Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32930. (Read 26467520 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
bid wall pulled

yup.. i'm bailing on my longs. I was leveraged up, so it was a nice ride from 100.xx's but i wouldn't feel comfortable going to sleep with those still riding. Now i'm just considering whether or not to put on a short before heading to bed  Roll Eyes
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
bid wall pulled

edit: weeeeee  Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
There hasn't been any natural momentum to the market above $90 since immediately after the bubble. The last time the price crashed to 79 and eventually rose to 135 it was pushed up entirely by large buy orders appearing from time to time. There is nothing "normal" about this market. Amidst no volume, the price neither drops nor rises until a large player makes a move.

Making money as a speculator revolves around correctly anticipating the manipulation.

A push to 110+, or a wall to sell off at 102+ before a dump?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

Exactly. They ARE running up their purchases by doing this. If they wanted to acquire 1000 coins, it'd be better to split the order. By posting a bid for 1000btc, lots of smaller orders are bidding up the price in anticipation of the whale's purchase and sellers are less likely to move asks down. As it stands, it's the same tactic used three weeks ago to headfake bulls before "the dumper" came to play. If it is indeed the same buyers as earlier today, all they are doing is pumping up the price a little higher (maybe into their own asks), thus making it easier to take profits on their recent acquisition.

Yes that 1000 bid at 102.3 is so so fishy,acts as a support but i can see it vanish when shitload dumper comes.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
It makes very little sense for the those bid walls to go up (1000 @ $102.3? really?) and stay there. Not if their intention is to actually buy... I mean, they are just letting smaller orders front-run them..driving up the price.
Why not? it could be the same person(s) who bought decent sized blocks today. They could be waiting for sellers to step up before they resume buying. Decent sized Bid walls have been enticing sellers lately. No need to run the price up too high with their purchases

Exactly. They ARE running up their purchases by doing this. If they wanted to acquire 1000 coins, it'd be better to split the order. By posting a bid for 1000btc, lots of smaller orders are bidding up the price in anticipation of the whale's purchase and sellers are less likely to move asks down. As it stands, it's the same tactic used three weeks ago to headfake bulls before "the dumper" came to play. If it is indeed the same buyers as earlier today, all they are doing is pumping up the price a little higher (maybe into their own asks), thus making it easier to take profits on their recent acquisition.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Propped up to 104 by a wall  for a fall?

Draw the lines, 104 is significant. If we get through 104 and cross 105 I may enter, but as many others have said, something doesn't feel right...
legendary
Antifragile
Wow, some nice buys coming in. Looks like our buyer got tired of slowly buying.

I think it's the same pool of money waiting to buy bitcoin at sub $90 price, but lost their patient and decide to buy them at higher price now.
Wink 

it's that time again..   ..
4h ema's about to cross..   
buy a load of coins..      let people think that it this time will be different..

dump shitload! buy coins cheaper..

And what is the scaling factor between a load and a shitload?  Are the 10 loads in a shitload? 100? 1000?

All I could find:

1.    shitload
more than an assload but still less than a fuckton.
I have a shitload of beer, but down at my friend's place, they have a whole fuckton.
buy shitload mugs & shirts

2.    shitload

meaning quite a few, a bunch, a lot, very many, more than you care to be able to count, more than you can count; a widely used exaggeration of there being far too many of something ~ not to be confused with a boatload or a whole fucking bunch
Holy shit man, that's a shitload of midgets in that parade.
buy shitload mugs & shirts

3.    Shitload

A term which defines a numerical value of 47. It is prime. Do not confuse the term with similar terms such as fuckton, assload, or baker's dozen. This is a shitload.
Dumbass: Dude! I just spilled a shitload of milk.
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It makes very little sense for the those bid walls to go up (1000 @ $102.3? really?) and stay there. Not if their intention is to actually buy... I mean, they are just letting smaller orders front-run them..driving up the price.
Why not? it could be the same person(s) who bought decent sized blocks today. They could be waiting for sellers to step up before they resume buying. Decent sized Bid walls have been enticing sellers lately. No need to run the price up too high with their purchases

i took off some of my longs a point before my intended targets because it looks so sketchy. The tape does not feel right considering the situation. It makes very little sense for the those bid walls to go up (1000 @ $102.3? really?) and stay there. Not if their intention is to actually buy... I mean, they are just letting smaller orders front-run them..driving up the price.
Activity: 686
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
KS
Activity: 448
buys at 7 AM CET, little trades every ≃10 mins, lots of "volume" on .01 BTC trades, mini walls at bid/ask...

what is going ON? Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

I think it's the same pool of money waiting to buy bitcoin at sub $90 price, but lost their patient and decide to buy them at higher price now.
Wink 

buy a load of coins..      let people think that it this time will be different..

And what is the scaling factor between a load and a shitload?  Are the 10 loads in a shitload? 100? 1000?
Activity: 411

Wink 

legendary
Antifragile
edit - my bad, bad clark moody chart. No gap up today.

Still, a strange market.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Jump to: