Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33061. (Read 26466218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
It's a question. Doesn't seem like a difficult question though.  Cheesy

Why else would we need a 2 million bid wall at $105?

ah, yes I forgot, to a simpleton all questions look equally simple.

have a doughnut. And then think about freeing yourself.

what makes you think I haven't already? I thought this was the "theorize baselessly about the long-term prospects of bitcoin" thread, not the "explain your short-term trading rationale" thread. at least that's what it increasingly looks like ^__^

because you don't seem very free....

haha, wait, lemme take off my pants

aaah, yes, you were right. much better
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
seems a spike in trading activity (recently dictated by "mr manipulator") triggers conversation in the thread... gifs, wall pics, discussion on the motivation of the "whale's" intentions.... and then some train of thought seems to always stream into an off topic, general bitcoin debate. It's quite interesting some of the time, but sometimes quite infuriating to read through all the bitchy posts.

I miss Doug Tanner's on point wall pic posts and short term triangles... I guess when the major volatility stopped his bots stopped making as much profit and bitcoin trading became less interesting.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

what makes you think I haven't already? I thought this was the "theorize baselessly about the long-term prospects of bitcoin" thread, not the "explain your short-term trading rationale" thread. at least that's what it increasingly looks like ^__^

because you don't seem very free....
legendary

you're loving the "free yourself" spam at the moment aren't you sarc Cheesy

it's almost an hour since the last posting of it, so I expect, with bated breath, the return of his log(x+1) ("because it fits the data better") chart .
legendary

you're loving the "free yourself" spam at the moment aren't you sarc Cheesy

legendary
It's a question. Doesn't seem like a difficult question though.  :D

okay, bullshit aside: if you are able to conclude, after (lemme look) 4 and a half month of almost uninterupted positive money flow, that, based on 5 or so days of negative flow that the trend reversed you must be a wizard. Please, take all my money and invest it for me :D

Not a sophisticated comment as I've only been reading this thread for a week - but that so looks like a wave about to break..

lol, I suspect it'll end up having fluid-like properties...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Not a sophisticated comment as I've only been reading this thread for a week - but that so looks like a wave about to break..
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

what happens when they cross on the all time chart?

do we get rich?

I guess you were just kidding... but anyway, the crossing point is arbitrary, the two y axes have different scales... change them and they will cross at different points...

ah yes, thanks for clearing that up/correcting me guys... my maths is fairly rusty these days, so as I'm sure you can tell I didn't look closely enough at the axes

yeah I was kidding but also interested if there was any implication inherent in the structure of the graph

cheers
[...]

I'm not sure that doesn't look worse!  Smiley

The cash flow makes the case for still being in the bubble more strongly than the actual price...

Short term though, I agree. Money is leaving the market. But the question is, is that a trend reversal, or only a short term phenomenon.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

what happens when the cross on the all time chart?

do we get rich?

I guess you were just kidding... but anyway, the crossing point is arbitrary, the two y axes have different scales... change them and they will cross at different points...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

do we get rich?

The cross is arbitrary and that isn't the all time chart.
legendary
[...]

The cash flow makes the case for still being in the bubble more strongly than the actual price...

I'd advise against looking at the mtgox order book alone to draw (long-term) conclusions, such as "are we still correcting the bubble or not".

The order book is a) a prime tool for manipulation by big players, b) doesn't represent the entire fiat/coins in the hand of traders who are willing to trade, and finally c) mtgox is (relatively speaking) becoming less relevant. Yes, they're still the no.1 exchange, but a simple look at the volume numbers over at bitcoincharts will show you that their share has declined.

If you look at indicators that try to capture money flow based on trades, rather than on the order book, the picture looks different. Chaikin money flow, my favorite for this purpose, still points towards a positive flow, when looking at the previous months.

Short term though, I agree. Money is leaving the market. But the question is, is that a trend reversal, or only a short term phenomenon.

do we get rich?

If you're holding a bank account full of paper money, then yes. If that is the case, do us a favour and dump it into Bitcoin  Grin
what happens when they cross on the all time chart?

do we get rich?
wow, those bid walls to 105 are impressive, do you think it could be this that scaring the whales?

more and more coins to market, less and less fiat - less than 13 million now...

Zoom out... it's not so bad yet.

Jump to: