Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32573. (Read 26471025 times)

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
▲ mtgoxUSD    93.5000    
▲ bitstampUSD    86.5100    
▲ btceUSD    84.7000    

The divergence continues. Only MtGox is in denial about the 80s.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Some apparently think we will go triple digit again in 2013. Too funny. Cheesy

We will go triple digit sooner or later, but it would be quite rational of Ms Whale to first shake, stir and eat some plankton by dropping the price to about 80 prior to going triple digit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Who wants to see me take us over $100!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BUCKLE UP!
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
The bids on $80 have massively reduced since yesterday.
N12
donator
This would be the third attempt.

Third times's the charm.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

How many times have you posted that and how many times have we hit triple digits? I think we are up to 3 times now... no?  Cheesy
Activity: 434
We just recovered 5 dollars and no activity here? Seriously?

Bears aren't dancing anymore....

No need, we all know how this is going to end...

Grin
N12
donator
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
All the way up to 105 there is a pretty steep slope of open orders and in light of the recent cash splash for SD share owners (155k BTC), MtGox slowly catching up on its backlog and some heavy technical resistance from 100-105 USD up ahead, I doubt that we will shoot up just yet. Probably slide down further before bouncing back somewhere on the way (70 USD?).
Activity: 252

Recovered 4-5 dollars, yet still down 4-5 dollars on the same crash.  Hmmm....and you're excited why?  Because it's not as bad as it was?   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Bulls aren't ready to declare victory, bears are shitting themselves.
Activity: 98

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
legendary
Activity: 434
Just wanted to repost this so it doesn't get buried.

IMO the market moves have precisely 0 to do with S.DICE

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

Market moves, most often than not, have nothing to do with the news.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

dude all im saying is that so far today's low volume in trade shows that btc is over priced. do you agree or disagree?

Disagree completely. It means noone knows what the f* to do. My reading of the situation is that we saw the potential first signs of a bullish recovery last week. That had the potential to continue for one more leg up this week, but no-one in their right mind is going to buy in the absurd situation when there is a $10 gap between the two main exchanges, and arbitrage doesn't serve to close the gap (due to one exchange following the other's price changes).

So buying pressure reduced and the price fell -- on somewhat lower volume than previous legs down. The result is rather unconvincing and leaves the market a bit listless. Even the strongest TA adherents can't convince themselves in such a bifurcated market.

My prediction, for what it's worth (nothing) is that since now Mt Gox appears to be getting it's act together, and the exchange gap is closing, buying pressure will slowly return, and we happen to be near the bottom of a less-than-100%-convincing leg down.  You might see some anticipatory buys on Sunday.

Just wanted to repost this so it doesn't get buried.

IMO the market moves have precisely 0 to do with S.DICE

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Maybe person who panicked and sold his bitcoins yesterday noticed that nothing is going to happen with the price and buying back now.

+1
Activity: 93
Maybe person who panicked and sold his bitcoins yesterday noticed that nothing is going to happen with the price and buying back now.
Activity: 252
The payout was in BTC, not USD.

To be paid in BTC, but maybe the buyer/s are using Dollars to buy BTC to pay? or you are 100% sure the buyer/s already had 135,000 Bitcoins in their pockets before signing the payout....? since we dont know who the buyer/s is/are - you can't know that.. furtheremore that anouncement of "batches" sounds to me like money will be coming from fiat to BTC

do you even know what payout means?

He's suggesting that the new owners of satoshi dice don't already have the BTC they agreed to pay for it. Tremendously stupid I know, but we can expect such suggestions under these circumstances.

And he is suggesting that through use of word 'payout' which has been universally used across speculation board when talking about the SD event in relation to paying out BTC to shareholders.
Jump to: