Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31183. (Read 26369325 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Actually, you might be right justunravier, depending on how you want to calculate it. The latter stage of the 266 bubble was just as insane though. But it's no use to argue. This bubble is made of the same stuff as the 32 and the 266 bubble, not much difference here.
From the weekly charts:

March-April 2013: 29%->9%->35%->35%->46%->crash
October-now 2013: 7%->16%->23%->4%->42%->30%->Huh (so far, 28%)

>40% on the weekly weighted chart, that's not immediately followed by a crash, hasn't happened since 2011:

April-June 2011: 29%->39%->79%->45%->81%->15%->11%->49%->98%->crash

Imagine if early 2011 repeated itself at these price levels.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Judging from BTC-E, Russians seem to be buying now like mad.

Seriously, all we need is the Iranians to hop on the Bitcoin wagon. Then we'd have Russians, Iranians, and Chinese, the grand trio of nationalities vilified by the US media.

If it were actually the russions buying at BTC-e, the volume would be in BTC/RUR, but no the volume is in BTC/USD.

The greatest catalyst of this bubble is imo the grand delusion that "*random nationality* IS NOW BUYING BITCOIN LIKE CRAZY". And people blindly follow a Chinese exchange with no trading fees (thus probably heavily faked volume).  It's okay, i can make money from that.

have you ever been to Russia? Most rich people there have lots of money in USD. Since the USD exchange rate is more set than the RUR, they're more likely to spend their USD stache on BTC rather than their RUR.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Seriously, all we need is the Iranians to hop on the Bitcoin wagon. Then we'd have Russians, Iranians, and Chinese, the grand trio of nationalities vilified by the US media.

If it were actually the russions buying at BTC-e, the volume would be in BTC/RUR, but no the volume is in BTC/USD.

The greatest catalyst of this bubble is imo the grand delusion that "*random nationality* IS NOW BUYING BITCOIN LIKE CRAZY". And people blindly follow a Chinese exchange with no trading fees (thus probably heavily faked volume).  It's okay, i can make money from that.
How the hell is china having a rally at 4 am in the morning   Cheesy
Its because the people that run BTC-China are secretly not Chinese, but are actually aliens, who don't have to sleep. It all makes sense now.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
How the hell is china having a rally at 4 am in the morning   Cheesy

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
This is just fucking mental...

I have only 2 explanations:

1. Someone knows Senate will be gentle

2: Someone want the price as higher as possible for dumping on it if Senate would not be gentle.

I don't think the Chinese (or the Europeans or anyone else for that matter) really care much about what the Senate does

Everybody cares about it as the outcome of it will have an impact on the price. Good or bad.

There will be no outcome, it's simply a hearing to shape future lawmaking. Maybe. They are going to want to regulate it, of course. Everyone knows this, it's what these government agencies do. For the children. The debate will be if they can, or should, regulate. My take is that these guys know the US is in dire straits as far as overspending and debt, and regulating the hell out of Bitcoin business will be simply shooting themselves in the foot.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

Looks like this is buying in anticipation of the Senate hearing which big players are betting will be bullish.

The Senate hearing is bullish. Period.

No matter what they say, I say that a public senate hearing about bitcoin is already a success and its already priced in.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
Thesis:

The future price of bitcoin is proportional to the number of jokes made on the most active Wall Observer thread.
Thesis: market exuberance is positively correlated with the number of gifs and jpegs on this thread.  Sexually loaded pictures count double.
Conclusion: we still have a ways to go in this bubble.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Thesis:

The future price of bitcoin is proportional to the number of jokes made on the most active Wall Observer thread.

you mama is so dumb, she thought she had to sell a BTC at mtgox to buy a bitcoin t-shirt

Cheesy

Yo mamma is so classless, she could be a Marxist Utopia.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Looks like this is buying in anticipation of the Senate hearing which big players are betting will be bullish.

The Senate hearing is bullish. Period.

No matter what they say, I say that a public senate hearing about bitcoin is already a success and its already priced in.

+1
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Wall Observer
A free service brought to you by the bitcoin community

Whenever there is a significant change in market depth, please update this thread with a new depth chart, and a good price chart with some TA is also welcome, feel free to comment on these if you have something to worth contributing, ( if your post is not at all TA it will be deleted )

Posting guild lines:
 Please lets keep this thread clean. ( I will be removing any off topic posts )
 Do not post random comments on this thread, unless it is directly related to the last wall update (ex. The 20K ask was was NOT sold into, it was removed after being tested)
 When you post a chart please use bitcoincharts.com, mtgoxlive.com, btccharts.com or bitcoinity.com

as requested, i have started a new thread.
this thread is now a self-moderated topic.
I will try and keep this thread clean, with only facts, current trends, past price movements, depth charts, etc.
I promise to not delete post simply because i do not agree with the bearish TA.

thank you for your input!

We needed more regulation around this bitch.

the rules of this thread is an attempt to keep this thread from having +1000 post when price is doing big moves, and instead relay important indicators during critical moments.
also when the market is more calm we can expect to see wall posts and TA price charts, back to back without any relevant chatting, making easier to analyze.
there are other threads where speculators can discuss their sentiment, just not here...

That 1000+ page thread was getting kinda useless.

How about bitcoinium.com pics? I can never get mtgoxlive to load Undecided

thats fine too,
I'm looking for quality charts or good TA bearish or bullish.

asking good questions example....

Interesting pattern I've noticed. It's been sort of bouncing downwards for the last 4 days. Is there a technical term for this sort of thing?

https://i.imgur.com/Px5bq7M.png

is also welcome here.

just don't be posting about your "FEELINGS" and you won't get delete.  Tongue

~if anyone must really know why it's going up so fast I will reveal the answer for 1/\BTC !!!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Thesis:

your mama is so dumb, she thought she had to sell a BTC at mtgox to buy a bitcoin t-shirt

Cheesy
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
Amazing how a thread can have so many post

Great work!

Yeh I was wondering, if this the longest thread in this forums history?  Then that got me thinking, on what is the the longest thread in any forum ever lol.  I wonder.  Anyone know?
And this is actually the continuation of the previous "mtgox wall observer" thread, which was also ridiculously long.

Adam just couldn't let it be  Cry
Thesis:

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Actually, you might be right justunravier, depending on how you want to calculate it. The latter stage of the 266 bubble was just as insane though. But it's no use to argue. This bubble is made of the same stuff as the 32 and the 266 bubble, not much difference here.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
This is Wall Thread 2.0 as well. The original was locked at 1200 pages.
Jump to: