfer my repo to you or I can keep it updated if you get me the goods.

Thanks
ok, how about you keep the repo ownership, that way I can concentrate on other things of Virtual Coin. I want this coin to succeed like bitcoin, litecoin or doge coin. All of them have one thing common, many volunteers helped out with code improvement, promotion/marketing. It is not possible for one person to do all this. I have given it a good start with professional logo, X11 code & potential Virtual Coin name, so again I hope we all join & help out. Bitcoin is gaining ground, it is possible VC can ride that wave.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
boooo!

Added a pull request

Thank you sir

Thanks Billo

"

Github is free.
"

Thanks again.

Please update github with these updated source files.
https://mega.co.nz/#!DdBSDJSb!t0V6y5_SasEu1Hn0GQbuxdpriKAmFLz7EY3-iQtXNRs

Also comment out following code in main, as some Linux OS have issues & end up causing forking, but MAC OS or Windows OS builds should NOT be commented out.
Code:
else {
if (nBits != GetNextWorkRequired(pindexPrev, this))
return state.DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work"));
}
boooo!

Added a pull request

Thank you sir

Thanks Billo

"

Github is free.
"

Thanks again.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
If you guys want me to host a giveaway or promotion of some kind for voting or what have you I can. I have a couple thousand coins I could part with.

That sounds great, the more noise we can make the better Smiley  I have been discussing with Ownski basics like marketing continuity so we do at least look organized Tongue I will ask him to contact you so you can get some stuff worked out between you.  Great to see the support.
Activity: 252
If you guys want me to host a giveaway or promotion of some kind for voting or what have you I can. I have a couple thousand coins I could part with.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Hopefully this dev is as enthusiastic as some of the members of this community, coin may actually have a good chance if he does get motivated a bit more.

I agree. With all the bs going on with most altcoins. Something tells me I should be mining VC again.  Dev just needs a shot of adrenaline!  Grin
Activity: 266
Hopefully this dev is as enthusiastic as some of the members of this community, coin may actually have a good chance if he does get motivated a bit more.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
boooo!

Added a pull request

Thank you sir

ok so it turns out that the github just does not have the updated source. As a stopgap measure I am uploading (what I hope) is the working/updated code to my own github so I can get back to getting the explorer working (unless someone knows how to make wget work with mega links?)

Expect drunken complaining in about... oh 4 hours or so.

Think I will miss the main fireworks for tonight. Catch you in the morning and see if we can get this finished up somehow if you don't manage it tonight.

Here is my peers file as you said you had issues: https://www.dropbox.com/s/akxmwxjvb1fnmu0/peers.rar

@apple_talk thanks for the pledge. Smiley
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
ok so it turns out that the github just does not have the updated source. As a stopgap measure I am uploading (what I hope) is the working/updated code to my own github so I can get back to getting the explorer working (unless someone knows how to make wget work with mega links?)

Expect drunken complaining in about... oh 4 hours or so.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Ok, here is problem #1... github source is not updated. There is no makefile for leveldb so wont build.

Get this fixed and I will keep working on setting up a working explorer.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Instacash contacted with helping out to build MAC OS wallet for .1 BTC.

What's everyone's thought? it is worth it or wait for later?
yes, donation for this will be needed to raise .1 BTC

This would need redoing every time you add checkpoints and bring out a new wallet?

VCoin.ca seems to have an error going on. It used to point to this thread, I noticed it no longer worked yesterday.

It seems a block explorer with compatibility for X11 coins already exists, why do we not have one yet for VC?   https://github.com/bitcoin-abe/bitcoin-abe   Smiley

hmmmm that github for the x11 module is dead... there must be another floating around somewhere

well duh, cause it was merged...

Ok, so what does it take to get a explorer going?
Noticed BONUS coin rewards will drop very soon, maybe in next week or so, based on current block #.

Gr8t coin, yeap agree with rest of you guys, expect coin to hit huge by end of this year.

Since it is not pre-mined, we all regular supporters should also help out in promoting it. Maybe Dev can look into code, but rest of us should, work on getting coin listed, promoted on FB & TW.

I tried to search for BONUS in this thread, but didn't find much. When was this discussed, and what blocks are affected? What's "normal" reward?

Normal reward is 5 coins.
Bonus is 20 (after 17520 block, it drops 20%, then again 20% after another 17520 blocks)

If you mine it today, you payout is more compare to if you wait longer as it will keep dropping.
Dev. Ever consider making VC a POS coin?  Wink

When doing your due diligence I am sure you will find that "VC" used to be a PoS coin on one incarnation (blue logo I believe). It was also not anywhere near as rare. Folk that remember looking at it from back then will not realize the rarity of the coin now and should be a large part of the marketing to resolve any uncertainty.

I remember when I had 72 000 coins and some guy said he would have paid 1 btc for 9000.

Good times.

Agree, it just need to be listed on well known & reputed exchange.
this coin still dont have a twitter account???

We need to build a team of volunteers help in promoting/marketing etc Virtual Coin, similar to bitcoin, litecoin or dogecoin which are also run by volunteers.

Anyone good with facebook & twitter & can help out, please let us know. We will post the links.

If their is a better way to get listed on popular exchanges, please suggest, we all need to pitch in & keep contacting these exchange sites.

I may have the facebook-twitter thing resolved. I asked someone I have seen great stuff from before with another coin to take a look at VC with an eye on marketing etc. I have offered them 3000 VC from my own pocket (not from the offered bounty) to start looking at this for us. If anyone else would like to add to a "marketing" budget that would be great. I would rather keep the bounty fund for development if possible.

I have also asked a friend to visit this thread often and try to help keep it active so people can see plans are being made and action is being taken by those who can spare the time and skills to push things forward.

Dev I would love to see a block explorer asap please so folk can keep an eye on what is going on and see that people are getting the funds as arranged. What do you need to get this done?

I will also pitch in my share of VCoins.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Dev. Ever consider making VC a POS coin?  Wink

When doing your due diligence I am sure you will find that "VC" used to be a PoS coin on one incarnation (blue logo I believe). It was also not anywhere near as rare. Folk that remember looking at it from back then will not realize the rarity of the coin now and should be a large part of the marketing to resolve any uncertainty.

I remember when I had 72 000 coins and some guy said he would have paid 1 btc for 9000.

Good times.
Pages:
Jump to: