Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33642. (Read 26461560 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

Profit-taking from $135 apparently.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
foo
Activity: 409
The hell happened on bitstamp? 150+ daily high!?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
$140 wall starting to be devoured.
Activity: 254
https://www.soar.earth/
Thank you for taking care of my finances. I managed to buy BTC700 at about $134.5 so I am cool for now, and let the price rise.

Decent decision, 700 is all you've got? Wasn't that more like 2500 i' ve read somewhere?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Thank you for taking care of my finances. I managed to buy BTC700 at about $134.5 so I am cool for now, and let the price rise.
Activity: 411
well a lot of people panic sell last week with that manipulation trick..  .. i was also a panic selller .. realy hard to not press buy..  but i'm weak  so i'll probably buy before 139 lol

Which trick would that have been?
Also: What's this "Black Monday" thing about?

the trick:  big fish sells off coins..     waits for an hour .. just when people think price is stabilizing..   then dump another load..     ppl panic.. and the selling keeps going until there's strong resistance.. big profits for  big player, he buys coins cheaper.. 
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
well a lot of people panic sell last week with that manipulation trick..  .. i was also a panic selller .. realy hard to not press buy..  but i'm weak  so i'll probably buy before 139 lol

Which trick would that have been?
Also: What's this "Black Monday" thing about?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Mininode...and proud!
So happy I bought at $128 yesterday and held onto it until now. Smiley That is one of the first decisions I've made that actually feels like it was 100% correct.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
*Sigh* so much for being boring. The bubble sine-wave begins again.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
And the first move has been made, it's going up! Let's see how many are going to jump onboard or keep waiting to see what will happen. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
I don't see what are the fees  Embarrassed

Edit: And I don't know how to send bitcoins to my phone number  Undecided
There's not a lot of info on their website is - and I can't find any discussion on here about it either.  Have they just come out of the blue?  I sent an SMS to 'signup' about half an hour ago and am awaiting confirmation.  I think the main thing I'd like to know is whether the users' in-the-cloud wallets are accessible by the company or whether they're more like blockchain.info's only accessible by the user.  Not wanting to be a wet blanket but if the former then everybody signing up ought to familiarise themselves with the mybitcoin history!

I don't see how it could be the latter.  You are sending them an sms, they have no way to access a private key on your device.

This is what I'm finding confusing.  Going by the limited information on the site alone it says: To make a transaction simply text your request. ex. "send '555-phon' 10 for beer".

Please bear in mind I may have got this totally wrong because I am not a techie.  But my understanding of that is that you're sending your payment SMS to the service provider not the recipient - in which case isn't it just an on-line wallet service with SMS instruction for payments and SMS notification of receipts?  If so then the private keys of the wallets associated with the phone numbers surely have to be kept on the service provider's side.  In which case, my question is: Are they only accessible via instruction from the phone or does the service provider also have access to them.  Unlike Blockchain.info wallets where the encryption/decryption can be done on the client side I can't see how that could be handled by an sms-only phone.

I'm not saying the service provider is untrustworthy but if my understanding is correct one essential aspect of Bitcoins - i.e. not needing a bank - is absent.  Maybe paywithbits.com is more trustworthy than Barclays or Mpesa?  I don't know but it's a big step away from what in Bitcoin world we're used to and I'm reservedly excited about this as something I'd like to see go viral in developing nations until I understand more.

The no bank aspect isn't what will win the masses.  As long as they are competent with security, I don't see a problem unless they aren't upfront about their real identities.  The need to be a registered business with the proper licenses.  Bitcoin is great for those of use who know how to secure it ourselves, but the average person is scared they will get hacked and lose it all.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

Edit: And I don't know how to send bitcoins to my phone number  Undecided
There's not a lot of info on their website is - and I can't find any discussion on here about it either.  Have they just come out of the blue?  I sent an SMS to 'signup' about half an hour ago and am awaiting confirmation.  I think the main thing I'd like to know is whether the users' in-the-cloud wallets are accessible by the company or whether they're more like blockchain.info's only accessible by the user.  Not wanting to be a wet blanket but if the former then everybody signing up ought to familiarise themselves with the mybitcoin history!

I don't see how it could be the latter.  You are sending them an sms, they have no way to access a private key on your device.

This is what I'm finding confusing.  Going by the limited information on the site alone it says: To make a transaction simply text your request. ex. "send '555-phon' 10 for beer".

Please bear in mind I may have got this totally wrong because I am not a techie.  But my understanding of that is that you're sending your payment SMS to the service provider not the recipient - in which case isn't it just an on-line wallet service with SMS instruction for payments and SMS notification of receipts?  If so then the private keys of the wallets associated with the phone numbers surely have to be kept on the service provider's side.  In which case, my question is: Are they only accessible via instruction from the phone or does the service provider also have access to them.  Unlike Blockchain.info wallets where the encryption/decryption can be done on the client side I can't see how that could be handled by an sms-only phone.

I'm not saying the service provider is untrustworthy but if my understanding is correct one essential aspect of Bitcoins - i.e. not needing a bank - is absent.  Maybe paywithbits.com is more trustworthy than Barclays or Mpesa?  I don't know but it's a big step away from what in Bitcoin world we're used to and I'm reservedly excited about this as something I'd like to see go viral in developing nations until I understand more.
legendary
Activity: 1904

Edit: And I don't know how to send bitcoins to my phone number  Undecided
There's not a lot of info on their website is - and I can't find any discussion on here about it either.  Have they just come out of the blue?  I sent an SMS to 'signup' about half an hour ago and am awaiting confirmation.  I think the main thing I'd like to know is whether the users' in-the-cloud wallets are accessible by the company or whether they're more like blockchain.info's only accessible by the user.  Not wanting to be a wet blanket but if the former then everybody signing up ought to familiarise themselves with the mybitcoin history!

I don't see how it could be the latter.  You are sending them an sms, they have no way to access a private key on your device.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

Edit: And I don't know how to send bitcoins to my phone number  Undecided
There's not a lot of info on their website is - and I can't find any discussion on here about it either.  Have they just come out of the blue?  I sent an SMS to 'signup' about half an hour ago and am awaiting confirmation.  I think the main thing I'd like to know is whether the users' in-the-cloud wallets are accessible by the company or whether they're more like blockchain.info's only accessible by the user.  Not wanting to be a wet blanket but if the former then everybody signing up ought to familiarise themselves with the mybitcoin history!
Jump to: