Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31182. (Read 26369316 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
Bots on gox are raging.
legendary
HODL OR DIE
Bitcoin Days Destroyed not as high as previous ATH at $266. Less coins coming out of cold storage to sell into this rally??

https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-days-destroyed?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

and there's a good chance a lot of these are poeple moving coins to a more secure storage. I use to tell poeple get a paper wallet. now i say get an encrypted paper wallet with backups. you and your dad can give eachother a backup for safe keeping. DO NOT TRUST YOUR MOTHER!  Cheesy

Agree, my mom has been telling me to sell since $100.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Bitcoin Days Destroyed not as high as previous ATH at $266. Less coins coming out of cold storage to sell into this rally??

https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-days-destroyed?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

and there's a good chance a lot of these are poeple moving coins to a more secure storage. I use to tell poeple get a paper wallet. now i say get an encrypted paper wallet with backups. you and your dad can give eachother a backup for safe keeping. DO NOT TRUST YOUR MOTHER!  Cheesy
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
What happens when the supply is depleted?

Theoretically (more) price stability. With higher numbers of coin in circulation having been decentralised from individuals who were holding large amounts, more players in the market making it harder to jump the price with pumps/dumps.

Theoretically that is.
legendary
HODL OR DIE
Early adopter coins are a finite resource.

Each attention-generating rally ($32, $266) consumes more of them, and then they reenter circulation.

Good point ty.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Early adopter coins are a finite resource.

Each attention-generating rally ($32, $266) consumes more of them, and then they reenter circulation.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
$50 spread between Stamp and Gox.

This can't last forever. This is a serious divergence. When we've seen this before it typically resolves itself in a correction.
Talking about spreads in USD terms is pointless. What is it in percentage terms?

The percentage difference is far from unusual... 9.5% now.

Yeah I know. But that % has been dropping. Stamp has been between $15-$30 difference this entire rise, except for once. Right before the last correction.

Mtgox just looks really overbought to me. And the ask depth is thin which suggest it could be more overbought soon.

I think we get some sort of correction soon. Or maybe we just go from here to 800 next week.
legendary
HODL OR DIE

legendary
Activity: 1168

This can't last forever. This is a serious divergence. When we've seen this before it typically resolves itself in a correction.
Talking about spreads in USD terms is pointless. What is it in percentage terms?

The percentage difference is far from unusual... 9.5% now.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Guys just wait until India gets an exchange. I know so many Indians who give huge discounts if you pay in Bitcoin.

The second largest population of the world still doesn't have an exchange, and when that happens you can bet that the chinese will get a run for their money

Grin  Cheesy

Mumbai !!!! that's right even more $$$ there~ thanks for reminding me!!!  Wink
legendary

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
no more coins on gox beyond 550. but i still have no idea how next week will play out …

$25 million on Gox on orderbook vs 12k BTC. ATH and ATL respectively. If Gox USD issues are as real as people say, the PANIC buying to move out BTC at considerable loss could be epic.

If Mark wanted, he could just pay the whole $25M from his left pocket (by selling BTC into it) and then Mt.Gox would not be short any USD.

can I get those 700 dollar bitcoins or not ? =) LMAO!
legendary
HODL OR DIE
Judging from BTC-E, Russians seem to be buying now like mad.

Seriously, all we need is the Iranians to hop on the Bitcoin wagon. Then we'd have Russians, Iranians, and Chinese, the grand trio of nationalities vilified by the US media.

If it were actually the russions buying at BTC-e, the volume would be in BTC/RUR, but no the volume is in BTC/USD.

The greatest catalyst of this bubble is imo the grand delusion that "*random nationality* IS NOW BUYING BITCOIN LIKE CRAZY". And people blindly follow a Chinese exchange with no trading fees (thus probably heavily faked volume).  It's okay, i can make money from that.

Has it not occurred to anyone that if you wanted to buy a ton of bitcoins without steaming the price you could open an exchange with zero fees to attract bitcoins into your bids??
legendary
Activity: 1324
Merit: 1007
Guys just wait until India gets an exchange. I know so many Indians who give huge discounts if you pay in Bitcoin.

The second largest population of the world still doesn't have an exchange, and when that happens you can bet that the chinese will get a run for their money

Grin  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
no more coins on gox beyond 550. but i still have no idea how next week will play out …

$25 million on Gox on orderbook vs 12k BTC. ATH and ATL respectively. If Gox USD issues are as real as people say, the PANIC buying to move out BTC at considerable loss could be epic.

If Mark wanted, he could just pay the whole $25M from his left pocket (by selling BTC into it) and then Mt.Gox would not be short any USD.

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
I was at the Salt Pans yesterday. I bought 30 kg of salt. Go salt, go!  Cool

The Romans were famous builders of salt pans and special quantaties of salt, sal in Latin, which generations of Roman legionaries received in little bags as part of their pay, were known as salarium argentum or "salt money". Over the centuries the name of this form of payment gave rise to the English word "salary".
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
It's all fun and games until the Japanese start buying!

No way they are going to ignore what is going in China right now.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
i told you, the rally is now accelerating.
legendary
Actually, you might be right justunravier, depending on how you want to calculate it. The latter stage of the 266 bubble was just as insane though. But it's no use to argue. This bubble is made of the same stuff as the 32 and the 266 bubble, not much difference here.
From the weekly charts:

March-April 2013: 29%->9%->35%->35%->46%->crash
October-now 2013: 7%->16%->23%->4%->42%->30%->Huh (so far, 28%)

>40% on the weekly weighted chart, that's not immediately followed by a crash, hasn't happened since 2011:

April-June 2011: 29%->39%->79%->45%->81%->15%->11%->49%->98%->crash

Imagine if early 2011 repeated itself at these price levels.
Jump to: