Pages:
Author

Topic: Wasabi Wallet - Open Source, Noncustodial Coinjoin Software - page 10. (Read 3957 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2991
According to the new release of Wasabi Wallet v2.0.6 - Juggernaut, the application has received new features:
1. Now the wallet supports new hardware wallets - Blockstream Jade and BitBox02.
2. The Safety Coinjoin function has appeared, which
ensures a minimum of two rounds of coinjoin for the first Bitcoin deposit into an empty wallet, preventing common coin consolidation pitfalls.
3. RPC Server Improvements: The RPC Server now offers 11 new calls.
4. The overall performance of the application has improved. Reduced wallet loading time by 60%.
5. Improved user interface. You can rename the wallet directly from the interface.
6. New PGP key for secure reporting of software vulnerabilities.
7. Also several other minor improvements.
  Releases · zkSNACKs/WalletWasabi (github.com)
Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
Safety coinjoins are a new default behavior in Wasabi 2.0.6 that protect users from spending their coins in a noticeable way. Check out this new blog to learn the details: https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/exploring-secure-coinjoin-protocols/
Then, I learned the real website is https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/

Yes, there are many phishing sites that appear in search results.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Apart from this, there is nothing more precise or a log about what changes the new update brings? "Many more cool improvements" can mean anything

There will be several blog posts explaining the improvements in this version. There's a lot of of subtle behavior changes that make the wallet "smarter" about when to coinjoin and when not to coinjoin, performance improvements so there's less loading and less CPU/GPU consumption, UI polish, and codebase cleanup that will make future development more productive.

I will make an alert for everyone.

I was looking for your blog, and then a found a phising site . Luckily, phantom wallet (browser extension) told me about it.

This was the first Bing result when searching for 'wasabi blog android app"

Then, I learned the real website is https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/
I believe that it will be in the future, but I prefer to see all the changes brought by an update before I accept it. Regardless of the type of software, each new update brings a certain type of risk because it has not been fully tested in live use.

Wasabi v2.0.6 "Juggernaut" just went live! Here's the full changelog... there's 527 PRs merged  Shocked

Read more about the new update in the announcement post: https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/wasabi-latest-release-2-0-6-is-out/

Download Wasabi: https://wasabiwallet.io/#download
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
There will be several blog posts explaining the improvements in this version. There's a lot of of subtle behavior changes that make the wallet "smarter" about when to coinjoin and when not to coinjoin, performance improvements so there's less loading and less CPU/GPU consumption, UI polish, and codebase cleanup that will make future development more productive.

I believe that it will be in the future, but I prefer to see all the changes brought by an update before I accept it. Regardless of the type of software, each new update brings a certain type of risk because it has not been fully tested in live use.
Apart from this, there is nothing more precise or a log about what changes the new update brings? "Many more cool improvements" can mean anything

legendary
The new version of Wasabi Wallet is in the final stages of development, you can test the release candidate here - https://github.com/adamPetho/WalletWasabi/releases/tag/v2.0.6-RC4

Release Highlights
Super-fast start up time 🚀
RPC improvements 🤖
UI improvements ✨
Avalonia update 🆙
Bug fixes 🐞
Blockstream Jade integration 🛠️
BitBox implementation 🛠️
Many more cool improvements 😎
The new version of Wasabi Wallet is in the final stages of development, you can test the release candidate here - https://github.com/adamPetho/WalletWasabi/releases/tag/v2.0.6-RC4
legendary
It's decent idea, phone usually use more battery when there's no strong mobile signal. I don't know how it can be implemented either, but i believe Wasabi team have sufficient technical skill to do that. Although i wonder how much battery can be saved when you use Wifi rather than mobile internet.

This option exists, but not so much to save the battery, but when it comes to updating applications, and the purpose is to avoid downloading too large files over the mobile Internet because these are often limited by mobile providers with such data consumption.

As far as I know, multimedia is the biggest drainer of the battery, and in the mentioned Wasabi case, it would only be text communication, so that part should not be a problem for battery capacity. For the application, I assume that some kind of customized Tor bridge could do something like this with minimum requirements.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
While it's true smartphone hardware become more powerful, it's not the only limitation. Theoretically, Wasabi Wallet need to run in background while connected to the CoinJoin coordinator and doing some stuff (choose input, sign transaction, etc.). And since Wasabi Wallet use Tor by default, Tor also need to run in background. I expect it could drain battery quickly and the OS show warning about it. CMIIW.
What if, when you first launch the application, you can prompt the user to select by default what type of connection will be used to connect (for example, only Wifi). I know that this can be done in the phone settings, but few people worry about it.

And the mobile Internet will be used “only when using the application.” My point is that if the mobile Internet is not used to work in the background, then this will not affect the battery drain in any way.

Although, to be honest, I'm not sure how to implement this.  Smiley

It's decent idea, phone usually use more battery when there's no strong mobile signal. I don't know how it can be implemented either, but i believe Wasabi team have sufficient technical skill to do that. Although i wonder how much battery can be saved when you use Wifi rather than mobile internet.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
While it's true smartphone hardware become more powerful, it's not the only limitation. Theoretically, Wasabi Wallet need to run in background while connected to the CoinJoin coordinator and doing some stuff (choose input, sign transaction, etc.). And since Wasabi Wallet use Tor by default, Tor also need to run in background. I expect it could drain battery quickly and the OS show warning about it. CMIIW.
What if, when you first launch the application, you can prompt the user to select by default what type of connection will be used to connect (for example, only Wifi). I know that this can be done in the phone settings, but few people worry about it.

And the mobile Internet will be used “only when using the application.” My point is that if the mobile Internet is not used to work in the background, then this will not affect the battery drain in any way.

Although, to be honest, I'm not sure how to implement this.  Smiley
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
--snip--
When was that comment about smartphones originally made, and how have smartphones of today have become more powerful since the original announcement? I believe some smartphone hardware might be starting to reach the capability of what some software requires of it to function like a desktop, no?

Although the smartphone's OS could be limiting, especially Apple's smartphones.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
I would certainly  use an android app of wasabi wallet.

Is there any release date for a possible mobile app? I think mobile users are many, and allow users to use wasabi in the phone would be very good.

A mobile app is on the roadmap, but it's not currently in the building stage yet. A lot of code maintenance was completed to make it easier to implement though.

This FAQ answer your question, although i recall it's created few years ago.

Is there an Android/iOs version?

No, Wasabi and CoinJoin features require considerable computational power, not currently replicable on a smartphone.

One short term option is to launch a mobile Wasabi app that connects to your Wasabi desktop running at home, similar to how Zeus used to only work as a mobile interface for your remote Lightning node.

When was that comment about smartphones originally made, and how have smartphones of today have become more powerful since the original announcement? I believe some smartphone hardware might be starting to reach the capability of what some software requires of it to function like a desktop, no?

Although the smartphone's OS could be limiting, especially Apple's smartphones.
I would certainly  use an android app of wasabi wallet.

Is there any release date for a possible mobile app? I think mobile users are many, and allow users to use wasabi in the phone would be very good.

A mobile app is on the roadmap, but it's not currently in the building stage yet. A lot of code maintenance was completed to make it easier to implement though.

No, Wasabi and CoinJoin features require considerable computational power, not currently replicable on a smartphone.

One short term option is to launch a mobile Wasabi app that connects to your Wasabi desktop running at home, similar to how Zeus used to only work as a mobile interface for your remote Lightning node.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
I wanted to check old blog post, so i visit that onion link and choose "BLOG" which redirect me to https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/. But it surprise me that link show me message "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!". I don't mind redirection to clearnet, but i expect they configure their website to explicitly allow Tor visitor.

Thank you for reporting this issue!  The site maintainers are working on fixing it.

This has now been fixed.  @ABCbits, let me know if you have any issues, I got a 403 error on one attempt, but refreshing the page made it go away.

Sorry i didn't notice your reply. Anyway, i can confirm i can access the blog from Tor Browser without encounter 403 most of the times.

Hello.

I would certainly  use an android app of wasabi wallet.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello.

I would certainly  use an android app of wasabi wallet.

I wrote a blog post for Wasabi explaining the DoS protection and fee savings features - https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/dos-fortification-and-coinjoin-time-preference/
Activity: 34
Merit: 33

Thank you for reporting, I had not realized there was an earlier origin for the quote!

LOL. LARPs as big defender of privacy but hasn't even heard of Cypherpunk's Manifesto!

Super example of Wasabi team. No idea what they talk about. No idea about privacy. Just want to make profit by spying on you.
I wanted to check old blog post, so i visit that onion link and choose "BLOG" which redirect me to https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/. But it surprise me that link show me message "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!". I don't mind redirection to clearnet, but i expect they configure their website to explicitly allow Tor visitor.

Thank you for reporting this issue!  The site maintainers are working on fixing it.

This has now been fixed.  @ABCbits, let me know if you have any issues, I got a 403 error on one attempt, but refreshing the page made it go away.
Pages:
Jump to: