Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32574. (Read 26471025 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
To be paid in BTC, but maybe the buyer/s are using Dollars to buy BTC to pay? or you are 100% sure the buyer/s already had 135,000 Bitcoins in their pockets before signing the payout....? since we dont know who the buyer/s is/are - you can't know that.. furtheremore that anouncement of "batches" sounds to me like money will be coming from fiat to BTC

SD holders received the payout in Bitcoin via MPEx in 20 batches within 5-10 minutes 13-14 hours ago. It's unclear, when the BTC were purchased and if at all as we only could spot 20-30k coming into MPEx in a shorter timeframe before payout and more chucks some days and weeks before. I'm not very familiar with the amounts on MPEx, but people say it's not something very special, when such amounts arrive there.

The only reasonable scenario I see for buying those 130+k BTC after the payout would be a super whale who has both large amounts of BTC and fiat and who speculated to cause a selloff with the payout - 130k coins which could possibly be dumped on BTC/USD.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
The payout was in BTC, not USD.

To be paid in BTC, but maybe the buyer/s are using Dollars to buy BTC to pay? or you are 100% sure the buyer/s already had 135,000 Bitcoins in their pockets before signing the payout....? since we dont know who the buyer/s is/are - you can't know that.. furtheremore that anouncement of "batches" sounds to me like money will be coming from fiat to BTC

do you even know what payout means?

He's suggesting that the new owners of satoshi dice don't already have the BTC they agreed to pay for it. Tremendously stupid I know, but we can expect such suggestions under these circumstances.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100

LOL

Paying someone OUT from a company, else known as Exit or BuyOut.

"an investment transaction by which the ownership equity of a company, or a majority share of the stock of the company is acquired. The acquiror thereby "buys out" the present equity holders of the target company. A buyout will often include the purchasing of the target company's outstanding debt, which is referred to as "assumed debt" by the purchaser."

Sheeesh - DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?!? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

buyings from payout? wtf?

SatoshiDice was sold for $11M In bitcoins and the announcement said they payout will start today in batches
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
There has been a buyout from a single entity of 5,000 btc (almost $500,000) - could this be the first batch of buyings from the $11M of the SatoshiDice PayOut?

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
There has been a buyout from a single entity of 5,000 btc (almost $500,000) - could this be the first batch of buyings from the $11M of the SatoshiDice PayOut?

buyings from payout? wtf?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

1.5k, how is it supposed to be 5k if volume during past 20 min is less than 2k?

clarkmoody and tradeview both say >5k
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Little? >5k Smiley

I saw it as closer to 2.5k for the main buy.

Either way compared to the 11k whale dump a couple of nights ago it's somewhat modest.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Even more interesting are the little walls that come along with the buy.

1.5k, how is it supposed to be 5k if volume during past 20 min is less than 2k?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Click it!

But CB could get a bit larger.. there are still some pixels in height left, before interfering with the surrounding layout.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
Everybody thinks SD buyout -> 150k BTC being sent to stockholders... not true if the buyer already owned 90% of the outstanding stock.  Always a good plan to ensure the purchasing "premium" is a lot fewer actual BTC than calculated.

As for the "whys" of the sale, it was inevitable.  When you've got little, being involved in a quasi-legal enterprise (that does not violate your own ethical standards) is one thing.  But once you're looking at living a luxurious lifestyle without ever working again, the idea of cooling your heels in jail over an issue that could have gone either way starts looking pretty grim.  SD probably went on the block the moment the website was blocked to US customers.  

Better (for SD at least) that it be sold to an owner living in a jurisdiction where gambling is legal...

Jump to: