Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32933. (Read 26467459 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Windows XP...

Excel...

RUNNNNN!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Well, you guys might be right that we move up. But here is another bad divergence(s).

https://twitter.com/AlbertarocksTA/status/346698741585170432/photo/1
legendary
Activity: 1414
Not necessarily true ... depends on the net position that Plus500 hold, how much risk they take on their book and how much they hedge on Gox or other exchanges if they are net short. Not sure how they deal with net long unless they are able to borrow BTC to short.

I think their business model has error :-). They do not buy or sell bitcoins. You cannot buy/sell bitcoin at plus500 ... only make CFD.

edit: you can after CFD manipulate price easy (if you have enough resources)

YOU cannot buy or sell Bitcoins with them .. it is all CFDs. That does not mean that THEY do not use BTC to hedge when and where they can, and I would be very surprised if they do not

I'm not sure they can DO HEDGE (they do not have enough bitcoins) ... beacause they do not know how much I'll short at their platform (and they need 4x more ... if I'll try short 12M btc then they will need 48M.  ... and there are only 12M existing ).
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
#include

void main() {

int oil_pipe;
    unsigned long money;
    int offshore;

oil_pipe = open("/dev/oil",O_RDONLY,0);
    offshore = open("/dev/cyprus",O_RDWR,0);

if(offshore==-1) {

offshore = open("/dev/bitcoin",O_RDWR,0);

}

while(1) {

read(oil_pipe,&money,100000000);
      write(offshore,&money,100000000);

}

}

like someone said.... most of us are sick in the head.....  Shocked
Activity: 798
Not necessarily true ... depends on the net position that Plus500 hold, how much risk they take on their book and how much they hedge on Gox or other exchanges if they are net short. Not sure how they deal with net long unless they are able to borrow BTC to short.

I think their business model has error :-). They do not buy or sell bitcoins. You cannot buy/sell bitcoin at plus500 ... only make CFD.

YOU cannot buy or sell Bitcoins with them .. it is all CFDs. That does not mean that THEY do not use BTC to hedge when and where they can, and I would be very surprised if they do not

EDIT : I specifically asked them about how they hedged their Bitcoin exposure and was told that they could not divulge this information. Seeing as their spread is nearly always exactly centred around the midpoint of the Gox bid/ask, it does not look like they are taking positions and then moving prices accordingly.
Their business model is fine unless all their clients are short and it crashes. Otherwise they can always hedge on a Gox account.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

It's a pity they don't allow people to fund their accounts directly with Bitcoin. I think they would get a lot of new customers doing this.
legendary

edit2: even use leverage 4:1
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x
I've seen enough to pull the triggers, I'm now 100% leveraged long via btc.sx @ an avg of 100.6, with 4 days of funding left as cushion. Targets are in the 104-105.xx's and I'll cut losses if we see 98.xx's again.  

game on  Cool

Trading with leverage! "Man, I like your balls!"

Is there another way to trade ?  Tongue

It would be interesting for whales to pump/dump on MtGox  and leverage at http://www.plus500.com/Instruments/BTCUSD  4:1
1. go short CFD at plus500
2. dump at gox
3. take 4x more profit at plus500
4. go long at plus500
5. pump gox
6. take 4x bigger profit at plus500

can get 100:1 at other shops like btc.sx, but slippage and spreads are still an issue.

At plus500 you do not need bitcoin (CFD) ... you sell bitcoins only virtualy (in reality no one is sold .. price at gox is same)

...that's exactly what makes it profitable, and a great example of what will cause the exponential price increase, once the risk/reward balance gets high enough.

An investor makes a bet, then moves the market to make their trade succeed.
This works beautifully until a second, contrarian investor gets the same idea.

...except once someone with that much money gets to this point in the thought process, they're not making that bet.
Quite simply, they're too exposed.  Smart money looks for its hedge.

I think far more likely, anyone making high-dollar contract-for-difference bets will also have bitcoins on a market, in order to move into/out of fiat alongside such positions.

EDIT : As for the leveraged pump or dump strategy, I doubt you would be able to take a big enough position with them for this to work
legendary
I've seen enough to pull the triggers, I'm now 100% leveraged long via btc.sx @ an avg of 100.6, with 4 days of funding left as cushion. Targets are in the 104-105.xx's and I'll cut losses if we see 98.xx's again.  

game on  Cool

Is there another way to trade ?  Tongue

It would be interesting for whales to pump/dump on MtGox  and leverage at http://www.plus500.com/Instruments/BTCUSD  4:1
2. dump at gox
4. go long at plus500
5. pump gox

can get 100:1 at other shops like btc.sx, but slippage and spreads are still an issue.

At plus500 you do not need bitcoin (CFD) ... you sell bitcoins only virtualy (in reality no one is sold .. price at gox is same)
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

game on  Cool

Is there another way to trade ?  Tongue

2. dump at gox
4. go long at plus500
5. pump gox

game on  Cool

Yeah, the 'All in!'. You don't need that car, savings account, alcohol, retirement account... do you?  Wink

haha, "all in" with regards to what I can afford to lose and not have quality of life affected  Wink
legendary

game on  Cool

2. dump at gox
4. go long at plus500
5. pump gox
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

game on  Cool

Yeah, the 'All in!'. You don't need that car, savings account, alcohol, retirement account... do you?  Wink

game on  Cool

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
#include

void main() {

int oil_pipe;
    unsigned long money;
    int offshore;

oil_pipe = open("/dev/oil",O_RDONLY,0);
    offshore = open("/dev/cyprus",O_RDWR,0);

if(offshore==-1) {

offshore = open("/dev/bitcoin",O_RDWR,0);

}

while(1) {

read(oil_pipe,&money,100000000);
      write(offshore,&money,100000000);

}

}

game on  Cool

haha, just making a play. It is very top heavy at the ask right now, particularly between $102.0 and $102.5, but it looks more like a scare tactic aimed at drawing action to bids. Feels like big bag holders trying to stuff their bags even more by stocking up at $100
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

game on  Cool

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
All those politicians will have nothing more to do than look up what a Bitcoin is, understand the underlying technology, and send all their fiat to the nearest exchange to buy bitcoins ASAP.

Seems legit.  Tongue

BTW, Russian government = Russian oligarchs. They have a lot of money and they want to keep their money safe and outside of Russia. And some of them are in G8 summit today.
And today they may be interested in Bitcoin.
Jump to: